• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Where's the Twerk in here? FukuaTwerkTeam learns a lesson in git gud

so i need a to do list..

Improve bella in her neutral
learn her runstops more effectively and not drop them under pressure.
ALSO LEARN FILIA AND PARASOUL MATCH UP

with filia.

Be more wild and act on instinct. Learn when to go low and when to go high. also incorporate fast falls and air throw whiffs.

with squigly
use more resets options.
Learn a better double: CHECK

with fortune
learn headless more just in case i find myself double snapped or something
also make sure to be more

with fukua.

find fuzzy guard.
learn CH combos and use shadows for resets.

Uh? Ow okay. One doesn't have anything to do with the other.
Really, it just means that it got burned into your muscle memory somehow. The moment it does seems completely arbitrary.
Have fun :)

Ow...THAT reset...
So just a few things :
- make sure you remember who it works on.
- after landing, dash forward. If you got a hit you still have time to confirm with c.lk, and if they guarded and pushblocked, you will stay in.
- I never tested it on characters that keep crouching. I guess going fake crossup is probably a fuzzy guard if you time it right (but I'm not an expert about fuzzy guards so I'll have to test) and the crossup timing should hit crounching ennemies but the timing will probably be tedious if you want to get the hit whatever they choose to do.
I have no idea of what happens when they mash a reversal (which way it goes out, will you get countered). And doing a "reversal" low profile crouching normal will probably make it whiff whatever you do.
Yeah it looks dirty and cool, but now I'm thinking about it, and it seems to have flaws :/

If you actually use it in real matches, give me some feedback.

Uh? Ow okay. One doesn't have anything to do with the other.
Really, it just means that it got burned into your muscle memory somehow. The moment it does seems completely arbitrary.
Have fun :)

Ow...THAT reset...
So just a few things :
- make sure you remember who it works on.
- after landing, dash forward. If you got a hit you still have time to confirm with c.lk, and if they guarded and pushblocked, you will stay in.
- I never tested it on characters that keep crouching. I guess going fake crossup is probably a fuzzy guard if you time it right (but I'm not an expert about fuzzy guards so I'll have to test) and the crossup timing should hit crounching ennemies but the timing will probably be tedious if you want to get the hit whatever they choose to do.
I have no idea of what happens when they mash a reversal (which way it goes out, will you get countered). And doing a "reversal" low profile crouching normal will probably make it whiff whatever you do.
Yeah it looks dirty and cool, but now I'm thinking about it, and it seems to have flaws :/

If you actually use it in real matches, give me some feedback.
i am going to to test on people and tag you only for the feedback on the result. wish me luck.

@worldjem i need help in terms of understanding the change for fukua's fireball. i like it but at the same time its weird. if you have a bit of time in your schedule at some point can you help me out in steam about the applications of air L fireball?

It should work the same as it did before in terms of how you'd use it. Air Dart L is to poke people who are getting close to you, and it's your main oki tool.

The difference is that now that the angle is steeper, Fukua's blindspot moved from directly under her, where she has very little she can do about, to kind of between Air Dart M and new Air Dart L, which you can cover easier with wither j.HK, or doing Air Dart M sooner.

It should work the same as it did before in terms of how you'd use it. Air Dart L is to poke people who are getting close to you, and it's your main oki tool.

The difference is that now that the angle is steeper, Fukua's blindspot moved from directly under her, where she has very little she can do about, to kind of between Air Dart M and new Air Dart L, which you can cover easier with wither j.HK, or doing Air Dart M sooner.
to add to my notes for future reference. so now the goal is to TK your M fireball?

Edit: @dragonos451 i did some extensive testing on that reset and results:

Bella is still on the same side and the hitstun from j lp allows the defender to mash on the same side. in short it can be mashed out of rather easily with gregor, fenrir, car(if you comitted to j mp) fiber upper, updo, double butt. SBO(top one) Big target's SSJ and much more.

its really really really cool looking though.

