• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

This, will, be, interesting.

Fry_drool.gif

lhjhbB9.gif

Warp-Digivolution + Wargreymon redone in HD... holy fuck, yeah!

Also, they better use the Warp-Digivolution's they gave to the rest of the cast in the PSP-game:

It would be fucking awesome to see the whole original cast go Mega in the final episode or something like that.

Currently got interested in this new gambling psychological manga called Kakeguru that gave me Gamble Fish/Liar Game vibes from the first chapter so looks promising.
And read another ongoing from first chapter. With thriller/psychological genre it's so painful T_T

Last edited:
so, where should I start in the monogatari series? I tried bakemonogatari, but I feel like I've missed a LOT of things that happened beforehand.

so, where should I start in the monogatari series? I tried bakemonogatari, but I feel like I've missed a LOT of things that happened beforehand.
Just watch from broadcast order since chronological order will take awhile since they skip around. Kizumonogatari is the film for example when Araragi becomes a vamp which has yet to be released. It's kind of handled the same way as the Haruhi anime.

Start with Bakemonogatari (15 episode), Nisemonogatari (11 episodes), then Nekomonogatari Black (4 episodes), Monogatari: second season (26 episodes), and then Hanamonogari which airs on August 16th for 5 episodes.

Chronological order is something like Kizumonogatari (what happens in spring break), Nekomonogatari:Black (origin of cat spirit), Bakemonogatari (when MC meets most of the other cast), Nisemonogatari (covers sisters and other stuff), Monogatari second season (after summer break/sister incident), Hanamonogatari ( about Kanbaru when MC graduates high school).

I waited kizumonogatari right after first season. They announced it even before fire sisters arc! Shaft cheaters.

New chapter of Kiwaguro no Brynhildr (Elfen Lied) was hilarious.
Random Yakuza guy punching the hell out of an alien monster when guns were not working. Brave or stupid?
t008.jpg

t009.jpg

New Chapter of Claymore will give everyone a sick desktop background for at least the next few months.

Latest episode of Akame ga Kiru was good although given what I heard that no character has plot armour and that given one character got their backstory revealed and is the nicest to the main character, makes me think they won't last long.

oh geez

i am only okay with this if short haired karate girl and mc is otp

and after watching all the episodes that have been made for Akame ga kiru, I probably just said screw it and read all of the Manga so far, I can say I do enjoy this series so far.

Prison School being animated will be great since the comedy is just ridiculous especially in the later chapters, but it's likely to be censored to hell for the TV release. It might turn out alright though since I know more ecchi anime that somehow evaded the censor bat with minimal damage.

Oh look Gintama getting violent again in the current arc lovely~
j019.jpg

So I picked up
Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite

I'm liking it so far.

What does that title translate out to?

What does that title translate out to?
I'm garbage at this, but something to the effect of "To protect my life, I must stay a virgin".
It's like slightly twisted version of AGAIN and My Wife is whatever that girl's name is.

It's about a 30 year old who played around with women his entire life who is killed by his best friend, now he's back at high school age trying to make better decisions.

Last edited:
Has anyone here read Osamu Tezuka's manga MW? It's about a manipulative banker and a former-gangster-turned-priest who are trying to uncover the mystery behind a deadly gas leak caused by the government several years prior. It's quite interesting drama.

Reactions: iLoli
So I gave From the New World a shot.

I can't tell if it's bad writing or I just dislike it.

Like, every individual idea was okay.

But when brought all together, and like THAT, uggghhhh

Last edited:
I'll compare it to M3, or I guess compare M3 to this.
It has a decent concept, but shotty characterization (a lot of characters not even being around to grow didn't help) and meh storytelling ruined a decent concept.

Like, why am I supposed to care about Satoru, because he's the only person left to care for?
I would have loved to know about Reiko, but whoops to busy being dead to get anything.
We watched Mamoru grow, but that was kind of it.
And that was less growth and more of a rapid change.
Shun had potential to be an antithesis, to juxtapose the shiny world inside the barrier at day time to the rest of the world, but he was too busy being dead and then a spirit guide.
The whole mole people idea was fucking asinine.
Maria giving birth to the goddamn devil was pretty dumb as well.

That's what happens when you try kill 'em alls, especially when you do them too early.
Why even kill 2 of the 5 most important characters off screen? The fuck?
They were around to make demon baby and exited stage death?
Why did MC girl raise fucking demon babies when she clearly knows the terrible things it can do?
It wasn't paced very well so when characters changed viewpoints I was like "huh wut".
I read the LN's but the manga does a shit job of explaining the world, it's a horrible adaption that will have you wondering "why in god's name did this girl accept a dude's confession but start eating out some girl's vagina like 5 panels later?", don't recommend the manga to anyone.

If the characters were given any real development, hell, if some of the characters were given any real characterization, that would have been nice.
If the story was paced better, that would have saved it for me.

