• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blood for the Blood Goddess! Eliza BETA Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
have the Light twirl be a light linker, Medium be a semi mini launcher or even a re-stander where you can combo into standing mp, and have Heavy either be the way it is now or have have knockdown. Don't know it's all up to you Mike.

Totally silly; but it makes sense in my head that Eliza should be able to backdash cancel out of her spin. She's already got the bones out for it

(man. loadsa comments just now. lets all pile on the random ideas)

have the Light twirl be a light linker, Medium be a semi mini launcher or even a re-stander where you can combo into standing mp, and have Heavy either be the way it is now or have have knockdown. Don't know it's all up to you Mike.
I think H being normal is fine. You're gonna wanna use H version to finish a combo and it might not help with a number of things to Knockdown...especially being a semi-lock down assist. The L version I just want the hitbox to be better orrrr have a slight slight vacuum effect & M versio....nn....ummmm I feel meter gain is silly and like mike said, wouldn't do much to help. Hmm I gotta think about this....

Here's my 2 cents

What if the twirl had an added effect where blood spurted out as her scythe twirled around her? Something more visually reminiscent of molecular shield perhaps. Each version of the special would be varied in range and effect. The effect would be created by just using the same blood and effect animations that are currently used for Double and Eliza. This would obviously take a little bit more work than just tweaking the effects and properties of each move, so yeah...

Here's my 2 cents

What if the twirl had an added effect where blood spurted out as her scythe twirled around her? Something more visually reminiscent of molecular shield perhaps. Each version of the special would be varied in range and effect. The effect would be created by just using the same blood and effect animations that are currently used for Double and Eliza. This would obviously take a little bit more work than just tweaking the effects and properties of each move, so yeah...

So it would be just like Rocks then? Just with out the throwing of the projectiles. That would be cool, but like you said it would take some work to make it possible. Mike? you listening to this guy, make twirl just like Rocks. ;^)

....-_- blood spurting. Really. As much as I want something interesting...idk if there's something that actually makes sense.

So it would be just like Rocks then? Just with out the throwing of the projectiles.

Yup, pretty much. The only reason I bothered to suggest it is because I imagine Mike could just use the same effects that are used for Double. Again, it would require a bit of extra work...but hey, it's not like Mike and the team don't already go the extra mile for just about everything they do :P

Double-gif-skullgirls-31452864-578-638.gif

Well, I could put blood around it for M to make it absorb projectiles I guess? Beh.
Best idea so far. I'm not sure I want to differentiate it a whole lot, though, myself...
Eww get dat Reverge logo outta here.

Yes let's add more projectile adsorbing moves to Eliza, it's not like her cr Hk, DP statues, and second cr mp isn't enough SHE NEED MOAR. NO ONE WILL EVER WANT TO USE PEACOCK AGAINST AN ELIZA EVER AGAIN. DO IT MIKE AND I WILL LEAVE MY SLEEPY TOWN IN THE EAST COAST TO PERSONALLY GIVE YOU A KISS.

Yes let's add more projectile adsorbing moves to Eliza, it's not like her cr Hk, DP statues, and second cr mp isn't enough SHE NEED MOAR. NO ONE WILL EVER WANT TO USE PEACOCK AGAINST AN ELIZA EVER AGAIN. DO IT MIKE AND I WILL LEAVE MY SLEEPY TOWN IN THE EAST COAST TO PERSONALLY GIVE YOU A KISS.
Er. Peacock works well as rushdown too though?

Absorbing projectiles is an interesting idea, although it seems like it would perhaps feel a little too differentiated from the L and H versions. Maybe not, it's hard to say.

What if each version of the twirl had a blood spurting effect of varying width and height? For example the L version could have very little blood effect added, the M version could have a wide blood effect, and the H version could be only as wide as the L version but notably higher. This way each version could serve the same function that they currently perform while giving the M version a purpose and still keeping them visually unified. I'm not sure what increasing the width of the hitbox would do for M, but perhaps it could be useful.

Or you could just do nothing and leave them to be more or less the way they currently are :P

Also, rushdown Peacock scares the hell outta me ;_;

Er. Peacock works well as rushdown too though?
DON'T CARE, I HAVE NO SLEEP IN LAST THREE DAYS AND I HAVE A TWITCH. JUST USE YOUR MIKE_Z POWERS TO GIVE ELIZA ROCKS OR SOMETHING CLOSE TO IT.

ALSO SKULL YOU GET KISS TOO. DON'T ASK WHY, YOU'RE JUST GETTING ONE

Or y'know, L gets none, M gets some stationary ones, and H becomes actual Molecular Shield. :^)

Actually that sounds really good I just want the rocks. (is that too much to ask for?) oh the possibilities and we haven't even gotten to play with any of Eliza's other specials she is going to be so much fun to play with.

