• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza A Song of Blood and Beauty - Eliza Lore & Speculation

Oh, no!

bloody_marie_by_gedonko-d7pw1a3.png

By: http://gedonko.deviantart.com/

I did imagine her voice being mature/sultry/deeper but Ruff gave her more of a lighter, sexy and sadistic villainous sound. Quite the opposite but it is still fitting. Can't wait to her the singing parts in her gameplay.
I know, i also imagined her voice deeper, but still I love hoy she says " Booys, prepare the limooo! "

She's not an opera singer, she's a lounge singer. I can't tell what she's looking at though, at first I thought it was the sun because of all the light, but now I'm not so sure.

Right.
Sorry.
It's cause Squigly's an opera singer and for some reason I though,
they were the same and,
you get the idea.

I also expected Eliza has a stoic and sexy voice, but she now has a voice full of spirit and style!

That's definitely stage lights. Her staff is standing straight up . She's singing.

Also, about the shirt, @Balder I noticed that too. I was wondering if Eliza and Double knew or had something to do with each other.

And yeah the top right is Fukua with Shamone, but Alex made them noticably different so you knew who's who.

Maybe squigly and parasoul look like they are against each other is because they faught in Squigly's story

So the statement that Eliza's story will be more "robust" than the previous story modes has me pondering what additions or changes might take place. Are we going to start introducing diverging paths? Introducing battle conditions that affect dialogue post-combat? The ability to choose who will be our team rather than getting pre-assigned teammates? (Because who can really say no to working alongside Eliza?)

The mind reels at the possibilities.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
Ugh, my god, when will she be released????? Her story mode, the anticipation...Usually I am patient but ughhhh. I think Eliza's will be the most interesting/mindblowing/wtfuckery story yet.

*looks up synonyms for robust*

Sooooo....when can we be expecting eliza on psn?

Some tidbits from the EVO panel:

Alex pointed out several times that it's probably bad to keep thinking of Eliza in terms of literally controlling blood, more like Sekh/Eliza can manipulate the cells Eliza is made of. It just tends to look like blood when it's in a liquid state. This is why it can change color and consistency.

Eliza's story mode is going to be gigantic and heavily steeped in lore. It's estimated to be 50% longer than any previous story with massive amounts of lore built in and far less nebulous hints. For those waiting for more concrete answers about the many mysteries about the world of Skullgirls, this is your port of call. As Eliza is such a central figure to the SG universe and one of Alex's favorite characters, he's making sure a lot of detail is covered.

I wonder if Eliza's story mode will be harder than average.

I'm crossing my fingers for another non-Marie final boss. I kind of want Cerebella to tag along with Eliza for a few fights until she realizes that Eliza is trying to use her against the Medici's and then you have to fight her as the final encounter.

Reactions: Shockdingo
cerebella: hey eliza i know what song you should sing?
Eliza: Oh?
Cerebella: We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky

NOW THAT'S REAL SOVIET DAMAGE

Annie's gonna make an appearance. They're both old broads, it's certain to happen at some point.

Reactions: Woofly
cerebella: hey eliza i know what song you should sing?
Eliza: Oh?
Cerebella: We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky

NOW THAT'S REAL SOVIET DAMAGE

Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got.

That's interesting news about Eliza's story mode! They seem to make each one bigger than the last!
Not to sound negative, but I reckon part of the reason Eliza's getting so much lore in her story (besides being a favorite of Alex's and being an central figure in the overarching story) is because this is sort of their last chance to get certain bits of lore in, not including any potential sequels. I mean Beowulf probably won't add too much to the overarching story.

Now, Squigly's story had more cutscenes/dialogue than the launch characters, and also had some formula breakers like a tag partner and an alternate final boss. Big Band had even more dialogue, a conversation before every fight. So I assume Eliza will have a couple formula breaks and she'll have to meet every member of the launch cast (DLC can't appear in storymode right?). Maybe Isaac, Delilah, The Trinity and Filia's heritage will all finally be discussed.

Okay final bit of my mega post, remember how the empty version of Lab 0 got modified before Big Band's story came out and we all kind of silently agreed it was going to be a big part of his story? Well now there's that alternate version of Medici Tower where Ottomo and Vitale aren't there anymore. I think it's possible Eliza will have a fight in Lorenzo's office at some point of the story, either protecting her blackmailer from Fortune/Peacock or fighting Cerebella so that she can kill Lorenzo herself.

That's my two cents.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
In compensation to all the stuff in Eliza's story Beowulf will be something like "I dropped my tuna sandwitch, and now I'm mad. I'LL KILL THE SKULLGIRL"
Which is basically why I'm a little disappointed we got Beowulf.
But eh, maybe they'll pull a miracle and let his story mode be a insight of the average New Meridian folk. That'll be something I like to see.

index.php
Looks like someone asked the Skullheart for fullscreen showstoppers.

Man, if Eliza's story is gonna be super long because Alex likes her and it's basically their last chance for lore at the moment...

What, you don't think Robo-Fortune's story is going to be steeped in Skullverse history?

Sure, but I doubt Robo's story will be useful to the lore, she's a clone character. I will be very happy if I'm wrong, though

Oh, actually forgot a couple of things:

First Alex is finalizing her character portraits now. The ones in game are still not final.

This story will be the most canon one so far. It's still not perfect canon, but it will be hitting a lot more official notes than some of the others.

It was said they were thinking of making Robo's story a Fukuaish joke story.

Well at least there'll be another Umbrella/Annie joke probably.

Joke's on them, they got nothing on me visually.

Joke's on them, they got nothing on me visually.

They could just put in a generic grey figure and write DDB on top of it.
It's what I'd do.

Or just some generic gamer image. I think that would do.

Alex is finalizing her character portraits now. The ones in game are still not final

Oh thank god! Not to be a jerk, but that portrait has been driving me crazy since I first saw it! It's not that it's bad, it just doesn't look like the right art-style.

Thanks for keeping all of us who didn't go to EVO posted!

Oh, actually forgot a couple of things:

First Alex is finalizing her character portraits now. The ones in game are still not final.

This story will be the most canon one so far. It's still not perfect canon, but it will be hitting a lot more official notes than some of the others.

It was said they were thinking of making Robo's story a Fukuaish joke story.
YEAH SON.
Looking back on it now, we probably should of asked Alex what "story" characters were needed for each canon story mode.