• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Where's the Twerk in here? FukuaTwerkTeam learns a lesson in git gud

so that's got me wondering......resets are just sub priority over combos then.
I think that's the wrong way to look at it. If you are getting mashed out when you try to reset then you need to tighten them up or pick resets that don't require you to commit to as much, like dragonos was saying.

Oh also that moment yesterday when we were playing where I hit point fortune, her head, and assist with a hairball in the corner and moved like 4 characters backwards. lol

Reactions: gllt
I think that's the wrong way to look at it. If you are getting mashed out when you try to reset then you need to tighten them up or pick resets that don't require you to commit to as much, like dragonos was saying.

Oh also that moment yesterday when we were playing where I hit point fortune, her head, and assist with a hairball in the corner and moved like 4 characters backwards. lol

honestly i dunno. doing combos seems to be the safest route. just finish the combos. i know the resets but i forget that resets are basically risk.

why the fuck do people press buttons....WHEN THEY GET HIT? omfg how do i stop that shit?

Develop some unique burst baits that preferably have mixups attached to them. Other than that try and use frame traps like:

Combo bla bla into Cr.lk with fukua... Wait, cr.lk to counter poke their mash.

Combo bla bla.. Drop combo purposefully, call invincible assist. They press buttons they get blown up.

Stuff like that, basically.

OMG figured out a better team to run.

Bella(copter)/fukua(Mshadow)/filia(H updo)
Why point Bella? jw

Why point Bella? jw
bella has the better ground game. the fact that M shadow backs her up is by far the scary factor. you can mix it up with L shadow but there's a burst bait tech regarding the assist factor.

Edit: also regarding the fact that M shadow is a vaccum and does not knockdown which allows for grab set ups and 50/50''s which is really nice

Last edited:
having a hard time vs peacock as bella. i can reflect all i want but peacock gets to block or shit band got her covered so my options are limited

you can tumble run into super/battle butt/ run stop>block depending on what Pea is doing and where you are. Super jump>glide gets over plane George and Big Mash. Or just punish Big Butt, but you already knew that I'm sure.

you can tumble run into super/battle butt/ run stop>block depending on what Pea is doing and where you are. Super jump>glide gets over plane George and Big Mash. Or just punish Big Butt, but you already knew that I'm sure.
you do not want to do that. if she's got a projectile you'll get argus'd

you do not want to do that. if she's got a projectile you'll get argus'd

Still an option. I mostly am able to jump Big Boop. He's not too bad.

ok might have to experiment with L shadow for assist. i do like M shadow but its a bit....too slow for me or for any character in my team.

EDIT: as i thought L shadow is ass going back to shadow M

Peacock can't do shit about you punishing BB with titan knuckle or c.hk, as you can deflect on reaction.
Don't use tumble run except if you're close enough to battle butt her face if she moves an eye.
After you deflect, either block BB and punish or just dash forward. Watch out for deflector baits : if you try to deflect everything mindlessly, some peacocks will send just some georges, wait, and teleport behind you to fuck up your input and get a free combo. You can counter these with hp lnl cancal 360.
Bait get-away teleports, and learn to deflect/grab bomb-spawning teleports on reaction (I don't have the reaction myself, but I never really trained myself for that and it's useful, so...).
Will post about the WYL match today.

Reactions: Cadenza
Peacock can't do shit about you punishing BB with titan knuckle or c.hk, as you can deflect on reaction.
Peacock can just put you in a blockstring with Hp.Bangx3, giving you no window to punish, as the assist leaves the screen before you recover.
.. Well, I dunno whether that works for Brass, but it sure does for Fukua Drill.

Last edited:
Peacock can just put you in a blockstring with Hp.Bangx3, giving you no window to punish as the assist leaves the screen before you recover.
.. Well, I dunno whether that works for Brass, but it sure does for Fukua Drill.
brass with timed BangX1 is just....ugh i had to face customer service heropon and its brutal

You got some cheap damage, and you get a free dash forward. Or you could have c.hk to counter brass startup if you're badass, or super jump over it.
#patience

sooo just block with occasional reflect?
Reflect as much shit as possible (except if there's a single george and peacock is just standing there looking at you, that means teleport.
Assist doesn't impede you from deflecting anything that comes before it because you are hit invincible when you successfully deflect.

Reflect as much shit as possible (except if there's a single george and peacock is just standing there looking at you, that means teleport.
Assist doesn't impede you from deflecting anything that comes before it because you are hit invincible when you successfully deflect.
now that last part....i did not know. hm.........must call assist then reflect at some point and see what happens.

I believe it is finally time for me to comment that WYL match.
There were sone nice things, and some nnnghhh-inducing moments, but it's looking okay.
I'm gonna do it play by play, to tell what points were important to notice, and then I'll give more general advices.
1h14'38" : fortune goes for instant j.lk airdash j.hp, you try to counter with s.lk. That's...not what s.lk is made for. Its purpose is to stuff iad approaches. Here, fortune was high when she adc j.hp. There was no way s.lk could have hit or even trade.

