• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

I watched regular Full Metal Alchemist and I was disappointed by the ending and the implied rape but other than that it was so full of feels and great storytelling that I rank it very highly in my book.
I've heard that Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is even better and it lacks the two above mentioned problems so I'll definitely add that to the list.

I looked up Manliest Anime on youtube and found this.

It's 1:30 AM and I feel like working out now.
So manly... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cybermanworf
I watched regular Full Metal Alchemist and I was disappointed by the ending and the implied rape but other than that it was so full of feels and great storytelling that I rank it very highly in my book.
I've heard that Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is even better and it lacks the two above mentioned problems so I'll definitely add that to the list.
Brotherhood is MUCH MUCH better.
It follows the Manga to a T.
And it's overall a lot better than the first FMA Anime.
So good I can't even watch the first one anymore

Does it lack the above problems I mentioned? More importantly the second one. Sorry I feel very strongly about that in media, It kind of just ruins the experience for me.

Good to hear, I'm definitely watching it.
I've seen a couple episodes on Toonami. Olivia's cruel and bitchy but I can tell she's good and has strong ideals so I like her. Winry is awesome, she has no real strength but she's strong willed and always manages to be important somehow.
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood has some great characters.

Last edited:
Yeah basically
Brotherhood is a lot better.

As for other anime recommendations...
The upcoming Blazblue Anime.
'nuff said
I can't wait for that... I wanna see my lovely Bang in action.

Yeah basically
Brotherhood is a lot better.

As for other anime recommendations...
The upcoming Blazblue Anime.
'nuff said

Man, Brotherhood was awesome, got into the manga right around the time Brotherhood was announced, loved it.
To Denizen, I understand your feelings toward that kind of thing, never watched the first FMA anime but I had heard about that part and I was like yeah, I hate that crap in any form of media so I think i'll pass.
And jeez, I actually forgot about the BB anime, gotta remember to watch that.

Reactions: Denizen
Is it alright to talk about manhwa here?

Brotherhood is MUCH MUCH better.
It follows the Manga to a T.
And it's overall a lot better than the first FMA Anime.
So good I can't even watch the first one anymore

Wanna know what's better?

Out-takes Turned into Greatness

Reactions: Denizen
Anyone like that there Gintama? no? just me?

okay, I'll see myself out.

Girls of the Wild's yo.
Love that manhwa.

Reactions: BZ Choy
Been interested in Gintama, havent had the time for it
Its really good. Hilarious interesting characters with FANTASTIC multi-part arcs.

Yes liking Gintama too but Anime on break ended again. Manga is still going though and the movie just released recently.

Yes liking Gintama too but Anime on break ended again. Manga is still going though and the movie just released recently.
the anime for Gintama has ended like, twice already though. It's like Robot Chicken with it's fake cancellations.

I dunno, I also got a whole lotta manga to read too.
Might read some of the Madoka manga.
Cue Marraphy. He hasn't shown up anywhere yet has he?

Remember Marraphy? The guy with the dog with glasses avatar who was obsessed with Madoka Magica and made some terrific Beowulf palettes. I followed his tumblr for a while until he revealed some opinions I did NOT agree with. But he's a good guy, a real credit to The Wulf Pack.

Just feel like putting this here.

The last Anime I watched recently:

Unfortunately, I cannot find the actual opening on Youtube. Maybe due to copyright problems, I can only show you the song.

This show though ;A;

Unfortunately, I cannot find the actual opening on Youtube. Maybe due to copyright problems, I can only show you the song.

This show though ;A;

Be glad I'm here.

Reactions: No longer exist
You are my hero.

Thanks. Sad thing is... I still haven't finished it. I'm still on episode four and I haven't went back to it since last year. I might marathon it later today.

Also, don't worry about the manga cause I'm caught up on it.

Reactions: DARKNESSxEAGLE
I should finish the shows too. Waiting for the manga updates is tough.
So good.

I heard Angel Beats is super funny.

I am interested.

I feel like I'm the niche of anime fans when I say I like Fairy Tail....

Isn't that the thing that's Not-One Piece?
Every overly obsessed one piece fan will say ANYTHING is "that thing that is not one piece" whilst they pull out there one piece sales charts. not all of them are like this, but most that I have met are like this

also, it feels more like dragonball than one piece.

No I'm just saying isn't that the thing that is basically One Piece's style?
I'm assuming yes.
I don't mind but that's what I keep hearing
it does resemble one piece in terms of an artstyle, but considering that Oda and Mashima both worked under the same artist, Akira Toriyama, it is possible that they'd have similar artstyles both inspired by toriyama.

Also Fairy Tail's art at least has different body types for women besides hourglass sexy and "OMGWTF is that thing?!"

Last edited: