• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report 8-15 Salty: Beowulf implemented ingame, Eliza nears completion!

Considering there was already a game full of completed characters, that says more about you than about us.
I'm a pessimist, tru nuff. I always get nervous around sequels, as well as spin offs and additional seasons. I was also taught to be wary of someone doing too good a job.

Why would the establish quality decrease? It isn't like KI where a different team of people took over SG development post IGG campaign. Mike and company are still around so the pessimism feels uncalled for.

tumblr_naeppqPMOu1saxguxo1_500.gif

Is it weird that I want this gif to say "Comers Gonna Come" on it?

I was also taught to be wary of someone doing too good a job.

That seems a bit counter-intuitive, unless you mean somebody new coming in and doing too good of a job.

However, if they remain consistent in doing a good job it's probably the real deal and they can be afforded some leeway.

That seems a bit counter-intuitive, unless you mean somebody new coming in and doing too good of a job.
People usually are only so good at things in general. I usually don't meet people who are great at everything. If someone is great at something, they're usually weak somewhere else. If someone is doing a really good job in one area, I tend to wait for the part that they're going to be really bad at. As if we all have a stat allocation system that's set up when we're born.

However, if they remain consistent in doing a good job it's probably the real deal and they can be afforded some leeway.
Define consistently? Cause as far as Skullgirls: they made one product that I played, which is Skullgirls. After that was the IGG. During the IGG I was excited for new characters even though I thought all the characters weren't going to be great. There was also the added uncertainty of a how well a group that had a company back them could function on their own. My expectations from that time have since been turned around, and I enjoy that, is all I'm saying.

There was also the added uncertainty of a how well a group that had a company back them could function on their own.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I mean not to say a huge amount about the previous work environment but man the answer is "they can function WAY BETTER".

tumblr_naeppqPMOu1saxguxo1_500.gif

Dan (Street Fighter) thinks he is the King of Taunt? Beo taunts you going back :D

Reactions: chickenwithtie
It's gonna be kinda sad when Beowulf backwalks and then an Elephant falls on top of him.

Reactions: Fat-Ass ♪
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I mean not to say a huge amount about the previous work environment but man the answer is "they can function WAY BETTER".
It's funny, I've learned so much about how people work on a project under a company and on their own from you guys. Before everything was just weird I kinda thought maybe they did better under a company, but now it seems like the only positive thing is the money and the brand name (not that those are small positives).

He'd be blocking...
Okay this is just occurred to me, but since Robo Fortune is getting a taunt and you've expressed wanting to give the other characters taunts, would Robo Fortune's taunt be remade into Ms Fortune's?
If this sounds garbage, sorry I've only had like, 3 hours of sleep atm.

People usually are only so good at things in general. I usually don't meet people who are great at everything. If someone is great at something, they're usually weak somewhere else. If someone is doing a really good job in one area, I tend to wait for the part that they're going to be really bad at. As if we all have a stat allocation system that's set up when we're born.

Define consistently? Cause as far as Skullgirls: they made one product that I played, which is Skullgirls. After that was the IGG. During the IGG I was excited for new characters even though I thought all the characters weren't going to be great. There was also the added uncertainty of a how well a group that had a company back them could function on their own. My expectations from that time have since been turned around, and I enjoy that, is all I'm saying.

See, that just reads like you always expect for the other shoe to drop when... sometimes there just isn't one. Sometimes a person can be good at multiple things without 'needing' to be bad at something.

As for consistently: They put out a good product with a fuckton of frames in this day and age. Also as a big fan of fighting games, I was pretty impressed that every single super was not a retread of a special move so it showed a lot of care. And then the curse started. The fact that they were still willing to work on the game so much without getting paid just cemented my faith in them to always do excellent work.

Which is why I didn't really care about the vote or wanted to fight about it: I knew whoever they put in would turn out well.

Reactions: Armageddon11
He'd be blocking...
I was hoping it'd be you, Mike. Thank you.

'Course, once Beowulf is released and draws a bunch of new people to Skullgirls, you'll still have to remind them that blocking is in the game.

Reactions: juju_for_president
I honestly don't know which is more insulting and trollish: that cocky ass backwalk, or the fact that it was almost in perfect time with the beat of Eliza's stage music. xD

i saw a glimpse of this thread and only noticed "beowulf implemented"
then i read more and saw that it'd be a while before he got in game
i cried a little bit
give me my beobella team

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
Shouldn't eliza have like, 10 more palettes

beowulf confirmed turtle. hes just walking backwards like 'nah bro, you gotta come to me'

I'm sure I'll see that backwalk whenever I lose to Beowulf player. And you know what? I wouldn't even be mad.
^ So much of this. As often as I get curb-stomped, seeing that after wouldn't be so bad.

Reactions: Cawtime
Can Beowulf backwalking be a meme? Yes it can!

Is there gonna be an update for Xbox with all the game updates with eliza?

Is there gonna be an update for Xbox with all the game updates with eliza?
No. Eliza is never coming to consoles.

In a less sarcastic answer: yes, Eliza will eventually be released on Xbox. It will be in a few weeks but there is no set time yet.

No. Eliza is never coming to consoles.

In a less sarcastic answer: yes, Eliza will eventually be released on Xbox. It will be in a few weeks but there is no set time yet.
No I meant is there going to be an update with entourage and and ending screens that's going along with eliza.

No I meant is there going to be an update with entourage and and ending screens that's going along with eliza.
Well yeah. The latest state of the game is what gets submitted, for both consoles, so all the changes + Entourage + whatever else I did that I forget.

i should check steam in bit. just got back into PS3 side of things need to order a 1TB for it...