• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Combos

Well with Beo + Bella(lnl) i get 7.8 meterless in the corner, and a few hundred less midscreen.

Edit: 7.7 if you wanna go for hard knockdown

That has been in the OP since the thread was made, are you actually looking for something specific that's not there?
Then I guess Rotanibor can't read? I dunno.

What are your assists @Rotanibor , or are you playing solo beo?
Assume solo, since those work with any assist.

Here's a quick Solo Wulf combo. I'm trying to find a good way to get a double snap from anywhere. This only works from mid-screen at most, but it works on everyone (though some of the timing can be tough).

whoops it's a reset but the tech is still there linking a Wulf Tackle into a jumping attack. [Note: The version that I did works on small light characters, there is a different version that works on tall light characters, and this tech doesn't work on the heavy characters, like Band Double and Robo.]

Reactions: C4IQ MOP
i'm starting to think people really don't care for Beowulf Tech/Resets outside of the known material...

The game all about experimenting and trying out new cool stuff and yet people stick to the all ready known, just saddens me a little.

Reactions: Cattfish
Hey all, new to Beo. I've learned the combos in the OP but I was wondering a few things.

- What midscreen combo should I be doing primarily?
- What is his core corner combo
- Should I be ending my combos in Canis press for hard knockdown or jazz hands? (The others do more damage but don't allow ample frame adv to set up anything)

- What should I be doing when I get a throw (Raw Clinch Up, assume 0 undizzy)

I've been scouring youtube and the forums, but the amount of data can be overwhelming (even for someone familiar with FGs). Thanks!

-Midscreen combo: (caio's)

-Corner Combo: (BALK's)

-Always Jazz Hands if Possible, if not then Canis Press onto Hurting. (Jazz Hands gives Beo more time to do either an actual cross up or a fake one covered by an assist.)

-Getting a raw throw or Wulf Shoot you should be doing 3 kicks then a headbutt if you do not have an assist that allows you to follow up after either another kick or grab finisher. (Note using an assist to follow up after a grab finisher will take away your otg so if you miss the follow up your opponent will be able to tech.)

this should be an okay starter for you. There is more stuff dealing with Chairless Beowulf Combos on the first page of this thread where CaioLugon shows some optimized combos.

Reactions: RaynEX
Here are some combos working around chairless beowulf.
focusing on getting more off of Wulfblitzer.

Reactions: Kyugetsuki
Hey all, new to Beo. I've learned the combos in the OP but I was wondering a few things.

- What midscreen combo should I be doing primarily?
- What is his core corner combo
- Should I be ending my combos in Canis press for hard knockdown or jazz hands? (The others do more damage but don't allow ample frame adv to set up anything)

- What should I be doing when I get a throw (Raw Clinch Up, assume 0 undizzy)

I've been scouring youtube and the forums, but the amount of data can be overwhelming (even for someone familiar with FGs). Thanks!

Personally
-midscreen wise it depends on the player, situation and opponents charaters. so theres no 1/2 combos to be using really, try and focus on always ending with slam or bulldog for now
-same as first answer in regards to corner combo
-i tend to not end in jazz hands due to if a chair i would go for a burst bait at the end of the combo. but jazz hands is a good ender
-i would say go for cr.lk, st.mk then light hurl or wulfbliterz after a clinch. this will allow for you to get a really decent combo and retain st.hk stagger.

i would say try and watch as much beowulf matches as possible and then work on what they are doing that works and if there is away to get around things that beowulf player seems to have problems with.

A midscreen meterless brass knuckle combo for lights. Starting chain has blitzer. Not much different than the other one I posted, but the timing on the chair vs the timing on the wulf blitzer is much different. Wulf blitzer is easier.
Does a bit more than 8k.

cr.lk, cr.mp, s.hk, brass knuckle, L wulf blitzer, 1
s.mp, s.hp, L hurtling hurl
hop s.mp, s.hk, wulf shoot 4 kicks 1 head
s.mk, cr.hp
cr.lp, cr.lk, s.mp(2), s.hk, wulf blitzer(3)
cr.mk, Kick, Da grendal killa

Last edited:
A midscreen meterless brass knuckle combo for lights. Starting chain has blitzer. Not much different than the other one I posted, but the timing on the chair vs the timing on the wulf blitzer is much different. Wulf blitzer is easier.
Does a bit more than 8k.

cr.lk, cr.mp, s.hk, brass knuckle, L wulf blitzer, 1
s.mp, s.hp, L hurtling hurl
hop s.mp, s.hk, wulf shoot 4 kicks 1 head
s.mk, cr.hp
s.lp, s.lk, s.mp(2), s.hk, wulf blitzer(3)
cr.mk, Kick, Da grendal killa

Which version of brass?

I am looking hard for easier snapback combos and it is hard... This is what I got.

Two Snapback combos both using brass. The second one other looks like my combo I made last post.

Both of them work on lights and mediums. Both don't go very far. The second one is more consistent. The first one is kind of inconsistent due to the hitboxes of wulf blitzer. Most of the time they hit only the point.

Another vid I wanted to upload, just showing some stuff off of H Hurl. Somethings you did know maybe somethings you didn't....... Well pretty much the last combo.lol

A midscreen, meterless, chairless, Beo H A-train combo that makes use of conversion off of Air Da Grendel Killa. Does 7.6k~ Works on everyone except BB and Double.

In case you don't like chairless cr.hp in your starter, you can do this instead which only works on lights >.<

cr.lk, cr.mp, s.hk, L wulf blitzer 2
j.lp, j.hp

From here on you can do the same things in the video.

Special note: The j.lk is there so that it would work on all medium weights and heavier. On all light weights you can go straight to j.hp if you want and save that tiny bit of undizzy.

Edit: You can do j.mk instead of j.lk on lights with the chairless cr.hp starter. Does like 300 more dmg.

Last edited:
Reactions: havick9
I am looking hard for easier snapback combos and it is hard... This is what I got.

Two Snapback combos both using brass. The second one other looks like my combo I made last post.

Both of them work on lights and mediums. Both don't go very far. The second one is more consistent. The first one is kind of inconsistent due to the hitboxes of wulf blitzer. Most of the time they hit only the point.

I've been looking for a combo that carrys 2 characters. I've been trying testing on peacock and bb (as Iam guessing if it works on them two it will cover most character combination. Almost got a full screen one but Iam just short. I'll work on it more later and upload my findings. Btw I did try looking for chairless double snaps but unless the chair is already in the corner Iam having no like as you can combo assist character after you clinch point character. The stagger doesnt last long enough and bulldog/grendal want let you hit them either.

starter cr.hp
j.mk, j.hk

Seems to be the best starter chains for double snaps.

Came up with this. Timing is quite universal it feels. Looks like @Bucky Barkley except the last few airchains are different. Note: Snap after medium like in the video or else lights will wall bounce or something and you will miss your snap and s.mk is the your best friend. I ended with s.mp, but you should end with s.mk.

Reactions: Bucky Barkley
AN aray of Combos using Beowulf and Robo Fortune.

This could help someone who has problems with Band and Double.

Ignore music, pls
'Maze Walker' is the best

yeah the double one should work... it's just that in the video you were a tad slow on the cr.mk hitgrab. Double landed and went into a blue bounce meaning she would have ground teched. Other than that the combo is fine.

yeah the double one should work... it's just that in the video you were a tad slow on the cr.mk hitgrab. Double landed and went into a blue bounce meaning she would have ground teched. Other than that the combo is fine.

You're right... Okay...
Updated version

I was checking out the beginner combos, and I have a question: Why does the first combo end with Geatish Trepak instead of Da Grendel Killa? Ending with Da Grendel Killa makes the combo do 4650 damage instead of 4175, and it's equally easy to execute imo.

I was checking out the beginner combos, and I have a question: Why does the first combo end with Geatish Trepak instead of Da Grendel Killa? Ending with Da Grendel Killa makes the combo do 4650 damage instead of 4175, and it's equally easy to execute imo.
It gives you a hard knockdown an allows you to mixup after, grendal killa lets to opponent tech away.

people use The dance finisher for setup. The opponent is in a hard knock down state when the move finishes. Giving Beowulf plenty of time to do either a crossup or a hop dash j.lk overhead, or any other kind of incoming mixup.

This is what Beowulf is all about. He can dish out damage but he can get the opponent on tilt with setups.

So hey. Damage.
12.5k in 2v2. Brass makes the L Chair -> dash MP link very lenient.
The Beowulf part by itself does 7.9k with c.MK->Knee->Killa because you can land on the chair, and is universal and easy.
You can do dash MK instead of dash LK on med/heavies, too.

Last edited:
Hi, so I made a beowulf combo because someone wanted something with Cilia slide, but I noticed this combo can be used universally, as far as I've tested, and does a full corner carrying them to the other corner. You can obviously increase damage by using different blitzers that carry less, and can also end with hard knock down.

Cilia slide is not a required assist, but an assist is required for the basic combo if you want to keep the chair or if you don't have it, you can replace the assist with others to do the same thing as long as it leaves them stunned long enough to pull off the j.mp/j.mk link, I tested it with a few others like Lock n' load, and despite being a pain in the ass to time, were still possible.

Here is a list of bullet points for why I think this combo is neat.
  • Requires no chair
  • Universal(?)
  • Full corner carry
  • Can end in whatever kind of knockdown you want
  • Assist can be replaced

I'd love any input on the combo? I don't really do stuff like this so I'm sure there's room for improvement.

Edit: Same combo but with l.chair toss instead of assist, sure it does decent damage but I didn't feel it was worth mentioning because you are as far away from your chair as humanly possible, you can do the same combo except with crossing up earlier if you want to be closer to the chair and potentially get it back, but oh well.

Last edited:
I'm back with another H train combo!!! :) and no video :( unfortunately.

Exactly 10k 1 bar corner
Works on lights only. End with a head for mediums.
cr.lk, cr.mp, s.hk, call H train, arm super
hop j.mp
s.hk Wulf Shoot 5 Kicks
s.mp(2), s.hk, L chair (cr.mp instead of s.mp for 47 more dmg)
s.mk, cr.hp
s.lp, s.lk, s.mp(2) s.hk L blitzer 8 2
cr.mk, kick da grendel killa

Reactions: pegglefrank
I'm back with another H train combo!!! :) and no video :( unfortunately.

Exactly 10k 1 bar corner
Works on lights only. End with a head for mediums.
cr.lk, cr.mp, s.hk, call H train, arm super
hop j.mp
s.hk Wulf Shoot 5 Kicks
s.mp(2), s.hk, L chair (cr.mp instead of s.mp for 47 more dmg)
s.mk, cr.hp
s.lp, s.lk, s.mp(2) s.hk L blitzer 8 2
cr.mk, kick da grendel killa

HP Brass would be a lot better in that scenario. IIRC, the scaling caused by "A" Train makes it much, much less efficient than brass up until about 7 or 8 hits. Anything before then, Brass. Anything after that, Train. The scaling should theoretically be a lot more noticeable with Arm than it is with SSJ, too.

The combo should work the same, although you won't have time to build hype. Still, Train usually works better toward the end of the combo because it 1. deals more damage than brass and 2. gives you time to build hype. Using it at the beginning of a combo is more controversial, as it no longer offers increased damage, and its only benefit over Brass is that it gives you time to build hype.

HP Brass would be a lot better in that scenario. IIRC, the scaling caused by "A" Train makes it much, much less efficient than brass up until about 7 or 8 hits. Anything before then, Brass. Anything after that, Train. The scaling should theoretically be a lot more noticeable with Arm than it is with SSJ, too.

The combo should work the same, although you won't have time to build hype. Still, Train usually works better toward the end of the combo because it 1. deals more damage than brass and 2. gives you time to build hype. Using it at the beginning of a combo is more controversial, as it no longer offers increased damage, and its only benefit over Brass is that it gives you time to build hype.

Frank(ly), I dont think you know what you're talking about.

Actually H brass doesn't even work in this scenario and H brass changes a lot of things in this case.
First, you can't do this in the corner because the enemy won't be high enough to convert off arm super. In order to convert arm, you need to be midscreen.
Second, you can't taunt in this combo just s.lp anyways because arm super has a lot of recovery.
Third, the arm super requires OTG to convert off of which means the only way I'm going to end it with a hit grab is through chair special at the end of the combo which is 1000 less scaled damage.
Fourth, H train does more than help build hype. It does more damage than Brass(Just based off evidence which is 8.8k corner and 8.6k midscreen both meterless which are my combos), it makes you build more meter than the opponent even while doing full combo, it lets you convert off arm super without OTG, it lets you convert off Da Grendel Killa midscreen.
Fifth, the downside to H train is that it does red health damage.

Edit: And if you want another benefit of H train though unrelated to this combo, you can do 7.3k midscreen with chair at 100% undizzy meterless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparties and JDbbx
-snip-

Nevermind what I said. You wrote "call H Train," which confused me because usually people write down where the assist should land and not when you call it. It's better to write when you should call the assist, like you did, but I assumed you meant that train would happen before arm because it was written before it. It's my bad, but IMO if you're going to write it like that, you should also write down when the assist lands, like "call 'A' Train" for the point in the chain in which you call the assist and "'A' Train Assist" for when the assist actually goes off and hits the opponent.

What I said would apply if you were doing Arm after Train, which would be pretty dumb all things considered because Train puts the opponent at a set height and makes OTG after Arm rather difficult. Brass doesn't put the opponent at a certain height and wouldn't scale Arm, so to me, it looked like a purely superior choice.

Made another Beowulf assist combo. I mentioned the last one I posted could be done with locknload assist as well which made me want to use it. This one is also universal on characters on the couple that I tested it on, but the timing can be questionable like with all Beowulf combos.

There is a variant you can do that does about 100 less damage but also deprives them of about 1/6th a bar of meter if instead of c.hp at the end you do s.hk and chair cancel with take a seat into the final string. That variant is also much easier in my opinion but these combos that have been posted always seem to be about squeezing as much damage out as possible so I don't feel like rocking the boat to make it more viable. Personally if I ever do the combo I'm going to do all punches instead of kicks in the grab stance to deprive meter, but that's me.

Maybe my combos could be better if I felt like jumping...

so i am learning beowulf, i am still practicing combos but here it is one for now, its 7k meterless ending in Da grendel Killa

Reactions: Wenzel
i always have it on...unless i put it off and remember to set it back.

yeah its on.
okay just want to make sure cause it looked like Bella was about to shake out of the combo just before cr.hp hit.

stagger into cr.hp is possible its kinda tricky when they shake tho

Was looking for corner combos against heavies and didn't find any in the OP, so I came up with my own. Apologies if something similar was posted earlier in the thread.

c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,
j.mk, j.hp,
c.mp, s.hp xx H. Hurting Hurl,
hop j.mp,
s.hk,
s.mk, c.hp,
s.lp, s.lk, s.mp (mic drop), s.hk xx L. Wulf Blitzer, 9K, 2K,
otg c.mk, Naegling Knee Lift, Da Grendel Killa.

It deals 6900 dmg.

Edit: another route (7050 dmg)

c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,
j.mk, j.hp,
c.mp, s.hp xx H. Hurting Hurl,
hop j.mp,
s.hk xx Wulf Shot,
Naegling Knee Lift x4, Berserker Headbutt,

Edit: you can do even more

c.lk, c.mp, s.hk xx H. Hurting Hurl,
hop j.mp,
s.hk xx Wulf Shot,
Naegling Knee Lift x4, Berserker Headbutt,
c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,

^this results in 7196 dmg.

Last edited: