• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Baby Got Boots: Parasoul Combo Thread

is that universal?

Cool stuff. I prefer combos that don't use meter in the middle/get the setup for crumble thing (snipe on a standing target) so I can either go for a burst bait or dhc to catheads or lv 3 (obviously you rock the cock so it's different). I guess I avoid using meter with Para anyways just cause she's a battery for everything else. Nice to see a practical version of that Mike Z combo though.

That's literally mike z's combo except the starter was cr.lk lol

I ain't doing that shit tho.

Out of curiousity, why not?
When it comes to me I choose combos based on how practical they are for me to land first, damage output 2nd. Getting the sniper shot to connect properly is inconsistent, and I'd rather not have to think about my charges. I get 7k with the help of an assist so the tiny bit of extra damage doesn't matter to me~

You're right. I made sure that was clear though...
I know. I was talking to skiller who didn't know that the combo could be done off or cr.lk???

Getting the sniper shot to connect properly is inconsistent, and I'd rather not have to think about my charges.

Not directly aimed directly at you, as I understand and agree with damage output stuff but for anyone having trouble with that link, you can figure out the timing for the lighter characters by putting in Silent Scope as their hitstun bar turns from Teal to Green in the training room, that's what I did at least, and I can nail it pretty good now.

I'm having trouble with this combo, after I land and do the c.MK, which I have replaced with s.MP because I find it easier to land, they sometimes don't restand and then don't get stunned by the tear, they just bounce off it and recover really fast.
I have the same problem with c.MK sometimes, am I hitting them too early?

If you want to consistently land the shot, do the MK Trigger very very late and you can do the shot pretty quickly after that. Let them be almost landed from the OTG sweep first.

When it comes to me I choose combos based on how practical they are for me to land first, damage output 2nd. Getting the sniper shot to connect properly is inconsistent, and I'd rather not have to think about my charges. I get 7k with the help of an assist so the tiny bit of extra damage doesn't matter to me~

I know. I was talking to skiller who didn't know that the combo could be done off or cr.lk???

I knew you could do the combo off of a normal starter, but since I don't like that style of combo (using meter mid-combo) I hadn't bothered figuring out anything off of a normal starter. Basically, I didn't know if he changed the combo at all or not, but I thought it was nice to have a vid of something the same/similar being done off of a practical starter.

In retrospect I probably should have gone back to find the original video and compared before commenting, but meh.

You don't like using meter mid-combo for more damage than using it at the end?
That's strange, since the end result is more damage, so the only reason not to do it is if you don't have the meter to start with. :^)

You don't like using meter mid-combo for more damage than using it at the end?
That's strange, since the end result is more damage, so the only reason not to do it is if you don't have the meter to start with. :^)

1. I rarely end combos using meter with Parasoul. I go for resets until I get the kill and use a meter at the end only if it turns out by the end of the combo to be necessary.

2. I can't dhc at the point that I want to (without using an extra bar) if I use meter in the middle. For example, if I get to the undizzy limit, super, dhc to double, I can easily set up a burst bait and other situations with catheads because I know they are at the limit post-dhc. Now, of course I could just use another meter at the end to dhc, but I don't want to use even more meter with my point character.

There are other reasons as well, but those are a couple that I'll mention for now.

edit: I also mention in a post above that Parasoul is a battery for my team, so minimizing meter usage is a demand. If I use meter in the middle of a combo where, had I not used the meter, I would have killed without using any, then I am not playing my team as intended.

Last edited:
Reactions: GirlyStyle
That combo seems pretty useful in the scenario of you gotta kill somebody for one bar and you aren't sure/know the 7K version aint gonna do it.

All in all though you generally don't want to be using meter with Parasoul unless its going to kill - her damage from resets strings together rather nicely and through certain assists she can get great meaty assist pressure which feels way more worth it then spending bar for a bit more damage.

Meter is better saved for her defensive options IMO, such as alpha countering out (Parasoul just has some positions where its her only reversal option due to pillar requiring a down charge and lul overheads) or DHCing.

I will use meter mid combo sssooommmmeeetttttimmmmeeeessss but its mainly as a confirm if I feel my starter was wonky, and which after the otg i usually go for a reset.

Reactions: Skiller
Meter is better saved for her defensive options IMO, such as alpha countering out (Parasoul just has some positions where its her only reversal option due to pillar requiring a down charge and lul overheads) or DHCing.

I will use meter mid combo sssooommmmeeetttttimmmmeeeessss but its mainly as a confirm if I feel my starter was wonky, and which after the otg i usually go for a reset.

