• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Baby Got Boots: Parasoul Combo Thread

Stolen. And I was just looking for a corner combo too

That's not actually that good a corner combo. 7k damage with 2 meters and not great reset opportunities isn't the best

That's not actually that good a corner combo. 7k damage with 2 meters and not great reset opportunities isn't the best
Yeah, I was going to modify it a bit. 2 meters is way too much to spend on a 7k combo. My problem is I have a hard time making high damaging / stylish corner combos. My midscreen are OK but the corner ones are pretty meh.

Speaking of which, is 6.6-7k good for 1 meter midscreen?

for parasoul? yeah

She's not a damage monster, she's all about the reset and mixups.

Reactions: Uzumakihero
for parasoul? yeah

She's not a damage monster, she's all about the reset and mixups.
Ah OK, sweet. Yeah, both combos have good reset potential.

I want to increase my midscreen damage. I dont know if I am doing the best damage I can be.

What are you averaging?

the point of that combo isn't damage (though it's decent damage for parasoul), the point is that you either A) use it to carry to the corner or B) reset. You can't corner to corner with it, but you can do some slight variations to carry far. Alternatively, you can use any of the napalm shots as reset points

the point of that combo isn't damage (though it's decent damage for parasoul), the point is that you either A) use it to carry to the corner or B) reset. You can't corner to corner with it, but you can do some slight variations to carry far. Alternatively, you can use any of the napalm shots as reset points

I agree but I'm trying to make myself one touch kill after a good reset. This combo is good has rest points but I have to land 3 touches.

I don't think Parasoul has any 2 touch kills without assists. She pretty much maxes out at 6.5 ish without meter.

Reactions: Rodbow15
I don't think Parasoul has any 2 touch kills without assists. She pretty much maxes out at 6.5 ish without meter.
This. Even with assists you'll be Damn near close to both undizzy and ips.

I end that combo with mk napalm pillar into sniper. Because then they can't tech off the ground.

Reactions: gllt
Yes, quake/mk pillar provides better okizeme and allows time for a setup into the next combo.

One of these days i need to learn to use quake for setups instead of lp Shot, dash, back throw shenanigans

My next character i'm adding to the roster is squigs maybe I can find something helpful there. I'm just trying to keep my combos at least on par with tournament standards because I will be going to Xanadu. I'm just trying to get a second char going. Personally I think 1v2 and 1v3 and even some 1v1 matchups are super imbalanced. I have seen to many times. Goes to tournament sees some insane combo that I had no concept every existed lol.

As for why I did quake bikes instead of quakes sniper it was purely for damage. Like I've said previously in other posts it was really only to set them up for a death situation. Most of my bar is for reversal purposes however when people fear the napalm pillar I end up sitting on meter. Anything over 3 is really excess meter to me. People die at 3bars.

I know you guys level up all the time. I just want to level up to. Personally I'm a little annoyed every time I see a parasoul in tournament she is getting wrecked. I can understand sitting on meter but why save meter when you can kill them?

If you get a sure kill, you use your meter. It happens rather rarely that your combo itself doesn't kill while the +400 Damage from your Super do, though.

Parasoul is a battery character that sits on the first character slot, annoys the opponent and builds happy meter for the other two characters.
If you remove 50% of your opponents first chars lifebar, then your Parasoul dies to a DHC and your next char comes in with 3 Meter, that's not your Parasoul getting wrecked.

You don't want to use bar with Parasoul because Snipe deals 412 and Bikes deal 300-500 while the same metercost can bring you a Bella 360 for 10x as much,
a DHC into Hatred Install for plain death, the opponent not even wanting to hit your Filia due to the threat of Gregor, whatever. Parasoul's Lv1s are simply rather garbage.

Even if you run Solo Parasoul or something, you'll want to save the meter for her Lvl3 which is rather good both for the damage and as a safe Reversal option.

So what would you recommend for resets? My main thing is j. My cross up or grab after j. HK

f.lp, f.mp, b.hk, crouch stuff, instant overhead with assist backup; take your pick

Word, so if I catch someone blocking low and call draq'n bite I can b. HK and it would connect?

My question is how do you guys incorporate assists with your combos? Presently I am running Parasoul / Squigly c.hp assit I don't know if I should be trying to incorporate that into my combos or really only use it for its lockdown to setup resets. I feel like I'm playing two solo characters with assists .

