• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

I don't much like Amane, but his gameplay is super interesting. The amount of chip that comes out of a charged up drill is... gross.

Reactions: Daemyx
How is the online and lobbies? good

I guess I will try to buy it on summer, even with the discount I can't afford it right now.

Yo I am enjoying my first Blazblue game a lot. Well mostly because of Terumi. I like characters that can take a breathe in their combo like the stomps or the f.D. But the stomps win it for me. Also taking a "small" interest in Noel. Also like needlessly mashing Down and C.

I'm kind of surprised though. After playing this game I realized I don't like combos in Guilty Gear, but combos in this game are quite fun to execute.

Last edited:
I'm kind of surprised though. After playing this game I realized I don't like combos in Guilty Gear, but combos in this game are quite fun to execute.
I'm curious, do you have a articulable reason why, or is it a subconscious/semi-conscious feeling?

I don't think I've ever been so in love with a character as I am with Azrael.

I'm curious, do you have a articulable reason why, or is it a subconscious/semi-conscious feeling?
I think part of it has to do with Dust vs Drive and what I said earlier about Terumi being able to take breathes in the combo. In GG, I couldn't tell the difference between a normal and Dust. In BB it's more apparent visually.
Taking a step back...combos aren't all that different. I've only got some basic stuff down with Terumi.

How is the online and lobbies? good

I guess I will try to buy it on summer, even with the discount I can't afford it right now.

I think that so far netcode is quite good. Perhaps even better than in CSE. I yet have to have a really laggy match even when the game says the connection quality is 0.

I also think the combos are better, but for me it is mostly aesthetic. GG combos aren't nearly as hype looking as BB combos.

Speaking of, here's some love for Koko

Reactions: SkullMan
Didn't Koko already have some love? I believe it was called "the entirety of CP before Extend"
You say that like it's a bad thing.

When is Jubei for second husbando besides Relius? After much reading about every character, I found out Izayoi is Tsubaki. Going to give her a shot now.

Shameless copy pasting trailer translations

Izanami: "This is a purge of man as delivered by God. Do not interfere... Onlooker."

Rachel: "A purge, you say? Don't jest. What you are doing can be described as little other than genocide. Even if this world were to fall back into the abyss, that is the truth."

ACT3 "The Replacement Blue"

Izanami: "The possibilities held by humanity is that which shall bring forth ruin to this world. Who was it that excavated the Armor of God? Who was it that attempted to grasp ahold of God? Even these worlds, were they not birthed by the wretched desires of those humans?"

Rachel: "I shall not refute that. No matter the time or place, humanity and foolishness shall always go hand in hand. ...Even so, I continue to believe. That the possibilities of humanity which you so deny shall be what will open the the way to the future."

Izanami: "Is that your answer?"

Rachel. "Indeed. That is the answer that both [they] and I chose. Even should the world fall to the very precipice of ruin... Man will, without a doubt, grab ahold of the path which they must walk with their own hands."

Izanami: "...In that case, you, too, should pray (dream) that wish upon the Azure. And upon arriving at the true depths of despair, welcome the Time of Demise... O human who was once an Onlooker..."

Rachel: "Even so, he will never give in. Isn't that right? Ragna...?"

Wow, I cant believe they nerfed Rachel back to her CS form.

You cant deny that first 1:00 didnt sound like you something you'd hear in a mall

A design question for blazblue fans

Why the hell the rekka-like moves changes the goddamned button?

Ragna's qcb+a followup is qcb+d... why? It isn't intuitive or practical.

Because It's a drive move. the final part is the part that restores his health.

You cant deny that first 1:00 didnt sound like you something you'd hear in a mall
I definitely don't know what mall you go to or what you hear of jazz but I question all of it.

but it's a good song tho

Because It's a drive move. the final part is the part that restores his health.

It's the DP rekkas that are intuitive, I struggle with them every time, especially because i am working on the ultimate troll combo that involves Rapid Canceling the rekkas into j.D and more DPs until i hit the stratosphere. If only you could taunt in the air so i could get two more RCs into DP.

