• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beta Wulf Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear @Mike_Z , wasn't this supposed to stagger?
i also wasnt supposed to combo, j.mk has a recovery period after he lands but apparently it can be cancelled (chained?) into s.hk

try j.mk into low j.hk (whiff) s.hk

edit: tried and worked

Last edited:
Since s. HK only staggers when not chained into, I think the game might see the landing recovery of j. MK the same way it sees the recovery of s. MK, so it thinks you're chaining s. MK into s. HK, and it doesn't stagger. The fact that I've been able to cancel landing j. MK into either of his Heavy attacks but none of his Light or Medium attacks seems to support this.

EDIT: Mike Z beat me to this one.

OK so Apparently if you C.mk grab a KO's Character on the flop before their KO'd self moves to the backround, and they throw tech, the AI will still be up right with no health. It wont move and will only call assist, I havnt punched they "zombie" AI but juset thought id point it out.

Edit : hitting them KO's them for good

So you can stagger out of j.MK, it's just harder.

Yes yes, you don't have to mention that dead characters stand up anymore, I already fixed it here, thanks everyone.

OK so Apparently if you C.mk grab a KO's Character on the flop before their KO'd self moves to the backround, and they throw tech, the AI will still be up right with no health. It wont move and will only call assist, I havnt punched they "zombie" AI but juset thought id point it out.

Edit : hitting them KO's them for good

Also, as a part of this. I was playing a match where I combo'd into a.hp as I killed, the tech happened and then they did their time out animation and died.

Not sure if this is intentional or not, but as long as Beowulf is above his chair's position; he can grab the chair even while jumping or super jumping.

Reactions: erkicman
So he can link c.lp into s.lk/c.lk but cannot do s.lp into s.lk/c.lk.

Yeah Beowulf is making me rethink how I do combos.
Not being able to do s.LP->s.LK/c.LK is fuckin' weird for me.

Am I the only one that thinks that Beowulf needs a way to be able to grab chairs that are in the corner that he normally wouldn't be able to due to the size of his opponent? Heck, even with some normal sized characters, trying to grab the chair can get a bit hit of miss.

Am I the only one that thinks that Beowulf needs a way to be able to grab chairs that are in the corner that he normally wouldn't be able to due to the size of his opponent? Heck, even with some normal sized characters, trying to grab the chair can get a bit hit of miss.

wasnt there something in the recent patch about that?

wasnt there something in the recent patch about that?
Oh damn, didn't notice that there was a patch.

How can you avoid Air HP-chairless-grab? it is like that has awesome priority and I was playing with someone spamming that with the aerial slam finisher over and over I even tried that and he can't avoid that thing either.

That is a good reason but seriously, it is like you only need to block high but sometimes that fails for some reason.

Will Beowulf get a chairless win pose or will he drag the chair to him after the finish?

I know the chair version can crossup and I think the chairless can too. If Beowulf is up close then use a grab or something that is faster than the chairless air move.

Last edited:
I know the chair version can crossup and I think the chairless can too. If Beowulf is up close than use a grab or something that is faster than the chairless air move.

Maybe is that, also for AI, Eliza and Big Band doesn't have any idea how to block that, It seems Parasoul is the smartest one and she blocks it a lot.

I don't like that he's the only character that can't do at least 2 lights in a chain

Soooo, can you pick chairless assist?

I don't like that he's the only character that can't do at least 2 lights in a chain
Can't he link c.LP->c.LK?

Use c.lp then use s.lk or c.lk. s.lp can't link into his light kick. His s.lp is worse than his c.lp since there is currently no hype system to get the most out it.

Can't he link c.LP->c.LK?
lol he can, didn't even try it, forgot s.lp had special properties to come.

Reactions: Denizen
Maybe is that, also for AI, Eliza and Big Band doesn't have any idea how to block that, It seems Parasoul is the smartest one and she blocks it a lot.
Wait, is your complaint that the AI isn't blocking it?

Wait, is your complaint that the AI isn't blocking it?

It isn't a complain, I just wanted to see how the AI blocks that and I just said here what I watched, that some characters just don't do nothing against that.

Oh yeah he was supposed to have s.LP->LKs I mucked that up.

