• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Annie...In Motion!

Haha yeah, sorry about that :P

The canvas size that I chose isn't necessary at all. It can probably be chopped down to about a 4th of the initial size and still be properly appropriated. I only chose that size because I like to work big if I can help it, and I wasn't having any trouble doing so on my computer so I never bother to downsize at any point. Also I had no idea what I was doing and just kinda did whatever :P Now I know better, as most official animations in SG are produced at a fairly standard base hd resolution.

Don't worry about it.. When I saw you posting your Fukua frames, I realized how small (compared with the inicial Anniemation) skullgirls frames really are, so that was my confirmation sign to half it's size.

And now that we are more experinced on doing this whole process.. It could even be done more efficiently!
But one thing is for certain, we need more people to join us, it's a bit overwhelming just to think about doing 1700 or so frames by this few people.

Don't worry about it.. When I saw you posting your Fukua frames, I realized how small (compared with the inicial Anniemation) skullgirls frames really are, so that was my confirmation sign to half it's size.

And now that we are more experinced on doing this whole process.. It could even be done more efficiently!
But one thing is for certain, we need more people to join us, it's a bit overwhelming just to think about doing 1700 or so frames by this few people.
Horay! I can't help at all due to my bad art Skills and low budget!

There needs to be a rival for dbb that's in love with another character and shoves it down our throats.

There needs to be a rival for dbb that's in love with another character and shoves it down our throats.

Heh.. He/she would probably get absorbed into the Annie hype in a matter of days.

Is anybody into Nintendo 64 Rom Hacking? I would love to see a rom hack of F-Zero X where all the Charicter textures are all Annie

Is anybody into Nintendo 64 Rom Hacking? I would love to see a rom hack of F-Zero X where all the Charicter textures are all Annie

I made a Dark Souls 2 Annie skin/build.. and let me tell you.. is not easy to do.

I made a Dark Souls 2 Annie skin/build.. and let me tell you.. is not easy to do.
Yeah I know, One of the n64 tools is a one of those command exe. And It uses fucking enter to exit so executing commands is impossible. I also tried doing a Mother 3 Vinesauce Rom hack but quit when I noticed that you cant change the diologe due to memory.

I kinda pictured Annie's voice being like Annie from League. Maybe it's just because of their names, but I think it'd make a funny reference if the same voice actress voiced both Annies. lol

Reactions: DDB
No, you really don't. Warnings from here on out.

EDIT: That goes for everyone too by the way. The art forum is generally a pretty loosely moderated section of the forum (I almost never actually do anything in here unless specifically asked) because of y'alls lovely artistic souls and what have you, but it gets pretty annoying when an entire thread just turns into idle prattle.

Last edited:
Here's my drawing of Annie

Attachments

• I drew an Annie.png
    I drew an Annie.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 381
even though I'm terrible at art, I'll make some concept art for Annie Moves like this one!

Attachments

• Annie Concept art.png
    Annie Concept art.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 401
I can't really tell what it's suppose to be, your drawing is a bit hard to see. can you just write out your ideas instead? I'm pretty sure the artist around here will be able to figure it out

I can't really tell what it's suppose to be, your drawing is a bit hard to see. can you just write out your ideas instead? I'm pretty sure the artist around here will be able to figure it out
This is a good response I was looking for. I wanted to type my ideals out but, I thought that some of them may sound confusing and I may have to draw it out. But since my drawing disabilities plus scrub class living, It would be a mess. But I will explain this. This is known as "Black Hole" and It's simular to one of Squiglies supers Except that it's way less powerful (well because it's a special and that's obvious, but it's only 3-hits). I also have another move called Shooting star witch is a standard weak projectile.

Speaking of Annie's voice... This has been my idea of her voice ever since I watched this video earlier this year...
I know she doesn't sound as young as she should but... It makes sense that after so many years her voice has become less acute, just trying to talk for about two hour strait does some serious changes to anyone's voice..

(I'm sure this conversation has taken place in the past somewhere in this forum already)

So it's yours? You did a very good job! It's my favourite fanvoice of all. I think it really fits her, while being a young girl she's still an expert warrior. It gives an ironic and badass feel.

So it's yours? You did a very good job! It's my favourite fanvoice of all. I think it really fits her, while being a young girl she's still an expert warrior. It gives an ironic and badass feel.
That's @Night Phyre's wife.

I didn't do the video, lol.. I couldn't do voice acting for anything in my life.

The second point you make, yes it's absolutely what that voice comunicates... BADASSERY.

Speaking of Annie's voice... This has been my idea of her voice ever since I watched this video earlier this year... I know she doesn't sound as young as she should but... It makes sense that after so many years her voice has become less acute, just trying to talk for about two hour strait does some serious changes to anyone's voice..
(I'm sure this conversation has taken place in the past somewhere in this forum already)
That's @Night Phyre's wife.
I'm glad you guys like it, and as @CaioLugon said, that's my wife's voice. I gave her direction to characterize Annie as, "no-nonsense," and, "battle hardened," as I thought that's what she would sound like after years of battling the Trinity. At least in my mind, she's more Batman than Sailor Moon.

I'm glad you guys like it, and as @CaioLugon said, that's my wife's voice. I gave her direction to characterize Annie as, "no-nonsense," and, "battle hardened," as I thought that's what she would sound like after years of battling the Trinity. At least in my mind, she's more Batman than Sailor Moon.
Yup, that there is sure one hell of a voice actor

Sailor moon on set, Batman ELSEWHERE!

She trully understands what Annie should sound like.

Reactions: Kai
Sailor moon on set, Batman ELSEWHERE!

She trully understands what Annie should sound like.
I find her to be more Kenshiro and to me Kenshiro is much more suited to Annie than Batman. It would be like comparing a guy who punches nazi's because they pissed on his lawn (who is Batman *if you didn't get what I'm saying*) to a guy who punches Nazi's to oblivion because they hate Jews (Wich is Kenshiro).

everyone knows kenshiro only punches nazis if they spit directly onto his face.
anything else is just not a punishable offense.

everyone knows kenshiro only punches nazis if they spit directly onto his face.
anything else is just not a punishable offense.
Batman would whine after he punched a few nazi officers

Quick update:

I did some adjustments to the shading layers and started working on the lighting layer.. starting with the sword and hair, I'm going away for vacation for about a week so this is my last post of the week.

4NGG0vz.gif

Quick update:

I did some adjustments to the shading layers and started working on the lighting layer.. starting with the sword and hair, I'm going away for vacation for about a week so this is my last post of the week.

4NGG0vz.gif
Don't worry, This contrabution was the best thing to ever hit us.

I love it, and I'm sure everyone else will too when they see it.

I love it, and I'm sure everyone else will too when they see it.
So we finnaly got one out of whatever of her Anniemations done. Now we have to do walk cycles and those fancy smancy recovery frams or whatever you call them beore we can go on with the attacks!

no no, we can't rush perfection.

Once again, lookin' great @Karlaaldana

While you're out on vacation I'll make sure to write back with a proper critique. Everything is coming together really well and I'm glad to see you making progress on this! I hope you enjoy your vacation :D

Reactions: Karlaaldana
Once again, lookin' great @Karlaaldana

While you're out on vacation I'll make sure to write back with a proper critique. Everything is coming together really well and I'm glad to see you making progress on this! I hope you enjoy your vacation :D

Thank you for the support, I'm sure your critique will only help to make the best content possible.. as soon as I'm back I'll get back to work.

Soon, the Anniemation shall go back into full-force.

Reactions: Karlaaldana
I just went back from vacation!
Project ANNIEHILATION is operational again... after taking a very long nap, I'm extremely tired.

Reactions: Skullmageddon