• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Combos

CaioLugon

Reaction score
Steam
CaioLugon
Unknown Painwheel Unknown
Post and discuss Beowulf combos here!

Starting with the chair:

00:00 - c.lk, c.mp, s.hk xx L Wulf Blitzer, 8K, 2K,
otg c.mk, Naegling Knee Lift, Geatish Trepak.

00:10 - c.lk, c.mp, s.hk xx L Hurting Hurl,
c.mp, c.hp,
otg c.mk, jump forward, Canis Major Press.

00:18 - c.lk, c.mp, c.hp xx H Hurting Hurl,
otg c.hk xx Gigantic Arm.

00:24 - c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,
j.mk, j.hp xx L Wulf Blitzer, 2K,

Starting without the chair:

00:34 - c.lk, c.mp, s.hk xx L Wulf Blitzer, 8K, 2K,
otg c.mk, Canis Major Press (if possible, land on the chair).

00:43 - c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,
c.lp, c.mp, c.hp,
otg c.mk, Canis Major Press.

00:52 - c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,
c.lp, c.mp, c.hp,
otg c.lk, c.mp, c.hp xx Gigantic Arm.
Note: The combos here are optimized for damage, you can just do [c.lp, s.mp, s.hk] instead of [s.lp, s.lk, s.mp (mic drop), s.hk] to make the final chain easier and more consistent. Also, finishing the combo with EX Canis Major Press (2PP in the air from grab mode) gives an untechable knockdown, leaving you at a much more advantageous position forcing the opponent to block a mix-up when they get up but does a bit less damage.

c.lk, c.mp, s.hk xx L Wulf Blitzer, 9K, 2K,
c.lk, s.mp, s.hk xx L Wulf Blitzer, 9K, 2K,
c.lp, s.lk, s.mp (mic drop), s.hk xx L Wulf Blitzer, 9K, 2K,
otg c.mk, Naegling Knee Lift, Geatish Trepak (Da Grendel Killa if chairless).

c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,
j.mk, j.hp xx L Wulf Blitzer, 2K,
c.lk, c.hp,
j.lp, j.lk, j.hp xx L Wulf Blitzer, 2K,
c.lp, s.lk, s.mp (mic drop), s.hk xx L Wulf Blitzer, 8K, 2K,
Note: The combos here are optimized for damage, you can just do [c.lp, s.mp, s.hk] instead of [s.lp, s.lk, s.mp (mic drop), s.hk] to make the final chain easier and more consistent. Also, finishing the combo with EX Canis Major Press (2PP in the air from grab mode) gives an untechable knockdown, leaving you at a much more advantageous position forcing the opponent to block a mix-up when they get up but does a bit less damage.

c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,
j.lp, j.mk, j.hp,
hop j.mp,
s.hk,
walk forward, c.mp, s.hk xx L Hurting Hurl,
s.mk, c.hp,
s.lp, s.lk, s.mp (mic drop), s.hk xx L Wulf Blitzer, 9K, 1K,
otg c.mk, Naegling Knee Lift, Da Grendel Killa.

c.lk, c.mp, s.hk xx L Hurting Hurl,
jump forward, j.lp, j.mk,
s.mk, c.hp,
c.lk, s.mk, s.hk xx Take a Seat,
c.mp, s.hk xx L Hurting Hurl,
hop j.lk,

c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,
j.mk, j.hp,
dashjump, j.lp, j.mk, j.hp,
hop j.mp,
s.hk xx L Hurting Hurl,
c.mp, c.hp,

c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,
j.mk, j.hp,
Gigantic Arm,
c.mp, c.hp xx H Hurting Hurl,
s.mk, c.hp,
s.lk, s.mp (mic drop), s.hk xx Take a Seat,
s.lp, s.lk, s.mp (mic drop), s.hk xx L Hurting Hurl,
s.hp, Naegling Knee Lift, Da Grendel Killa.

hop j.mp,
s.hk,
c.mp, s.hk xx Take a Seat,
s.mk, s.hk xx L Hurting Hurl,
walk forward, c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,
walk forward, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp (mic drop), s.hk xx L Wulf Blitzer, 8K, 2K,
otg c.mk, Naegling Knee Lift, EX Da Grendel Killa,
s.hp, Naegling Knee Lift, Diving Wulfdog.

