• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Ask Ravidrath...!

Konami actually responded? I guess that is great news for XBLA players

Just writing here to tell that my copy of SG Encore is working. I live in Estonia (No PSN in Baltic countries whatsoever) and I use an Irish account. Online mode is empty though. (((

Konami actually responded? I guess that is great news for XBLA players

They ignored us for a week.

Then Autumn's lawyer drafted a letter informing them they were in breach of contract by impeding the smooth transition of the game.

Then Konami was very quick to get us what we needed to move ahead with MS Japan.

I don't think we'll need to talk to Konami again, but if we do I'm just going to encourage Autumn to send the letter as the starting step.

I have no idea why they would want to ignore you guys, anyways will you guys have smooth sailing from here on out regarding XBLA version?

I've managed to download Skullgirls Encore just fine (hooray!), but Squigly appears to be unavaliable: Skullgirls Encore doesn't appear on the NZ PSN Store, let alone the Squigly DLC. I was wondering if she's been released there yet or if there is another way to download her - I've decided not to play Encore yet until Squigly has been downloaded.

I've managed to download Skullgirls Encore just fine (hooray!), but Squigly appears to be unavaliable: Skullgirls Encore doesn't appear on the NZ PSN Store, let alone the Squigly DLC. I was wondering if she's been released there yet or if there is another way to download her - I've decided not to play Encore yet until Squigly has been downloaded.
I think she's just locked until the official release on Wednesday. It's the same thing with DLC colours and Extras like Marie 300% fight.

If I understood correctly, Sony just dun goofed and released the entitlements earlier so people who have vanilla SG can get Encore.
Encore itself, and by extension Squigly and the color pack, will only be on the store next week.

EDIT: as Vladislav_Paizis pointed out.
Squigly's slot in the character select is colorless and while choosing palettes, the numbers skip from the Unlockable palettes to the Gift/Backer ones.

And now that you mentioned Marie 300%, I didn't see if we got the Gallery or not...
Nevermind, I think that comes with the Big Build.

wow i wasnt expecting that fast a turnaround to hear back from konami.

i figured they would keep us waiting for a while for an answer, and then it would come back as a no anyway.

hopefully after this things can go smoothly for a change.

Oh, Ravidrath is back. I have the same question regarding that deal with ASW (SG themed palettes for the Xrd characters): is that still a thing?

Oh, Ravidrath is back. I have the same question regarding that deal with ASW (SG themed palettes for the Xrd characters): is that still a thing?
I honestly thought that was just a joke.

Most likely yes, but I want to get a confirmation directly from Ravi (so I can sleep peacefully at night).

So, an update on the missing countries for tomorrow's EU PSN relaunch - they're not happening yet.

SCEE didn't give us enough time to update the metadata, and won't accept Google Translate strings even as a stopgap measure. So we've just sent everything off to be professionally localized, and will get it in there as soon as we can.

With the localization time and store prep time, my gut tells me it's not going to be available in those countries for another two weeks. But we'll work as quickly as we can.

Most likely yes, but I want to get a confirmation directly from Ravi (so I can sleep peacefully at night).

It's something we were going to propose, but we haven't contacted them about it yet. I'll see if we can follow up on this soon.

Reactions: RetroStation
So it seems Sony's dun' goofed again...
Squigly & the colour pack are on the NZ PSN store - but not for free. Is there any way to fix this?

Hey, Ravi, I pointed this out in the article, but since you're around, I figured I could ask you.

Why is the EU version more expensive than the NA version?

Do you love me Peter?

Real question tho: Do you plan on taking skullgirls to any other genres of games? It seems like it could be a pretty cool rpg.

Games being more expensive here (continental Europe) is a pretty common thing. I don't know who makes the call on pricing but most treat €60 as if it were $60. Only a select few adjust the price (SEGA is a good example; as much as I rag on them, they do have that consideration).
I think it's a fair trade for getting things from anywhere between 2 months to a whole year later. >_>

Anyway, hope Sony of Europe have the decency to resolve this quickly.

So it seems Sony's dun' goofed again...
Squigly & the colour pack are on the NZ PSN store - but not for free. Is there any way to fix this?

Same here. I live in South Africa, and Skullgirls Encore as well as the DLC went live on PSN STORE on the 19th of March. Unfortunately the DLC is not free at all, even though in the description it says it's supposed to be free for a limited time.

Anyway, I just have to say this, KONAMI sound like a bunch of jerks. It's a wonder they ever get anything done in that company.

I confirm this. Squigly and Color Pack are available free of charge.

Side note, surprised to see stages were also unlocked.

If you buy the color-pack DLC, everything except for the art gallery is unlocked, Double/Val story mode, unlockable colors, stages, etc.

If you buy the color-pack DLC, everything except for the art gallery is unlocked, Double/Val story mode, unlockable colors, stages, etc.

Wait, Art Gallery is now on consoles?

How does testing patches work while the game is being changed in the beta often? I would think the testers would have to start all over even if the small change was made just to make sure nothing else was screwed up.

Wait, Art Gallery is now on consoles?
No, but that's the precedent set with the PC version, and presumably how it'll be with the Big Build, which will apparently include art galleries for consoles.

How does testing patches work while the game is being changed in the beta often? I would think the testers would have to start all over even if the small change was made just to make sure nothing else was screwed up.
If I understand correctly, beta changes aren't going to be implemented into the real game outside of major (i.e. new character) patches.

The DLCs now are free in Spain too, but the intro for the bonus -Marie 300%- about Marie and Squigly is in English text.

In everything else no problem, the full Squigly history have a good translation.

Thanks for all your hard work. Now i can´t wait for Big Band.

If I may ask how long will the dlc and stuff remain free in European areas for I am still unable to access PSN from where I currently am, I will however be able to access PSN in roughly two weeks.

The free periods will last as long as they did originally: Color Pack for 1 month, Squigly for 3 months.

for the backers, is there an ETA for when we may be able to download the finished under the bridge song?

for the backers, is there an ETA for when we may be able to download the finished under the bridge song?

This, it's too good for it not to be in my playlist.

We'll update the OST on everyone's Humble Bundle pages around the time Big Band hits the first console.

The DLCs now are free in Spain too, but the intro for the bonus -Marie 300%- about Marie and Squigly is in English text.

In everything else no problem, the full Squigly history have a good translation.

Thanks for all your hard work. Now i can´t wait for Big Band.

We've since localized Marie 300%, and that will be in the Big Band update.

No, but that's the precedent set with the PC version, and presumably how it'll be with the Big Build, which will apparently include art galleries for consoles.

Based on feedback from the stream, Art Gallery won't be released until the final patch, most likely.

The Gallery adds about 2 gigs of data to the game, and there's no way for us to update it with new stuff without making you re-download the original 2 gigs with every art update. And it's not possible to make it a seperate DLC either and update it.

So rather than making you download all that redundant data every time, we're just going to save it until the end now.

So when's the voice pack ?

I'm guessing those are landing in the final patch.

The tech is done, but we still need to record a lot of the lines, etc.

I'm sure there'll be an announcement as soon as they know themselves.

Reactions: Wenzel and agent13
The art gallery is all free to view art, I'm surprised someone hasn't bothered to just compile an imgur album of them or something.

The art gallery is all free to view art, I'm surprised someone hasn't bothered to just compile an imgur album of them or something.
They probably have; you just haven't looked hard enough.

BlazBlue ChronoPhantasm just came out today. What do guys think of that? In particular, I'm wondering what you're thinking about the on-disk DLC and the rumors that the NA version has an online pass.

Edit: Apparently Sony just uses bad wording on their DLC vouchers.

Last edited: