• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blood for the Blood Goddess! Eliza BETA Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I could put blood around it for M to make it absorb projectiles I guess? Beh.
Best idea so far. I'm not sure I want to differentiate it a whole lot, though, myself...

Would you feel better if one pulled the other player in like Repulsor Blast and the other pushed them out and did decent chip damage more like Molecular Shield?

Edit2: Nevermind, my reading compression sucks apparently.

Last edited:
....I just hope we don't have to use a lvl 1 to transform...if it renders you completely vulnerable for 60 frames or so that's fine...but I don't want one of the level 1 supers to be transform UNLESS:

1) the transform acts like an install (painwheel...yes, I said painwheel) & is more than a meager 10 seconds...more like...more than 10 seconds...orrr

2) the super does it's thing & you're transformed after
I never seen anyone play Painwheel online sometimes I even forget she is in the game, sadly.
Is the install good?

Would you feel better if one pulled the other player in like Repulsor Blast and the other pushed them out and did decent chip damage more like Molecular Shield?

Edit2: Nevermind, my reading compression sucks apparently.
Nooooo please let's end the chip damage idea. It's silly IMO

@Colares the install itself isn't too different, but it's the way it works. It stops everything on the screen and leaves PW at frame advantage. Idk if you've ever played blazblue but it's just like ragnas blood kain -- use it to make some cool ass combos or use it to get safe

This is all speculation, but the girl has sliding knockdowns for a reason. Switching character styles shouldn't cost meter but it should be unsafe as hell so you'd have to think about when you should do it. Kinda like Val's poison load.

Throwing a lvl1 for a transformation implies that switching to Sekhmet/Eliza is a power up, when it's really not. It's more of something like a stance change.

Reactions: Nuuance
I never seen anyone play Painwheel online sometimes I even forget she is in the game, sadly.
Is the install good?

There's some old guy named Taluda. I hear he's pretty good.

Long story short on Install: She can out-zone anyone other than Peacock and gets to do a lot more damage off of any combo starter. Plus, infinite super armor is cool

Reactions: Arcana
This is all speculation, but the girl has sliding knockdowns for a reason. Switching character styles shouldn't cost meter but it should be unsafe as hell so you'd have to think about when you should do it. Kinda like Val's poison load.
I dunno about this. I mean it's hard to say when none of the Sekhmet stuff has been implemented and we have no idea how any of it's gonna work, but there's other characters in the game who can combo into sliding knockdown and sacrifice momentum for some sort of power up (Val, like you said, also Squigly and Big Band) and in every instance it is not worth it. Momentum in this game is nuts and when you have it you don't wanna be like "nah, I don't need this momentum, you can get up safely if you want I'm just gonna load this orange vial that I may or may not get a chance to use". If Sekhmet is like NUTS it could be worth it but just basing on similar things that are in the game already it will probably not be nuts.

There's some old guy named Taluda. I hear he's pretty good.

Long story short on Install: She can out-zone anyone other than Peacock and gets to do a lot more damage off of any combo starter. Plus, infinite super armor is cool

She also has better flight speed during install.

Oohh then PW might be good with meter.
Oohh BEliza is freaking Jedah there's a color and her shp is his slow overhead.

Mike When's Fish and Wolf? Or even Shaqnakaris on SG would be friggin awesome.(after Belatrix OFC)

Her throw range is stupid long week 1 cry for nerfs incoming. Oh and the animation on bot are really good.

Oohh then PW might be good with meter.
Oohh BEliza is freaking Jedah there's a color and her shp is his slow overhead.

Mike When's Fish and Wolf? Or even Shaqnakaris on SG would be friggin awesome.(after Belatrix OFC)

Her throw range is stupid long week 1 cry for nerfs incoming. Oh and the animation on bot are really good.
Are you okay? Do I need to call an ambulance?

I feel like it would make sense for it to be a special rather than a super since that's how the mode change characters I've seen work. But ultimately LZ is gonna have final say in how she'll work and I'm sure they can figure out a way to make it work right.

....I just hope we don't have to use a lvl 1 to transform...if it renders you completely vulnerable for 60 frames or so that's fine...but I don't want one of the level 1 supers to be transform UNLESS:

1) the transform acts like an install (painwheel...yes, I said painwheel) & is more than a meager 10 seconds...more like...more than 10 seconds...orrr

2) the super does it's thing & you're transformed after

I look at it like ABA.

The super version (2 meters =P )would be safe way to change modes. She'd then have a special that just requires better timing and has worse recovery.

+/- any unique attributes of course.

Reactions: OldOnyxBones

Throwing a lvl1 for a transformation implies that switching to Sekhmet/Eliza is a power up, when it's really not. It's more of something like a stance change.
+1 Yeah this makes complete sense and she does have a LOT of distance-creating moves. Like crazy. I'm guessing 60...or maybe 75 frames would be feasible. 90 max for transformation. What IM getting hype about is using a lockdown assist, transforming, then getting back into the action...

Swag...oh wherefore art thou so swag?

It would be cool if one of the supers changed her form after it was done doing the fun damage part :D

HD version of eliza's lv3:
I knew it

Eliza is literal dung

Are you okay? Do I need to call an ambulance?
When your poverty, oldman and favorite game gets so much love you all will see how I feel.

Where did Mike confirm this?

No one confirmed that. This is speculation.

Reactions: Icky
Aye, It was My speculation which was really me just thinking of a possible way for Eliza to switch to Sekhmet. In the end it's LZ's character and they can do what they think is best for her.

Yeah alright I'm gonna stop reading this thread now, speculation is not necessary for me to see cuz then I have to ignore it.

BUT
combo into sliding knockdown and sacrifice momentum for some sort of power up (Val, like you said, also Squigly and Big Band) and in every instance it is not worth it. Momentum in this game is nuts and when you have it you don't wanna be like "nah, I don't need this momentum, you can get up safely if you want I'm just gonna load this orange vial that I may or may not get a chance to use".
Wha? I think you're completely backward, dude. I use sliding to taunt with Big Band all the time...and even just use it for okizeme with Cerebella.
(I showed Shin this but I guess I have to show you too...Val can use s.HKx3 anywhere, even midstage, cancel to a vial load, and still have enough time to run all the way up and either get a meaty or a crossup. You sacrifice pretty much nothing.)

Reactions: Shumabooma
Yeah alright I'm gonna stop reading this thread now, speculation is not necessary for me to see cuz then I have to ignore it.

BUT

Wha? I think you're completely backward, dude. I use sliding to taunt with Big Band all the time...and even just use it for okizeme with Cerebella.
(I showed Shin this but I guess I have to show you too...Val can use s.HKx3 anywhere, even midstage, cancel to a vial load, and still have enough time to run all the way up and either get a meaty or a crossup. You sacrifice pretty much nothing.)
I didn't know that about Val s.HK, so I take that one back. But I think taunting after sliding knockdown with Big Band is wrong 100% of the time.

Yeah, in Mike's defense, sliding knockdowns are so good for keeping pressure (since you get advantage on hit + untechable oki + a screen's worth of positioning) that he completely removed all of Filia's access to them.

Also maybe this sound stupid but maybe these characters need more work than Skullgirls characters? I mean a lot of them have a tail..

??? stay on topic about Eliza (?)

Does mentioning Eliza in your post count as being on-topic?

In this case, yes. As does quoting something about Eliza. If you wanted your question to be more correct in its assumptions, you should have asked why you were "warned" without an actual warning... Whereas those that were offtopic before you... Were not.

HOWEVER, some leniency is to be expected in all things and your post just happened to be on the tail end of that leniency. Dont take it personal, I'm sure it wasnt meant that way at all. And yes, painwheel should be complained about in the painwheel forum... Its what i do.

:)

ANYWAY.

EDIT: On Topic please. Warnings are now being distributed and posts below this have been deleted.

Last edited:
I wonder if the chariot super will have super armor, after all, the hits will be for Albus and Horace in the first place.

I haven't played with Eliza yet cause my comp is too slow to run SG so would anyone say that Eliza is beginner friendly?

From what I read so far, sounds like she is not.

I haven't played with Eliza yet cause my comp is too slow to run SG so would anyone say that Eliza is beginner friendly?

I wouldn't say so, her air combos require you to be very precise with the cancelling, and then you have to choose a good move to cancel from the air dash. I would say her ground game is easier though.

Yeah I'd say it's the same with what @Rhynozilla said...she requires pretty tight airdash cancelling. Filia does too, but at least with her as long as you touch the opponent. The move essentially connects. However with Eliza, she's also like Val in that you really gotta not just ADC quickly , but time many as well.

For example the 2nd bnb combo I made in this video is realllllly tough because the ADC is so weird and going into c.mk is actually pretty hard from the air.

I really like what we have of Eliza so far and I'm suuuuper excited for her to get a level 1 super (even if it doesn't work properly) just so i can dhc with her lol

I really like what we have of Eliza so far and I'm suuuuper excited for her to get a level 1 super (even if it doesn't work properly) just so i can dhc with her lol
you can dhc into and out of level 3s dude

so would anyone say that Eliza is beginner friendly?

Hard to tell when she only has two specials and is missing stuff like her summons and transformation to sekhmet, which is a vital mechanic of hers. Though having to learn two characters in one implies that she'll need some extra time and work to learn.

The only concrete thing I will comment on is how ridiculous her ground throw range is. It's almost a character length away. So in a game where people don't tech throws, sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.