• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

I seriously hope that BBCF wouldn't be dub-less for long and that Aksys add English dub as free DLC one day.
There's always a chance for a BBCFEX, right?

the super final dream match edition of blazblue might get dubbed at least

There's always a chance for a BBCFEX, right?

Here's what they should do: do a crowdfunding project via Kickstarter and Indiegogo. That way, it can determine if fans still want an eventual dub. Given that Pied Piper was able to successfully crowdfund the dub of Skip Beat! (which is even more niche than BB), Aksys no doubt can do one with this and succeed

Kickstarter is to fund projects when the devs can't afford it, not a publicity stunt for stingy coward Asians that can pay for it just like they've done multiple times and now decided to cut corners.

Kickstarter is to fund projects when the devs can't afford it, not a publicity stunt for stingy coward Asians that can pay for it just like they've done multiple times and now decided to cut corners.

yeah I just noticed that ASW has been going cheap-ass as of late. they want to handle international localization all to themselves (they've been doing this with BB since CSE) because they don't trust third-party publishers handling their properties due to SEGA's treatment of Guilty Gear yet they are woefully incapable of doing so compared to, say, SEGA or Atlus or Capcom or Bandai Namco

Also, Pied Piper and Funimation are localizers of foreign properties (just like Aksys), not devs.

Patrick Seitz's spoke out earlier today. He is just as displeased as the rest of us.

and making this all the more displeasing is that jf the game does well, then Aksys would be convinced that a dub didn't matter. if it doesn't then they wouldn't put any money into dubbing another game of it again. It's a lose-lose situation. And FWIH Aksys isn't even planning on a DLC dub track sometime in the future so we're really FUCKED.

What should have been done was that the two cooperate on having the English dub done but because ASW is extremely ignorant of the international community, that didn't happen.

I ain't buying CF w/ no dub, at least at full price
Wait for it to drop to $30, or get news of extend, becuase jesus fuck.
I'd rather spend my money on Persona 5 because WE AT LEAST KNOW THAT'S GETTING A DUB

But is the active scene for the game's international release larger than the overall community they've built on that international scene? that's the important thing. The Dub was important for a lot of people, and the active players arent the only ones who deserve some love

But is the active scene for the game's international release larger than the overall community they've built on that international scene? that's the important thing. The Dub was important for a lot of people, and the active players arent the only ones who deserve some love

The dub crowd definitely deserves love. For us to not only get gypped with no dub but to be told that there would not even be a future DLC dub is a disgrace of a very high caliber. Personally, I would wait the 6+ months for the dub.

lol it hasn't been that way for awhile. Shenmue 3 says hi.

Here's what they should do: do a crowdfunding project via Kickstarter and Indiegogo. That way, it can determine if fans still want an eventual dub. Given that Pied Piper was able to successfully crowdfund the dub of Skip Beat! (which is even more niche than BB), Aksys no doubt can do one with this and succeed
Why not add a petition on change.org?

At that point,the part of the international community that doesn't care about the dub would be mad that the game would get delayed to give it one.If the petition actually worked,dub-less players would be fucking pissed.

At that point,the part of the international community that doesn't care about the dub would be mad that the game would get delayed to give it one.If the petition actually worked,dub-less players would be fucking pissed.

Why not we make the petition so that they can make that dub whilst the game's already out. That way the non dub fans wouldn't be pissed.

A dub file in a patch sounds pretty big,especially if the story is,y'know,Blazblue's.With that many characters to voice,there's no doubt it would weigh decently on the dev's wallets.I'm not saying a dub shouldn't happen,but someone has to pay for it,and I don't think Arcsys would do crowdfunding.

A dub file in a patch sounds pretty big,especially if the story is,y'know,Blazblue's.With that many characters to voice,there's no doubt it would weigh decently on the dev's wallets.I'm not saying a dub shouldn't happen,but someone has to pay for it,and I don't think Arcsys would do crowdfunding.

