• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 11, 2015] NEC 16 - Main Game & $1,000 Pot Bonus (King of Prussia, PA)

IF YOU HAVE AN OPINION ON WHICH CONSOLE YOU WANT TO PLAY ON FOR NEC.

PLEASE VOTE ^ ^ ^

DO NOT VOICE YOUR OPINION HERE IT WILL NOT BE ACCOUNTED FOR, vote in the FB thread and you may post something on the matter if you'd like. Let us know guys, or more importantly, let Eric know.

I'm a weirdo who uses a Wii Classic Controller Pro, with a Mayflash USB converter that's compatible with PC and PS3. Will converters like that be fine for PS4 thanks to Lab Zero's driver? Sounds like it should be okay if he says it only affects players without converters, but since this is a bit of an unorthodox setup I figure I should double check and make absolutely sure this thing is kosher.

I'm a weirdo who uses a Wii Classic Controller Pro, with a Mayflash USB converter that's compatible with PC and PS3. Will converters like that be fine for PS4 thanks to Lab Zero's driver? Sounds like it should be okay if he says it only affects players without converters, but since this is a bit of an unorthodox setup I figure I should double check and make absolutely sure this thing is kosher.

Believe it or not you aren't the only person that does this, so yes you'll be fine either way! :)

Reactions: missingno
It was only the one troll friend of mine haha.

I'm never running an offline tournament on PC for aslong as I live :D

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
PC with supplied 6-button sticks. Let's see ya seed THAT bracket.

It was only the one troll friend of mine haha.

I'm never running an offline tournament on PC for aslong as I live :D

Is there any way to remove that option altogether? I figured it was a joke but people might be voting for it over the real options that matter.

Reactions: Chip Blaster
Is there any way to remove that option altogether? I figured it was a joke but people might be voting for it over the real options that matter.

Only people voting for it are ass eating savage friends of mine who are just teasing its all good.

The fact that the difference between this vote is only one kinda tells you just how divided the community is on this topic, really.

I support 6 button stick only tournaments.

Obviously they should run the tournament on glorious Linux.

We're going to stick with PS3 as advertised, since we had no clear cut winner.

No one should have HUGE objections to this since...

1. Summer Jam
2. We've been playing on the hardware for 3+ years now.

However, this opened my eyes and showed that the community really has to figure out a clear cut winner on what console to run. The poll was practically tied and never really decisive at any point, which I find strange.

I hope sticking to PS3 doesn't upset anyone over the top, its just way more simple to keep it as advertised since PS4 didn't win in a landslide.

I just need to remember to bring an extra usb cable with me in case my shorts out mid-match on me again then.

Talk to Eric to prove both PS3 and Ps4!

Talk to Eric to prove both PS3 and Ps4!

I've never been about running two different consoles for a tournament, they run differently to some degree and we'd have to worry about pad players and whatnot.

PS3

Reactions: Pickles
I didn't even know this vote was going on whoops. I can't be the only one.

You should get every person who attends NEC to vote PS3 or PS4 when they check in for pools.

That data from actual tournament players that showed up is more important than an online open vote.

I didn't even know this vote was going on whoops. I can't be the only one.

You should get every person who attends NEC to vote PS3 or PS4 when they check in for pools.

That data from actual tournament players that showed up is more important than an online open vote.

We wouldn't have enough time for that to make a difference anyway. Its PS3.

Talk in the other thread I just posted so we can discuss what to do for other tournaments.

@keninblack
I don't mean to vote on playing for PS3 or PS4 for NEC.

I mean for moving forward.

Those same people can post in the thread i'm referring to that I just posted, doesn't make a difference. I know who actually goes to events so its the same thing really.

Can't wait to play on the console I haven't touched since Summer Jam and wont touch until NEC.

You won't be the only one!

Hopefully the community can figure it out and we can decide on one or the other on what to do for locals and majors.

It SHOULD be PS4. At EVO they ran PS4, at CEOtaku they ran PS4 and if it wasn't PS4 it was PC, at summer jam people brought PS4's/PC's to play SG on, I don't know why BIG E events are still PS3. We only ever have 2 set ups per pool anyways, we can get 4 people to bring PS4's because we usually bring them anyways.

Me saying its w/e at this point would be lying, I hate playing on PS3. Don't understand how the community even has to think about which one to choose.

With the release of SF5 most major tournaments are going to be switching to PS4 soon. PS4 will soon be the default, tournament standard version of this game, there's no reason to put off the transition any longer really.

(and the Lab Zero driver...if you've been using a PS3 stick all this time, it's gonna work on PS4. not seeing the problem?)

Reactions: Wenzel and fenster
I'm just picking it because its easier to go with PS3 since that's what it started out as AND because it was cut in between.

Go post in that thread and talk about how you think it should be PS4 and if the community makes the decision we'll have it be PS4 by Winter Brawl.

http://skullheart.com/index.php?threads/tournament-standard-going-forward-ps3-or-ps4.8380/

Go here to talk about it, NEC will stay PS3, convince all of those people that wanted PS3 otherwise for the next events.

Okay so everyone like I said, this tournament has to/will be PS3. I can assure you though this'll be the last time. Due to how it was advertised its just easier to make it so.

This will be the last Big E event to do this though I assure you, WB, SJ, and TFC/NEC next year will all be PS4. Assuming CB will be PS4, you can call this a farewell PS3 tournament.

For the people really against that, i'm sorry. Its the best I can do considering everything, i'm sure we can all put up with it one last time as we have since the release of the first version of the game. After NEC i'll be pushing PS4

hi hello i hope to eat cheesesteaks and pizzas with all of you in december
FINALLY a relevant point of discussion regarding this tournament.

What pizza are we getting?

I mean, like, I used to. Then I found the truth of mustard and grilled onions. Then I found the truth of Chipotle sauce. Then the truth of all the toppings. Then the fire nation attacked. Everything changed. And now I can't eat shit.

I'm ready to throw hands. After I practice all my stuff a thousand times.