Reactions: Shumabooma
Or y'know, L gets none, M gets some stationary ones, and H becomes actual Molecular Shield. :^)

Why ya gotta go and make me feel all silly for not suggesting the obvious solution...but yeah, that would make a lot more sense than what I was saying :P

So, can we know what her other special moves/supers are :PUN:

Something like a vacuum or a side switching mechanic might be neat.

Just an idea:
QCB LK - no damage, short active time, but with projectile shield (like Doom)
and QCB MK will be like LK now

What do you think?

edit
Sorry, i will stop suggesting right now.

So how does Eliza play to you guys so far? Like what would you say her style is?

Like slow valentine

Movement makes me think of I-No from Guilty Gear, but with a less relentless pressure. Her attacks just aren't as fast. That said, she's got good range on her normals. You can kinda get in and out by varying the normals between those with vacuum effects and multi-hit moves that push you back. You end up getting set up for good whiff punishes.

Eliza is going to be a slower then Val. but with multi-hitting moves, and an air dash. She has moves that can block projectiles aka her hk slide, and the blood statues summoned from her DP. Later on we're going to get her servent summons which is going to make her act like Captain Commando in MvC2. Right now we're trying to get Mike to change her twirl sorta into Doom Rocks. Thrombocytic Shield!

So, can we know what her other special moves/supers are :PUN:

I only want the special with Albus & Horace.

She has a reliable reversal in the statues though, don't forget that... That's a pretty big point of difference between her and Valentine.

Also j.MK is a sex kick, Valentine doesn't have a move to compare to that.

I think just because they have airborne hover dashes doesn't make them really feel all that similar. Valentine is an assist abuser, Eliza feels more like a mid ranged opportunist.

Well, I could put blood around it for M to make it absorb projectiles I guess? Beh.
Best idea so far. I'm not sure I want to differentiate it a whole lot, though, myself...
Eww get dat Reverge logo outta here.
thats what i was suggesting basically
I think she's more like if Val and Parasoul had sweet tig bitty Egyptian babies.
can we please make a "best quotes in skullgirls forum" thread??
Okay you can stop suggesting things again now. :^)
Eventually. Why not go watch that one UFGT panel while you wait? Heh.
I love this kind of stuff o_O Will watch after I finish CowBoy BeBop & Claymore Blu-Ray & DVD boxsets I just bought.

BEliza is just a lot like Jedah from VSav the same airdash and good air normals to put pressure on the air.
But unlike him being unable to get a knockdown she gets one on a.hk but she gets far away losing pressure.
And both are gore friends I just want her to cut her head off and spill blood on the opponents. <3

And it's too early to know how she will play because we haven't seen Sehkmet yet and the blood related specials and no lvl 1 special. And yet she looks solid.

Well I don't know if the blood is going to be a factor for Eliza, I can safely say that Eliza will have servant summons just like Captain Commando from MvC. One is a dive kick and the other is a command grab that will cause a wall bounce. As of the lv1 supers maybe one of her's is where she turns into Sehkmet just like Ryu can change to Akuma or Ken in the original MvC. Don't I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

Yeah, that kinda makes her scary. She isn't finished yet and she can still do a lot. Blood stuff might be off the table (or not idk), but we can look forward to seeing what/how Albus and Horace/Sekhmet mode play into her gameplan. As well as her other supers so that we know how she uses meter. Then we can really assess how she should play, but so far she's looking really good.

Nah, you don't know that.

Hmm I remember looking at one of Persona's streams and seeing the animation. maybe I'm mistaken if so I"m sorry, it could also be a slide knockdown or nothing at all. Der...

Well, we only really know that Albus throws em at the wall. It's properties could still be tweaked is what he means.

Well, we only really know that Albus throws em at the wall. It's properties could still be tweaked is what he means.
Yeah... now that I think about it, giving that move a wallbounce would be almost too good for Eliza to have. eh I still feel embarrassed about that memory donk, sorry about that.

Combo wise, Eliza feels kinda like Val. A slow Val without multi-hitting air moves, but everything can loop into itself and she has huge corner carry potential and does huge damage in the corners.
Also with the current (unfinished) hitboxes, it's like they gave Eliza the j.mp of Cerebella. Hella hitstun (tho not as much as Bella), decent range, and disjointed.

....I just hope we don't have to use a lvl 1 to transform...if it renders you completely vulnerable for 60 frames or so that's fine...but I don't want one of the level 1 supers to be transform UNLESS:

1) the transform acts like an install (painwheel...yes, I said painwheel) & is more than a meager 10 seconds...more like...more than 10 seconds...orrr

2) the super does it's thing & you're transformed after

Status
Not open for further replies.