• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Annie...In Motion!

Hey @DDB what will you do when annie comes out in ten years. What then?

I shall rest.
Answer is not "play the shit out of her". Who are you and what did you do to DDB.

If she were to do victory poses, I recommend these references:
LWRynFF.gif

Clouds victory pose from FF7

rg600_05.png

Ragna Win pose (Where Annie lifts her sword and slashes it by her side) Also plz make a Ragna Color pallette
F9o6Ldz.gif

And finally, a win pose referencing Ikes Taunt/Win pose where she stabs the sword in the ground and crosses her arms (also, her ponytails would float in the air like with Ikes headband)

Answer is not "play the shit out of her". Who are you and what did you do to DDB.
It's a metaphorical rest, very technical.

Hey @DDB what will you do when annie comes out in ten years. What then?
I shall rest.
Actually, I was thinking about getting a group of coders together on Skullheart to MAKE Annie for L0, then force feed it to them. Fully animated Annie, stage, theme, and moveset (possibly actress, but less likely). Anyone interested? If we get it put together for free and don't act like with Juju, it could work!

Actually, I was thinking about getting a group of coders together on Skullheart to MAKE Annie for L0, then force feed it to them. Fully animated Annie, stage, theme, and moveset (possibly actress, but less likely). Anyone interested? If we get it put together for free and don't act like with Juju, it could work!
Not gonna happen. You can't just make a character. What if it's not how lab zero wanted her to be.

Not gonna happen. You can't just make a character. What if it's not how lab zero wanted her to be.
Let's do it right: study L0's notes, chat with mike and alex, and get someinfo on how they would do it. And get a Guilty gear player in here, because I never played it.

Dude. One: Lab Zero can not take in Fan made material. there is such a thing called, you know "laws" and they have to follow them. (basically they would have to pay us to do that, and Mike Z is like "NO WAY" to that.)

Also this is a fan hobby time sink, something that Skull, DDB, and Karlaaldana all like to do. I've been meaning to make something this thread too. hopefully I'll find the time to do so. It would be fun for me.

Dude. One: Lab Zero can not take in Fan made material. there is such a thing called, you know "laws" and they have to follow them. (basically they would have to pay us to do that, and Mike Z is like "NO WAY" to that.)

Also this is a fan hobby time sink, something that Skull, DDB, and Karlaaldana all like to do. I've been meaning to make something this thread too. hopefully I'll find the time to do so. It would be fun for me.
I know about the Juju nightmare, but if we all sign something, we're good, right?

No. we're not. also the Juju thing is a little different than what you're trying to purpose here.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
@Skullgirlfanboy
No. Even for fanwork and basically nothing in return this little project continues to work hard and continue is simply awesome and the talents of these people to even do this just amazes me. Keep up the great work.

Wait just a minute here now! This isn't a REAL party without DIP! And me I suppose!

Hello, I am here, I'm not entirely sure what your request is. Is it to make an 3D model of Annie or 2D Character Sheet.

Yeah.. basically is that. I need a 2d character sheet of Annie, that would seriously help with the process of making a 3d model that when fully rigged and textured would serve a guide to translate the 3d motions into a 2d plane.. helping us making better looking 2d frames of animation.
your help would be greatly appreciated!
I used this character sheet to make that parasoul mesh:
Parasoul_Model_Sheet.jpg

(Having a frontal view seriously would have helped a lot more than the slight frontal view though)

I'm hurt Karla, don't you know that I'm a great artist based on that last picture.

Reactions: Karlaaldana
I'm hurt Karla, don't you know that I'm a great artist based on that last picture.
I know you are.. I will definetly use it to model dem panties.

Alright I can do that

I look forward to this.. Thank you so much for helping us!

Yeah.. basically is that. I need a 2d character sheet of Annie, that would seriously help with the process of making a 3d model that when fully rigged and textured would serve a guide to translate the 3d motions into a 2d plane.. helping us making better looking 2d frames of animation.
your help would be greatly appreciated!
I used this character sheet to make that parasoul mesh:
Parasoul_Model_Sheet.jpg

(Having a frontal view seriously would have helped a lot more than the slight frontal view though)
If you still need a parasoul frontal view sorta...
3c6300a553f52c91ef3fc5cdfad0f871.jpg

Is there anything us others can do to help y'all?

Last edited:
@OptimalZ16 Yeah.. I'm currently using that image as my frontal reference.
@CapnWTF It's not finished yet, I'm still figuring the ideal way to texture the mesh and I'm still cleaning up the topology quite frequenly, specially the hands.
this is my current progress with basic textures..
preview_3_by_karlaaldana-d7zw925.png

Just a little update with more complex texturing.. I'm amazed on how much improvement the face adds to this kind of low poly models... I can't wait to model Annie!
lsTLWm2.png

Frontal:
siOSmiA.png

Thread is now Parasoul thread...I aint't mad.

Thread is now Parasoul thread...I aint't mad.
Until Yargin provides us with the Annie character sheet... For now Parasoul shall keep this thread moving.

Last edited:
Isint this a frontal view of her? I can jazz it up and add a back and side view
image.jpg

Mysterygamer3k already did some polished-up lineart of Annie's front view. It's on the first post.

I'm also of the opinion that Annie's backside is rather simple (edit: actually I just wanted to make an Annie's backside joke).

Mysterygamer3k already did some polished-up lineart of Annie's front view. It's on the first post.

I'm also of the opinion that Annie's backside is rather simple (edit: actually I just wanted to make an Annie's backside joke).
Mystery gamer ?

I know how Annie looks... The problem comes when trying to make an exact 3d model of her, if I don't have a frontal, side and slightly rotated view I can't make a precise model.
The point of this model is that we can use it to pose it or even animate it so we can trace motions into a 2d plane.. thus making our animation job a little bit easier.

Mystery gamer ?

Mkay, I'll give it a little bit to look over everything and make sure I'm happy with it before I give you the word but I'll send you a message to let you know once I've completely finished making any revisions. :D

EDIT: I was going to see what people might think of these little revisions I did, taking in the misalignment issue that was mentioned with her braids I tried to even them up a little bit and clean them up a little more from the IGG image. I haven't saved these changes as permanent yet just in case they weren't well received and if people would prefer the previous revision to be the final, then I'll just go with that instead.

View attachment 2626

Dug through the thread again just for you.

I'm trying some shading options when texturing the model...
When I do Annie I'm going to stick to the shadeless version witha black outline, but for now I'm still experimenting..
Anyone has a better suggestion or tip on how to get skullgirls style shading?

(Note that this is not even close to being finished this is just a layer of shadow)
reference_1_by_karlaaldana-d80uyae.png

reference_2_by_karlaaldana-d80uya4.png

Here is Japanese article on how Arc did Guilty Gear Xrd:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/216/G021678/20140703095/

Translated Forum post on Polycouny Forums:
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2099538&postcount=229

I've written a shader similar to this in UDK and UE4 but i don't know GLSL for Blender sadly. However you can mimic their outline trick by duplicated the mesh, expand vertex along normals then flip the face normals(works in most 3d programs).

P.S.

The Annie sheet is almost done, should be done later today

7 Days late but I am going to say it anyways: This is far from correct, L0 could take Fan material and put it ingame if the creators would aggree by contract to not get any money and transfer the whole "ownership" to L0. Unknown Worlds does it all the time with Natural Selection 2, in fact the whole game is now mostly run by the community.

Here is Japanese article on how Arc did Guilty Gear Xrd:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/216/G021678/20140703095/

Translated Forum post on Polycouny Forums:
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2099538&postcount=229

I've written a shader similar to this in UDK and UE4 but i don't know GLSL for Blender sadly. However you can mimic their outline trick by duplicated the mesh, expand vertex along normals then flip the face normals(works in most 3d programs).

P.S.

The Annie sheet is almost done, should be done later today

Whoa! I will definetly give it a read.. unfortunately for me to do those kind of complex shaders let alone work in other software that is not blender would be extremely difficult to me..
For now these models are just going to be used as reference to make the animation process of a bit easier on us, so it doesn't have to look pitch perfect on the shaders end.
nonetheless.. this is of much help!

Edit: Yes, the black outline is going to be part of the final version of the model.. I'm still tweeking some areas so I haven't added them.

what the fuckity fuck?
there's THINGS for THOSE!? what? I've been looking for years for this bullshit and couldn't find anything on custom shaders n'shit...and it just...appears? here of all places?

I mean...uh...good job you guys! It's really nice to see the community giving their all on something *ach cough Karla give me de muddle phlegm agh*

It's not finished yet.. not even the final uv mapping has been done.
when it's ready I will put a download link with the model.