• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report 5/1 Salty - Taunt Madness, Robo-Fortune Completed

I really really want to make a another sarcastic response..but even I can recognize this isn't the right time...

So yeah. Thank you lab zero for putting up with your fans.

So taunts have effects now? Interesting, or not, i don't know.

Well all the new characters except squigley had/have taunts with effects before. Big band gets tuba tuba and death toll, beowulf gets chain grabs, robo gets additional missiles and eliza gets health regen off of sehkmet attacks.

Now all the main cast do as well, but the effects are sort of intentionally cosmetic/minor because reasons.

well, as i said before, i don't taunt, so don't make a difference to me, but i must say, the animations are gorgeous, i am just in love with this game and the people who work on it (playing for some weeks now =P)

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Just a reminder that complains didn't come only from three-two people here but also from Twitter and Steam forums
Which is even more depressing but whatever

From what I can see people are just whining about the status of the linux port again on the steam forums..not necessarily the taunts.

which basically happens every time anything happens without the linux port being out.

We should all strive to be like Squigly Taunt, because even without a reward for our actions, we can still turn our raging demons into expressions of love and kindness.
Caring Demon hype let's go.

Reactions: KaboomKid
And this just reinforces the idea of if you dont like something the developers did, you can get your way just by getting a small group of people and bitching and moaning about it a whole bunch. And most of time the developers will fold and bend to your will.
u thot

On something irrelevant? MAYBE. Because I did like 1% agree, although I personally fail to see the difference between irrelevant effects and nothing.
On something real? Nah.

wow
did he actually decide to do this because everyone was upset about it
afk
If you ever need to know why some other important thing...like replays...didn't happen for real on SG, look back at this and the time it took (as well as the attitude displayed by people), then multiply this by every damn little thing over the course of the project and you magically take up 6+ months of time (and sanity) that could have given the game something useful.

something
Why did you change your name? :^(

Why did you change your name? :^(
Dravidian was a cultural reference (the old Dravidian culture reminded me of me; clever but often misunderstood) and while diminished there are people who still speak dravidian languages and claim to be dravidians; people argue whether Dravidian is more of a linguistic grouping of people or an ethnic one. It's was more of a choice to try to avoid being insensitive by claiming a culture I'm not part of......then I realized that (probably) no one really cared enough, if at all, to be angry about it and changed it back in places I could. Skull hearts mods are a bit ascetic when it comes to using their name changing powers, though, so I'm permanently Covenant here.

Hi guys, let me give you our thoughts from the art side:

We weren't scheduled to create these taunts NOR were we paid to do the taunts - we made the decision to create them as our final gift for the fans.

We created these taunts AT OUR OWN PERSONAL EXPENSE FOR YOU ALL.

so

chill out.

Wait what really? I had this assumption that they were in the pocket, just never implemented because of other priorities.

This is why we can't have nice things...

If you ever need to know why some other important thing...like replays...didn't happen for real on SG, look back at this and the time it took (as well as the attitude displayed by people), then multiply this by every damn little thing over the course of the project and you magically take up 6+ months of time (and sanity) that could have given the game something useful.

but you did do it to just make everyone shut up, right?
i'm just kinda upset--no, upset is not the correct word. i don't know what the word is, embarrassed?
yeah. i'm a bit embarrassed over how everyone was upset that the taunts didn't do anything. like, who cares? they're free animations that are cute as hell.
while it's nice that they now do things, they were fine before, and i don't seem to understand why everyone couldn't have just rolled with it.

Reactions: Covenant
I don't know whether to be sad that it worked, or to be glad to realize that you have that much power, or both.

Be happy and don't think about it to much. This is a community designed and tested game, and every change that we get labzero to make is a testament to community driven games.

Rather than being mad that things get changed, be glad that voices are heard, think in the positive. Taunts that do something are better than taunts that do nothing. I'd personally like much more in your face taunts that are actually "taunts" and not personal actions, and taunts that don't last half a year and are impossible to get off.