Both of these are exactly the same for me and excellent points. I'd much rather save meter to be able to do something Pillar > bikes for a (almost always) safe defensive option (and, if it hits, I can dhc for a full combo). On the second point, I find myself only using a bar in the middle of a combo for that same reason.

Reactions: GirlyStyle

these are my parasoul combos Lol I am proud of myself for getting this far. Tell me some ideas what I should try to learn next How am I on damage? I included my one reset lol.

Reactions: gllt

what is the notations for this video?

what is the notations for this video?
LP, MP, c.HP, j.MP, j.HP, 214MK, j.HP, c.MK, HP, HP,
[4]6LK, LP, MP, HP, HP, [4]6LP, LK, MK, HP, HP, [2]8MK, 236PP(Silent Scope)
Egret LK-----------------------Napalm Shot L--------------------Napalm Quake

[Uh, how do you normally write charge notations?]

Last edited:
Reactions: gllt and IknowReal
Egret LK---------------------Napalm Shot L-----------------Napalm Quake

[Uh, how do you normally write charge notations?]

Thank You so much now I can finally try to do this combo. Also the colors ad notations was a nice touch I couldn't not like it.

side note I can change the launcher and it wont change the combo? so for example I can toss in c.lk , c.mk, hp instead of LP, MP, c.hp for example?

Last edited:
side note I can change the launcher and it wont change the combo? so for example I can toss in c.lk , c.mk, hp instead of LP, MP, c.hp for example?
Yes, I would recommend it too.
Always get used to starting combos with a low since there's not a lot of reason to hit mid.

My first impressions of the combo is it feels really werid but looks to sexy for me not to try to learn :D.

Egret LK---------------------Napalm Shot L-----------------Napalm Quake

So far I have reached the bold selection I must not be doing j.HP fast enough because it seems like I am already going to touch the ground. I guess I'll practice this more and post questions as they arise. Are there any combos off forward throw? Even when I'm doing back throw combos I lose my ground bounce but it seems like some people are keeping there's how?

Last edited:
So far I have reached the bold selection I must not be doing j.HP fast enough because it seems like I am already going to touch the ground
You need to hit j.MP as fast as you can, if there's any delay in the air combo you won't have enough air space to get the second j.HP, if you have any delay at all in the chain, you'll miss
Are there any combos off forward throw?
Not really, just back throw every time. To not lose your OTG [Off the ground] (Ground bounce as you call it), back throw and cancel with LK Egret as fast as you can. Then you'll have to time a LP once they go behind you before they touch the ground. (B.Throw xx Egret xx LP MP c.HP) That will get you the launcher combo without using an OTG. It's not super reliable in my experience and it's not a big deal even if you miss it and just go straight for a c.LK OTG off the back throw, which is what I do.
So far I have reached the bold selection
LP, MP, c.HP, j.MP, j.HP, 214MK, j.HP, c.MK, HP, HP, [4]6LK,
Getting here is way worse imo, this part drops for me all the time with the lighter floating characters, they float above the ground and get 'boosted' away by the tear when it detonates.

You can combo off of forward throws, it's just kinda tricky. You have to dash, s.lk, s.mk, launch.

In other crazy news doesn't it feel like parasoul's grab range is extra short. I see the little mud or whatever she drops of people's shoes all the time. But they don't get grabbed they obviously get grabbed if I am all up in there face basically so close that my jab would go through them if it could the range is very deceptive. I am starting to feel like her grab is more of a pressure move in the corner. Than just something to toss like I.E missfortune, cerebella or something I've eve got jabbed out of grab.

Her ground throw isn't great, but her air throw is stupid. Like, really stupid. You probably won't ever want to get the undizzy that high with the scalling, but you get a full combo off an air throw.

Her ground throw isn't great, but her air throw is stupid. Like, really stupid. You probably won't ever want to get the undizzy that high with the scalling, but you get a full combo off an air throw.

That Air throw is to good. Makes tears of joy come to my eyes. Question does Pillar Bikes do more damage at the end of a combo than napalom shot sniper scope?

Yes, but it doesn't crumple.

Also, most of the time Pillar Scope is gonna deal more damage than Pillar Bikes, because not all Bikes are going to hit.

You also really don't want to use Parasoul's Lv1 as combo enders, they deal 400 damage which is pretty much just wasting meter.

Yes, but it doesn't crumple.

Also, most of the time Pillar Scope is gonna deal more damage than Pillar Bikes, because not all Bikes are going to hit.

