• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Betawulf Reigns Supreme! More like Alphawolf! check CaioLugon's thread which will be more updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the change to to HP chair toss completely ruins my combo. Anyone figure out something they can do with this that doesn't require an assist or meter? HP chair toss > dash jump j.MK > MK > HK seems to work on Filia and Cerebella, just haven't gotten around to optimizing anything from it yet.

nah man. My BnB got junked too due to the change. So unfortunately I have go back to Light Chair toss for right now. now if you do Launcher into Heavy chair toss and then do light ground Wulf Tackle i think you might be able to catch light characters with out taking up your otg, i think...

Yo, can someone give me that sick ground string that Balacko used in last night's NWO Tourney?

Thank you my Brazilian bro.
My Brozilian.

thats about how muuch my chair combo does if you chuck a meter in. I would post it but dunno if its even that interesting lol

Don't worry about how interesting it is, take every chance to contribute something.

you are right, I should. Here they are:

heres my chairless combo too, they deal 7.7k and 6.9k (lk starter and 1.0 scaling, ignore the damage in the vids I done goofed as seen below) respectively

Last edited:
Reactions: Denizen
heres my chairless combo too, they deal 10k and 9.4k respectively
They deal less if you start with cr.LK, which is the standard for measuring damage so combos can be compared, instead of cr.MP directly. :^)

Reactions: maysey and Datagram
well it's still an okay combo... it's just a waste that you didn't taunt while Cerebella was hitting the opponent with the excellebella. That move is great for getting the hype in for beo so he can do some major damage later on.

now onto you domo-senpai, I remember you asking for some combo dealing with Pinion dash assist. it wasn't easy, but i think i might have made one... tell me what you think.

yeah, I just went for optimal damage starting with MP and the 2v1 thing didnt even cross my mind... My bad, its my first time, I didnt know there were rules! when I get a few minutes I'll redo it and edit the post.

well it's still an okay combo... it's just a waste that you didn't taunt while Cerebella was hitting the opponent with the excellebella. That move is great for getting the hype in for beo so he can do some major damage later on.

cant, the recovery of arm means it takes too long and I cant follow up. I have been doing either ear or mic drop but I cant fit howl.

EDIT: updated the damages, combo doesent really change so I dont think I need to record it again just to show cr lk.

Last edited:
Hey everyone. Just been getting back into Skullgirls, checking out the beta and loving Beowulf a bunch right now. I've been theory crafting a bit but was curious to hear what you guys think are his essential combos right now. What are the two BnBs I should be looking at learning before I disappear down the combo crafting road?

I hate everyone that can link dash - j.mp - s.hk
I have tried a lot and can pull it off every 15 times...
Anyway I found Beo really fun, do you think he works good with Parasoul? any tips?

I'm going to make this post in as many combo threads as I can. Please record combos with 3-4Bar, so people can see the meter gain for both parties.

Can we PLEASE aggregate all the working combos onto the front of this thread or either after this post? im looking around and im confused at which combos i should pay attention to

messing around with A-Train assist

Does anyone have a mental trick for nailing the timing of the Mic Drop and the 1 frame link from Chair Dance to c.LK?
If all it takes is practice then how should I practice it?

Last edited:
Does anyone have a mental trick for nailing the timing of the Mic Drop and the 1 frame link from Chair Dance to c.LK?

Not really, but some thoughts to make the timing easier...

Mic: A bit of a visual aid for timing the release to drop the mic after hitting with the fist is about the same duration as the delay in a chain between a light normal hitting and the punch itself hitting. Alternatively, it's a *very* small wait after you (if they're cornered) or the opponent stops getting pushed back by the hitstun.

Chair link: Not much of a trick here, you just do it ASAP. Try watching Beowulf's feet after the dance is finished, and cr.LK the very instant the tips would hit the floor, since that's when he lands.

I finally decided to stop playing on my 360 and switch to my laptop so I can start learning Beowulf. The only problem is that its very hard trying to sift through threads and combos of a character that's been in development. Its hard to see what's optimal, what still works, what's practical etc. What is the general combo route I'm looking for with Beo? Is there a staple BnB that everybody is using.

I finally decided to stop playing on my 360 and switch to my laptop so I can start learning Beowulf. The only problem is that its very hard trying to sift through threads and combos of a character that's been in development. Its hard to see what's optimal, what still works, what's practical etc. What is the general combo route I'm looking for with Beo? Is there a staple BnB that everybody is using.
This is what I do

c.LK c.MP s.HK xx L chair toss,
hop j.MP,
s.HK xx command grab, knee knee knee knee headbutt,
c.MP s.HP,
c.LP c.MP s.HP,
OTG c.MK,
jump, splash finisher

This is probably not great but like you I had trouble finding a good combo from all these threads so I just do this. I'm pretty sure it works on everyone.

yeah i have horrible combos for Beo. I spent most of my time fooling around trying to see what assists could help him convert off of a grab finisher. Why do i go for the pointless crap in a character first?

Reactions: Shumabooma
Ask someone to sift through and organize working combos if you won't and don't be sad if no one volunteers.