Assists like that would help with long range hit confirms, i.e. you go into st hp x2 but it's too far to combo into lp shot. The only other way to combo in that situation would be to use meter on super.

Reactions: Hilary and gllt
Assists like that would help with long range hit confirms, i.e. you go into st hp x2 but it's too far to combo into lp shot. The only other way to combo in that situation would be to use meter on super.

ahh thanks konkrete always giving out solid advice. I guess i'll use napalm piliar to relive pressure and extend squigly combos.

What do you do atm? How much time did you spend in training trying to figure /anything/ out?

Not much I was trying to recreate something I saw from a video that I couldn't remember too well. I try j.lk j.lp or j.mp into a j.mk and it tends to whiff. So I'm probably need to spend more time with it but thought their maybe a better reference than a video I can barely remember.

Basic thing is chaining either j.LP or j.LK into j.HP, then continuing the combo by picking them up from the ground with s.LK c.HP and just going into your standard combo.

Note that raw j.HP is an *OPTION* but not one you want to go for too often, as it's techable if not chained into (have ground tech on in training mode).

I don't think j.hp is techable on counterhit. Still not something you want to fish with, but air borne opponents without armor can get stuffed if they press lots of buttons.

Sorry to ask this in every thread but does Parasoul have a universal BnB now? Again? lol I'd love something basic, watching Kenin makes me cry because all that stuff goes over my head when it starts getting fancy.

Reactions: Verstande
Sorry to ask this in every thread but does Parasoul have a universal BnB now? Again? lol I'd love something basic, watching Kenin makes me cry because all that stuff goes over my head when it starts getting fancy.
Same here, looking into adding Parasoul to my team.

it's wonky, but my bnb is universal

starter of choice into c.hp
j.mp, j.hp xx mk tear, j.hp
c.mk, s.hp x2 xx roman cancel
dash forward s.lk, s.mk, s.hp x2 xx lp tear
s.lp, s.mp, s.hpx2 ender of choice

it's wonky, but my bnb is universal

starter of choice into c.hp
j.mp, j.hp xx mk tear, j.hp
c.mk, s.hp x2 xx roman cancel
dash forward s.lk, s.mk, s.hp x2 xx lp tear
s.lp, s.mp, s.hpx2 ender of choice

yup this is the standard these days! only thing i will add is that some people change up the c.mk with st.mp because its easier (yay!) but does a smidge of less damage (booooo!)

I guess I'll add on for reset stuff. If, after the dash, you do s.lk x2, s.mk, s.hpx2 xx lp tear, you're spaced right for a dash reset. You can either keep comboing with s.lp link, or dash forward for whatever reset. I've freely stolen the lp tear, dash, backthrow, roman cancel, jump throw (they bounce off the tear explosion). I don't remember where I saw it, but it's a goddamn filthy reset series

Thanks guys! I'll get on to practicing!

I dont think its the easiest combo to start off with. To be honest. I think the boots combo is where you should start.

yup this is the standard these days! only thing i will add is that some people change up the c.mk with st.mp because its easier (yay!) but does a smidge of less damage (booooo!)

Also adding to this combo I like to solider cancel into standing light because it has more range than st.lk

buts its the exact same combo. For some reason some people prefer st.lk first over st.lp but they both work its just which series do you want to do first st.lp or st.lk

Reactions: Sparties
So... I was fiddling with s.HK after seeing this thread and came up with this...

Since Double and Parasoul are the only characters I play, is there other stuff that can be done with this kind of setup?

So... I was fiddling with s.HK after seeing this thread and came up with this...

Since Double and Parasoul are the only characters I play, is there other stuff that can be done with this kind of setup?

This is sick but I am 100% this is will bait people. style points to good.

Last edited:
This is sick but I am 100% this is a one time burst bait. But style points to good.
I dunno, some people mash really really hard.

Also adding to this combo I like to solider cancel into standing light because it has more range than st.lk

buts its the exact same combo. For some reason some people prefer st.lk first over st.lp but they both work its just which series do you want to do first st.lp or st.lk

FWIW, I do kick after dash because I find it easier to link lp after shot. I don't actually know if it's a wider link window, but it's kind of a personal preference thing anyways.