hop j.mk,
s.hk xx Wulf Shoot,
walk forward, Naegling Knee Lift x4, EX Da Grendel Killa,
c.mp, c.hp,
walk forward, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp (mic drop), s.hk xx L Wulf Blitzer, 9K, 3K,

c.lk, c.mp, s.hk xx L Wulf Blitzer, 8K, 2K,
c.hp,
hop j.mp,
s.hk xx Wulf Shoot,
Naegling Knee Lift x4, Berserker Headbutt,
s.mp, s.hk xx L Wulf Blitzer, 2k,
s.lp, s.lk, s.mp (mic drop), s.hk xx L Wulf Blitzer, 9K, 2K,
Airwulf, Da Grendel Killa.

c.lk, c.mk, c.hp,
j.mk, j.hp,
c.mp, s.hp xx L Hurting Hurl,
hop j.mp,
s.hk xx Wulf Shoot,
Naegling Knee Lift x4, Berserker Headbutt,
c.lp, s.lk, s.mp (mic drop), s.hk xx L Wulf Blitzer, 8K, 2K,

Last edited:
I'll start this off with an easy beginner question - did the pin ending get removed? No matter what grab I end with I never get a pin anymore. Am I just being retarded (probably)?

I'll start this off with an easy beginner question - did the pin ending get removed? No matter what grab I end with I never get a pin anymore. Am I just being retarded (probably)?
The one with the penguin ref? IIRC, you need to have your crowd hype maxed and it needs to be the finishing blow of the match.

Ah I didn't have my hype at level three. Thanks guys.

something i was messing around with since i was having trouble finding a decent starter. will probably use this for the forseeable future i reckon.

damage about 7k, corner carries almost full screen, ends in hard knockdown, seems like it works on everyone with small tweaks. really easy to do. only downside is you basically need a bar right away to do it.

cr.lk-mp-hp, delay j.MK-HP (land) gigantic arm, cr.MP- st. HK xx hurting hurl L, st.MK-cr.HP, st.LP-MP-HP, canis major press.

Did story & tutorial last weekend, but haven't tried him online (didn't have time for the PS3 Wulf Day 1 Skullbats) & I couldn't find anyone to play, which was a surprise (I thought Wulf would bring in more people last weekend).

Despite breaking combos listed here into parts in training, I haven't been able to do any yet. The one above doesn't look really easy to me, but it's subjective since we all have different skill levels, etc. Maybe I'll just practice it more, if that's the easiest there is. An arcade stick would help, and memorizing move names to the motions since I can't get to a PS3 til the weekend (ex: gigantic arm I found on the tutorial posted on YouTube is 236 PP).

Has anyone discovered beginner combos for him? And good moves to use in neutral? I've watched random YouTube vids, but haven't found a video guide of how to use the character, like Big Band's? (which was quite helpful) Thanks.

Last edited:
so ive come up with a slightly modified version of caoilugons midscreen 1 bar that does a bit more damage plus gives you any grab ender you want rather than wolf blitz so you can set up a hard knockdown with it. i havent been bothering with the mic drops myself to make it a little easier

c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,
j.mk, j.hp,
Gigantic Arm,
s.mk, c.hp,
s.lp, s.lk, s.mp (mic drop),cr.HP xx H hurting hurl, st. HP (whatever you want)

Reactions: CaioLugon
so ive come up with a slightly modified version of caoilugons midscreen 1 bar that does a bit more damage plus gives you any grab ender you want rather than wolf blitz so you can set up a hard knockdown with it. i havent been bothering with the mic drops myself to make it a little easier

c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,
j.mk, j.hp,
Gigantic Arm,
s.mk, c.hp,
s.lp, s.lk, s.mp (mic drop),cr.HP xx H hurting hurl, st. HP (whatever you want)

You can spend another bar on QCB.KK to get your chair back, if that's your jam. End in KK s.HP grab ender xx QCB.KK.