You also really don't want to use Parasoul's Lv1 as combo enders, they deal 400 damage which is pretty much just wasting meter.

this is pretty much everything I can do with Parasoul.

a total of maybe 2 ~ 3mins for everything. How do you guys end combos then? do you do like s.HP, s.HP Pillar to end everything?

mp shot into sniper shot is ok, but only because it opens good burst baits. If I'm ending a combo with a super, I'm either aiming for a burst or a DHC

How do you guys end combos then? do you do like s.HP, s.HP Pillar to end everything?
1) Don't "end" your combo - reset
2) Combo into Tag (eg Tag into Filia in the corner)
3) Combo into DHC for a kill

Even if you're Solo Parasoul, I'd save the meter unless I got a sure kill - her Lvl3 is pretty darn good, and Pillar xx Bikes is an okayish reversal option. Just reset.

1. j.HP > s.LKx2 > s.MP > c.HP xx jump > j.MP > j.HP > j.HK > land > s.LKx2 > s.MP > s.HPx2 xx LP Napalm Shot > s.LP > s.MP xx Egret Call > s.MKx2 > s.HPx2 xx Napalm Quake xx Silent Scope
When I try to do this combo I trigger the ips is this old?

This doesn't trigger IPS. It might trigger Undizzy, too lazy to check. Are they sparking green? And where do you trigger it

Holy Crap I was doing the wrong combo. I must have been spacing out. The ender I'm use to quick stand is like lp, lp I was doing that instead of lk lk. crazy.. Lol I got pretty far this time. Then I forgot the rest of the combo lol. So close.

j.HP > s.LKx2 > s.MP > c.HP xx jump > j.MP > j.HP > j.HK > land > s.LKx2 > s.MP > s.HPx2 xx LP Napalm Shot > s.LP > s.MP xx Egret Call > s.MKx2 > s.HPx2 xx Napalm Quake xx Silent Scope

s.LP > s.MP xx Egret Call > s.MKx2 > s.HPx2 xx Napalm Quake xx Silent Scope this part gets really hard lol.

Last edited:
Drama Meter / undizzy is to op. I need a new combo I am building 100% Undizzy every combo now. Air reset does'nt add undizzy but doesn't reset it from building either.

Last edited:
I got a new BNB 5901 1 meter with a Jumpin? Good bad? thoughts? 5439 s.lk starter.

anyway here is my new BNB people thoughts criticism something anything.... I may be a scrub but I try to be innovative.

anyway here is my new BNB people thoughts criticism something anything.... I may be a scrub but I try to be innovative.

It's fine for a starter combo, but there's a lot more you can do. Also, if you start this off of a ground bounce on a heavy character (bella, double, Big Band, sometimes Parasoul), the restand (j.MP > j.HP > j.HK) will not work, so it's good to have an alternative bnb that does not use that restand. I'm really tired right now but I can post more tomorrow with suggestions, so just leave any questions you have.

It's fine for a starter combo, but there's a lot more you can do. Also, if you start this off of a ground bounce on a heavy character (bella, double, Big Band, sometimes Parasoul), the restand (j.MP > j.HP > j.HK) will not work, so it's good to have an alternative bnb that does not use that restand. I'm really tired right now but I can post more tomorrow with suggestions, so just leave any questions you have.

I tested it out on the entire cast. Here are my findings on peacock I get one less light kick and no napalm pillar I have to go for napalm shot M into level 1. On painwheel I get the full combo but one less light kick. On all the heavy people Parasoul, Double, Big band, Bella I get the combo except I get more so I get 2 light punches instead of 1 and I get the full light kicks so I am getting like 6.1k on those characters for 1 bar.

5.9k standard
5.8k with one less light kick
6.1k on heavy's

I swear the gravity changed from the endless beta and the regular skullgirls. Its so much easier on the skullgirls versus the endless beta to preform.

continuing with what I was saying where could I add double in the combo?

PS/DB Tag combo. Corner, probably not on heavies

c.lk c.mk st.hp xx lp shot
st.lk st.mk cr.hp (detonate) sj
tk lk toss xx j.hp (detonate) land
b.hk xx tag

cr.mp cr.hp xx flesh step
st.lp mk mk cr.hp xx butt xx car

Not terribly easy but an option to swap characters for no meter.

PS/DB Tag combo. Corner, probably not on heavies

c.lk c.mk st.hp xx lp shot
st.lk st.mk cr.hp (detonate) sj
tk lk toss xx j.hp (detonate) land
b.hk xx tag

cr.mp cr.hp xx flesh step
st.lp mk mk cr.hp xx butt xx car

Not terribly easy but an option to swap characters for no meter.
I'll look into it right now I'm struggling on barrel loops

are barrel loops still the best damage/reset option? my double is pretty butt, so i dunno if it's worth learning. I do know that barrel loops don't work on BB