• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

I recently finished watching Shin Sekai Yori.
Everyone who dropped it before episode 14 should definetly give it another shot, it's actually really good.

Reactions: DARKNESSxEAGLE
I feel like I'm the niche of anime fans when I say I like Fairy Tail....

Then i'm with you there too?
I love Fairy Tail, don't really care what the detractors say, it's been a fun ride so far and i'm glad that the anime will be returning eventually.

Then i'm with you there too?
I love Fairy Tail, don't really care what the detractors say, it's been a fun ride so far and i'm glad that the anime will be returning eventually.
It really reminds me of Dragonball before all the sci-fi stuff popped in. I love it!

I didn't want to make a separate thread for this because I consider it anime so I'll just post it here.

LEGEND OF KORRA second season release date on September/13/2013

PS: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra are my favorite shows(animes)......ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: deice and SkyKingJ
It's not Anime because it's American made. A better term is "Animated Television Series" or "Cartoon", preferably the former.
Regardless, unless Number 13 or Jutsei says otherwise I think it's OK to talk about it in here.

Ermmmm.
Hard to say, really.
I do like Legend of Korra, but I believe that's more of a cartoon.
But I'm not really Head Anime guy, I just comment in this thread a lot.
Just because my name on Steam is Animeking194 doesn't mean I'm a king of anime discussion.

But it wouldn't hurt to make a general cartoon thread to compliment this, would it?

Well anime is cartoons, just from japan. But yeah If this thread is strictly for Japanese cartoons then there should be a separate thread for American Animation.

I guess I will make a cartoon thread later unless one of you guys beat me to it, but on another note has anybody else seen that trailer for Pokemon Origns. The trailer looks so good.

Reactions: DARKNESSxEAGLE
I guess I will make a cartoon thread later unless one of you guys beat me to it, but on another note has anybody else seen that trailer for Pokemon Origns. The trailer looks so good.

Oh dude I forgot about this, it looks so friggin' sick!

I recently finished watching Shin Sekai Yori.
Everyone who dropped it before episode 14 should definetly give it another shot, it's actually really good.
I actually found it's first 14 episodes more interesting than most people say they did. While the main plot was progressing slowly, there was a lot of foreshadowing and subtle details that, if you watch those first episodes again, you'll see tie in with the last stretch of episodes.

That ending though. That's some heavy 360+LP+LK right there. So good

I'm mostly hyped about that particular Pokemon anime not just because its based on the old games, but Tomokazu Sugita was confirmed to be voicing Brock.

How about that Watamote?
Watamote-07-Large-14-630x354.jpg

Hmmmm... Pretty darn good, yes sir I like it.
tumblr_mr85y2Cdqt1rf785do1_500.gif

I've only seen gifs of it on Tumblr.
And I can only be disturbed how I basically am that main character.
It's not disturbing.... I am Tomoko too. We are all Tomoko!

Let the record please show that I am not Tomoko.

In terms of manga I've been reading Terraformars. I'm really enjoying it, there are some pretty gory scenes for the dude that was looking for gore.
201.png

Was I the dude looking for gore? I don't remember. Also SkyKingJ were you the one who created the "Funny GIFs/pics/memes thread" on the previous SkullHeart?

I never heard of Freezing or Kill La Kill so feel free to educate me on the subject.
Judging from that video Coppelion looks like one big schoolgirls with guns fetish so it loses points with me immediately.
But I guess I should give it a chance.

I only know about Freezing since I read the manga awhile back. The backstory is that Earth is at war with these random monsters and there are special academies set up in various countries so duo teams are formed (girl/boy) to train and fight against these monsters to defend humanity. The girl would be the active attacker with special weapons while the boy is more the supporter/sabotage in the team.

The generic plain looking with a secret-hidden-potential yet rarely does anything important MC Kazuya (Who is arguably one of the most hated MC characters in anime ) enters the academy as a first year and acquires a harem of these first year girls slowly throughout the series because of his natural nice boy charm and is pretty much the exception of "duo teams" rule since he never really picks one female officially to be his partner although the main heroine character who is blonde, wears glasses, and has big tits seems to be his favorite.

However the GIRLS in this series has much more exposure/character development in the series compared to the guys (including Kazuya) so its really about the female characters unsurprisingly. The violence is about as active as the fanservice and characters getting killed off is a regular thing so don't get attached with anyone. In short its your run-in-the-mill ecchi battle manga with quite a bit of drama, but there are loads of chapters out (100+) with several arcs including a prequel manga so there is alot of...plot in the Freezing universe to explore if I had to praise it.

Edit: Speaking of the Freezing Anime 2nd season I heard they are skipping that controversial arc with the incest and starting straight away to Antarctica. I guess I can see why they did plus it wasn't important plot wise except whatever character development is developed for the main heroine that involves being sexually harassed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denizen and Jutsei
Ecchi battle stuff don't come out very often in anime series, so I'm usually hype when one is announced.