You can spend another bar on QCB.KK to get your chair back, if that's your jam. End in KK s.HP grab ender xx QCB.KK.

actually i found that if i call my assist right at the end and do a couple of knees/headbutts, i can then get another st.HP grab and finish with another ender and by that time the chair has cooled down and i get the extra damage from that too.

These are simple combos I found.

• c.LP, c.MP, c.HP, j.LK, j.MK, (down) j.HK, s.LK, s.MK, c.HP, c.LP, c.MP, c.HP
  • s.LK, c.MP, c.HP, j.MK, j.HP, hop MP, s.HK, command grab (whatever you want)
  • c.LP c.MP s.HP (L) hurting hurl, hop MP s.HK, command grab (whatever you want)
The last combo is for hype building, just use Da Grendel Killa after doing headbutt and/or knee.

Last edited:
Thanks. I want to main this new guy (PS3), but am clueless on what I should be doing on offense, defense, etc. He seems hard to learn for me.

Edit: can't get (down) jHK to work, so the first combo doesn't work for me. 2nd & 3rd, I can't get hop jMP to work.

So far I can do cLK, cMP, cHP, jMK, jHP, 236 PP...
but can't get cMP, HK after to do the rest. So it's a start. Guess I'll just keep practicing & check the forum for tips.

Last edited:
Thanks. I want to main this new guy (PS3), but am clueless on what I should be doing on offense, defense, etc. He seems hard to learn for me.

Edit: can't get (down) jHK to work, so the first combo doesn't work for me. 2nd & 3rd, I can't get hop jMP to work.

So far I can do cLK, cMP, cHP, jMK, jHP, 236 PP...
but can't get cMP, HK after to do the rest. So it's a start. Guess I'll just keep practicing & check the forum for tips.

The higher you hit with 236 pp, the easier it is to combo after it. So try altering the timing of your jump cancelling and the speed at which you cancel j. mk to j. hp to get the sweet spot where the opponent is low enough to get hit, but you are below him by enough to land and get the cr. mp.

OK, I'll give that a try, thanks. Also, the in-depth training w/iDante last weekend helped me on some of this stuff.
Such as what hop is. I thought it referred to a short jump, like in some fighters. But this hop refers to the animation on his dash.
Then actually doing it takes practice (it would probably go easier for me on an arcade stick, especially getting the HK on the pad's R2 button). I guess it varies how long it takes for some of us to get these down. Hopefully more progress is on the way...

This game is pretty pad friendly. U should be fine. Though I would recommend playing on stick anyway.

I was attempting the bnb in the first post but it just doesn't work for me. Curiously enough, the opponent seems to have full undizzy for a while and you are still comboing them. Why is that? When i try to combo like that after the cr. hp, the opponent bursts out after more than a clinch, but you seem to be doing a whole new ground string into wolf blitzer while drama is full.

I was attempting the bnb in the first post but it just doesn't work for me. Curiously enough, the opponent seems to have full undizzy for a while and you are still comboing them. Why is that? When i try to combo like that after the cr. hp, the opponent bursts out after more than a clinch, but you seem to be doing a whole new ground string into wolf blitzer while drama is full.
Look at the combo stage section in the training mode data and you'll see he was at 235/240 undizzy after chairless c.HP, which is not full. If you are reaching undizzy limit before then, either you are throwing in an extra normal somewhere that you aren't supposed to or you haven't let the opponent's undizzy bar reset back to 0.

If you're last chain started before reaching 240 but then exceeds 240, you are allowed to finish that specific chain without your opponent being able to burst. It also looks like Beowulf starts an extra chain after wolf blitzer with the otg but it behaves differently since it it considered a grab.

I didn't know that 240 thing. OK. The funny thing is, I was actually doing a shorter version of the combo to try to avoid scaling, and I thought would accumulate less undizzy.

I was doing
cr. lk, cr. mp, cr. hp
j. lp, j. mk, j. hp
hop j. mp, st. hk
j. hk, st. hp xx lp hurting hurl
cr. mp, cr. hp.....

