• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Cerebrawl

I never got to finish the stream because it was getting pretty late. So asking anyone that did, did he ever finish the KO screen he was working on?

yup Eliot finished the new KO splash screen. I'm starting to notice that things are moving slightly away from the heavy comic book look and more to this gritty industrial feel. Like a Pizza topped with barbed wire...

KO.png

Also Eliot had this pop up for a very very brief second... [thought nobody would notice didyah?]

OldCerebrawl.png

As we can see here this is a slightly older mock up of Cerebrawl's planned Hud, the health bars were the same a couple of builds ago. But here we have the meter bar shown and it going up to 5 lvls. Now this might change later down the road, but if this holds true then Meter will be the key resource for combos, that besides supers we might be seeing Alpha counters, and Meter spending to tag in and out of your other character/ player in the middle of a combo. Remember this game will be using Tekken Tag Team mechanics, so say for a metered tag out would be :QCF::MP::MK: it would launch the opponent and the tag out animation would happen. The launch would not be affected by the juggle system so this could be a safe way to tag out at the end of a combo so you can recover red health.

Reactions: Fumako and Gamrdogg
Oho, he added the bolts. Well...indents I guess :)
Although I'm not sure how the industrial look would feel in other stages since their dreams would look so different and stuff.

Oho, he added the bolts. Well...indents I guess :)
Although I'm not sure how the industrial look would feel in other stages since their dreams would look so different and stuff.
well the pocket dimensions are more mixed into the city of Harmon itself... so... like with OP28's stage you could expect a Castle fused with an unfinished Skyscraper. So a ton of concrete and steel beams mixed in with classic stone walls. Things are going to be much more blended that the differences between dream and reality are not going to be that startling. Because of that, the more industrial look to the design of the HUD elements would be slightly better fit. Now is the comic book elements going to disappear fully? nah but I feel like it's going to put into more of a background element more than in the foreground.

Reactions: Gamrdogg
sounds like something you'd listen to after beating a character's arcade mode.

sounds like something you'd listen to after beating a character's arcade mode.
mmmhh i guess... I'm sure Mello is going to rap to it.

CEREBRAWL ALPHA v 0.2b

ChJ_sExUUAEuMVT.jpg

credit: Eric Huang

• Pendulum Kick added with 3 strengths - ➡↙↘ + LK, MK or HK

• Witch Knuckle now has 3 strengths - QCF + LP is short range, QCF + MP is medium range and QFC + HP has a delay before a short range punch with a launcher

• Cancels have been added to all standing and crouching moves for Special Kick and Special Punch

• Cancels have been added to all standing and crouching moves for Special Kick and Special Punch

• Cancels have been added for jumping attacks into Special Kick

• Air Special Kick [Pendulum Kick] has been added

• Assist call animation finished

• Extra frames added to Helen's juggle animation

• Will on Sunday, April 24th: "I'm gonna be real here, and I can't remember what I changed but I feel like I changed something so here we go." - so, whatever that means

KNOWN BUGS: The UI is currently having spacing issues. Please run the game windowed at 1600 x 900. Will fix ASAP.

Stay Frosty~

oh that was a mistype It's just standard Shoryu motion sorry!
Phew!

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

yeah but over all things are getting much more uniformed. Helen is feeling really good and due to the new cancel windows and adjustments to the gravity combos are pretty much back since v0.1 E

so expect me making some more junk for Eliot and Aaron to show case at PAX Prime in the summer.

fun fact, s.mk into mk pendulum kick, the second part of the kick crosses up. Neato... Helen is going to have shenanigans.

Oh man 2Mello Acting in as your DJ and as Cerebrawl's Announcer, Things are going to get Funky~!

https://instaud.io/oeF

I actually like some of the sass that Mello brings, makes the whole thing kinda light hearted.

So a little extra thing. Zero Dimensions is gearing up to be presenting Cerebrawl at their booth at PAX Prime in Seattle from September 2nd to the 5th. So if you're in the area be sure to pop on down to their place and hang out with em.

Last edited:
omg seriously when are these streams? I keep missing them :(

omg seriously when are these streams? I keep missing them :(
streams are on 10:30 pm EST on Wednesday or 7:30 PST. and 10 pm/ 7pm for Saturday. Streams are to go on to Midnight PST, or 3 am EST.

If not anything else I'll try to post anything that is important that happens during a stream, and at least one pizza video.

Right now Eliot is trying to patent Barbed Wire Pizza.

