• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza A Song of Blood and Beauty - Eliza Lore & Speculation

When asked for an ETA on Eliza Render said he would be surprised if she wasn't out this month. Yay!
You see Render now you jinxed us. Haven't we proven time and time again that this game is cursed.

Wha-
WHAT THE FUCK?

Why is she like a skeleton with tits the size of her head?
aaaaaaaaanimeeee

Why is she like a skeleton with tits the size of her head?
The short explanation:
uGnNTVf.jpg

The long explanation:
As I said, Odette is a reference to the Norse goddess Hel who is described as being part skeleton. Also, in the game's context, she is necromancer and - this is very much a VanillaWare thing - they tend to portray them as women with very large busts because of the idea of necromancers giving new life to dead bodies and breasts being associated with nurturing. It's also a twist on the trope as necromancers tend to be invariably portrayed as old men. It's also worthy of note that it's the same design principle for the Sorceress in Dragon's Crown.

Side note, I wouldn't be surprised if this palette was Alex's idea. He's a big Odin Sphere fan, after all.

Current palette chart:
Eliza_pallets.png

01 - default
02 - customary RGB flip palette
03 - customary black/white/gold palette (might move to #5)
04 - ???
05 - Eliza (Tekken)
06 - Midnight Bliss Jedah (Vampire Savior)
07 - Kikuri-hime (Shin Megami Tensei series)
08 - Crimson Viper (Street Fighter IV) (a character also voice by Michelle Ruff)
09 - Original
10 - Princess Iset (Vindictus)
11 - Tharja (Fire Emblem)
12 - Urien (Street Fighter III)
13 - ???
14 - DIO (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
15 - Cleopatra (1963 film Cleopatra, starring Elizabeth Taylor)
16 - Odette (Odin Sphere)

Last edited:
Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
I feel like I've seen Eliza's taunt somewhere before. It is a reference/homage of something or completely original?

Just two more weeks.

I feel like I've seen Eliza's taunt somewhere before. It is a reference/homage of something or completely original?

Most likely jojo although I am totally guessing.

I like the look of this new palette. Imma take it, thank you.

This new palette blends nice with my dark blue/black team colors

Oh man, I fucking LOVE this Eliza color here, but it brings back bad memories about how much of a bitch it was to fight Odette as Gwen in OS. Having to lame it out from her summoning so much stuff it started lagging the game, forcing myself to ignore her to fight the little fish things so I could get enough juice for my Spirit Bomb or Sougenmu, her OHKO spider leg kick...

So as I said, I fucking HATE this Eliza color here.
:PUN:

Hope they get more of a variety of colors for the blood. But Fortune and Valentine only had a couple weird ones and the rest of them are standard just red.

Eliza got new VO! And she's vicious as ever.
Also what the fuck is with her fucking S.MP VO, why just high notes?

Word of VO Goddess:
I guess all that's left is to implement it.
And while we all know the dangers that come with assumption, I guess this includes Sekhmet, Albus and Horace. Fairly certain the voice work for all three can be wrapped up in one day.

Anywho, 16 palettes done. Maybe 6 more to go. Muh Demon Queen... T_T

After hearing about the news and the update, I am very happy now.

Just 4 more weeks.

It pains me to interrupt such a remarkably stimulating discussion but to change the subject, there was a Lab Zero stream a few hours ago, with Persona working on a couple of new palettes (and I think, giving A&H palettes to match the alternate ones).

8vAtpAO.png

Fairly certain the one on the left is a I-no (GGXX) reference.

Maybe they ought to try a black, purple, pink combination one of these days... :3

Reactions: Fat-Ass ♪
It's definitely I-No. The staff color pretty much gives it away.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my tekken(idc dat's anna fite me), street fighter and gg main

It pains me to interrupt such a remarkably stimulating discussion but to change the subject, there was a Lab Zero stream a few hours ago, with Persona working on a couple of new palettes (and I think, giving A&H palettes to match the alternate ones).
Brian

Definitely using the I-No palette if the Ragyo Kiryuin one doesn't' get in

I think this is the longest we ever had to waaaaiiiitttt. Urghhhhhhhh...I hate you steam players. You get everythinggggg.

nah..there have been worse much much worse.

I once had dial up internet.

I just wanna play Eliza for all that potential Lore.

Comon guys, cheer up. Just two more week.

Comon guys, cheer up. Just two more week.

Your picture matches your comment. lol