Give me a few hours to think something :) and I´ll post here it seems fun

Quick combos I'm pretty sure most people have done these ones

s.LP, s. MP, s. HP xx Hurting Hurl (L), hop --> j.MP, s.HK, c.LK, c.MK, c. HP, s.LP, s. MP, c. HP, c.MK (grab) xx k,k, Grendel Killa (4K)

EDIT: Forgot to add that if you finish with the 4K grab finisher you get the chair back so it applies to the variation below.

1 vs 1 character: 5714 damage (Half a bar)
Pretty sure you know the drill about scaling in combos

Variation:
s.LP, s. MP, s. HP xx Hurting Hurl (L), hop -->j.LK, s.LK, c.MK, c. HP, s.LP, s. MP, c. HP, c.MK (grab) xx k,k, Grendel Killa (4K)

vs 1 character: 5033 (Don't remember how much bar it gives)

Air combos (I suck at those but I found this one which I liked)

c. LP, c.MP, c. HP (chair), j.LP, j.LK, j.MP xx Wulf Blitzer (L) then change direction in diagonal to catch them (1 or 3) c.LK, c. MK, c. HP, j. MK, j. HK

Remember the magic of this game, you can make short combos and fuse with a lot of stuff

If I discover more I'll post them. Beo is really fun to use!

Last edited:
the 1 frame link from Chair Dance to c.LK?
I wouldn't bother practicing that one, it won't exist when he ships.

As far as actual advice goes, real 1f links are hard! You should not expect to hit them consistently. SF4 kinda ruined the popular conception of "one frame link" because nothing's really 1f thanks to plinking.

Well that's a bummer, it made me feel cool.
Oh well.

sigh... I would cry over this but to be honest I never go for Chair Dance as a grab finisher. If I was going to put the opponent in an unteachable knock down i just go for the frog splash. Would there ever be a reason to do the chair dance instead of the splash? I'm just asking cause if there is a reason I might actually start to use the move during matches.

sigh... I would cry over this but to be honest I never go for Chair Dance as a grab finisher. If I was going to put the opponent in an unteachable knock down i just go for the frog splash. Would there ever be a reason to do the chair dance instead of the splash? I'm just asking cause if there is a reason I might actually start to use the move during matches.
...it's the only untechable knockdown you get after headbutts/knees, thus more damage?

oh, okay. I'll try to force myself to keep it in mind when doing a combo. try to see if it helps during a match. Thanks.

Yeah you can't frog splash after a few knees, they would automatically tech out because of the break it takes to jump.

On top of that, it also gives you significantly more frame advantage than the splash (enough to try and set up a safejump) and does more damage in general at the end of a combo even without knees/headbutts (though unlike Splash it sets off undizzy, but if yer hitting undizzy yer probably going for damage anyways).

On a different note, Ninja's earlier comment got me curious, so I decided to try and fiddle around with throw finishers and assists. Here's a lightweight-specific result that seems like it could be worth something: Corner to corner, cr.LK starter, and almost meter neutral if you use headbutts.

The second version is a utility variant, that also works on Squigly since the cr.LK link whiffs her midscreen.

I just came back to mention the frame advantage, heh. You are plus enough off Chair Dance to whiff a crossup j.HP and do a meaty s.LK.

The crossups you get off chair dance are a lot more ambiguous too due to getting so much more frame advantage. Off frog splash you can do a crossup j.LK but I feel like it's sort of obvious and I haven't thought of a way to fake it.

I just came back to mention the frame advantage, heh. You are plus enough off Chair Dance to whiff a crossup j.HP and do a meaty s.LK.

This is false. You can't even whiff crossup j.HP on Peacock or Painwheel who have the longest hard knockdown getup animations in the game. Is this because of the "can't link after geatish peak" now?

That'd be because the latest patch seems to have made the 1f chairdance link impossible by increasing the recovery time of the dance itself. Also at least in this scenario, crumple and getup times combine to make Peacock and Painwheel in the average category.

For reference, the frame advantage given by chairdancing in the new patch according to advanced attack data:

+62: Parasoul
+59: Big Band
+57: Double
+56: Beowulf
+55: Valentine
+54: Cerebella, Eliza, Painwheel, Peacock, Squigly
+51: Ms. Fortune, Robo-Fortune
+48: Filia, Fukua

Reactions: ClarenceMage
Since no one on this thread's actually doing combos or even listing damage anymore i figured id throw in something i made up on my first serious day with him

6.9k works on light & medium (parasol weight) characters & it's with chair. Haven't bothered working on non-chair combos yet. just trying to figure out how to break 7k.

Also some combo options:

1. you can delay j.mk > j.hp > c.mp for possible jump loop ender.
2. you can use the fly move thingy to end positive depending on character weight and timing.
3. you can get in a val-style end-chain too.

Reactions: Anbec7
Since no one on this thread's actually doing combos or even listing damage anymore i figured id throw in something i made up on my first serious day with him

6.9k works on light & medium (parasol weight) characters & it's with chair. Haven't bothered working on non-chair combos yet. just trying to figure out how to break 7k.

Also some combo options:

1. you can delay j.mk > j.hp > c.mp for possible jump loop ender.
2. you can use the fly move thingy to end positive depending on character weight and timing.
3. you can get in a val-style end-chain too.
vid thing
you could probably make use of headbutts or knees during grab mode to get a little more damage instead of just going to throw immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.