• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Baby Got Boots: Parasoul Combo Thread

Corner combo with LNL assist:

Edit: Optimized a little further

Last edited:

Assist combo with the invincible chair, more practical.

Easy to pull off, does more damage meterless, tear jump. Probably not as pretty as @gllt 's.

Pls give me and gllt beowulf's sweaty ass. and im your big gay buff fox cheerleader gllt afk

@WingZero Made pretty tech and I made pretty combos. This is fun to use.

After infecting the Peacock combo thread with a very dumb combo. I have arrived here to spread the infection.
A rather weird combo, but I guess it's okay to catch the enemy off guard with it. Other than that, you could use it to finish off someone with style, I guess.
Damage: 6.4k (6.1k for Biggu Bando)

Also, 7k damage combos are overrated.

After infecting the Peacock combo thread with a very dumb combo. I have arrived here to spread the infection.
A rather weird combo, but I guess it's okay to catch the enemy off guard with it. Other than that, you could use it to finish off someone with style, I guess.
Damage: 6.4k (6.1k for Biggu Bando)

Also, 7k damage combos are overrated.
You can add more damage to the ender with pillar.

I don't see this being helpful aside from comboing with this on anyone else but BB and Double. everyone but BB can duck j.MK by crouch blocking I believe so like no.

Thats why he said it was a weird/fun combo that you probably should never use???

jMK-jHP starter is your default punish option after Burstbaits, blocking DP etc since raw jHP doesn't work and cHP is bleh
But yeah then CH should have been on (and in general the combo isn't very optimized yada yada)

Eliza gets hit by rising jMK fwiw, so it's a useful mixup option there

this is a corner bnb i came up with because i couldn't do the weird f.HP into light napalm shot thing (you know what i'm talking about). you can probably do more damage using different normals, especially for the heavy version.

Reactions: gllt and LuxadeSwag
Okay, so here's a universal corner combo with Lock 'n Load. It's the most damaging I can find. Whether or not it's the most damaging corner combo with LnL, I don't know, but it's easy as hell for 8,465 damage(11K in the video because it's 3v3), so it's pretty nice.

[/spoile

Last edited:
Reactions: gllt
I learned how to do napalm shots so...
Nice!

Just a tip: after 4HK try and do Egret Call and dash into 5MK to pick them up before they hit the floor.
If you use 2MK you lose your OTG.

That means in the air string (JMP JHP JHK) on heavy characters will drop because the jHP will OTG and let them tech out of the combo.

Also if you were to do that combo off a JLP JHP (OTG) pick up or something similar the 2MK would also drop.

Nice!

Just a tip
Yeah i saw all those fancy Egret Call combos and i'll pick them up slowly... i'm exploring the charater and i don't want to copy&paste other's combo yet :D

Maybe? I mean, I've done stuff like that, but I don't use the sHK starter even if it's cool/good damage/not as hard as fHP. I REALLY love Para/HBypass synergy, easily one of my top 3 favorite things in the game. You can call it with sHK, between sHP hits, with tear shots from many ranges, Quake, and a tear detonation in some situations.

It's a great combo extender for her because of it letting you confirm hits from a long range without having to sacrifice your egret or do a fancy tear toss/tear shot dash link and waste a medium/light respectively, all of which are situational too. Bypass just reaches and throws them back at you, does a nice hunk of damage too, and it sets up some resets and very fancy combos.

It's also neat on block, as it pushes them far away and you can protect it pretty well by using your tears and sometimes meter if things did get bad (but usually they stay pretty good for me.)

So, nice combo! It's cool, don't feel bad if 'someone else did it first' and also obviously this is more optimal than the stuff I actually do in matches with it, so props for that too.

I just recently just pick up Parasoul seriously because I thought she looked fun to play as
(She is =) and made a little something to help get down all the combos I can do with her so far. I'm kinda use to the egret call cancel since I main Squigly but, I'm still kinda new to the tear mechanics.
(I get how to detente them but, I'm not so keen when it comes to placement :P)

The video in question:

Though I'm not going to mainly play her solo and would most likey have Squigly and/or Fukua for back-up. Any tips on getting the hang of her playstyle and advance tear placement would be greatly appropriated! n_n

It's not meant to show that specifically, that is just a proof of concept (hell this is actually not that great an example for reasons you said; then again if I have BB/H Pinion I get a combo off of that), but just that this exists and actually blows up a lot of Parasoul's burst baits of this nature (I was trying to find ways to punish this exact setup with Filia dash AC into a s.HP but couldn't find the timing). Other assists and team combinations might have other stuff they can possibly do and this concept of using burst AC to punish burst baits in general is underexplored.