1h11'43" : double jump forward diamond drop gets pushblocked. Well yeah, j.mp has so much blockstun it had litteraly no chance to work. Plus your attack was so obvious he could have countered with his feet on his pad. Either try another approach (j.lk for less blockstun, ground attack, empty jumps) or dash forward after j.mp. Keeps you close if you get PB'd, and you still have time to confirm visually c.lk if j.mp hits.

1h11'45" : fortune is far away, dash towards you, you try to mgr.
NO!
You were very lucky to not get punished. Bella relies on 50/50s when she attacks, but that doesn't mean she can afford to use 50/50s to DEFEND herself. I can't be mad at you for doing so because I did that for a long time but you really need to stop.
There are a few ways to defend yourself without having to use jump back j.mp and lose ground :
-Titan knuckle cancel hp lnl. Perfectly covers ground, can hit jumping opponent if done soon enough, hp lnl makes you relatively safe whatever happens.
-jump forward airgrab : obviously good if the opponent decides to jump, very low chance to get countered air-to-air, and a ground dashing opponent will have a hard time punishing you as he will most likely cross under and get a bit confused. Following a whiffed airgrab with j.hp can be fun too. J.lk is cool too. Or j.hp (even better).
You still most likely get pressured when you land if the opponent didn't jump.
- s.lk : stuffs iad attacks, and makes your low hurtboxes go backwards and very thin so it will probably dodge lows except if opponent decided to dash all the way to point blank (which means he's crazy).
Kinda dangerous but a proper use of s.lk
- c.mp : maybe? Not sure if works really well but could be fun to experiment.

1h11'47" : don't use j.mp when you are cornered. Opponent doesn't have to run after you so he won't jump into it, or will be in a good position to counter the rather long startup. And it makes you absolutely free on the way down. Besides, fortune can easily get high enough to avoid it as it happened here.
When cornered, lnl hp cancel supers or tumble run are good ways to get out. Diamond drop is also extremely valuable with its invinc frames and countering grab ability to put the opponent in the corner.

1h11'49" : cool delayed mash, that's what dynamo is for. Unfortunately it will doom you later.

1h11'55" : instant j.mp? Dangerous. Easy to counter you if you guessed wrong.

1h12'06" : omg you did a super jump! Learning? Oh wait it will be the only SJ ever...never mind.

1h12'07" : the most dangerous assist punish ever. MP(!!!) LNL...with fortune above you head...I don't want to know why you did that. It's stupid.

1h12'11" : j.mp on hit, mgr. Nicely thought. Could have confirm c.lk combo but who cares about combo?
Devil horns on incoming BB...okay, disrespect him if you want.

1h12'28" : BB in the air, you tumble run...cymbal clash. Yup, bad spacing to use run.
34' : gets baited hard.
48' : pushblock lnl. Why? I have no idea. BB was super far after pb. You get fucked with mp brass because that was a bad idea with no reason to make it.

13'49" : gets PB'd, lnl. Same, no reason, uses mp lnl because I don't know why the f.

14'28" : mcpeanuts : "he's playing very smart despite posting like an idiot"
LOL don't agree. You also play like an idiot. Proof? You use j.mp so much you get counter hit airgrabbed three times in under a minute. Light starting to understand your bella is still fraudulous. FT7 not gonna end well.
And also dynamo midscreen for no reason right when he finishes his sentence.

14'39" : midscreen assist kill. At least you got that.

Solo BB against solobella now? Uh oh. Match up is for you but I don't think you are ready for that.

15'43" : gets aggressive with j.mp with poor spacing, eat cymbals.

15'58" : looks like you're getting it. Staying grounded, advancing and blocking.
Pays off with a c.lk after BB whiffs a j.lk...but no BB combo? Come on they are super easy and the bnb isn't reliable against him.

16'06" : manage to get close to airborne BB and counter cymbal start up with j.hp. Excellent, you're in the zone.

16'15" : ...or not. Get too defensive and eat empty jump grab.
Looks like I forgot to tell you a few things. Everything I told you was about how to deal with BB "zoning" and pokes. Usually, BB doesn't want to be close to anybody, especially bella. But if you get too defensive, your bella aura will get way less scary and light understood it perfectly. BB needs to respect you, so an aggressive BB is dealt with very differently.
First, you don't need to stay grounded that much. Empty jumps and super jumps are also a good way to move forward. Just don't push a button every time you jump and don't double jump except if you gave a good reason to. Do j.lk, j.mp and j.hk here and there so he doesn't feel too confident going for an airgrab, and try being a bit random between empty jump and aggressive jump to make brass and beat extend counters dangerous enough. He needs to doubt. You were so defensive he wasn't doubting anymore.
Second, excellebella and airgrabs are efficient against a forward jumping BB. Excellebella for instant j.lk, airgrab for anything else. His jumps and normals are slow enough to make empty jumps counterable with diamond drop or 360 on reaction. Watch out for delayed cymbals, but a few airgrabs should tell him to stop going for that.

