• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blood for the Blood Goddess! Eliza BETA Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigBand + Eliza + Cerebella = Peacock destroyer
Oh hey, my team :D

Beta update's here

Reactions: Woofly
is there a way to force steam to check for an update

SHE HAS ARRIVED.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/1640747966094064873

Skullgirls Beta 6/7 - Some new character's debut or something

Been a while, hasn't it?

General
- Remove Fukua's "Sorry...Samson..." lose VO. Whoops. Thanks DDB for being TOO LATE telling me so it's there on consoles.
- Less blur on 2D Nightmare Crest.
- Add other songs to Art Gallery music player, thanks Eric!
- Update Medici Office to be much more interesting and up to the standards of newer stages. YOU ARE THE BEST, WILLY.
- Bugfix: Recovery on successful throws should always be invincible. Fix vulnerable recovery on Peacock's throw, Squigly's throw and Silver Chord.

Er.

Also.

Uh.

Added...

...Eliza?

If you want to force Steam to find updates, close Steam and open it again.

Reactions: Balder
As a Peacock player... well, let me just say that when I heard the words "unlimited projectile armor," the noise I made literally made my sister run into my office to make sure I wasn't dying or something.

This is going to be really interesting to learn how to defend against. Curious to see if it makes it to the final version.

Let's go to Beta!! :D

We in there!

- She's everything I wanted and more, thanks Mike for putting her in the beta so soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: ninchusama
can someone please post the new medici tower, i won't get to see it until the next psn patch :(

Oh hey, my team :D
Lol, my team too. Well... Future team I suppose. :P

What happened to her b.lp???

My first question was: "unlimited projectile armor, but vulnerable to overhead attacks. So what does that mean for Shadow of Impending Doom?" A bit of time in the training room gave me answer. You can drop a fully-charged Shadow straight on her head and she'll just keep going. Egads.

EDIT: Wait, I screwed up my test. Fully charged will stop her dead in her tracks. Medium and light charge won't help, though.

On the bright side, it's long and telegraphed, enough that a good player (not necessarily me, but a good player) can hit the high Hole Idea to get behind Eliza and treat her to some Argus Agony if she tries to use it as an approach. This may become a less resilient solution once she gets her specials in, as she'll be able to cancel when she sees Peacock vanish into a hole and ready herself for the little lunatic's revenge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denizen
since it is a normal it is super/special cancelable all it is for is movement, but oh my does that thing travel far best armor assist in the game definately

Here's one more costume they missed (I think)
2014-06-07_00004.jpg

One and only thing I hate so far is s.MP.

It feels like "that one move" that's going to make her impossible to play for the common scrub(me), and unlike Peacock's s.MK, the crouching replacement isn't a satisfying alternative.

The win poses are probably my favorite thing so far.

yo open the combo thread, I got stuff
yeah let's post those useless dead-after-next-patch combos that will be cool.

I have 5.5k in the corner lesgo combo warz

Reactions: ElizaLover4Life
Good Guy Eliza, the only char that won't chip you to death.

Last edited:
Reactions: TechPowah
IAD j.hp: the game

Mike brought dustloops into Skullgirls. Eliza confirmed Guilty Gear character.

Only a thought: To bad the probably cut to the blood mechanics... but she already have the two modes mechanic (change to Sekh) and minion summon (and a character with 4 different voices). Already amazing without the blood.

... And, someday, the blood mechanics can becomes real in an Eliza EX/Skullgirl....

so each button you hold down is a different outfit on KO
:LP: is swimsuit

:MP: is fur coat

:HP: is track/gym clothe

:LK: is red carpet dress

:MK: is Skimpy outfit mike hates

:HK: is Ragyo Kyuirin's clothe

awesome

Folks, as you might have noticed, the second post in this topic will be used as a database for noteworthy gameplay aspects, ranging from preliminary impressions to tactics and such.
Right now, it only has a single entry about c.HK's potential as a assist which I added given all the conversation around it.
Myself, I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what is noteworthy or not and my gut instinct will be to take note of whatever seems to be discussed extensively. I'll try my best to keep these notes as objective and concise as possible.

That said, if you more proficient ladies and gentlemen think something deserves being added, feel free to say so. (If, of course, you think such a thing is useful in the first place... <:3 )

Reactions: Muro and Denizen
Wait...!! Is the last hit in the s.HP overhead hit?

can someone please post the new medici tower, i won't get to see it until the next psn patch :(
Pretty much all that happened is the billboards in the background are animated with blinking lights now. It's not massively changed, but it looks pretty.

There's also a random chance that Ottomo and Vitale won't be present.

EDIT: Actually I lied. There is one more secret easter egg in the stage now!
Hint: That trip up on the elevator isn't so boring now if you keep a sharp eye ;D

Reactions: agent13
It seems like her air grab has had its flight time lessened. It doesn't carry to the actual corner unless close.

Pretty much all that happened is the billboards in the background are animated with blinking lights now. It's not massively changed, but it looks pretty.

There's also a random chance that Ottomo and Vitale won't be present.

EDIT: Actually I lied. There is one more secret easter egg in the stage now!
Hint: That trip up on the elevator isn't so boring now if you keep a sharp eye ;D
whaat is it I can't find it :(

And you can combo out of it. Duckator ruined it.

Well I noticed you could, but you gotta otg obviously.

That too racy winpose could look more like an Anhk-esque swimsuit.

sHP and sHK are pretty nice. sHP has a step back, sHK has a step toward before the attack begins so they could be useful for extending or retreating when doing a special/super/snap/tag.

Reactions: ruins72
Status
Not open for further replies.