• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blood for the Blood Goddess! Eliza BETA Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um hi? So yesterday I found Eliza's second blockbuster, it does involve Sekhmet,so yay!I know it doesn't have a name,so I called it Eternal Sacrifice. I dunno,something to do with sacrifices.So yeah.I don't know if I'm on the right thread for this....

I really like the one where the whole screen is red and you just see sekhmet's black silhouette

I really like the one where the whole screen is red and you just see sekhmet's black silhouette
Yeah,that was pretty cool!

Can't do it, you'd see the lineart. Which I guess could be explored since colors are just whatever colors.

I personally hated it when it was entirely red after using it like twice in matches. So deal. :^)

Aw dang I was digging the red background with murderous stabbing really for the art sake not really caring for the fact I may have to view it several times a match I don't mind

the first thing i'm going to try w/ Eliza is making her the anchor of my Valentine/Filia/Eliza team, w/ m.sekhmet as the eliza assist

So what's the general consensus on Eliza as an anchor?
Strong candidate for waifu, don't know about anchor

I really dont know if this is the right thread to post this but well i dont know where else to post it, so here it goes, just like 5 minutes ago as i was playing with eliza, in arcade mode, i was fihting against a Parasoul, and i decided to defeat her using Sekhmet, but just as i beat her a really creepy laugh not from Michelle Ruff and im sure of that strted out of no where I SWEARi have all tabs closed only skullgirls and im alone at my hause... so yeah, is it from sekhmet or like i dont get it im sure i didnt imagined it im still trying to win fights with sekhmet and see if it happens again.

Is it a crazy male laugh?
Yes, it comes from the game, you can sleep well now.
It happened to me at random in quick matches. Creeps me out everytime

Reactions: ElizaLover4Life
It happened to me at random in quick matches. Creeps me out everytime
Doesn't that only happen if you or an opponent gets a Happy Birthday?
By that I mean KO two characters at the same time?

Reactions: ElizaLover4Life
I think she's a passable anchor yeah. Still think Double is better but she has some good stuff in terms of assists.

It happened to me at random in quick matches. Creeps me out everytime[/QUOT
Doesn't that only happen if you or an opponent gets a Happy Birthday?
By that I mean KO two characters at the same time?
THANK YOU OMG, i was creeped out lol, mmh i dont remember KOing two at the same time... oh well, ill try again thnks btw :D

@Mike_Z

Dunno if this is intended or not, but with c.mk you can cancel after the first hit if it's on someone on the ground, but if it catches them out of the air it forces you to wait for the second hit.

Can Valentine with Eliza Mudda assist be called "Team Dio".

needs peacock for the random steam roller.

so the chariot is gone lost to the annals of time then?

Last edited:
That's a really odd way of saying scrapped.

*butt jokes*

a bummer but her being nearly done is pretty great.

Last edited:
Well if the taunt effect isn't the chariot I wonder what effect could be but also the chariot can be added as a random sustitute of the lounge chair special.

SAw it yeah..and it's pretty cool. VEry eager to read this week's patch notes tbh.

Source: http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/547310730
starting at 1:03:00

Look at those beautiful new colored frames! I spot knockdown, ground tech, snapback, burst, j.mp, j.mk, j.hk, effects on c.mk, effects on crouching pushblock. EDIT: s.lk, some of s.hp, c.hk, s.mp, throw tech, twirl, SEKHMET (all of it)?

Last edited:
I've been looking forward to her grabbed frames.

Look at those beautiful new colored frames!
And announcer call!
"Let's dance, darling."

About the chariot, at around 1:20:00, Mike_Z mentions she is complete in terms of gameplay so it seems that one's out.
Oujo-sama couldn't renew her driver's license. <:3

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryin
I think he has his skullheart tabs confused.

wow lmao, sorry. Yeah I had multiple tabs open.

it's okay, honest mistake. it's just that Mistress Eliza doesn't like messes and if she were to see this she might flip.

And announcer call!
"Let's dance, darling."

About the chariot, at around 1:20:00, Mike_Z mentions she is complete in terms of gameplay so it seems that one's out.
Oujo-sama couldn't renew her driver's license. <:3

Oh too bad, for almost a finished animation that can be a lot of things: special, super, win/intro pose, assist only move like Painwheel's one, tag in. tag out, it is sad to see goodbye to that.

See you my friend!

index.php

Oh too bad, for almost a finished animation that can be a lot of things: special, super, win/intro pose, assist only move like Painwheel's one, tag in. tag out, it is sad to see goodbye to that.

See you my friend!

index.php

Maybe this can be used to be another Double's Car Blockbuster attack (every time we use, we get or the Peack one or the Elisa one). Well, is a Idea :P

Well, she already has those things. It was supposed to be the tag in but IIRC, that was changed to the Horus Dive variation as it served the gameplay purpose better. Then there was mention of a DHC only Blockbuster (there was a collective assumption it would be this but I don't think Mike ever explicitly said the chariot would be a DHC only Blockbuster).
There's a lot of it done but it doesn't seem like something that only needs coloring and minor clean-up (Eliza herself is just a placeholder frame from her idle stance and it might possibly need start-up and recovery frames).

Besides the select/loading screens splash art and Story mode stuff, seems all that Eliza is missing is voice work, clean up and/or color the remaining frames, balancing and a Oichi palette.

Maybe this can be used to be another Double's Car Blockbuster attack (every time we use, we get or the Peacock one or the Eliza one). Well, is a Idea :P
Sounds like a good idea and would kill two stones with one bird - give Double a Eliza-copying move and give use to that animation.
Alas, and entertaining the thought, besides finishing the animation in terms of clean-up/coloring and coding it in, I'm not sure if the chariot trample would have the same hitbox as Bandwagon (at first glance it seems the vertical hitbox would be shorter).
But, well, that is up to the powers that be and a "matter" concerning Double.

Status
Not open for further replies.