• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Annie of the Stars fangame

Quote from Cave Story, didn't turn out as good as expected. Sagan is based on King.
4VFSl.png

Now i promise i won't do any more until someone else does
i will

Excellent palettes, Agent J!

Were you already planning on doing that little twinkle at the end or did you take my advice from earlier? If it was the former then good call, it really adds that extra feeling of success. If it was the latter then I am tickled at the thought that I even had a tiny bit of input, thank you either way.

I took your advice on the twinkle, since I thought the winpose needed more spice added to it.

Here are two more palettes that I didnt get to post
tumblr_muy6nslLUJ1rwxvn2o1_400.png

Excellent palettes, Agent J!

I took your advice on the twinkle, since I thought the winpose needed more spice added to it.

Here are two more palettes that I didnt get to post
tumblr_muy6nslLUJ1rwxvn2o1_400.png
Kill la Kill right?

Robin from The Iconoclast. Sagan is her Pirate companion Mina
4WbWR.png

Reactions: Immaevilspacewhale
Aight, made two more
Magik from the X-Men. Sagan is based on her brother, Colossus
4Wfjv.png

Arche from Fortune Summoners. Sagan is based on a flying rabbit thing they find early in the game
4WeSm.png

I think i have a problem

Last edited:
Reactions: Immaevilspacewhale
Because FUCK swords, I GOT LEGS AND ARMS AND OTHER NOT SHARP THINGS!
"Hand to hand! It is the basis of all combat! Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon!"

Reactions: Rance and Tiltyu
-cue sagan with a single tear rolling down his face-
Would that be out of his mouth then?

So really, would it be a tear or drool?

These are the hard hitting questions, folks.
as the guy voicing Sagan and therefore his representative, I can assure you, it would not be a tear from the eye in his mouth.

My quote up there was also a subliminal request for Gray Fox, in case no one noticed....

The fact that no one noticed my Metal Gear quote saddens me...

Did anybody order some enemy concepts?
W0OKvik.jpg

holy crap I can't draw
I like the bottom left one. Reminds me of those dragon skulls in Castelvania that i hate so much

Reactions: Goodbye18000
Yep, enemy concepts.

UaBJ6IM.png

Uuuh, i don't see that plant dropping bones. Just saying.

Uuuh, i don't see that plant dropping bones. Just saying.
I don't think the currency in the Canopy Kingdom are literal bones. Bones is just an expression for money that Alex Ahad decided to use for Skullgirls official currency. Like Cheddar or Clams.

Speaking of which what is the setting of this game? Is Annie going through all the same places as the stages in Skullgirls or is she going on her own cosmic adventure through the stars?

I don't think the currency in the Canopy Kingdom are literal bones. Bones is just an expression for money that Alex Ahad decided to use for Skullgirls official currency. Like Cheddar or Clams.

Speaking of which what is the setting of this game? Is Annie going through all the same places as the stages in Skullgirls or is she going on her own cosmic adventure through the stars?
WE AINT TELLIN' SHIT!

Reactions: Denizen
well, i though that because the icon that replaces the Screws from megaman is a cross made of bones
working in another palette

I think bones is an okay placeholder.

We know they are called "Bones", yeah, but we don't know if they're coins or what.

The only example we know of Bones is on Ms. Fortune's poster
sgmovie-msfortune-zoom.jpg

Edit: Of course we could just do the Animal Crossing approach of not seeing the money but instead just having moneybags with the symbol on it. That would solve everything.

Last edited:
Nah, bones are cool.

there are plenty of countries where the currency has a weird name.

In brazil it's Real (Real menas Real. getting Real is hard with that one)

In UK there are the pounds (heavy in your pockets)

The bolivian is boliviano (it literally means "bolivian". no hidden meaning on that one)

Cabo verde use escudos (literally "shield")

Loads of spainish-colonized countries uses "peso" (it means "weight" in portuguese and i'm almost sure that in spainish too)

So, bones are cool. could be the plural of "bon" or "boni" if you want a more serious name. Things like dtat can get different singular/plural rules since they're names.

Majority of the enemies are skeletons (both Medicis and gross demonic ones), so Bones will stay as the currency.

Medici Tower, Class Notes, Lab 0, etc

My quote up there was also a subliminal request for Gray Fox, in case no one noticed....

The fact that no one noticed my Metal Gear quote saddens me...
is it okay i did it without the mask?
4XosJ.png

I tried making a palette, but failed. Damn lol
did you have any problems?

what were you trying to do?

is it okay i did it without the mask?
4XosJ.png
The fact that you actually did it is more than enough for me, thanks!

Annie: "I've come from another world to do battle with you, Marie."