• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blood for the Blood Goddess! Eliza BETA Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only concrete thing I will comment on is how ridiculous her ground throw range is. It's almost a character length away. So in a game where people don't tech throws, sure?
It hits as far as bella c.lk, that's how stupid the throw range is

Eliza's grab range is farther than the other light weight characters, but it's roughly around the same length as Big Band's grab range. The only reason why I find Eliza's grab to be so great is the fact that her grab is kinda hard to see, it doesn't obviously look like a grab, compared to the rest of the cast. I don't know, it's still a crazy long grab for her which makes her so bloody dangerous (heh blood) even in her beta stage.

but it's roughly around the same length as Big Band's grab range.
seems legit for BB to have a far hitting grab, he's huge. But Eliza...well when she does it, it feels like she's shouting "come over here!" at the same time

seems legit for BB to have a far hitting grab, he's huge. But Eliza...well when she does it, it feels like she's shouting "come over here!" at the same time

Well she's using her staff. It makes sense for it to have some range on it.

like I said her grab is better cause it don't look like an obvious grab like BB's. the tripping animation is deceptive and makes you think the range is shorter than it really is.

you can dhc into and out of level 3s dude
i know, i just want to be able to panic button dhc into catheads/bikes/squigly for 2 bars and stuff like that

Eliza's grab range is farther than the other light weight characters
Peacock?

I have no idea, haven't looked at it at all, but Pea's throw range is pretty long.

Whether the throw looks like one or not is pretty darn irrelevant btw, 7f startup can't ever be obvious in any way.

Reactions: Mr. X
But grabs are so fast that you can't react to someone using a grab, go "oh yeah, that's a grab animation alright," then doing something about it.
Unless it whiffs, but even still there's not very many frames of recovery on throws.

Yeah, it not "looking like a throw" on startup is a non-issue since you don't react to throws in the first place.

Reactions: Tomo009 and Icky
I dunno about this. I mean it's hard to say when none of the Sekhmet stuff has been implemented and we have no idea how any of it's gonna work, but there's other characters in the game who can combo into sliding knockdown and sacrifice momentum for some sort of power up (Val, like you said, also Squigly and Big Band) and in every instance it is not worth it. Momentum in this game is nuts and when you have it you don't wanna be like "nah, I don't need this momentum, you can get up safely if you want I'm just gonna load this orange vial that I may or may not get a chance to use". If Sekhmet is like NUTS it could be worth it but just basing on similar things that are in the game already it will probably not be nuts.

Sliding knock-downs with Bella into Titan Knuckle are really good, providing safe jumps and option selects afterwards (against Fenrir, even).

also noting Eliza's throw midscreen followed by c.hk leaves you next to the opponent and is +21.
Plenty of time for settng up any oki.

also noting Eliza's throw midscreen followed by c.hk leaves you next to the opponent and is +21.
Plenty of time for settng up any oki.
Yeah I been doing the c.hk follow up for swag and it's fun for oki.

Yooo. That looks epic. So I'm guessing Sekhmet's transformations will have attacks to transition into through combos to make the transformation safe.

But would Sekhmet herself be safe after these attacks?

I was hoping for a Super that would Quickly let you transform during superflash like Cat heads

Reactions: Wenzel
I wonder what the drawbacks to switching to Sekhmet are going to be.

Judging by what Eliza excels in, a loss of range and damage.

Kind of looks like the recovery time of any deactivation(?) would be dependent on spacing like Lei Lei’s\Hsien-Ko’s darkforce.

Interesting to note that the meter of the transforming Eliza in that vid hops from 5 down to 4, back to 5, down to 4, up to 5 one last time and finally settling on 4.

I wonder if the four canopic jars floating inside of Eliza will play into anything?

I think the jars are just for effect

Interesting to note that the meter of the transforming Eliza in that vid hops from 5 down to 4, back to 5, down to 4, up to 5 one last time and finally settling on 4.
Back and to the left. Back and to the left.

Yeah, the jars are most likely for effect just like in her hitstun.

Regarding the intermittent meter gauge, the khopesh flurry might be the Blockbuster and not the transformation or, at least, a meter-costing safer transformation option.Still clinging to my, likely ill-placed, hopes for a dual-stance character.
Hopefully this little sneak peek means Sekhmet will be showcased this Salty.

Side note - Eliza Eliza (Tekken) palette. Elizaception

Reactions: Nuuance
Regarding the intermittent meter gauge, the khopesh flurry might be the Blockbuster and not the transformation or, at least, a meter-costing safer transformation option.Still clinging to my, likely ill-placed, hopes for a dual-stance character.
Hopefully this little sneak peek means Sekhmet will be showcased this Salty.

That could be a possibility. Having unsafe special transformations and a safe super transform.

Btw, what do you mean by double stance?

Also, I was kinda wondering if they were saving updates for after Salty.

Btw, what do you mean by double stance?
Someone like Gen from Street Fighter, id est, a character with two different sets of moves (basic, special, supers, etc). In Gen's case, he switches to Ki-ryuu by pressing all 3 Kick buttons and then all 3 Punch buttons to go back to Sou-ryuu; it's done almost seamlessly.

Mariel's comment about how working on Eliza is as taxing as creating two separate characters and seeing the first Sekhmet frames of stance, crouch and the recent walk cycle certainly left me humoring the idea but I can't fault Lab Zero if such is not the case as they never promised what I am hoping for.

Mariel's comment about how working on Eliza is as taxing as creating two separate characters and seeing the first Sekhmet frames of stance, crouch and the recent walk cycle certainly left me humoring the idea but I can't fault Lab Zero if such is not the case as they never promised what I am hoping for.

I've just been going with the idea that she would be a mode change char like Aigis in P4A.

I think it's pretty much safe to assume that Sekhmet mode drains meter over time. The reason we couldn't see the draining would be because the training mode was set to refill meter, so it got stuck at "4.999". The moments Sekhmet actually hit the enemy and got a bit of meter for it made the meter go back to 5 for an instant.

So did he just accidentally do that in the stream? That really seems like it was supposed to be a surprise for Salty! :P

Most likely. He was just messing with moves for the colors.

There's some old guy named Taluda. I hear he's pretty good.

Long story short on Install: She can out-zone anyone other than Peacock and gets to do a lot more damage off of any combo starter. Plus, infinite super armor is cool

Don't forget about the sexiest throw in the game.

Side note - Eliza Eliza (Tekken) palette. Elizaception
Pshh, I already suggested that
RqCKmuJ.png

Pshh, I already suggested that
RqCKmuJ.png

At least he has the right pairing in mind for her.

All will stop dead in their tracks when facing Paraliza.

..that’s probably been done already hasn’t it?

Last edited:
-So the coffin works like squigly tombstone?
-Maybe for back to Eliza Sek need walk back to the coffin(stay close)

-So the coffin works like squigly tombstone?
-Maybe for back to Eliza Sek need walk back to the coffin(stay close)

By the looks of it, it could function like Litchi's staff. So maybe Sekh will have moves to maybe move it, or to get to it faster, or to bring it to her.

pffttt anna williams pallet for eliza and ino pallet (because they're all femme fatales with a bob cut)

Status
Not open for further replies.