Then who will, Aksys? I know they were able to dub those DLC system voices in GGXRD

Well,shit,if the entire branch supports it now it seems kind of odd that the decision was ever made.

Reactions: Jutsei
Well,shit,if the entire branch supports it now it seems kind of odd that the decision was ever made.

This entire issue goes back all the way when ArcSys shifted localization duties from Aksys themselves (they handled Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift I-II) to Strangely Compelling beginning with Continuum Shift Extend. CSE had rather minimal new content to deal with compared to CSI-II but it took months (CT and CSI-II came out relatively close to their JP release) and when it came out, it had numerous flaws that could easily have prevented, such as "Bang Joke" and the PS3 glitch. Obviously ArcSys learned nothing from this so this went on with CP and CPE, with their delays getting longer before a breaking point was reached with CF, hence the no dub announcement, and now fans are irate.
Strangely Compelling also handled GGXRD though its US release was very close to the JP release and it was dubbed, but it had numerous not really good casting decisions.
This suggests that Strangely Compelling is woefully incompetent at localization.

And now David Vincent is the next VA to endorse this petition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadowfury333
Over 3,000 supporters now!

They wont be able to ignore this for much longer...They know they fucked up, hopefully this helps hammer in the message that Blazblue and its core audience are not the same as Guilty Gear, as similar as an outsider may see them.

Reactions: k0mbatdan
Gematsu [which is sort of big deal since that site community is more of a Japanaese audio preference gamer site] made an article about it. Unfortunately 3k~ signatures after a few days [note sigs does not equal guaranteed purchases] is not exactly something that will make the higher ups doubt their decision realistically. Especially if this game ends up selling within expectations. Who knows maybe Extend will have a dub, but doubt this game will get it via patch/DlC simply because nobody else bothers to do that in sub only games although previous dub only games usually have Japanese audio DLC simply because it already exists.

This entire issue goes back all the way when ArcSys shifted localization duties from Aksys themselves (they handled Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift I-II) to Strangely Compelling beginning with Continuum Shift Extend. CSE had rather minimal new content to deal with compared to CSI-II but it took months (CT and CSI-II came out relatively close to their JP release) and when it came out, it had numerous flaws that could easily have prevented, such as "Bang Joke" and the PS3 glitch. Obviously ArcSys learned nothing from this so this went on with CP and CPE, with their delays getting longer before a breaking point was reached with CF, hence the no dub announcement, and now fans are irate.
Strangely Compelling also handled GGXRD though its US release was very close to the JP release and it was dubbed, but it had numerous not really good casting decisions.
This suggests that Strangely Compelling is woefully incompetent at localization.

And now David Vincent is the next VA to endorse this petition.

Wooooah, does this mean i finally have someone to blame for the loss of Erik Davies Hazama and the advent of Old Man Bang? In this case DAMN YOU STRANGELY COMPELLING. I got CP a few months ago and i can barley make it through without Hazama's original, golden voice (and with the character portraits drawn by a 13 year old). Why they couldn't keep Aksys for one more perfectly localized game (and the game i prefer) is beyond me. At least they did a good job with Relius's voice...

Stuff like this always grinds my gears.

Why they couldn't keep Aksys for one more perfectly localized game (and the game i prefer) is beyond me.

ArcSys wanted greater control over their IPs (it must have been following getting back the Guilty Gear IP from Sega) so they took localization duties from Aksys back to themselves and outsourced it to Strangely Compelling

The trailer actually spoilered a newcommer if you look through all the emblems in the first few seconds.

NAH, GET TERUMI'D SON

IMG_2384.JPG
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy85Nzg3OTI4OTQ2MTk5NzU2OC8yMjY3MDY3NTM5MzExODIwODAvSU1HXzIzODUuSlBHIn0.cPqEtwqGP1ZEx8Lc_OLP_icAN5E

Is that not Es' crest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, her crest is completely different.

Also I found another mystery emblem

NCMMYGu.png