• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

Rare footage of Jin actually being a hero and not looking like a buttmunch while doing so.

EDIT: In other news, Jin/Ragna intro clash is back after a brief absence and is clashier than ever

Last edited:
It's Spoiler time, friends!

Ragna is offered to be Observed by Arakune, but refuses.
Platnium was a body created by the Muichoirin, and now has another physical form seperate from Platnium themselves
Terumi seems to be trying to get a new Susano'Oh armor to re-hijack the plot
Azrael and Arakune teams up, and is Azrael's new punching bag
Carl is acting more and more like Relius
Naoto seems to be sent here from a completely different timeline/alternate universe
I'm going to quote this one so I don't get it wrong:
"Naoto says that he knows someone with a similar look and speech as Hakumen, but she was a woman and she was called something-Justice." (OH SHI-)
Raquel, through Rachel, tells Naoto to help save the world.
Nine is using Nu to gather Nox Nyctores to create a new Take-Mikazuchi to wipe the whole world out
Celica fights Nine to make her stop
Nu fights Mu and tries to kill her because as long as she exists, she cant fuse with Ragna
Nu has become much stronger and is able to overpower Rachel easily. Nu is also beginning to form her own identity
Izanami goes soul searching. As in, looking into other people's souls. Gross.
Izanami's vessel can "infinitely amplify seither"
Izanami herself, like Nu, is forming her own identity and desire. And yeah, it's still kill all the things.
Noel cut Terumi out from her memories, so when Terumi finds her, she tries to make her become CS version of Mu again. But she refuses.
Es from XBlaze is gaurding some sort of very large gate. kinda like the Door of Truth from FMA.

And finally, April Fools from Arc Sys Works

the april fools joke is more interesting and exciting than the developments in the plot

Dead Spike X Eddie OTP

So all I got out of that is Platinum is still ready and rarin' to fight.

Tsubaki had enough of this BS
CfCqNvMVIAEjdYb.jpg:large

they finally jumped the shark and added a big titties noel
0/10 when's Amane

Also dumb, but at least it's all C
so? Guy in SF4 has a rekka that's basically
:LP:,:MP:,:HP:,:HK:

Not true. Azrael just wants to punch people and be manly
being an antagonist doesn't automatically make you a villain.

Lol so now we got the Xblaze rep to join the BEE rep. All that is left is Remix Hearts playable unless there is other spin offs I'm not aware of.

Some more pics/info tidbits off DL

YUOVeIO.jpg

Cf2MMC0UMAAxppF.jpg.ae41fd0fee672bd1a9c91362d4506a70.jpg

"From an interview with Mori.
Blazblue was originally supposed to be a trilogy, but it became 4 games due to that Blazblue got more characters then it was predicted it would have.
The scenario is mostly written by Mori, but he was also assisted by the scenario staff Kumakawa and the writer Komao Mako.
Es will appear in places in the beginning, but won't full out appear until after halfway of the story.
Es' outfit was made by Mori making the base for it, and Higuchi made the final touches.
Since there might be players coming from Xblaze, they've made Es easy to use.
Es has a command grab that is surprisingly cute if it fails."

Would be sick if this came back as her theme as a callback, but doubt it sadly.

Reactions: CountofBleck
So the last characters are gonna be the Remix Heart duo and Jubei, right

Right?

Reactions: Φ
so? Guy in SF4 has a rekka that's basically
:LP:,:MP:,:HP:,:HK:

being an antagonist doesn't automatically make you a villain.

Target combos are NOT rekkas. Similar, but different: Target combos cancel normals and can be canceled with specials and supers in the middle, rekkas cancel a specific special with a specific followup and you can't cancel it with a normal.

And about azrael... So far he only punched the "good guys" (which is a pity, i'd love to see him in story going all out against CP's last boss)

I dont get why people say Azrael is cool. he doesn't even do anything. all he does is say how he's gonna love "eating" his opponent.

Kagura is way cooler. when everyone was getting scared about the idea of Azrael being there duyring the middle of their big plan and Kagura is just "naw man, I'll fight him. dont worry about it." Kagura is the Leo of BB.

Still waiting for Apocolypse-01 to show her face.

I dont get why people say Azrael is cool. he doesn't even do anything. all he does is say how he's gonna love "eating" his opponent.

Azrael is the "no BS, just fighting" character the game was lacking. Just like Shen Woo in KoF

yeah, but Shen Woo is more unique because his dialogue with other characters is great.

like, i shit you not, Shen Woo is in a love triangle with Vice and Mature.

azrael teams up with izanami because she gives him a chance to fight the apocalypse

he's the very definition just fighting: the character

and Kagura is perfectly okay with fighting that guy.
Kagura doesnt afraid of anything.

Eh the 'I LOVE FIGHTING' character troupe is a bit of a cliche at this point, but might as well throw it into the BB melting pot of character troupes. The character itself doesn't matter since the BB story only matters to only a handful of the cast while the rest is just hanging around.

if only there were a character introduced as early as the first game, with explicit importance to the myth arc and with relations to several characters already playable in the cast

I'm speaking, of course, about Linhua

Es' art is really bad. I liked the new artist at first, but now that I've seen more of the art, a lot of the proportion/anatomy is off.
Is there any overview or news of her gameplay yet?

Console exclusive character, friend

Is there any overview or news of her gameplay yet?

The article doesn't say anything about her gameplay other than that she's intended to be another easy to use character a la Ragna, Jin, and Celica. The text in the article is mostly just fluff hype like "Could this be her Drive?!" or some such.

Reactions: Meow-Professor
The more rough art style in CF has been mostly hit/miss because lack of consistency.

Based on scans it looks like she has a basic projectile, the starting of a DP or just an AA, an air sword poke that has decent range, and one of her lows.

They also mentioned she has a command grab too where it looks cute if she whiffs it.

Outside of scans or other official sources since she is a console character we won't know specific details of everything until a showcase from arc sys.

The only Blazblue artist that's kinda okay IMO is whoever did Calamity Trigger. The select screen portrait art there was at least a little distinctive. CS onward it's full on animu same-face syndrome.

Seeing Guilty Gear embrace the same style is sadder though. RIP muh aesthetics.

Seeing Guilty Gear embrace the same style is sadder though. RIP muh aesthetics.
At least Daisuke is still taking steps to make sure the characters feel like Guilty Gear characters. The new aesthetics add a bit of charm to a few of the more goofy characters, so its not wholly bad, so long as they keep the track up with these well designed characters.

On topic though, is any of the info in the spinoff stuff these new characters coming from actually necessary? or can I just read the wikipedia or something to get the gist? I kinda like the story of BB at points, but I dont want to put in the extra effort to know all the details if I can avoid it.