• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report 5/29 Salty - Voice Pack Mania!

These voice packs are amazing, but I got especially giddy once I heard the Saxploitation lines. Thanks for all of your hard work, Skull Leader!

Man, I can't wait to hear how Voiced Story Mode turns out! The actors have played a such huge part in developing these characters, and with how much fun it sounds like they're having, it's gonna be great to hear them go all in.

Reactions: Wenzel
So while i like Valley Girl painwheel a lot, she does seem to talk waaaaaaay too much/loudly with it? like yes haha same with the trope but its still a bit much lol

Reactions: Shoes
Takes one to...yeah. :^)
dog you dont even know about my valley girl voice

How so? She doesn't have many more vocalizations than normal Painwheel. Perhaps you haven't subconsciously adjusted to all of Painwheel's lines not being "ARRRRGH"
its actually probably just this. her new sounds just sound a lot more... irritating? than the growls

Hey is anime peacock's opponent ground tech response "daijobu" referencing Athena's opponent tech response in KoF?

Hey is anime peacock's opponent ground tech response "daijobu" referencing Athena's opponent tech response in KoF?
She's basically just asking them if they're alright.
Probably not a reference?

I might be completely wrong but "Those balloons are holding you down, baby girl." doesn't seem like it's meant for Robo-Fortune? I mean, sure, a joke about a robot having a bust makes sense but "baby girl" makes me think otherwise.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm saying this because it happened.

Last edited:
Filia maybe? XD

I would hope that would not be directed towards Filia

I might be completely wrong but "Those balloons are holding you down, baby girl." doesn't seem like it's meant for Robo-Fortune? I mean, sure, a joke about a robot having a bust makes sense but "baby girl" makes me think otherwise.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm saying this because it happened.

That's supposed to be vs Valentine. Just to be clear, you're saying that she's only saying it for her intro vs Robo Fortune?

EDIT: Found the problem. We'll fix it. Thanks. If you notice anything else that seems off, please let us know.

Last edited:
When Robo Fortune gets added to the main game.

Fair enough, thanks for answering. While we're here, are there any projections on when that might be? Not meaning specific dates or anything - just how close is she to being in a state where she could be added, as someone yet to download the Endless Beta?

According to a a certain video, the Soon!™ could be this month, so get hype...

I was taking a closer look at Big Band and discovered some interesting origins, like from here at the forum...

Saxploitation references

"Jive ass dude ain't got no brains anyhow"
source: Airplane! (1980)

"Sho'nuff!" (etc.)
source:
see drewski's video post - The Last Dragon (1985)
Sho'nuff: Am I the meanest?
Sho'nuff 's Goons: Sho'nuff!
Sho'nuff: Am I the prettiest?
Sho'nuff 's Goons: Sho'nuff!

"from the clock's chime to the cock's crow is but an instant... I must go"
source: The Last Dragon (1985)

"you really laid some iron in this show, jack"
source: quote from a book, Imagining Language: An Anthology By Jed Rasula, Steve McCaffery
page 88 in the Harlem Jive section:
LAY SOME IRON: to tap dance. "Jack, you really laid some iron that last show!"

"tough crowd, but not as tough as me"
"Guess I won't be hanging up this hi-hat any time soon."

source: Skullheart, @KaboomKid Big Band Dialogue suggestions 21 Oct. 2013

"Brass to the face puts a fool in their place."
source: Skullheart, @Flotilla Official Saxploitation Big Band Thread 13 Feb. 2014

"You shoulda known I got the black belt in baritones."
source: Skullheart, @shoryusatsu999 Official Saxploitation Big Band Thread 4 Mar. 2014

"too funky for myself"
source: Undercover Brother (2002)

"I won't hesitate to lay the hammer down on any clown that comes around."
source: Black Dynamite (2009)

"Damn girl, you must got the devil in you."
source: I'm Gonna Git You Sucka (1988)

"A monster you cannot control has taken over your very soul."
source: paraphrase of tagline to Dr. Black, Mr. Hyde (1976):
"A monster he can't control... has taken over his very soul!"

