• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Where's the Twerk in here? FukuaTwerkTeam learns a lesson in git gud

What happened to Fukua
i try out all sorts of teams.

A= fortune/fukua/filia
b= squigly/fukua/filia
c= squigly/fukua/bella *i think
d= bella/squigly/ filia
e= fukua/filia/bella
f= filia/squigly/fortune(my FIRST team). trying to think of stuff for each and every team

Yes, that PW guide is older than me and the PW community is working on a newer one.

I'd be interested in your Fukua guide. Hit me up when you're done with it.

Regardless of our connection, let's try and do a set this week. I'm looking to replace Bella, and I'm bad vs Filia, Fukua, and sometimes Fortune.

i took a look at the PW guide @CaioLugon

it needs to be updated.

and also someone remind me to make a fukua guide(video AND OR text document with pretty pictures).
I believe @Spencer was working on updating it but, nonetheless, if by your standarts my assistance is required feel free to contact. Despite my Painwheel play being not the most proper, I believe my knowledge and experience, even if not great, can help out a layman in need.

The PW players are also, in my experience, very nice and helpful, drop in the subforum and hit them up.

Yes, that PW guide is older than me and the PW community is working on a newer one.

I'd be interested in your Fukua guide. Hit me up when you're done with it.

Regardless of our connection, let's try and do a set this week. I'm looking to replace Bella, and I'm bad vs Filia, Fukua, and sometimes Fortune.
you....taught me....FUKUA.....wtf..

ok i will do a guide on her and everything and wll provide a video let's do the set next week where my net will be optimal

Reactions: gllt
you....taught me....FUKUA.....wtf..

ok i will do a guide on her and everything and wll provide a video let's do the set next week where my net will be optimal

I taught you basics, mang. You've taken her a lot farther than I have. I enjoy playing her, she's just not who I want on my team. I think. (Things are up for debate right now, hue.)

I taught you basics, mang. You've taken her a lot farther than I have. I enjoy playing her, she's just not who I want on my team. I think. (Things are up for debate right now, hue.)
i thank you again though you taught me what i needed. and taught me things i needed to work on.

Reactions: gllt
ok so after running fun experiements

squigly/hairball/fiber....

i decided to learn eliza instead of PW

its not like i don't like to learn PW

but its like... if you're just picking her up you're screwed for a bit longer than any other character you picked up. besides eliza's couch is just hilarious

so after looking at something in the tier list KhaosMuffins
he posted something that seems to be quite true. most fortune play with head on. i do it as well. i use headless when i carry to corner mostly. i kinda know how to navigate head in neutral but against val i feel like its better to have head on. i dunno i'll take a look into it

It's even better with Filia and Fukua swapped. DHC Filia in there with Gregor at the end of a combo, so she can start right in the opponent's face.

but its like... if you're just picking her up you're screwed for a bit longer than any other character you picked up. besides eliza's couch is just hilarious

I seem to remember a certain someone complaining about that couch being used against him. :p

really?
Physical hit -> not deflectable anymore
And when you don't have multi hit moves, hitting it without getting hit is kinda hard (especially considering how fast it is), so even if you manage to hit eliza before she recovers, you'll most likely eat it.
Not saying "omg, it's stupid good" or anything like that, didn't really had so much opportunity to test it, just dropping my two cents.

hey jackass you can actually hit it now. so its actually bit more fair to EVERY character.

You mean with projectiles? Cuz it just ignores them. And it's not like you get much off it.

played a set vs @drewski

really cool guy. he's prolly one of the few people that keeps me VERY honest in my approach at times.
i'm contemplating on how to use headless when the situation calls for it and at the same time i'm looking to see what can i do to improve my filia.

Reactions: drewski
Mix up your approaches between run stop, glide, and double-jump forward. Para has to deal with all of these differently to keep you out.

Once youre to that midrange bella sweet spot, you know what to do.

bella vs para....what do?
Learn to deflect.
Learn the timing to deflect tear trap explosion.
As she tends to beat bella air normals, you better stay on the ground or chicken block. If the former, get ready to tech airgrabs that will inevitably come in at some point.
Even if that means you won't be able to zone from the air, it's not a problem. Parasoul can't jump in mindlessly or she will eat a lnl hp cancel 360. She can't zone really effectively because of deflect. And having poor air mobility, she will most of the time be on the ground. So you will be able to zone effectively with titan knuckles xx lnl or c.hk (makes tears whiff above her head when timed correctly, if that can be useful).
Tumble run won't be too useful, she doesn't have huge recoveries like BB, and follow ups are too much of a gamble for the reward. And you don't need badly to get in, it is easy enough without it, and parasoul will probably be willing to go in too anyway.

Now for the close combat part.
Lnl will be extremely useful as soon as you have a bar to react to anything that isn't a grab, be safe on block, and bait stuff.
Even against a grappler like bella, parasoul's dash + grab is so fast it's always a valid tactic. So don't feel confident guarding when she's at dash range.
She doesn't have really safe blockstrings afaik, s.hp tear shot can 360'd or deflected, maybe diamond dropped (?). She can egret call, but not twice in a row because of the recover, so pushblock absolute guard or pbgc and you may be fine.
Also, as long as parasoul isn't right against the corner, pillar xx bike super isn't a block string, so you can 360, or deflect the super (watch out, the super is deflectable, but not the special).

Running out of ideas for now.

Ok, been waiting for a pc opportunity to write it down, but looks like I'll have to do it on tapatalk...so here we go! Fortunately I took some paper notes.
first 18 min present 10 sec of bella on neutral, so not gonna talk too much about that. Left me a taste of too much rushdown and poor choices, but you seemed to panick, which was kinda normal considering the situation you were in. Gotta learn to fall back.