Reactions: Fumako and Gamrdogg
Hello again from Zero Dimension
Cerebrawl v0.2c

• Fix for assist tag animations happening twice
  • Fix for animations not looping at a custom point
  • Refining of the assist state machine
  • Standing normal attacks can now cancel into assist call.There is no rule in place to stop multiple assist calls during a combo so this is an infinite combo goldmine. Any 2 punch buttons, can now cause a Forward Dash and the Forward dash is quicker. Using HP Special punch with your assist is much easier on p2.​
  • Final art for crouching jab
  • New color palettes for p2 and p4

This is a small update to get us ready for a long week working on our Power of Play demo. There will be another early update next Sunday with our finished demo, including a (mostly) finished training mode, new health bars, and a new um uh demo lol... demo screen? Uhhh a uh. lol. Place holder title screen. No! A place holder main menu.

Thanks love ya!
1f47b

Zero Dimension

(This email was dictated by Aaron and typed by Aaron's wife)

aw... isn't that sweet? I'm blushing here.

Would be awesome if you could post a video showing all the new stuff on the updates @Ninja
oh shit uh... @SkullMan is actually doing that.

he has posted play footage of all the recent builds of the game. [fuck I forgot to post the latest one...]

uh.... yeah. I'll ask him if he's going to do a video on 0.2C

either way I'm going to make a mini CMV for 0.2C cause you can now do some crazy shit with assist call canceling.

LOUD BARFING NOISES

good night...
I was literally just about to comment how the game's combos are lacking from DMoney's video, but you have shown otherwise. We have found Cerebrawl's first world champion.

you know YOU can be a champion as well by spreading the word about Cerebrawl. Let people know about the Zero Dimension crew being at PAX Prime this year. Every last bit of help counts to these guys. Support them like you support SG.

I would be happy to do the updates for the game. When it comes to combos, I can't do the Witch Knuckle special into the super to save my life. I tried doing the light knuckle into the super and it still won't come out.

I would be happy to do the updates for the game. When it comes to combos, I can't do the Witch Knuckle special into the super to save my life. I tried doing the light knuckle into the super and it still won't come out.
yeah... the super is still motion + 3 buttons. I have always had trouble with that. I'm embarrassed to say this but when I cancel into super I quickly jump my right pointer finger which is on R1 over to L1 for the Triple Punch Macro.

yup. but really I'm more interested in the assist loops. getting the ability to call assist multiple times in a combo.

So many opportunities that can be done with the assist calls. This is interesting.

I just realized that Susan reminds me a lot of Lilith from Vanguard Princess. She was the only character I found super satisfying and really well designed in that game and Seeing Susan might have some similar things going on makes me really happy. Especially since the 2v2 format would benefit that move set a lot more than the assist partner VP had.

VP is pretty well designed iirc, it's just that no one will ever know outside of Japanese tournaments due to the lack of netplay.

hmmmmmm... Susan is still in planning stages so me saying that she's a grappler is just the general plan... She might be like Alex where she has grab follow ups off of moves that cause crumples or something... who knows... [ She might have one of the greatest wrestling moves ever made... the Canadian Destroyer... with Lightning.] She's meant to break the whole gag of Grappler must be big buff strong dude... so here is this 12 [?] year old little girl ready to punk up your life.

VP is pretty well designed iirc, it's just that no one will ever know outside of Japanese tournaments due to the lack of netplay.
I'd have to disagree due to the way the comers are designed like its a more fast paced fighter making them extremely hard to fight when you lack an air dash or a run tool.

In the case of Susan, i was mostly going off design and what I assumed from what I'd read about her. The type of grapples she is isn't the biggest deal, provided she's fluid and fun and such. I just immediately harkened her back to Lilith cause little girl who is also a grappler with a noticable punk design

Last edited:
I'd have to disagree due to the way the comers are designed like its a more fast paced fighter making them extremely hard to fight when you lack an air dash or a run tool.

Have you played it against anyone though? At a high level? JP tournaments are legit and really interesting to watch. The assist partners are real game changers.

IMO being analytical is good and all, but with fighting games, I feel you really need a community and time to crack open a game's meta. Talking about who is and isn't well designed off of limited casual play time sounds like a recipe for unintentional "throws are cheap" scrubbishness.

Even if you had been playing the game for 1-2 years with a friend, dedicated, that's still, what, 2 characters out of the entire cast being explored? And are those even being fully explored by 2 relatively casual players?

For comparison, let's imagine that 2 players play MVC2 for 2 years straight, alone, with no outside information and discovering everything on their own. I bet you they wouldn't even discover half the things that characterize the game, and I'm also willing to bet that they'd think Iceman is top tier lmao.

Last edited:
I'm also willing to bet that they'd think Iceman is top tier lmao.
Iceman wasn't top tier in any local community after like 3 months. Cable was immediately top and stayed there, though.