"Take a hike, cool breeze"
source: The Last Dragon (1985)

I want to read the topic to see if release dates were announced but so many damn spoilers

Reactions: Wenzel
So, this is not exactly a bug, but I still kinda feel the new announcer voice packs (=dazed and female) are noticeably quieter than the retail ones.
Addressing this while there's still a chance to do so. @Mike_Z, do you disagree on the issue?

Last edited:
So, this is not exactly a bug, but I still kinda feel the new voice packs (=dazed and female) are noticeably quieter than the retail ones.
Addressing this while there's still a chance to do so. @Mike_Z, do you disagree on the issue?
Me? I don't care. You wanna @render.

I know everybody's super busy and we're down to the wire, but I think a dedicated thread for voice volume issues is warranted, if it would actually lead to volume tuning. Would it? @render

I don't think we need a new thread. Just tell me which VO packs and announcers sound quiet and I'll tell Vince. Whether or not the sound files can take another volume boost without compromising on sound quality is questionable, though.

What I'm getting from @Muro is that it's just Dazed and Female announcers that are quiet, no?

What I'm getting from @Muro is that it's just Dazed and Female announcers that are quiet, no?
From seeing videos on the voices online, Dazed does sound low. However, the female announcer is debatable.

I remember people saying Painwheel's old and new lines were off, level-wise, but I can't remember exactly. I'm telling people to come here if they have any suggestions about this kind of thing.

I remember people saying Painwheel's old and new lines were off, level-wise, but I can't remember exactly. I'm telling people to come here if they have any suggestions about this kind of thing.
Painwheel's new and old voice tracks are different in tone. Example being the new audio is "grittier", not that its bad, it just stands out. But hey, new dialogue after about what... 2-3 years. A VA's voice can change over time, or they'll try a different approach to the role next time out.

Since the Double voice pack got updated today I took the liberty of uploading the reel with just the voice pack audio instead of all of her sounds.

Last edited:
Still think "I did not have pugilistic relations with that woman" is the best for Political Double

It's pretty hard to pick a favorite as nearly everything Nonpartisan Double says is gold.

Republican Double is gold, still wish Kaiji's line from the infamous video, "Hey hey hey! I'm here to take your job!" was put in. That like was great.

Why am I complaining? I haven't laughed this hard at something like this in a LONG time.

It figures you would be the single person thus far to get it wrong.
I've said it, actually. It was Republican Double for a long time, makes sense some people would use the name. And then Peter called it Politician Double on that stream he was on, so it is not surprising that people get it wrong.

And then it's called Nonpartisan Double in the OP of this thread and elsewhere so who cares at this point.

still wish Kaiji's line from the infamous video, "Hey hey hey! I'm here to take your job!" was put in.

Sorry, I guess I missed that one. I made sure we had "Republican Carrrr" in there, and other stuff he said.

And then it's called Nonpartisan Double in the OP of this thread and elsewhere so who cares at this point.
Sorry, I guess I missed that one. I made sure we had "Republican Carrrr" in there, and other stuff he said.
Nah, it's cool. It's still amazing without a line or two from the original video.

It figures you would be the single person thus far to get it wrong.
I'm sorry D: I'm so used to ppl calling it Republican Double, it just sorta slipped out. At this point if I'm not getting it all wrong, then I'm not doing anything right.

Well yeah, hence why I brought up that it was even addressed under a different name recently. And yeah, it's silly to care. So to give an actual point to this post; these voice packs are amazing, you guys are amazing.

Reactions: North888
I believe it was @Pizzarino, whom I hold in quite high regard.

My original Republican Double script draft included denying climate change, praying to Richard Nixon as if he was an eldritch god, and telling Squigly she wouldn't have died if she was a rich white person. I don't know why Render thought it was too offensive and changed it to Bipartisan Double.

praying to Richard Nixon as if he was an eldritch god, and telling Squigly she wouldn't have died if she was a rich white person.
I love you and am now saddened that this didn't come to pass. At least what we got is great in its own right.