• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

If only they put blazblue on steam...
they did :D

too bad it is the version that hasn't been relevant in years

Pity... I'd buy it without regrets in my heart

I guess you could also chalk it up to maybe having a terrible history with the platform. Essentially, the current versions of Guilty Gear and Blazblue available on Steam aren't even there under Arc Sys' control from what I can gather -- it's just some obscure European licensees that are trying to wring whatever they can out of the contracts they had to just do straight ports of the games back when they were originally released.

I think it's definitely possible that Arc Sys just has no experience whatsoever with developing and publishing for PC and are afraid of being taken advantage of again. But I mean, look at how things worked out for Treasure and SNK on Steam.

I mean, it's so bad that when UNIEL's PS3 port was announced as being co-developed with Arc Sys, people pretty much threw up their hands because any possibility of getting a PC port (of which there was little, but considering FB's history it didn't seem completely out of the realm of reality).

How do you guys deal with people mashing the fuck out of 2A? I can never deal with it and I never seem to be able to punish it. I can't seem to be able to push a button close to the opponent without getting countered by it, either. I legitimately want to get good at Blazblue this time (I've been saying that since CT, but I mean it now.) Every time a new Bazblue game comes out I get excited and try to get good again and this stuff just discourages me and I stop practicing.

So I found this on the Blazblue forums.

tumblr_n5exd82xEE1tavwdao1_1280.jpg

Balance patch is being released on consoles on May 16. In Japan.

Godammit just give me my Amane buffs.

Look at all of those 8/2 matchups in Bullet's favor

Damn, Kokonoe's got negative changes all across the board. Doesn't look good for Tao eather.

Wait, what?

Bullet's not THAT good, is she? What is this list based on, random NA netplay?

It's based on the purest of salt.

Reactions: DDB
So I haven't played BB since CS, and after seeing some people play the PS3 version of CP I kinda interesting in getting into the game again, the new mechanics seem interesting.

I was an Arakune main in CT and CS, how is he in this game? Even if he's still good i might not even play him, my fighting game playstyle has changed since I played CS.

My favorite skullgirls character is Parasoul since she has good normals and can play a spacing game but she can rush down and mixup too.

Any suggestions for characters to look into?

Haku-Men might be a character you like. He has difficult combos that you don't want to drop, though. Your opponent will recover right in your face and you're going to eat something hard. Also, don't be tempted to use his counter too much. It would be best to try all the characters, since getting a feel for them through videos or discussion is a little harder than hands on experience.

Perhaps you could watch through the characters' challenge modes to see what their combos are like.

Oh I agree I'd have to actually play the game to get a feel for it. I just don't have access to the game atm and wanted to see what characters' matchvids I'd want to look into in the meantime.

I'm also not afraid of heavy execution, as long as the character is one I enjoy.

If you want something somewhat similar to Parasoul, I've always thought Mu-12 was the closest fit when I thought about it one time. Like Parasoul, Mu-12 has good normals to play footsies with (5C, 2C, jC, j2C), some effective zoning tools with her steins and specials and a solid DP (Origins).

Sadly, TheBBVlog kind of died so I don't think there is a Youtube channel dedicated to US Blazblue gameplay, but Jourdal uploads lots of stuff from NicoVideo. The channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Jourdal2012

So I haven't played BB since CS, and after seeing some people play the PS3 version of CP I kinda interesting in getting into the game again, the new mechanics seem interesting.

I was an Arakune main in CT and CS, how is he in this game? Even if he's still good i might not even play him, my fighting game playstyle has changed since I played CS.

My favorite skullgirls character is Parasoul since she has good normals and can play a spacing game but she can rush down and mixup too.

Arakune is waaay worse in this version. His curse got extremely nerfed. Every bug you summon uses up curse gauge now, so his curse runs out extremely fast unless you use just A/B bugs. He is definitely low tier now but some people still manage to make him look good. you gotta put in a lot of work with him now.

Anyways yeah the Mu suggestion was good. Also id say maybe Jin or rachel.

Arakune is waaay worse in this version. His curse got extremely nerfed. Every bug you summon uses up curse gauge now, so his curse runs out extremely fast unless you use just A/B bugs. He is definitely low tier now but some people still manage to make him look good. you gotta put in a lot of work with him now.

Anyways yeah the Mu suggestion was good. Also id say maybe Jin or rachel.
If i wanted a character that needs a ton of work to be good I"d just play Litchi, at least i know it'll pay off.

Yeah, so far Rachel and Mu look the most interesting for me

Not sure if I can help ya. I usually main Tao, Tager, and (recently) Kokonoe so I don't have much opinion on the others.

Does anyone know how much memory the psn download for blazblue chrono phantasma is?

Does anyone know how much memory the psn download for blazblue chrono phantasma is?
it should say on the store when you pull it up. over the item description.

to answer your question though, its 10.2 gigs.

Just checking in advance because I don't have my ps3 with me at the moment but I will by this weekend.

Edit: and thanks for putting up how much memory it would take up as @Sanoblaze.

ah, okay, that makes sense. I just didn't know if it was an access to the console thing or if it was about how to check a game's entire memory size.

and you're welcome. I hope I didn't come off as kind of a jerk in my first post.

Nah it's okay you didn't come across as a jerk or anything. Also keeping on topic which characters would be the most top tier at the moment given the most current patch, just asking since I already have my main which is Mu 12 and sometimes Noel.

I dunno about top tiers.

but my mains are currently Amane, Bullet, and Tager. though I like playing as Azrael too.

I suck at this game though.

Never would have guessed Jutsei uses Hazama and Terumi, there was just now way of guessing.

:PUN:

I too could not have guessed. it's just, how could anyone have known. :PUN:

I can barely do anything with Bullet tbh. I love her design and the way she feels but I just can't get a good enough feel for the queen of buttfloss.

Well at least that is good to know you can use hazama decently @Jutsei.
Unfortunately I can't say same for my character since not playing for while has made me a bit rusty.

I haven't played against people yet but Bullet's gameplan seems pretty straightforward. Get in, get heat, and then use one of her specials to convert it into a big damage combo. She's got really good range on her B normals.

It's might be better to not think of them as grabs, since they can and will be blocked. Miquelet Capture is combo fluff, Snaphance Fist and Cutting Shear are both pretty situational. You pretty much need heat to do any damage, preferably level 2, especially since you can dash forward farther and get in easier, and you don't want to spam Drive because then you just lose heat.

Her 720s are pretty excessive though. Seriously, Serpentine Assault into Frangible Exchange into Blackout is a 720 then 720 then 1080. That's a lot of 360s.