But it seems thats not the case because the i have more heavies?

what happened to that one guys combos who made a chair keep for 7.6k or so & heavy bnb for like 7.1k?? it was in the beta thread but cant seem to find it

anyone got any good chairless bnbs for heavies? the one posted above im pretty sure doesnt work, or the timing is so tight its not worth the risk dropping it.

Hey Mod...what happened to the betawulf combo thread? :( had some great stuff in there & it seems everyone never updates anything on the OP (like my Squigly thread)

EASY CHAIRLESS COMBOS THAT DOESN'T USE METERS!1!ONE

6.3ishk (6.2,80k). Lights only cause gravity sucks.

Reactions: scottvincent
shouldn't it be better to use F+K when using Aplpha maul when having one level of hype so you can use one extra finisher when on ground?

shouldn't it be better to use F+K when using Aplpha maul when having one level of hype so you can use one extra finisher when on ground?

Well it is, but the point here is to not use meter and still do damage.

You could always end that last grab with Headbutt/Knee into .. whatever that thing is called, Grendel Killa? I forget names, rather than just Grendel Killa. You got 2 actions!

Hi I have some questions for people:
- Everyone I see here and elsewhere uses cMP instead of cMK in their starting string. Why?? cMK is -2 rather than -6 on block and doesn't seem harder to confirm into sHK (rather, easier). Also, cMK is a low and I don't think cMP is? Am I missing something? Iirc cMP deals 50 more dmg but surely that's not worth it?
- How the fuck do combos on Big Band and Double shit fuck work man .. Wulf Blitzer without using up OTG, cHP without using up OTG etc is all really fun and easy on lights but on Band SUCH a hassle :[ Are there some trix to make this easier? Or do I just go for different strings?
- I see a lot of people using Chair in the first string, am I missing a thing or is this rather bad? If I want to reset one string in and I used L.Toss at the start and my opponent blocks the reset, suddenly I'm chairless which I likely don't want to be? It takes ages for the chair to switch back to being coloured, not being able to properly reset for that long sounds like a severe limitation? I get that this allows for a plethora of new, good strings, but it still didn't look like something I'd like to do :\
- What do people do for conversions out of H.Chair again? I remember some video where a guy got a full combo, but I forgot where I saw it. Just arm at the right enemy height may do the trick? but i think it was something else..
- Is stuff like the first vid in the OP possible on lights? I can get a rejump jLP to connect quite easily, but I never get anywhere close to restanding them so instead I do an Air Blitzer there

Not sure if someone posted something like this in the beta thread, but since the reach is SO crazy on beowulf's big arm super (forget the name), decided to play with it. heres a 7k full screen bnb that works on lights and mediums with the chair (almost done processing YT vid)

Reactions: skumbag
- Everyone I see here and elsewhere uses cMP instead of cMK in their starting string. Why?? cMK is -2 rather than -6 on block and doesn't seem harder to confirm into sHK (rather, easier). Also, cMK is a low and I don't think cMP is? Am I missing something? Iirc cMP deals 50 more dmg but surely that's not worth it?
The only problem with c.mk is that confirming into c.lk, c.mk, off an otg goes into grab mode and might screw your combo if you don't know what to do, so I asked people if they preferred c.mk, s.mp or c.mp to confirm and no one responded so I just left it with c.mp...

- How the fuck do combos on Big Band and Double shit fuck work man .. Wulf Blitzer without using up OTG, cHP without using up OTG etc is all really fun and easy on lights but on Band SUCH a hassle :[ Are there some trix to make this easier? Or do I just go for different strings?
Man, is the swearing really necessary here? But anyway, some more stuff is gonna be added to the OP soon.

- I see a lot of people using Chair in the first string, am I missing a thing or is this rather bad? If I want to reset one string in and I used L.Toss at the start and my opponent blocks the reset, suddenly I'm chairless which I likely don't want to be? It takes ages for the chair to switch back to being coloured, not being able to properly reset for that long sounds like a severe limitation? I get that this allows for a plethora of new, good strings, but it still didn't look like something I'd like to do :\
It's the more damaging route and you can get the chair back after only one MH chain after the stagger, besides, there are paths that don't rely on chair toss if you don't wanna use it to reset early. Also, if you wanna talk about when and how people reset this is probably not the best place to do it.