16'20" : run stop gets brassed. When spacing is a bit tight, go for a dash. Remember that run stop has a recover, so you can't guard immediately after stopping. Actually that would have been the perfect opportunity to keep running and 360. Only run stop when he jumps.

16'28" : dynamo for...some reason after a tech'd grab. You die but allows you to do the perfect choice : going suddenly super aggressive during the down pause, rush bb down and AA j.hk his face. That was perfect.

16'47" : dynamo against a jumping back BB. Cymbals hitbox says no. Don't try to catch cymbal with dynamo. Ever.

16'57" : tries to punish bb's taunt with titan knuckle but he has a bar. Get NOPE'd in the face on reaction.
Yes, a 21f startup move is among the reaction counterable moves.

17'18" : nice giant step bait but to far to punish. Good idea but I guess additional spacing/experience with bella movement could help.

And then bunch of runs that should have been dashes, get too defensive again, get baited so hard, bb is in the zone, game over?

19'10" : get more aggressive, good. BB needs to give some more respect.

19'28" : that dynamo was barely in range to hit. Could have been terrible.

19'50" : dragonos confirmed mcpeanuts' clone.

Fortune is back. Let's see if something different happens.

21'20" : fortune dashes then jumped, you made the same mistake and tried to mgr.

21'30" : again the worst punish idea ever. Lucky you light doesn't know what "punish" and "confirm" mean.

21'48" : yolo copter, works and I do that sometimes so I can't get mad. Fortune would have had a hard time punishing anyway.

55" : that j.mp could have been confirmed easilywith c.lk.

1h23' : boing boing boing boing boing...

23'47" : titan knuckle punish BB assist, fortune above your head, still no lnl to make you safer but who cares? Light let you live.

25'44" : I think this is the only airgrab you ever did...that's...wrong...

26'25" : oh oh, fortune's dying, first time you deal with BB incoming in the corner since...since...
No don't tell me you're going to...
*FACEWALL*
-_________-"

(putain qu'est-ce qui m'a pris de vouloir conseiller le plus mauvais mokubinisateur de cette planète >.<")

Ahem.
No.

And then no more bella. Good I didn't want to see any anymore.

SO what did we learn from that ?
- you still double jump way too much. Some super jumps would be nice. Some empty simple jumps would be great too.
- could use way more dashes.
- j.mp is cool but...you know, it is possible to overuse a move. That's what you did. J.lk is really good too.
- would love to see more lnl cancels to defend yourself. All your opponents won't suck as much as light to punish you.
- mgr should not be used on rushing in characters. Well except if your spacing is perfect and they do a really obvious jump, then you can backdash and mgr when they land. But else use s.lk or titan knuckle cancel lnl (watch out for input done too quickly, you don't really want to copter instead).
- stop using mp lnl for no reason.
- gotta learn how to deal with being cornered.
-learn spacing against BB that allows you to be aggressive.
- airgrab more.
- learn BB specific combo.

That took way longer than what I would be confortable with.
Hope it's worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: IsaVulpes
soooo stop using your character......cause this character is def outside my comfort zone.......got it!
its always the case vs shit band and fortune for some reason the other characters i'm fine.

Edit: if i can air grab more i will. but not aganist these double jumpers
answer:super jump.

i dunno whether i should be on the ground more or be in the air. i thought bella's power COMES from the ground

You were too much in the air double jumping against fortune.
You were too much on the ground against BB.

You were too much in the air double jumping against fortune.
You were too much on the ground against BB.
dammit all. so SJ on BB at appropiate times. but what do against 4chan?
i mean along with your discouraging remarks of my play(which felt really insulting and sometimes unneeded) i guess i can learn if i fight enough solo fortunes and bands. oh well i guess i'll stop tagging you if it hurts your eyes that much.

so after fighting Elda taluda's PW with my new team.

filia/fukua/bella.

i like the new team but attacking PW with filia is my new problem it solves the peacock problem instantly. but the PW with fortune is messing me up. must analyze and fight further in and discover more about this new team and what to combat.

i mean along with your discouraging remarks of my play(which felt really insulting and sometimes unneeded) i guess i can learn if i fight enough solo fortunes and bands. oh well i guess i'll stop tagging you if it hurts your eyes that much.
I apologize.

Being a french FG player means I'm naturally a professional shit-talker. I should have restrained my sarcasm a bit. Nothing personal or any hard feelings in what I say.

I apologize.

Being a french FG player means I'm naturally a professional shit-talker. I should have restrained my sarcasm a bit. Nothing personal or any hard feelings in what I say.
nah you fine. i prolly shit talk as much as any other. i'm gonna improve so that i can actually bella reliably instead of occasionally getting the right idea.

Reactions: dragonos451
bella reliably instead of occasionally getting the right idea.
Sums up perfectly your situation. Also called "fraud bella".
We've all been there, it's okay. Happy to see you're willing to keep going :)

bVHItP1.png

Gonna leave this here.

Reactions: Cadenza
Oooh. What'd I miss?