• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Thread: Retiring from Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
For real though, I really like Beowulf's Hop Dash because Persona 4 Arena is my second favorite fighting game and the hop mechanic that everyone has is something I really enjoy. Being able to do a strong overhead attack from standing position is something I'll use a lot.

Levi confirmed for EVO 2020 Skullgirls on the Vita Champ

That air throw reminds me of the air version of Bowser's Flying Slam from Smash
not air version but what the move looks like --->
250px-Sacrificial_KO_Bowser_Brawl.gif

I always thought it was purposefully more like this.

Hugomoonsaultpress.gif

Oh well yeah that makes more sense

I'm really liking the new Beowulf stuff, The Hurting has finally been freed although she can't do much at the moment. That air finisher from grab mode looks brutal, I hope it has a lot of directional freedom.
Mike emphasized that Beowulf is going to have a lot more than what we're seeing so those of you who are less than excited for him, don't pass judgement just yet.

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
Nah, pass judgment. We are well beyond giving a good goram what the internet thinks before he's done. He ain't even got specials yet!
well i think his grab finishers are pretty "special" cause there are going to be multiple finishers for both on the ground and in the air that are also dependent whether or not Beowulf has the Hurting with him. you showing off the dance finisher and the frog splash basically confirmed that.

Is it safe to say that he'll have at least 1-2 supers that involve first being in grab mode or that can cancel out of grab mode finishers (like frog splash)?

Is it safe to say that he'll have at least 1-2 supers that involve first being in grab mode or that can cancel out of grab mode finishers (like frog splash)?
Grab mode finishers are command throws, so you'd be able to supercancel them anyway...

I just had a picture in my mind of beowulf being in the final parts of the frog splash and suddenly standing up to do a super and how visually jarring it would be. Still, you guys will probably account for that, so all in all, stupid question.

When's video with the latest updates?

Last edited:
Reactions: SoulBlueFlash
Normal grab confirmed. Where are my unmarked bills?

Also more quotes from kinuko

@Cheesaurus: @kinucakes What falls under "Etc"?” Tag in/out, snapback, burst, taunt, assist taunt, and for Beo specifially, chair pickup."

"@meauxdal No way of knowing until it's done, but in the past it's been between 1200-1500 frames, I think!"

Reactions: Kuzlalala
I still don't think they'll be normal throws. I think it will be something like... Beowulf has all these move finishers, but if you want positioning you can press forward or back when in grab mode to send them that way (like a normal grab finisher). Would be cool like that.

Then why separate it at all?

So that they can give all "normal" grabs to one contractor. He has at least 3; forward, back and air.

But that same logic is implying 20% of the normals were done by the same contractor. I'm pretty sure the pieces of the pie indicate nothing at all other than what needs to be done as a whole.

Last edited:
I don't know but unless you use one of his grab mode enabling normals, grab input is grab mode. So then do you only get grab mode if you neutral grab? Doesn't seem reliable. Unless it's changed to a command grab, but I doubt that happening.

Not sure if this has been answered yet or not, but can you cancel Beowulf's dash early (or "short hop") like you can with Sasquatch/Talbain/Rikuo/Felicia from Vampire Savior?

Beowulf has his first Blockbuster! A massive punch with Grendel's Arm that flies across the screen!
This references an old fighting game move, although I don't know what. He has all of his normals now, as well as his first special attack in which he kicks The Hurting across the field. He is very close to the beta now.

I have to sleep so I can't participate in the discussion, be sure to get as much content on this thread as you can!

It's apparently a reference to Dead On Time from
Guilty Gear I think, one of Slayer's supers.

@trainedbydeath

Dude ... no ... making that thread is cute and shit but come on. IT'S NOT BIONIC ARM IT'S NEVER GOING TO BE A BIONIC ARM OKAY?!

sigh... now that we got that shit out of the way. Beo is looking mighty fine and he should be coming to beta next week if this trend of the weekly updates that Mike has been doing for Beo continues.

I mean I know it's not meant to reference Bionic Arm and such, the attributes are different and all, but the comparison's there, it's not entirely baseless.

I mean I know it's not meant to reference Bionic Arm and such, the attributes are different and all, but the comparison's there, it's not entirely baseless.
doesn't matter, Mike says it ain't based off of Bionic arm, and i'm going to go with the guy who is making the Wulf here. so yeah.

doesn't matter, Mike says it ain't based off of Bionic arm, and i'm going to go with the guy who is making the Wulf here. so yeah.

No one's saying it's BASED OFF the Bionic Arm, but it's similar enough to warrant comparison.

No one's saying it's BASED OFF the Bionic Arm, but it's similar enough to warrant comparison.
what ever I'm not letting this stupid thing of people calling the Grendal Arm or what ever piss on my happy party of Beo now being so close to beta I can taste him.

what ever I'm not letting this stupid thing of people calling the Grendal Arm or what ever piss on my happy party of Beo now being so close to beta I can taste him.
I unfortunately really want to ask if it tastes metallic ;-;

ALmost want to say Bloodia punch, but it doesn't move you forward as much, so no on that one too.

Eh... Terry Bogard's "Burn Knuckle" maybe?

terry-ff3-burning.gif

Hah, those banners of other characters are such a tease. :P If a sequel was to be released and that was the roster I'd be happy.

And of course I love Beowulf even more than the other DLC chars, which is good considering I voted for him. :P

Beowulf grab mode is not his normal throws, normal throw input for grab mode is temporary.

You guys really can't tell the difference between Dead on Time and Bionic Arm or is it a don't care just want to force the reference because meme?

doesn't matter, even double's car was being called compared to it, this IS gonna be bionic arm

Grendel's Aaaaarm!

tbh, it makes sense just because its an arm. Im gonna call it bionic arm because of that anyway. (I'd probs appreciate dead on time if I played the game but eh XD)

EDIT: also, anyone notice the chair banner if you dont have a full team?

63c45bde11.jpg

Im thinking thats his symbol, anyone agree?

Reactions: BallotBoxer
The big question I have is if whether the chair acts like a normal projectile and stops when it gets hit by another or if it's more like Eliza's couch. Because if it's closer to the latter that could be a really good Peacock assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.