Last edited:
Fiber upper, updo and double butt will hit bella, not just avoid the reset?! Damn...
Does it change anything using j.lk instead of j.lp?

Fiber upper, updo and double butt will hit bella, not just avoid the reset?! Damn...
Does it change anything using j.lk instead of j.lp?
i'm going to really up my execution to be able to to link j lk i'll post you later on my findings.

updo will hit.
double butt and fiber will whiff and get out of the reset free

Ok thanks.
I always forget that updo has some hitbox behind it, I shouldn't have been surprised.
At least j.lk allows to guard if you want to bait a mash, but I'm disliking this reset more and more.
If it whiffs on crouching opponents or can be low profiled by most of the cast, I'm gonna be pissed :^/

Want me to check what is note-worthy in middle of all the weird stuff?

Discouraged? What's wrong?

frankly i'm tired.

very tired of having to reduce to pressing buttons as an answer. very tired of bella. like really really tired i don't know what context about bella that i'm tired of but i'm tired of it.

i win some i lose. cool

i know resets, i know combos i know burst baits cool.

Drewski at one point said "why couldn't be that i won do to me doing the smarter thing"

which i would agree after that set.....had i actually played smart 1/10 times that i should be doing.

in this game its not about Who's made the smarter decision, its about who fucks royally first.

at the current moment i don't show any signs of actually being able to use bella as i thought i would and if that's the case then i'm afraid i will have to resort to more.....drastic ideals.

Reactions: dragonos451
Have a good rest then.

Have fun. Seems important for you to have some too now.

Reactions: Cadenza
Try fighting against solo fukua first.

Doesn't help? Oh my, what a surprise! :p

Try fighting against solo fukua first.

Doesn't help? Oh my, what a surprise! :p
Actually in the beta..... its beatable for bella. i have no problems so far. the only time i did was when i was very focused on deflecting air balls. once she's on the ground i calculate the distance i need to do the deflect input. so whether a fukua would M shadow or would L shadow i would deflect and convert no problem. it was cerecopter that made it entirely frustrating.

Finally figured out why i mess up sometime on my S hp > runstop > s lp combo.

and now for the latest news.....i'm picking up parasoul and not PW. i do not know how to charge effectively yet but i will!

Fuck Charge characters like parasoul. her play is way too stiff for my taste......but i'm damn sure ain't trying to learn PW just to use her. i dunno in the end i might pick parasoul up gradually. but for now its not in my favor nor interest to study hard with this character.

1st Match - Dropped combos. And a jump in with jLK? Not sure if an accident, but that move isn't really good for jump ins with its low hitstun and weird hitbox, it's an air-to-air button. EDIT: Okay not an accident I guess since you end up doing it a lot, just still throwing that out there.

2nd match - Looks like you need to practice getting a full confirm off of an air jLP jHP, usually what people go for after is sLK sMKx1 cHP and from there you can continue into whatever combo.

3rd match- round start, you get the jHP but mess up the confirm. It's best not to use cMK during confirms when you go for launcher since it gets weird and can mess up your distance on the launcher or after (as what happened here). SO basically, just do jHP cLK cHP instead (or do sMK at least since thats more likely to work).

You also found out after the air grab why that basic air series doesn't work on double. For Double and Big Band, you can do something simple like jLP jLK jMP rejump jMK jHK for something that works most of the time on those characters without having to worry about dropping from throw combos.

You threw out a random napalm shot against a grounded double, not really advised since double can easily car when you have no dhc out yourself, so you have to be more wary.

4th match - Napalm shot on block into Sniper shot? Not sure why you did that, won't work in a lot of cases. It may have also been good to cancel that level 3 when it went the wrong way.

Most everything else was either the same as the above or just looking like getting a feel for the character so its okay. Just mixin some bHKs and some fMPs from here. Also lol the sage match.

sounds like you love the assist.... ~ <3 it's okay bae. I love it when you do the dirty things.

one of these days, you are just going to use BB as an assist monster. and that's okay. cause that will be from an alternate universe.

Reactions: Cadenza