• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Attack On Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin

Attack On Titan

• Total voters
honestly, i don't think it's the most unrealistic thing to be the slightest bit hesitant in trying to combat the monstrous forces that wipe out any attempts at colonizing outside the walls and rarely leave anything behind that isn't a mangled corpse
just sliiiiiiiiightly

plus when you got stuff like Keith shouting from the rooftops about how that one dude's courageous death meant nothing
hard to be positive about your sitch

You're right it's not unrealistic, I'm not disagreeing with you at all. AoT does a great job at revealing the true nature of most human beings. I know that it's expecting too much for everyone to be as tough as the Survey Corps, I'm just imagining what it would be like if everyone was.

I mean could you imagine a Survey Corps army of over 50,000 active soldiers? 50,000 people with a single purpose, to destroy their enemy and be free? I know it's impossible but damn would it be amazing.

Look I know AoT is shounen but that seems a little much

I repeat, I'm not expecting this at all, it's just an ideal.

i just read all of the manga and wow it's really good, does it update monthly?

587.gif

this is pretty funny if you ask me.
tumblr_n6r27s2hxC1r8lmp3o1_500.png

Last edited:
I love everything about the English Dub except for the voice of Titan Eren.
In Japanese it was more human, monstrously human. More intimidating.

I love everything about the dub except for the adaptive script. It's way too wanky wanky word word if y'know what I mean.

I'm actually okay with it, Mikasa's "You're All Weak" speech carried a lot more power in English.

It works very well with characters like Hanji and Jean. I can see them throwing out sarcastic metaphors and whatnot because that's just apart of their character. Everyone else? It just doesn't work, but hey, the dub is still amazing and gets way too much flack.

Reactions: Denizen
I like the designs for the titans because they look fucking gross and creepy and the premise is pretty cool but overall the show feels a little mediocre.

SOOOO... PRETTY BIG WAMMY CHAPTER. One of the biggest secrets finally revealed. Eren ate Grisha.

I'm definitely buying a Survey Corps Hoodie.
Fuck the Bitch Brigade and the Wall Huggers, Wings of Freedom for life.

Last edited:
I always imagined the Garrison would be the most boring and least fulfilling of the three factions. If I got into the top 10 of my class, I wouldn't squander the opportunity, I'd join the MP's, even if they are all pieces of shit. But if I didn't, I'd bet it all for humanity. WINGS A' FREEDOM.

If I got into the top 10 of my class, I wouldn't squander the opportunity, I'd join the MP's, even if they are all pieces of shit..
Wait really? Dude that's... disappointing.

Hey, Titans are scary. And being eaten is even scarier.
Titans aren't scary, being eaten isn't scary.
High school girls pointing at me and going 'Ewww' while laughing, now that's scary.

I dunno about that.

last I checked, I can walk away after getting my heart broken.

:/ havent seen too many people walk off the former.

What about being a simple farmer. Simple farm life. I'm game for that. I'm game for being fodder.

I was referencing an interview with Hajime Isayama in which he said that the Titans aren't scary and that the scariest things in the world are mean middle school girls. It's pretty interesting, the guy has a good sense of humor.
http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/06/14/attack-on-titan-creator-hajime-isayama-interview/

For real though I'm not afraid of those things, even if they were real.
Even if I were number one in my class I would still join the Survey Corps, anything else is just weak.

I've played enough Harvest Moon to know it can actually be very rewarding.

all you need is a blue feather and you're good.

Reactions: BeatNinja
I was referencing an interview with Hajime Isayama in which he said that the Titans aren't scary and that the scariest things in the world are mean middle school girls. It's pretty interesting, the guy has a good sense of humor.
http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/06/14/attack-on-titan-creator-hajime-isayama-interview/

For real though I'm not afraid of those things, even if they were real.
Even if I were number one in my class I would still join the Survey Corps, anything else is just weak.
If they were real I'd be sitting back sipping coffee while they're dealt with effectively by modern technology.

Ladies and gentleman, I'm bumping this thread two years later for some important news.

They did it.

They reached the basement.

One of the great shounen mysteries of our time is out in the open now.

Reactions: erkicman
I want there to be fucking nothing but a note saying to go even further to get answers.
make extra crispy Armin for nothing.