• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Thread: Retiring from Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard some people talking about Beo's palette 4 and 5 recently, and I was wondering where that would've been shown?
Did I miss a Salty or animation stream?

wait woah what? really? I must have missed something too.

I only know of Batman and Ryker which I assume are the first two? (as in literally #1 and #2)

The default counts as one as well.
So that's #1 (Beowulf), #2 (Batman), and #3 (Ryker).

The default counts as one as well.
So that's #1 (Beowulf), #2 (Batman), and #3 (Ryker).

oh right. That makes sense, I often not counted the default because it made sense to me not to... Ill keep it mind tho

so that means theres unconfirmed shadowy internet shenangigans involving two extra palettes, the plot thickens

I'm always skeptical when I hear things without seeing them, like Beo's supposed palettes 4 and 5. And since none of the hardcore Beowulf fans on this thread have brought it up, or new what I was talking about, I'll probably just assume they don't exist until proven otherwise.
The guy I heard was pretty certain that they existed. Might of been one of those times some delusion guy thought his fanon was fact. God that's always annoying and happens with disturbing frequencies.

I'm always skeptical when I hear things without seeing them, like Beo's supposed palettes 4 and 5. And since none of the hardcore Beowulf fans on this thread have brought it up, or new what I was talking about, I'll probably just assume they don't exist until proven otherwise.
The guy I heard was pretty certain that they existed. Might of been one of those times some delusion guy thought his fanon was fact. God that's always annoying and happens with disturbing frequencies.

Rebel Up happened, and Mike showed off Beowulf changes. He has two new palettes, Wolverine and an original one that is not as cool as Wolverine.

Beowulf.jpg

Iebattlegrounds youtube channel will upload that part. Keep an eye out on twitter.

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
so his missing normals... standing HP, Jumping HP, jumping LP? and a backthrow. have I missed any?

so his missing normals... standing HP, Jumping HP, jumping LP? and a backthrow. have I missed any?

I don't think he's got c.MP yet.
He's got j.LP though, it's just a chop.
Also the nature of his throws means that he's missing quite a few more throws than just a backthrow, and they could also be considered more specials than normals.

Last edited:
I don't think he's got c.MP yet.
He's got j.LP though, it's just a chop.
Also the nature of his throws means that he's missing quite a few more throws than just a backthrow, and they could also be considered more specials than normals.

c.MP is the Haggar muscle flex thing IIRC?

I thought that was LP.
Fuck, I don't know.
c.LP is the palm thrust. I was a little confused to see that the OTG Grab is done via a kick.

suggestion
they dont take suggestions from fans also his moveset is probably already decided this late into development

they dont take suggestions from fans also his moveset is probably already decided this late into development
Yea ninja already told me this, but thanks for telling me though.

oops, sorry it didnt load all the posts because of how little i visist this forum :<

I'm still holding out for a dash or roll or lunge. Really any movement based move with special properties.
I'm not forgetting about those El Fuerte and R. Mika influences.

I'm still holding out for a dash or roll or lunge. Really any movement based move with special properties.
I'm not forgetting about those El Fuerte and R. Mika influences.

He really needs something, because that dash is not good for mobility at all. Both dashes don't seem that great honestly. I feel like he's going to have some kind of run or a wulf mode. Kinda like painwheels fly but grounded. Gets down on all fours, puts the hood on and moves across the screen rapidly.

Reactions: Denizen
The german rush grab would be fun. Heavily scaled I might add, but fun.

Reactions: Denizen
At least when he is chairless he makes up for maneuverability in part with range and armored frames.
Really curious how he'll turn out.

So as more of Beowulf's moves get revealed one question keeps coming up in my head.
How is all of this going to function in the story-mode? Because if he's a grab happy character than there is one character that a lot of his moveset is going to be useless against, that being Marie. I've always had my problems with Marie's design because she invalidates a lot of strategies you would use against normal characters, but for the most part you can just power through her fights by cheesing the fight.

I don't know where Beo's story would pan out but I can think of one boss tier character that could serve the role of mechanically consistent opponent, as well as thematically appropriate enemy; Eliza. She's a celebrity so she might have had some prior interaction with Beowulf, her overall gameplay design is fair but also challenging, and Beowulf really doesn't have any obvious ties to the Skullheart like Big Band did so him being a dude going after the Skullgirl really only seems like a "fight a powerful opponent" or "Save the populus" kind of story. I'd be in favor of eschewing the standard Marie fight and just having a throwdown with the blood goddess.

Whatever the boss character, the final fight screen should be him doing a Haggar-Style piledriver.
haggar_piledriving_a_shark_by_jnkboy-d3col7g.jpg
an_ant_taking_on_the_sun_by_matsu_sensei-d39y89x.png

I nominate this piledriver (starts around 6:05)

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
[BEOWULF IDLE]

Oh, they stole it from a lab zero blog post:
http://labzerogames.com/1029-indiegogo-update/

Anyone catch the recent lab zero stream? Personasama animated this tumbling grapple involving a somersaulting roll, prey in hand, ending with a crushing belly flop.

It's an air grab. The steps are shown here in the top right:

Last edited:
Thinking about it c.hk sounds really good, 2 hits of armor and then you have an invincible tech, probably a good maneuvering tool

Reactions: maysey
Just found this on the Wikia.
Something of this quality so soon almost makes me doubt its legitimacy... o_0
I was staring at this for like three minutes straight, it looks sooo goood.

Its from the last backer update

Oh, they stole it from a lab zero blog post:
http://labzerogames.com/1029-indiegogo-update/

Anyone catch the recent lab zero stream? Personasama animated this tumbling grapple involving a somersaulting roll, prey in hand, ending with a crushing belly flop.

It's an air grab. The steps are shown here in the top right:

Levi confirmed for EVO 2020 Skullgirls on the Vita Champ

That air throw reminds me of the air version of Bowser's Flying Slam from Smash
not air version but what the move looks like --->
250px-Sacrificial_KO_Bowser_Brawl.gif

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Status
Not open for further replies.