• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza A Song of Blood and Beauty - Eliza Lore & Speculation

Has it actually been said why Alex didn't want this? I'm pretty curious.
I don't particularly care about the palette itself..

Okay. Apparently the palette was a fan made thing.

Reactions: agent13
Apparently the palette was a fan made thing.
Long story short: Zazz made it and posted it on the Fan Made Palettes topic; Mike Z was passing by, saw it, liked it a lot and said he might try getting it into the game.

iBUvT93.png

But if y'all want to get riled up over missing palettes, she still doesn't have a Oichi palette. That's the real offense. :P

Anywho, here's a new batch of concept art, this time by Keith:
1+Super+counter+Eliza+mode.jpg

time+out.jpg

Rest is in a variety of you-know-wheres but I mean our compendium when I say so. :3

Wow I wonder if that super counter is ditched,, Imagine two Elizas doing it and the ones who receive that are her assists. (other characters not Albus & Horace) 8 characters on the screen.

Two characters and a walking bomb is already a mess for me how will I survive this

is albus and horace still gonna be assisting eliza during gameplay or is that out the window

is albus and horace still gonna be assisting eliza during gameplay or is that out the window

They're working on that now.

well it would be a waste to have them animated and not use them, and this has been stated several times that they are in

Reactions: yellowflash26
Still crossing my fingers that the blood mechanics are not completly thrown out.

Still crossing my fingers that the blood mechanics are not completly thrown out.
All women have a blood mechanic...
I just want to see more albus and horus. I like the summons more than that blood mechanic atm. Reminds me of Doronjo.

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
I've still got my fingers crossed for a Ragyo Kiryuin palette, given I'm pretty sure it would work really well given Eliza's build/ outfit.

Ash Ketchum pallet the blood could be white and red like a pokeball yall might say its dumb but fuck yal opion that shit sounds tight

All women have a blood mechanic...

If I could manipulate my dead eggs into cats and beautiful women I wouldn't be here losing my time talking about vidyagames and cartoon tits

If I could manipulate my dead eggs into cats and beautiful women I wouldn't be here losing my time talking about vidyagames and cartoon tits
Wouldn't that blood have more stability too? Since it's mixed with other shit?

tumblr_n7r3pbwHuN1tfwrpeo7_1280.png
Concept art by three more artists added to the art compendium. Or you can also catch it on the official blog.
Which is making me start to ponder why I'm bothering with this in the first place... (.__.)

Still need the model sheet to really compose things. As of yet, the compendium is feeling like a crown without one of its most shining jewels.

Bit of a slow week. Let's hope Salty! has some sort of novelty, even if it's just more colored frames or a alternate palette or two.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
Well they said Albus and Horace and then supers were being worked on next so hopefully we'll have something.

Hey guys! Since Gundam won't be on this channel for Rebel Up today, Mike is gonna be showing Eliza updates later!
Link here: http://www.twitch.tv/Jyosua

It hasn't been said when he'll show em though. But I can update when he does.

Yeah~! Let's get some "bloody action" tonight. get your body Reggie.

Eliza stuff on the above mentioned stream is about to start within the next few minutes, so hurry up and get on there if you wanna catch it when it begins!

EDIT: Woops. Meant to post this in Gameplay. Oh well. I'll leave it here anyway.

Quick change list from the stream:

2 new palettes.
Some more colored/completed frames.
Her blocks now have random shields.

----------

Updated moves:

Staff Spin:
214+K / QCB+K
Faster startup. 214+MK can combo off lp now.

----------------
New moves:

Servant Summons:
236+LK / QCF+LK
Albus or Horace runs across the screen with a lounge chair. Works like Parasoul bike, except it's a physical hit so it absorbs all projectile hits.

236+MK / QCF+MK
Horace divekicks down at a steep angle. Lands a specific distance from Eliza. Causes groundbounce on hit. Horace can be knocked out of it.

236+HK / QCF+HK
Albus pops up from the sewer under the opponent's feet and command grabs them. He tosses them across the screen in a wall bounce. Does no damage. Huge cooldown as it launches a manhole cover into the air and can't be used again until the manhole lands. Eliza is free to move during this time.

Tag in:
Same move as divekick servant summon, except Horace is holding Eliza and places her on the stage when he lands.

-----

Future Stuff Mike Mentioned:

Blood mechanic:
This is confirmed to be gone. Eliza and Sekhmet are her shtick.

Taunt:
Input is confirmed to be "MK, LP, Down, LK, MP" (Anakaris' Pharoh Magic) input. Not added to the game yet and its effect has not been announced.

Supers:
Eliza and Sekhmet are planned to get another super each. They may be level 2s and the characters could end up with no Level 1 supers.
There's also the possibility of Eliza having a DHC only super.

Last edited:
Couldn't get to the stream, but those servant summons sound great.
No Level 1 Supers? Hm...interesting.
DHC only super huh? Future solo Eliza players stay tuned.

The Blood Mechanic lives on...in my dreams

Man oh man, do I love the concept art of the Servant Super Counter; just seeing Horace have to drag Albus away would not just be hilarious, but also a great way to establish his personality. I hope that's not out.

Man oh man, do I love the concept art of the Servant Super Counter; just seeing Horace have to drag Albus away would not just be hilarious, but also a great way to establish his personality. I hope that's not out.
Sadly, that one might not have a chance. Only her Blockbusters need to be implemented (I personally hope Sek gets a couple more basic moves) and there's a fair chance they will be:
1) a dive bomb variation of the air grab (the alleged air only Blockbuster)
2) a DHC only Blockbuster (very likely the chariot animation that was originally conceptualized to be her tag in)
3) a Blockbuster that can be used by both Eliza and Sekhmet (which may involve the fabled blood hippos)

Anywho, there is now a YT upload of the latest change log and, to what concerns this topic, Mike Z went through the current palettes. Hit the 27:20 mark to see them.
Here is the current list. Palettes 10-12 are new.

o1rniv2.png

01 - Default
02 - Customary RGB flip palette
03 - Customary black/white/gold palette (might move to #5)
04 - ???
05 - Eliza (Tekken)
06 - Midnight Bliss Jedah (Vampire Savior)
07 - Kikuri-hime (Shin Megami Tensei series) ???
08 - Original
09 - Princess Iset (Vindictus)
10 - Tharja (Fire Emblem)
11 - Urien (Street Fighter III)
12 - ??? ("This one just looks cool" - Mike Z ; I don't think it's Anna Williams because the stockings and eye color don't match)

Last edited:
Palette 9 is Iset from Vindictus.

Is there a link for blood hippos? I keep seeing posts about it but I don't know what it's supposed to be.

Reactions: Balder
Palette 9 is Iset from Vindictus.

Is there a link for blood hippos? I keep seeing posts about it but I don't know what it's supposed to be.
Blood Hippos was mentioned in the very first preview and it's never been seen in game. I really think it's just her s.mp, which looks a lot like hippos and I think used to look even more like them.

I don't think her s.mp are the legendary blood hippos. They probably have it as the super for both sekmet and eliza as they were described erupting from the ground. Still a small chance it exists!

So Eliza got some mentions at the Anime Expo panel.
Her voice was shown off in game and the first image from her story mode was revealed. Someone snapped a photo of it, so it's in spoilers below:
Hf5Xd9P.jpg

If you want to discuss the story image included above please use spoilers.
Use: [ spoiler]
blahblahblah [ /spoiler]

Apparently some misinformation has been spread that her story mode is actually voiced by Eliza. This is not true. She has an in game voice and a silent story mode just like everyone else.

Last edited:
Oh... so Cerebella will accompany Eliza?

OK, I actually don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes sense for her to interact with anything Medici. Fingers crossed for some Dahlia and/or Ottomo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Undeadtoon
Eliza's/Michelle Ruff's VA has started being implemented in the beta. I found some videos that show some of it:

Intro:
"Albus, Horace! I shouldn't be long."

Snapback quotes:
"Leave my sight!"
"Cut you down!"
"Exiled!"

Win quotes (seem to be related to the outfit she comes out in):
"Hmm... victory looks good on me." (Mini dress)
"Yes, I am rich!" (Fur coat)
"I could go for a dip right about now" (1920's-esque bathing suit)
"Boys, prepare the limo!" (Red carpet dress)
"Deal with it." (Scandalous MikeZ-unapproved bikini)
"How do I look?" (Priestess bathing suit)

Last edited:
Cerebella is going to be the middleman? She's dumb as a brick. I mean, how else would a leg breaker be considered "pure-hearted"? The Skullheart just didn't want to hurt her feelings (and be subsequently smashed into unrecognizable debris).
Eliza's gonna play her like a fiddle. She's gonna Vanessa Mae the crap out of Bella.
Lorenzo is either completely senile or this is a Vitale coup sub story.
Anyway, +1 finger crossing for Dahlia and/or Ottomo when things inevitably go awry for entrusting a teenage circus performer with daddy issues to deal with a likely millennial master manipulator.

dat side bewb doe

Eliza's/Michelle Ruff's VA has started being implemented in the beta. I found some videos that show some of it:
Damn it, Simon! Is there ever a time you DON'T deliver? :D

Intro isn't "Oh this?", it's "Albus". :3

So Eliza got some mentions at the Anime Expo panel.
Her voice was shown off in game and the first image from her story mode was revealed. Someone snapped a photo of it, so it's in spoilers below:
Is there going to be a video of the panel? I heard it was awesome.

Wow that is exactly what I imagined her to sound like.

I think her intro actually says "Albus? Horace? I shouldn't be long."

Tone is a bit higher than I imagined, but I like it. The "Yes, I am rich" line is great.

Edit: Baldered and became the Left Eye

hmm, yeah that makes more sense! Fixed it. :)