It had like 3 too many ideas going on at the same time and ended it up feeling a lot like FF7's shitty story with too many subplots.

Also this series holds the honor of having 2 of the most useless time skips I have ever seen utilized.

I will say that the writing behind 2 of the characters falling in love over time was actually pretty decent, it took it's time, there was no fucking time skip, even though one of the characters fell in love over the time skip and we have no reason why but whatever as a whole, the budding romance was decent.

Actually no, I recant that statement.

When your spirit guide has to tell you that you love someone and you can't even figure it out for yourself, that is not good romantic development. That is crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lemonade Grenade
Different post different topic.

Came home shampooed the carpet and started Joshi Kausei.

If you want super chill stress free light reading, you've found it.

Finally picked up Tokyo Ghoul anime, but why am I seeing a bunch of black screens like this constantly popping up for a supposedly violent work?

Censor felt atrocious that ruined the atmosphere for me. It's not even because I want to see blood/gore (Even though it's about eating people), but the way it was handled felt stupid. Better off waiting for the uncensored version and just reading the manga instead.

Censor felt atrocious that ruined the atmosphere for me. It's not even because I want to see blood/gore (Even though it's about eating people), but the way it was handled felt stupid. Better off waiting for the uncensored version and just reading the manga instead.
In Bakemonogatari TV all gore scenes (like monkey paw fight or shironeko fight) was hidden behind "black/red screen"s with sound. Basic TV censorship, you can't change it. Hope it will be fixed in BD (like it was for Bake).

I dunno, Akame Ga Kiru seems to be getting by just fine.

Instead of sleeping tonight, I spent the whole night and a big chunk of my day to read Nozoki Ana from start to finish.
tumblr_inline_mraa6kcNqj1qz4rgp.gif

How hard did you get ntr'ed?

@Ruin, Yeah I know about that, it's the reason why Log Horizon's anime is so PG.

But why would you pitch your anime to that kind of network?

Also, this is kind of unrelated, but kudos to Digimon guys for just being adults.

They're doing what Pokemon and other franchises should have done eons ago and just splitting their shit down the middle.

@Detective Q

"Here, this will be family friendly and for the mainstream audience, and for all you real niggas who like the quieter feel of the older games and the 3rd Digimon show, we'll give you Digimon Cyberslueth."

Which is giving off a pretty heavy Daganropa vibe, and I am okay with that.

Last edited:
How hard did you get ntr'ed?
Not that much acctually, the first girl the main guy was with was fishy. And the secound one was boring. The fun was between both mains, and you always knew they will be togheter near the end.

And if your really into the story, you will probably be very pissed off near the final chapter :P

Not that much acctually, the first girl the main guy was with was fishy. And the secound one was boring. The fun was between both mains, and you always knew they will be togheter near the end.

And if your really into the story, you will probably be very pissed off near the final chapter :P
Oh I finished it a while ago, to be fair I stopped pretty hard for a while at the ntr because that was legit rage inducing.

Though kudos to the mangaka for making me feel that.

Last edited:
Barakamon is like yotsuba anime adaptaion that never existed.

Just wanted to say, was watching Log Horizon and realized they really portrayed one person's background quickly and were able to show rather than tell
Regarding Tohya and Minori, they were quickly able to establish the whole "He's paralyzed in the real world" through two scenes; 1) Quickly showing her wheeling him in a wheelchair and 2) Tohya's immediate reaction of running around in the world. Maybe this is a small thing, but I just had to say it was effectively done.

Reactions: iLoli
so, I just finished the Oracion Seis arc in Fairy Tail.

that shit really hits you hard in the emotions at the end.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Anime or Manga, either way I still liked that arc, it was a good arc in Fairy Tail.

and it also introduces my favorite Fairy Tail Character.
20120702200308!Wendy_Anime_S2.png

Wendy Marvell

I don't think I have heard of that series, what is it about?

a boy who wants to be a girl and a girl who wants to be a boy
puberty
change
that kind of stuff
it handles transgenderism about 5000% better than most other japanese works, so it has that going for it
the art isn't that great, but the material laid out really well and the characters are pretty nuanced
I'd say to give it a read, if you're looking for a story like it

If the story is handled well than that's fine by me since this one could be bad if the story and topic involved was handled badly, so it's good to know they handle the premise well so I might give it a read at some point, along with the other things I need to get through.

Today I finished the Tengen Toppa anime series. Did I like it? I fucking loved it, heck yeah. Means a lot to someone who can't stand mecha animus
My fav chara has to be Leeron, of course. HE'S THE MAN

I think that Gurren Lagann is one of the best Anime I have ever seen and would recommend it to anyone who likes Anime, Glad you enjoyed it chicken.

Today I finished the Tengen Toppa anime series. Did I like it? I fucking loved it, heck yeah.
You don't know how happy it makes me that you like my favorite show.
I agree with you, I don't like mecha shows either.

Reactions: chickenwithtie