18' : some bella on point, woohoo!
Jump back j.mp : check
C.lk mgr : check

18'15" : goes for a j.mk mgr reset...no, seriously no. That is the most easily readable reset of all time. You failed also because you did j.mk way too early, so you weren't at c.lk range. Opponent had no reason to not jump. Go for c.lk resets first after that kind of setup. Then the opponent knows you're not auto piloting grab resets and will start doubting.

18'30" : nice diamond drop, but after that...ugh jumps all over the place, even though fortune went headless.
Bella doesn't have airdashes, and double jumping means she loses glide possibility. She doesn't want to be too much in the air, and I can't see a reason to double jump in neutral ever. She has good ground dashes. Not super quick startup, but it makes you able to move quickly where you want while leaving you free to act at will.

18'55" : nice use of glide
Run stop resets? Am I starting to respect you? Oh, never mind, kanchou reset...well, as long as it works...

19'11" : bella gets killed for using titan knuckle againt BB.
Yeah, don't do that. C.hk is a better option against him and doesn't extend your hurtbox like TK does. Go fishing with tumble runs to punish ground pokes, but always stay right outside of cymbal clash range. When he goes for that, just dash to gain ground and maybe start pressure.

20'15" : 2nd round start, and the first airgrab of a long series... God fortunes are braindead on round start...

20'25" : instant j.hk?! Terrible idea, wouldn't give a combo, j.hp would do a better job, and you could probably have been punished.

20'28" : lnl on neutral with a fortune high jumping...lol nope, not gonna work.

20'31" : poor read of the situation, dynamo wasn't gonna work there, especially with the beta version...maybe 360 would have hit. Or just guard.

20'36" : instant j.lk j.hk. I like that more but j.lk j.mp is probably a better idea, does the same thing and still allow you to follow up with j.hk or j.hp for even more pressure.

20'51" : ...looks like you heard me...

22'45" : ok, cancelling with lnl when getting pushblocked is already not that good of an idea to begin with, but am I crazy or you're cancelling into M lnl?! No, hell no. M lnl loses its armored frames before the first active frames so no wonder why you get hit by reversal fiber. The only use I find for M lnl is either for some gimmicky setups, or for zoning, mixing the lnl speeds to screw up opponent attempts to counter on reaction.

24'30" : would have been a perfect opportunity for a defensive h lnl. Use it more, it's good.

26'37" : miss 4chan is losing all my respect...

26'50" : you had absolutely no reason to go for titan knuckle there. Didn't serve any purpose except getting yourself pbgc'd. Wouldn't have caught anything, doesn't leave you in a better position if it hits on guard...
Titan knuckle is a poke, a zoning tool, a whiff punish. Possibility to cancel lnl makes it even better. But there wasn't the right place for one.

27'02" : VERY IMPORTANT, j.lp j.hp s.lp x2 or s.lp s.mp never works on fortune. Go for c.lp c.mp instead.

27'10" : ugh so much jumping. As long as you watch out for drill assist, c.hk or titan knuckle cancelled into lnl makes you able to bully the head for free, and fortune will be forced to respect that. Maybe you were not confident or a bit lost in your neutral, jumping because you don't know where to put yourself and not hitting a button because of 4chan head. Just stay on the ground, back up, block, air grab, bully the head, and force fortune to respect you with defensive lnl.

31'15" : attacking with head behind you? You deserve to get hit. Just fall back. Or dash cross down. Or something. But not blindly attack.

31'25" : boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing...
Isn't because bella's letmoteiv is "high flying death defying" that you should get high.

34'10" : don't try to use any normals against BB on neutral. Dash guard, tumble run, super cancels, mgr and you're good.

34'31" : mgr leading to BB death, nice.

37'24" : bella gets recked by BB because too aggressive with normals. Reasons are above.

48'03" : excellent mgr.
But I don't want to know why you c.mp at 48'07". Doesn't make any sense.
Then too aggressive again with the wrong tools, u die.

50'06" : drill H on block...mind fuck? Brain fart? When in doubt, 360!

50'32" : on BB, double and filia/fukua (and eliza? Don't remember) you can follow up mgr with c.lk c.mk j.mp j.hk restand without requiring a dash c.lk link. Just be aware that the restand will be harder for filia/fukua than usual (because she lands further away)

54'35" : interesting try but j.hp got low profiled. Be aware that instant j.hp will whiff against every crouching characters except BB or at very precise distances. Use it more as air-air pressure or a grab counter read.
Took me sooo long. Worth it.
If you want any precisions or have a question, go for it.
But now I should sleep.

all your notes on resets is in your diary?
Er...I didn't put much stuff about resets in my diar-wait
*rush to diary*
FUCK
*edit copypasta save*
*rush back*
-except my reset/BB compilation vid (looks like I even forgot to edit the link when I re-uploaded >.<")
And I only have annotations but no real explanation in my diary about anything.

Re-making the diary so it becomes kind of an bella tech encyclopedia, with explanations and all, is planned...but bonté divine it' gonna take forever. So probably not before September.

why the fuck do people press buttons....WHEN THEY GET HIT? omfg how do i stop that shit?
Just do resets that won't leave enough time to them to get a jab out. Like cross unders but then doing standing jab instead or low or throw.
I think you know bella c.mk run stop resets iirc? Do s.lk instead of c.lk/throw. If you get blocked, follow up with titan knuckle (pushblock bait) or s.mp diamond drop or c.hk.
You get the idea. Don't tell me that's a real issue for your other characters.