In what way Satellizer has developed after that incest arc? Will the change feel too jarring if I skip it?

As for Kill La Kill, it's a new anime made by some of the staff who did Gurren Lagann and Little Witch Academia, so you can expect slick 'n smooth, dynamic CGI-free animation and over-the-top action. From what I can gather, it's a post-apocalyptic series where a student council ferociously rule one of the only big cities left in the world and the main heroine, a transfert student, is here to change that. There's some weird stuff involved with uniforms, like the Extreme Uniforms are used to enhance someone's talent and give him some superpowers. This is how the student council has such a strong control over the city and only the best of the best students can sport them. Apparently, for an action series, it is supposed to be character-driven.

Check out the trailer:

For Coppelion, I'd say it looks at least more interesting than those few moe girls-with-guns series we got in recent years.

As for Kill La Kill, it's a new anime made by some of the staff who did Gurren Lagann and Little Witch Academia, so you can expect slick 'n smooth, dynamic CGI-free animation and over-the-top action. .
That's literally all I needed to hear.

Reactions: Denizen
As for Kill La Kill, it's a new anime made by some of the staff who did Gurren Lagann and Little Witch Academia, so you can expect slick 'n smooth, dynamic CGI-free animation and over-the-top action.

So, it's done by Studio Trigger? I might give it a watch.

Yeah, Trigger.

So, it's done by Studio Trigger? I might give it a watch.
The only thing I want to hear Trigger doing is Little Witch Academia. I need more of that animation!

The only thing I want to hear Trigger doing is Little Witch Academia. I need more of that animation!
tumblr_mkp0vaBHYp1qhdb61o1_500.gif

I'm surprised people haven't heard about Kill La Kill yet. Well, I'm glad I brought some good news.

Have a nice, drooling animated gif.

6di.gif

Sadly her "super form" design looks awful.

Reactions: SkyKingJ
Uhh, hey, anime-watching people. I've kinda been getting into the whole anime thing recently, and I'm hopin' ya all can help me scope out some series that I'd enjoy.

The only series I've watched the whole way through so far is Cowboy Bebop, and it's basically in my top ten things ever at this point. I'm also halfway through Samurai Champloo, which is also pretty good. If any of you guys can suggest anythin' similar, I'd appreciate it. ^^

Uhh, hey, anime-watching people. I've kinda been getting into the whole anime thing recently, and I'm hopin' ya all can help me scope out some series that I'd enjoy.

The only series I've watched the whole way through so far is Cowboy Bebop, and it's basically in my top ten things ever at this point. I'm also halfway through Samurai Champloo, which is also pretty good. If any of you guys can suggest anythin' similar, I'd appreciate it. ^^

well, these arent like the series you have watched, but these are all still good:
Attack on Titan, Eden of the East, Initial D, Mushi-shi, Sengoku Basara, The Slayers series, Gintama. these are just the ones I can name off the top of my head.

I'd say go with some of these.

Hokuto No Ken = This anime will turn you into a man.
Outlaw Star = A great classic. It holds a special place in my heart.
Sword of The Stranger = Seriously, don't pass this up. It's one of my favorites.
Blue Gender = It's pretty dark and gritty and has a great twist.
Claymore = Even though the last two episodes messed up the War in the North arc, it still has superb action.
YuYu Hakusho = Another good series with great action and loveable characters.

Reactions: Jutsei
well, these arent like the series you have watched, but these are all still good:
Attack on Titan, Eden of the East, Initial D, Mushi-shi, Sengoku Basara, The Slayers series, Gintama. these are just the ones I can name off the top of my head.

I'd say go with some of these.

Hokuto No Ken = This anime will turn you into a man.
Outlaw Star = A great classic. It holds a special place in my heart.
Sword of The Stranger = Seriously, don't pass this up. It's one of my favorites.
Blue Gender = It's pretty dark and gritty and has a great twist.
Claymore = Even though the last two episodes messed up the War in the North arc, it still has superb action.
YuYu Hakusho = Another good series with great action and loveable characters.

Thank ya both. I'll look in 'em and see what I think.

There's always time to watch:

Honey & Clover
Kaiji
Mushishi
Chihaya furu
Beck

And a personal favorite: Eureka Seven.

To name a few that don't get mentioned as frequently as others.

Well, those two are classics, so not everything is quite as good ;)

I'll try to suggest fairly recent anime that has been good:
Shinsekai Yori ("from the new world", starts somewhat slow, but great story.)
Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan? - silly translation)
Bakemonogatari / Nisemonogatari / Nekomonogatari / Monogatari 2 (great series by nisio isin, very punny humor.)
Ghost in the Shell: Arise (the older GitS movies / series are really good too, but this is recent OVA)

Two lighter animes that I liked this season:
Blood Lad
Danganronpa

I suppose I'll throw in a older less known wildcard: Seikai no Senki. Really awesome scifi anime.