A taunt that lasts 30 frames would be super dope. But I digress. We can't always get what we want, but labzero makes sure to give us what we need.

was fukua's taunt another "haha it's a clone" thing? since it's the same as her loss animation

this ride will never end will it

this ride will never end will it
It feels like there's a sort of bizarre joke hidden in that the name of this thread is "Taunt Madness"

Since Robo is apparently done, have one of these things:

Dunno if her voice stuff is final or not. If it's not, OH WELL.

(Voice stuff starts after all the SFX at 1:30)
Lost it at the MMX4 reference

Reactions: Midiman
I'm sorry that a community outcry for a change in the game has upset and hurt you so horribly.
It wasn't a community outcry. It was a vocal minority, a few incensed people on skullheart and twitter/tumblr/whatever.
Literally everyone's first reaction to this is "why don't they do anything?".
If that was true you wouldn't feel the need to "explain" that to anyone.

The world would be a better place if people were more grateful for what they had or at least shared their thoughts in a less entitled way.
"I'd love it if they did something, but I'm glad we have taunts. Thanks L0!" =/= "Why don't taunts do anything. Now I feel insulted."

It wasn't a community outcry. It was a vocal minority, a few incensed people on skullheart and twitter/tumblr/whatever.

The world would be a better place if people were more grateful for what they had or at least shared their thoughts in a less entitled way.
"I'd love it if they did something, but I'm glad we have taunts. Thanks L0!" =/= "Why don't taunts do anything. Now I feel insulted."

this

Reactions: majorgalaxy
Lost it at update to Zombie Apocalypse.
Nvm "Hopes deleted" slayed me.

I'm sorry that a community outcry for a change in the game has upset and hurt you so horribly. Literally everyone's first reaction to this is "why don't they do anything?".
Now they do "something". If you are getting "embarrassed" over so many people being upset over something like this you may want to calm down, yo.

i'm sure plenty of or at least some people are kind of embarrassed that this happened. i didn't even say that it hurt me nor did i type in caps as if i was having a stroke.

i'm sorry that my casual post on how this wasn't even necessary caused you to reply with some sarcastic remark that wasn't even necessary, but okay. who said i wasn't calm, anyhow?

also, let's not forget what mikez posted.

i don't think there's anything wrong with being slightly peeved, not terribly hurt, at the fact that what he said is true.

while it's fine that everyone's appetite for w/e they wanted was appeased, it wasn't necessary.
that's all.

Fukua's rule is that we never make new assets for her because she's a joke/wasn't funded.
The clone poses say otherwise.

EDIT: Double Val'd

Reactions: EA575
Be happy and don't think about it to much. This is a community designed [snip] game
No? No. No it isn't. It most certainly is not. It is one-hundred-percent not this. This game is designed by a person, with input from the community. Don't confuse the two.

is there a way to buy 10 easy taunts (bind 2 buttons type thing) for $4.99? Just make a DLC thing for it.
Heh, I can imagine I'd have a lot more success w/getting BB's more consistently.

Thanks for posting these. It's like icing on the animation cake. I've always thought Double might be tough to animate. Val's & everyone else's look cool (like Fukua's effect at the end to get her out of the pose). I guess they could be called personal actions (GG came up w/that phrase I believe?) since, as some people have mentioned, only Peacock really taunts. Taunt is the shorter way of phrasing it, though. Anyway, fun stuff!

Since Robo is apparently done, have one of these things:

Dunno if her voice stuff is final or not. If it's not, OH WELL.

(Voice stuff starts after all the SFX at 1:30)
@ 4:04, did she say "get rekt"?

Reactions: Radnar
i'm sorry that my casual post on how this wasn't even necessary caused you to reply with some sarcastic remark that wasn't even necessary, but okay.

Yeah i woke up knowing that the post i made would start this, wasn't thinking straight, sorry for the outburst and sorry to you both.

Reactions: Sparties
Lost it at the MMX4 reference
Now I wish Robo had a Zero color. Ah well.