Also, in BBCSEX when you RC with certain characters like Bang does anyone else get an automatic unwanted D imput afterward? Am i just a scrub not releasing it fast enough?

Last edited:
A design question for blazblue fans

Why the hell the rekka-like moves changes the goddamned button?

Ragna's qcb+a followup is qcb+d... why? It isn't intuitive or practical.

If anything you should be complaining at Azrael. :P qcf+C > b,f+C > f+C

His theme is fantastic. It might be one of, if not my favorite track in BB. It makes me even more excited to play him.
Although, I need to decide who to use... I don't plan on dropping Jin or Kokonoe, but I also want to use Hazama, and I'm interested in playing both Nine and Hibiki.

holy shit hibiki's theme.
that bowl cut bastard just stole my heart.

His theme is fantastic. It might be one of, if not my favorite track in BB. It makes me even more excited to play him.
Although, I need to decide who to use... I don't plan on dropping Jin or Kokonoe, but I also want to use Hazama, and I'm interested in playing both Nine and Hibiki.
You forgot Jubei. :u
rip

Jubei what is that

is that some sort of like, reference

Someone posted a Naoto theme rip

Surprised his and Hibiki's barely surfaced while later characters like Nine and Izanami's was considerably quicker I think there is maybe one more new track that hasn't surfaced yet.

I assume Nine and Izanami were higher in demand.

All that's left is the Konoe vs theme

Shameless copy pasting trailer translations

Izanami: "This is a purge of man as delivered by God. Do not interfere... Onlooker."

Rachel: "A purge, you say? Don't jest. What you are doing can be described as little other than genocide. Even if this world were to fall back into the abyss, that is the truth."

ACT3 "The Replacement Blue"

Izanami: "The possibilities held by humanity is that which shall bring forth ruin to this world. Who was it that excavated the Armor of God? Who was it that attempted to grasp ahold of God? Even these worlds, were they not birthed by the wretched desires of those humans?"

Rachel: "I shall not refute that. No matter the time or place, humanity and foolishness shall always go hand in hand. ...Even so, I continue to believe. That the possibilities of humanity which you so deny shall be what will open the the way to the future."

Izanami: "Is that your answer?"

Rachel. "Indeed. That is the answer that both [they] and I chose. Even should the world fall to the very precipice of ruin... Man will, without a doubt, grab ahold of the path which they must walk with their own hands."

Izanami: "...In that case, you, too, should pray (dream) that wish upon the Azure. And upon arriving at the true depths of despair, welcome the Time of Demise... O human who was once an Onlooker..."

Rachel: "Even so, he will never give in. Isn't that right? Ragna...?"

Wow, I cant believe they nerfed Rachel back to her CS form.

Man, that villain dialogue is so cliche. It's practically copy and paste of ten bajillion murderous straw nihilists/misanthropes I've seen before.

Like, why even bother trying to make a villain that says something you weren't expecting? Dang.

Man, that villain dialogue is so cliche. It's practically copy and paste of ten bajillion murderous straw nihilists/misanthropes I've seen before.

Like, why even bother trying to make a villain that says something you weren't expecting? Dang.
Well, she IS nihilism incarnate...

Well, she IS nihilism incarnate...
That doesn't excuse the fact that like all the villains in this series just want to destroy the world, and not much else. I hope Hazama's (now seperate from Terumi) agenda is at least interesting, it's gotten so damn stale. Mu, Terumi, Nu, Relius, and now Izanami all just want to destroy the world in different ways.

Wow I really like Naoto's theme. Funny how I like everything about him EXCEPT his character.
God his character.

But yeah the theme is check plus. I mean, not Hibiki good but still okay.

That doesn't excuse the fact that like all the villains in this series just want to destroy the world, and not much else. I hope Hazama's (now seperate from Terumi) agenda is at least interesting, it's gotten so damn stale. Mu, Terumi, Nu, Relius, and now Izanami all just want to destroy the world in different ways.
Not true. Azrael just wants to punch people and be manly