• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Betawulf Reigns Supreme! More like Alphawolf! check CaioLugon's thread which will be more updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more screwing around:

Only for lights afaik.

Also, related to my previous combo, it is really hard to get consistenly on mediumweights.
c.lk c.mp c.hp
j.lk j.mp j.hp
j.mk j.hk
s.lk c.mp c.hp
s.mk s.hk xx chair pick
s.lp c.mp s.hk xx H/M chair toss xx Grendel arm

The two chains in bold are the problem.
On lights, the third chain should pop OTG, and you can still pick them up with s.mk after c.hp.
On heavies, the third chain must be a restand, and you have to use your OTG to pick them up with s.mk after c.hp
On mids, the j.mk j.hk restand is insanely inconsistent. I've managed to do it only two times after a lot of tries. The problem is that you can't pick them up with s.mk and this is sad.

So are you guys having all your combos end without the chair on purpose? It seems to me like it would be better to get the chair back at the end of the combo.
It is because he only has his chair toss as special for now. Until he gets something else, we'll have to stick with chair toss at the end of combos for extra damage.

Last edited:
My highest damage combo midscreen 1 meter. I don't know if it works on everyone.
c.lk,c.mk,c.hp, j.mk, j.hp, Grendel arm super, c.lk c.hp, j.mp, j.hp,
jump, j.lp, j.hp, jump, j.lk, j.hp, s.lp, s.lk, s.mk, c.hp, M/H chair toss, s.hp, headbutt, forward+P finisher
Does around 7250 damage. If you don't do the finisher then it is around 6500. 7600 spending more meter. I think it's weird that it doesn't trigger undizzy.

Hitgrabs don't trigger undizzy, iirc.

It is because he only has his chair toss as special for now. Until he gets something else, we'll have to stick with chair toss at the end of combos for extra damage.

Considering you can do about 6-6.5k without tossing the chair at the end the little bonus in damage just doesn't seem worth it either way.

I originally had a combo that was 6663 and was going to title this the combo of the beast + 3 but didnt get it on vid.

heres my 6.689 corner c.LK combo

edit: bah. looks like the video isnt done processing. i was fooled. give it sometime. sorry for the tech difficulty

Edit2: the video should be fine now.

Last edited:
So are you guys having all your combos end without the chair on purpose? It seems to me like it would be better to get the chair back at the end of the combo.

Personally I've been building both combos that end with the chair and without the chair, as well as combos that allow you to choose whether or not you end with the chair. There seem to be advantages to both, so I'd say it's more of a situational choice that will have to be made mid-game.

Ending with chair: Having the chair gives you some nice options, plus the chair can be used fairly effectively in a blockstring. You also have access to J.Hp with chair, which is a good move that has a large hitbox, great crossup potential, and allows for easy conversions. He also has access to his standard launcher.

Ending without chair: Beowulf has really good control over where he leaves his chair relative to his position on screen at various points during a combo. Having the chair on the ground and right next to you at the end of a combo can be very advantageous to Beowulf if he can keep up the pressure. He gets access to C.Hp which is a decent armored option and C.Hk which is a large sweep that allows you to tech, as well as chair-less J.hp which, though not too damaging on its own, is a decent mixup and it gives you some control over positioning on hit. Furthermore, starting with the chair on the ground not only allows you to use the chair to cancel most of your normals, but it also opens up the possibility of some different combo paths.

Of course he also doesn't have all of his specials or supers yet, so things are likely to change as some of his other moves start to trickle in.

also to note. s.hp(w/chair) is a pretty decent anti-air at times. ive found it pretty useful for that.

Reactions: Skullmageddon
Is picking up the chair automatic. Beowulf just doesn't want to pick up the chair when I play.

you gotta press 2 kick buttons when standing over the chair.
can only pick up the chair when it's not shaded dark. so in combos if you toss the chair you have to lengthen the combo until the chair is active for pickup

Cool Video clip

A corner to corner with the new special. lights only

cool glad it works in some way :D
was working on something like that but using highs to lows, didnt think of using lows. built up dizzy super fast so i failed. good job mang.

Last edited:
Something im working with, it builds undizzy fast but for the mean time it uses most of all his specials

I dub it the Beta-Chair-Cannon-Fist-Slam

Reactions: Fumako and SkullMan

A universal combo that does 6k.
Against lights you can make the j.mp not otg and do cr.mk into a grab mode finisher for a little extra damage.

