• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

So how's everyone feeling characters so far?
I just gotta beat Arcade mode as: Valkenhayn, Platinum, Hakumen, and Hazama
Kagura too but I gotta unlock his ass

I'm definitely feeling Azrael, Arakune feels a tad weaker, but man, when you get that curse going with an overdrive it feels GREAT.
And Terumi is just fucking nuts, I love him

I've stuck with Tao since CT and Valkenhayn since he was released for CS, and that's not going to change. I would like to learn Amane, though. He's very fun to use.

The more I play against good players, the more I realise Kagura is a bad character. I just hope the patch actually made him less dead at neutral.. i don't see it though. Especially now that he also gets no reward off overheads.

I could care less about Trinity, as long as Luna and Sena are good.
The only one "confirmed" effected (according to the BlazBlue Wiki) is Trinity while Luna and Sena are currently status unknown.

So how's everyone feeling characters so far?
I just gotta beat Arcade mode as: Valkenhayn, Platinum, Hakumen, and Hazama
Kagura too but I gotta unlock his ass
I'm definitely feeling Azrael, Arakune feels a tad weaker, but man, when you get that curse going with an overdrive it feels GREAT.
And Terumi is just fucking nuts, I love him
I have only beat arcade mode with Tao, Terumi, Kokonoe, Tager, and Ragna. I focused on the story mode first.

I've spent way too much time in Challenge mode so I gotten too far in Arcade yet. i've completed about it with 8 characters.

I'm not that great with Bullet (Valkenhayn gave me a lot of trouble) and I haven't tried Arcade yet with Azrael or Amane yet. Terumi is indeed fun to play as, though I'm not too good with him either. I kind of miss how Jin could use those air ice swords that fly at different angles - or am I stupid and he still has those? It took me a few minutes to realize that Nu has two different formes now.

*There's a haven't in that first sentence about not being too far into Arcade mode. Vita keeps eating up other words in my rambling.

Well, I basically played Arcade Mode all on Easy, but despite that, it still gave me a lot of challenge and a rush.
I even lost once or twice.
Still fun though.
Might have to go all in with Medium on Story Mode though.

I haven't practiced a lot yet but I had a lot of fun training with Amane and Terumi so far. I have both Kagura and Kokonoe but haven't tried either yet. I'm interested to see how Kagura is.

I haven't practiced a lot yet but I had a lot of fun training with Amane and Terumi so far. I have both Kagura and Kokonoe but haven't tried either yet. I'm interested to see how Kagura is.
bad is how he is.

He's fun to play, until you play against someone who knows that every single thing he can do can be mashed out of.

Then he turns into a DP.

That's all he has, a DP.

If you manage to counterhit with your one move, you have a great oki game into huge damage.

But until then, all you have is a DP.

Finally beat Arcade Mode with all characters sans Kagura.
Made it back to my previous mains (Platinum and Hazama)
And yep, I still got the touch with them.
In fact I think I've gotten even better as Hazama.
The buff to his Serpent's Benediction makes those moves so much easier to land.

In other news, I'm starting to make sense of how Izayoi moves around.

Now if only I'd stop doing 5C after 5B so often.

5C range is awful.

In other news, I'm starting to make sense of how Izayoi moves around.

Now if only I'd stop doing 5C after 5B so often.

5C range is awful.

Welcome to the world of a Tsubaki player...

Started the Six Heroes story mode.
Stopped after the very first Joke Ending I got.
Joke Endings are still in rare form.
Sometimes I just wonder what the recording sessions for those must be like.

She's too fast for me, and her grapples have less range than Tager, so I don't really feel her.

I'll have you know Tager is one of my mains.

Don't get me wrong. He's usable, he just needs to work harder to win. A good player can definitely use him effectively.

Like this:

Potemkin doesn't suck. He fell into the "needs to work hard" category in Xrd but he does very well for a grappler, and was very good in previous games.

Isn't that true of grapplers in any game though? Even Cere to some extent.
Cere has a myriad of other tools that make her barely even fall into the category and certainly make her hard to compare to Tager/Potemkin like grapplers.

So guys, here's something to tide you over
An Interview with Nori, talking about how hard it is to make Jubei playable, Blazblue's future (WE AIN'T DONE AFTER THE NEXT GAME! It's just the end of Ragna's story!), and other things

Does anyone else think that Kokonoe's English and Japanese VA sounds awful during fights? It's weird since both VA's are wonderful in story mode.

I thought that was the point
didn't mean that in a sarcastic way I just meant that's what they were going for. Kokonoe doesn't care much for much. She's suppose to sound like that

i think her english VA astral is horrendous, its like she doesnt even care
I always figured it was because Kokonoe, the character, doesn't sound like she cares about anything.

She spends all the time playing her DS and eating chips.

But it doesn't sound like Kokonoe doesn't care about the fight. It sounds like the VA doesn't care about voice acting.

But it doesn't sound like Kokonoe doesn't care about the fight. It sounds like the VA doesn't care about voice acting.
which is weird considering she plays her well in every thing else pretty much

Exactly. And I feel like this was Arc's fault and not either of the VA's, since they both sound terrible in the same way.

Back