@Sting
Chairless j.HP isn't a crossup, and it's always blockable high...

so can we just not throw backwards into assist calls?

The timing for grab mode followups feel really awkward and weird to me :^/
Be more specific? Too much time before you can input one after grabbing, or what?

Be more specific? Too much time before you can input one after grabbing, or what?
Yeah, theres just barely too much time before i can input one after i grab them.

2014-11-23_00001.jpg

I gotta admit I giggled when I saw this.

Reactions: Cash
Just wondering the reason why cr.mk without chair wont chain into cr.hp (as in combo to stagger and then want to do cr.mk - cr.hp )? Or is it to stop 3+ cr.hp loops from happening?

If you're using a light before, c.mp deals more damage.

Played around with Beowulf for a little bit in training mode. Here are some of the things I thought. Everything done vs Filia.

-Why is his grab shorter if he has the chair? I don't like that. I thought it was fine with him just having a shorter grab period off of attack moves that put him in grab mode.

-chair j.hp looks like it should knock down. It just seems like a move that should swat the opponent out of the air, like Bella's s.hp. Any other character with a downward thrusting move tends to send the opponent down, but using j.hp actually knocks them up a bit. If it doesn't swat down, at least push them down a bit.

-j.mk and j.hp push Beowulf back a little bit when done to someone in the corner. It looks sorta awkward.

-Is there anything you won't be able to do off of j.hp grab? Cause you can still get the air finisher off of it against a grounded opponent. Is it just to make air stuff harder without actually removing the option?

-It looks silly when the opponent bursts chairless c.hp. I know the move has armor, but still.

-why aren't the chairtoss moves done with kick? j.hk gets rid of chair, kk picks up chair, but qcf p to throw chair? It's weird. Would prefer all of the chair buttons to be either punch or kick (everything but j.hk can be a punch and that'd be fine too).

-you can do j.mk, hop-j.mk, j.mk. I find that hilarious for some reason, and thought I'd share. I can also get 4 j.hp's in a combo. I also enjoy that.

-while in someone's face, jump back, j.hp, s.hk, dash up combo works. I like that.

-I wish hop-j.hp worked. Maybe if j.hp was a tiny bit faster? Cause if I do it fast enough, I can see him go horizontal before he lands. Also, hop j.hk can put the chair down without actually attacking the opponent. Just gently stand the chair up, that's how a gentleman operates.

-c.hp, j.mp, j.hp misses if you delay the j.mp just a bit, even though it looks like it should hit. It seems to do it more often if you jump forward in the corner.

-s.mp, pause, release combos the mic. Don't know if that's intentional. It can combo into c.hp, meaning you can get multiple micdrops in a single combo (meaning whatever that means for the hype mechanic).

-It would be cool if I could cancel chairless c.hp into chair pickup. His other moves cancel into chair pickup. I'm guessing the reason is "chairless moves can't cancel into chair pickup" but so what boo.

-chair being an overhead on chairtoss seems like it could be really good. Thankfully none of his moves are good enough on block to go into any of the tosses, but you can still end a combo with something, mp chair and you got yourself an assist-style mixup. You're close enough to go low, or hopdash overhead, or walk up throw, and on every option except throw they're forced to then deal with the overhead (that seems like it beats most reversal attempts). And you can also call assist on any of those options, of course. In the corner, ending a combo with mp chair, c.lk, chair, c.lk, c.mk/c.mp (or s.mp mic drop, for the coming hype mechanic) seems REALLY good. Even if they pushblock, the chair will negate the first c.lk's push, and if they push the chair the second c.lk negates that push. So within an instant they HAVE to downback, back, downback, and if any of those hit you can just go into your combo. And if you're in the corner, calling mp chair will get a slow overhead, and hp chair will get you a much faster overhead. And the opponent has NO way of knowing when the chair will come down, and you can on hp chair do c.mk to get the overhead first, or mp chair c.mk to get the low first. I'm not sure how many characters can beat this option without meter (also, while looking at this, I noticed that mp chair against Eliza who's set to lvl 3 on reversal will hit her out of the super as long as she doesn't hit Beowulf. Don't know if that's a bug, and if it's a bug who is the problem character).

Status
Not open for further replies.