- Is stuff like the first vid in the OP possible on lights? I can get a rejump jLP to connect quite easily, but I never get anywhere close to restanding them so instead I do an Air Blitzer there
It is, the hop j.mp that follows restands very easily.

Got a few things on my channel regarding Beowulf combos, enders and tech.
Building up a playlist so anything think I find or discover ill add to it.

It does 6.9k Damage on 1:1 Scaling.

I did a corner version of your combo.
caaause I was bored. :^)

Still the same dmg 6,9k. But now it works on corner.

and a really weird combo with a j.mp starter on heavies:

7.4k dmg.

The only problem with c.mk is that confirming into c.lk, c.mk, off an otg goes into grab mode and might screw your combo
What kinda OTG would I need a confirm after, though? And well, combos don't work then anyway :F But ok~
I don't mind it, I just thought I was going crazy. If you prefer it this way, keep it this way I suppose

Man, is the swearing really necessary here?

But anyway, some more stuff is gonna be added to the OP soon.

Also, if you wanna talk about when and how people reset this is probably not the best place to do it.
Is it not? I build my combos around reset points and think this is an important part of the considerations?!
I will almost always prefer a 6k combo that deals 5k in the first string, over a 7k combo that deals 6k in the last string (to give an extreme and unrealistic example)
Just writing combo paths and ending damage numbers doesn't really tell any% of the actual ingame usefulness.. which ultimately is the most important thing?

Yeah...but there's a reason we have a tech thread. Organization. Not even that is mind...but think about the beginning players

Does someone want to help me out with fixing this?

I want:
- Not launch in the first string for reasons
- No chairtoss in the first string due to early resets getting screwed
- Reset optimization over damage optimization (eg I use an early cLP where I could use cLK for more damage, but cLP I can karacancel into Throw which is pretty neat)
I would like:
- sHK xx Shoot cus that's pretty cool (no dealbreaker, but I like doing that thing)

My current basic combo is this:

cLK cMK sHK xx L.Blitz 8 2
cLP sMP xx L.Chair
- Hop jMP
sHK xx Shoot -- Knee/x4, Headbutt
sMK xx Pickup
cLK cMP sHK xx L.Blitz 8 2
[OTG]cMK -- Knee, Breaker

- Deals some 6.5k meterless which is fine for me
- It is probably Lights only or perhaps mediums too but surely won't work on heavies.. but I can live with that for now
- I use sMK xx Pickup rather than sMK sHK xx Pickup (which I would have the Ud for) because sHK pressed too early gives me a fullscreen kick (as the opp. is airborne)

The problem I have with this combo currently is that sMK - Pickup - cLK has the cLK whiff vs Squigly and I'm not sure whether there is a workaround for that
sMK sHK - Pickup - cLK whiffs as well, as does cMK - Pickup - cLK
I tried hop jLP-cMK after the Headbutt and that works, but it is a 1f link apparently so I'm not gonna do it in matches

I have no problem with using 2-3 combos based on character weight, but an entirely separate one for Squigly would be a bit much for me
I'm ok with mangling this up but simply have no idea how to; presumably I will have to sacrifice the sHK xx Shoot? But my tries with that yielded even less damage for no gain

Thanks for any pointers!

Meterless combo that builds almost 2 levels of hype:

Edit: Learned that mic drop only builds hype once per combo now aww.

Last edited:
No one on skullheart knows what a BnB is, and it makes it really hard to learn a new character. A 7k damage combo that includes a launch, restand, and OTG is in no way a BnB. Bread n Butter means plain and simple. Ryu's most famous BnB is c.MK x qcf HP in Street Fighter. It's a solid go-to when you need to do something. BnBs are the strings you get down to muscle memory in case your brain shuts off after you confirm a jump in. I think Beowulf BnBs include cr.LK s.MK s.HK x qcf LKx3 and cr.LK s.MP s.HP x qcf LP.

I'm still new to Beowulf and I don't know all his BnBs yet. I don't know the best way to get to grab mode, I don't know the best air string, I don't know the best setup to super, and this combo thread is not helping. Theory crafting the biggest combos against stationary opponents is fine, but don't call them BnBs.

So after that rant.. maybe OP can compile some short effective strings that every Beowulf player should have in his/her arsenal.

I belive you are mix-up with the difference between a "hit confirm" and "b'n'b" due difference waits and beowulf having chair and chairless combos it's hard label a bnb. But overall I belive a bnb is a reliable and go to combo which be L,M,H, qcd.LK, 9HK, 2HK.

To say know one knows what a bnb is is rude considering what you are asking for could easily be found in the skullgirls tutorial. But then for you to answer your own question a tell us what you think a beowulf bnb would be makes nosence.
C.mk x qcf Hp is a hit comfirm as you will do this on hit, block or whiff. It's a fundamental for ryu. me personally it wouldnt be a bnb.

No one on skullheart knows what a BnB is, and it makes it really hard to learn a new character. A 7k damage combo that includes a launch, restand, and OTG is in no way a BnB. Bread n Butter means plain and simple. Ryu's most famous BnB is c.MK x qcf HP in Street Fighter. It's a solid go-to when you need to do something. BnBs are the strings you get down to muscle memory in case your brain shuts off after you confirm a jump in. I think Beowulf BnBs include cr.LK s.MK s.HK x qcf LKx3 and cr.LK s.MP s.HP x qcf LP.

I'm still new to Beowulf and I don't know all his BnBs yet. I don't know the best way to get to grab mode, I don't know the best air string, I don't know the best setup to super, and this combo thread is not helping. Theory crafting the biggest combos against stationary opponents is fine, but don't call them BnBs.

So after that rant.. maybe OP can compile some short effective strings that every Beowulf player should have in his/her arsenal.
ABC xx Special doesn't need a thread
Why would you need someone to tell you "some short effective strings" when those take 5 seconds to figure out?
cLK cMK sHK xx Special xx Super, there we go

BnBs refer to basic, universal hitconfirms off normal, matchreliable starters / hitconfirms (so in the case of Ryu, not cMK xx Hado - but smth like cLK cLP cMK xx H.Tatsu)
It just so happens that SG "basic universal hitconfirms" tend to be 10+ seconds long - after all, we aren't playing Street Fighter!

I do think it's quite silly when people write "Look at my new BnB" and then it's a character specific corner combo off a j.Fierce CH,
but "cMK xx Hado is a BnB, please tell me Beo strings that are similar to that" is at least equally strange?
cMK xx Hado is a poking tool, the Beo equivalent would be like, sHP xx Blitzer. That's not really a "BnB", let alone do you need someone to tell you about this?

C.mk x qcf Hp is a hit comfirm as you will do this on hit, block or whiff.
Uh

A hit confirm for Ryu would be cr.LP cr.LP cr.LK cr.MK x QCF HP. The hit confirm lets him reliably land his BnB, which is a substring. Is this the best combo Ryu can do from this hit confirm? No. But it's effective and never a bad choice over doing nothing. He can also hit confirm into something else, which is a different thing entirely. Hit confirms are great for leading into more difficult combos because you have time to set your rhythm, and can back out after the light hits without being too minus on block. I think I understand that term well.

http://sf4answers.com/questions/155/what-are-bread-and-butter-bnb-combos

ABC xx Special doesn't need a thread
Why would you need someone to tell you "some short effective strings" when those take 5 seconds to figure out?
cLK cMK sHK xx Special xx Super, there we go

I've been at this for more than 5 seconds, I promise. Beowulf does not play like the rest of the cast, and it would be nice to have somewhere to look up the basic building blocks to use him effectively. I just learned s.HKxcommand grab today, a useful tool I wish I'd known for a while. I can't be the only player that can't immediately know every possible string by just picking up a character. I'd been using s.HP x qcf LP as a meterless ground finisher forever, but it's not that good without the followup that I haven't nailed yet.

Edit: also learned Headbutts x qcb KK today, a decent finisher from grab mode when I have meter. Someone here is going to tell me that's a terrible option, but no one is willing to give anything else.