But this isn't "how to punish burst baits" so I apologise for being off topic.

Reactions: ShadeMoneh and gllt
"Punishing Burst Baits with AC" is a nice concept to think about but there isn't and probably will never be a definitive answer because A. It's extremely dependent on the burst bait since while a lot of easy burst baits are unsafe on AC, there are also a bunch of ones that actually are safe from nearly every AC option. And B, it's heavily dependent on individual character AC options. Big Band and Bella have some of if not already the best AC options, but characters like Robo and Parasoul don't have a lot unless they commit to level 3 (aka using 4 bars). So trying to show off getting out of 1 scenario with 1 particular team (or any give team, since there are too many options in this game) doesn't do anyone a lot of good since its not like we don't use that option already.

ON TOPIC, I never really considered following up after that burst bait with jMK like that, for some reason I thought it was finicky on light/small characters? Hopefully it works fine.

Reactions: ShadeMoneh and gllt
Yeah in terms of midscreen burst baits I try to go for dash over C.HP and get like 7.9 to 8k or something off that jaunt. I stay whiffing the fucking J.MK or messing it up.

Reactions: fenster
ok i really like jHP Toss jdMK jLP(det) jHP that's pretty swag STOLENNN

You should start your combos with a light instead of a heavy, like every other people combos, so that the value you give for damage is less biased and easier to compare with others

You should start your combos with a light instead of a heavy, like every other people combos, so that the value you give for damage is less biased and easier to compare with others

this is true, however I think that combo requires at least an MCH to be done because its longer than the standard combo, and that is likely the reason for the heavy starter.

It's not too unrealistic that you'd get a HCH starter on BB either, punishing SSJ for example

FWIW, I've been working on combo routes on all counterhit levels just to see what can happen. I get plenty of stray c.mk counterhits, so it's somewhat worthwhile.

IMO if you can't be assed or find it hard to go into a couter hit route on reaction, like from scoring a counterhit cMK for example, it's worth learning small extensions that you can fit into a a combo to eek out extra damage without having to go into some pre-planned CH route. When I get CHs with Double, with whom this is relatively easy, tbh, I can just squeeze in an extra string by improvising.

Para is flexible but perhaps not as much as Double, but I think it's worth keeping the idea in mind.

Also, I see CHs as bonus undizzy cause they are. Meaning, it changes your reset point and the benefit of resetting because you will have more undizzy to work with. Doing a tight reset that doesn't give a chance for undizzy to drain but is much harder to block/deal with is now much more ok because you had extra undizzy to work with to begin with. IMO, resetting from a CH is not a terrible idea at all, you get more mileage out of CH into reset just like you get more mileage in terms of doing a full damage CH combo. If the CH full damage combo would kill, then do that shit. But if it's not going to, realize that with the extra undizzy, if you go for a loose reset, you can possibly kill in less hits, and if you go for a tight one, you're not fucking yourself on undizzy.

Oh, and CH bonuses stack, not that it's likely you will get 3 CHs in a row back to back, but if you did, the bonus undizzy DOES add up, at least it does in training mode. Lux showed that off once and everyone sort of explained what it was but didn't really get the POINT of why he was showing it off and then thread got locked. Good job everyone.

Also, I'm not saying 'if you get a CH don't bother learning a full damage CH route just improv some shit or reset' because burst punishes are guaranteed CHs that you have PLENTY of time to decide you're ready to do a CH route from. Same for punishes on mashed SSJ, hence the above videos.

Sup dudes. I made this combo a little bit ago but JUST got it recorded. The quality goes to shit really fast but make sure to watch it in hd. (also pause on the first napalm pillar for quality lols)

~7.5k with napalm pillar -> SS
~7.6k with m shot -> SS -> 2hk

This combo also COMPLETELY works midscreen if you do 2lk 5mk 5hp(x2) -> pillar (and call eliza the same input you pillar). you just have to make sure light characters restand after the air string, or (midscreen) the 6hp will whiff. The midscreen ender into the sniper shot will have to be either M shot or Quake.