More idle combocrafting, one from throws and a new ender setup for the cr.LK combo. Still just poking Filia/Fukua.

You can use the ender from the throw combo if you want to trade some damage for keeping the chair and getting better frame advantage.

Reactions: KidPanda
Switch places in the Turnbuckle

using 1 meter

using a grab finisher (you can do 1 headbutt before the slam at the end, adds a small bit of damage but not by much)

edit: some fun burst bait idea (with a crappy punish)

Last edited:
Beowulf/Cerebella 5 meter TOD. It's insanely easy to do, and goes full screen so you get to end in the corner.

Reactions: SmashBlade
Combo I was using at the tournament (No Wulf dash and poor damage) 5.7k
c.lk c.mk c.hp j.lk* j.mk j.hp jump forward j.lp* j.mp c.mp c.hp M chair toss
c.lk c.mp c.hp s.lp s.mk c.hp Grendel arm super
*Switching these can make the combo easier on some but takes away the ability to do it othere characters like Beowulf

If you want to keep the chair or you don't want to use meter, you can finish with M tackle up+k up+k for 6.4k damage.

Frustrated at my computer for not being able to try this so can someone try this and let me know if it works on filia/how much damage it deals?

LK, c.MP, c.HP, 236MK>9K>2K(whiff)
c.MP, HP, 236LP,
dash j.MP,
HK(stagger), MK, c.HP
LP, c.MP, HK, pick up chair,
c.LK, c.MP, HK, 236LK>8K>3K,
c.MK(otg), 6P ender

Last edited:
It works, 5 undizzy left, and I didn't manage to do the whole combo because I suck at hop j.mp.

a couple combos and their variations. gonna write them down later since its getting late.

I came up with a really easy combo that seems to work on everyone. I don't think it works in corners, unfortunately.
c.HP, Grendel Super
LK, MK, HK, 236LP,
LP, MK, c.HP, Grendel Super

Here's some corner stuff with Wulf using the cannon, I forgot to pick up the chair in the last chain, but you can pick up the chair back if you want. I'm gonna polish this one later, I can add another chain in there.

Ok, I did an edit on that combo, proper chair pick up included.

Reactions: Denizen
Midnight Tech. Havent played much in the last couple nights. this just came to mind.
Heres some bursting corner 2 corner for different weights

Double Fisting

Bella Fisting

Fortune Fisting

only tried it on double so far. might work on all heavies. i dunno. im going to sleep now.
The burst bait is pretty universal though. just gotta tweak it around a bit depending on weight issues.

Edit 1:30am added bella and fortune jsut because.

Last edited:
only tried it on double so far. might work on all heavies. i dunno. im going to sleep now.
The burst bait is pretty universal though. just gotta tweak it around a bit depending on weight issues.
Don't you want to punish bursts with heavy/medium normals to get fat undizzy bonuses (Counterhit)? Beowulf is super low on strings, though (I feel like stuff like the air series you're doing are very important to his damage...)

Do j.HP > Dead Arm Time for a cool -100 Undizzy and the same IPS scaling.

yea probably. mostly concepting ideas right now. im sure it could be optimzed further.

I think I might have figured out a way to switch sides mid combo and end in the same way. I'll test stuff when I'm not as sleepy.

You can change directions with a beast cannon starter if you want. I think Beo can probably full/near full carry from anywhere on screen, even if he crosses up and carries them backwards towards that corner.

It's easy to do it from the starter but the goal was to do it later on in the combo so you have enough distance away from the wall to be able to otg after the super.

6.6k corner to corner that works on lights and mids. It can work on heavies if you do j.lk then j.mp instead of hop j.mp but it's like a 1-3 frame link so I wouldn't recommend doing it.

Reactions: Nixonesque
Some whack ass Beowulf burst punish. its pretty meh

I dont know what im doing. im just mashing buttons with my face :(

edit: oh man i know what to do to extend it at the end now.... though some reason i cant get the 9k damage anymore cant tell what im doing wrong now.

Last edited:
Totally not cool or practical, just put as many of the same wulf cannons as i could into a combo.

hmmm. it's meterless so if you're in a pinch you can do this for 5.6k and you can swap out the knees for headbutts to get more meter at the cost of damage.

overall it's just dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.