• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Betawulf Reigns Supreme! More like Alphawolf! check CaioLugon's thread which will be more updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got one that does just under 7k I think. I'll post it when I get home.

Eh I'll just type it out for now

LK, c.MP, HK, 236LP,
dash j.MK,
HK(stagger),
MK, c.HP,
MP, HK, pick up chair,
LK, c.MP, c.HP, 236PP Super,
c.MK, K, 2K finisher

I think it did 6.9k and probably room for damage improvement somewhere.

Last edited:
some simple corner-2-corner combo that keeps the chair. 2 meter 7033k (tossing the hp chair at the end adds 55dmg)

can probably work on the corner just as well. im lazy to see who it works with.

I believe that people have yet to see WHY Wulf Cannon is just so good. It makes for a great mobility tool, a perfect battery during combos, and if blocked can be canceled into it's downward version to make it safe and/ or positive on block ( up to 7 frames ) So Let's have a Bro Fist in acceptance of this awesome move for the Wulf.

I'm assuming you weren't going for optimization right? You could have optimized that by a lot more, including a c.MK at the end.

I'm assuming you weren't going for optimization right? You could have optimized that by a lot more, including a c.MK at the end.
well duh yeah. go into c.mk one knee into Bulldog and it's good.

yea his beast cannon is legit good. love it but i always forget its there when i dont play for a couple days.

@Ninja can I get the song name of the video the wulf cannon one

Why is everyone confirming with 2LK 2MP, when 2MK exists?

I also never had a problem with it. Doesn't c.mp reach further than c.mk though?

I also never had a problem with it. Doesn't c.mp reach further than c.mk though?
While true, 2MK hits from max 2LK hitting range so in that confirm situation it will never be a problem.

2MK over 2MP always for confirms.

2MK is +4, 2MP is -6, one lets you reset pressure, one can be jab punished..... that is not a small difference and it actually confuses me that people are using it in their BnB videos, I think people are just addicted to numbers.

@Prototype, I'm trying that combo but the mic drop doesn't hit fast enough to combo. How did you do that for the video?

@Prototype, I'm trying that combo but the mic drop doesn't hit fast enough to combo. How did you do that for the video?
If you hold the MP button for just a slight bit and then release it, he will drop the mic. You don't have to hold the button the entire time.

You can release MP earlier than the full duration, timing is a bit awkward but very lenient once you know how delayed it is.

So what are optimal combo routes now?

What I've come up with for now is:

2LK 2MK > 5HK xx 236LK > 8K > 2/3K
j.MK OTG
2MP 5HP xx 236LP
j.MP
5HK
5MK 2HP
2LP 2MP xx KK
2LK 2MP 5HK xx 236MP/HP

Are the wolf cannon starters not optimal? I feel I am cramming lots of heavy hits in but not cracking 6k meterless, not cracking 7k with a super even.

Haven't tested it on everyone I'm sure there is a character that also breaks it totally.

The only way I've been able to break 7K with meter is if I don't use up my otg mid combo and do c.MK into finisher after the super.

Unless there is some attack or something that deals more damage that we can implement, I really do feel like Beowulf warrants some damage buffs here and there.

I just had a power outage and was testing something small but people might be interested.

236LK > 8K > 3K/2K seems to be the optimal wulf cannon starter that is universal?

236LK > 8K > 3K with fastest timing works on most of the cast without crossing up, I tested exactly who.

Works easy:

Fili/ukua
Beowulf
Peacock
Cerebella
Valentine
Big Band

Works if you crouch for a few frames after landing:
Fortune
Painwheel

Parasoul/Squigly - very finnicky, it does work but if you want to land a dash medium like the combo I listed above the link is very tight, you need to crouch for a long time or you will cross up. I wouldn't bother on these 2.

Doesn't work:
Eliza
Double

On all of the characters (except Eliza/Double obviously, on whom it will always work) you can delay the second cannon to consistently cross up every time if you want to.

The combo I posted above seems to do 6.8k if you do a wulf cannon ender into Dead Arm Time and is totally universal with the caveats mentioned here. (2K will work on everyone, but that small bit of damage and corner carry helps!)

wow why did I not think of 5HK xx 236LP+LK, good stuff with that, could add some real damage to combos with that.

A fair bit of character specifics in your vid, but could easily add that onto a universal combo too.

That command grab pummel after the stagger really adds some much needed damage. Kinda sucks that the c.MP link after the headbutt ender seems to be either a pretty strict link on some characters or can't even be done on some.

Reactions: Kai
Actually seems to make less difference than I thought, but it has versatility in that you can build meter instead of going for damage if you wish.

With 4 x knee 1 x headbutt I'm doing about 200 more damage meterless than the old combo, so it isn't really much of a difference, but hey you can opt for the meter gain so worth it I think.

The 2MP is tight even on lights, it definitely doesn't work on heavies, you need to use 2LP, mediums I'm not sure but probably doesn't work on them either.

EDIT: On second test the lights are knocked too far away for 2LP.... gah

Last edited:
Is there a universal way to get Beowulf from chair slide to stagger HK? I know hop MP does it, but knowing my past experience with dash inputs and my recent time in the lab, that's not feasible for me to hit reliably. I see people using MK, is that doable against all characters?

Is there a universal way to get Beowulf from chair slide to stagger HK? I know hop MP does it, but knowing my past experience with dash inputs and my recent time in the lab, that's not feasible for me to hit reliably. I see people using MK, is that doable against all characters?
hop MP is easier than hop MK, it has more hitstun and hop MK doesn't work on heavies as far as I know.

The hop link is REALLY easy from range, from point blanc it is hard on heavies. My BnB has a dead easy hop MP > 5HK stagger link in it.

Reactions: Kai
So no RKO's outta nowhere!? D:<
Isn't Beowulf a wrestler!?

He has a bulldog, a floor stomp, dropkick, super kick, palm strike, eye rake, chop, inverted piledriver, scoop slam, and basically what is a moonsault press..Also technically the cossack dance kicks are also an obscure wrestling move. Technically even his basic various recovery animations borrow from stuff like the flair flop and the rock's kip up.

So overall he is pretty wrestler-ey, maybe more so than most wrestler characters in a sense that the homage is so blatant.

The cutter/rko/acecrusher/lethalinjection/3d/diamondcutter/whathaveyou was also in the concepts for his jumping mk. No idea if that was ditched or not.

Last edited:
- Woof Woof
I didn't know you can do Leap after the second Arm Lancher.
This is good, I like this.

I really need to play more, I should know this by now.

oh man i missed so much. finally got my new computer up and running. time to play catch up and see whats in store. good stuff with all the new vids recently.

Not sure if anyone has tried double snaps yet? Now that I can play and record again, decided to try to find some simple snaps.
I have only tested this on Fortune but i think it should work well universally.

Snap 1

Snap 2

edit: sorry for the weird border and black bars, trying to remember what settings i had previously, on a new PC so lost all old settings.

Not a fan of those double snaps. The second one isn't simple at all imo, and the first one is pretty cool but it actually has weird timing to it making it easy to drop especially on double. This one is pretty easy and simple I think, as long as you don't accidentally remove the chair, and is actually universal.

Reactions: TheBlackHombre
Just took TheGamaniac's combo and slapped on a super at the end.

Reactions: KidPanda
Status
Not open for further replies.