• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 6, 2013] Northeast Championships 14 (NEC) (Philadelphia, PA)

By the way: @Zidiane did you confirm with @mcpeanuts about going to NEC? Just want to make sure that the room stuff is sorted out xP
He sent me a PM. I think we're good.

Yeah, unless I get hit by a car and become paralyzed from the neck down, or my house burns down, or I have to star in a movie about a young boy who becomes a man through the power of Baseball, I'm almost certainly coming (every other urgent emergency can probably be worked through).

Yeah, unless I get hit by a car and become paralyzed from the neck down, or my house burns down, or I have to star in a movie about a young boy who becomes a man through the power of Baseball, I'm almost certainly coming (every other urgent emergency can probably be worked through).
Shit, that movie thing is really likely though, isn't it? :c

Ah shit. I didn't think this movie was happening for another month. Looks like I won't be able to make it after all, guys :(

(lol)

Update:

The tournament will be on MDE.

BUT... If both players agree to it, you may play the Big Band beta... but BOTH players must agree.

Top 8 however is MDE, no questions.

So I guess the whole tournament will be MDE if... its top 8... >.>

You know wud I mean doe.

Also I'll be taking Pokemon X/Y MM's VGC2014 ruleset.

You mentioned allowing for the option to play on the Big Band beta. Does this mean the tournament is intended to be held on PC at this point? I'm interested in signing up, except for the fact that I don't have a PS3 stick or pad.

You mentioned allowing for the option to play on the Big Band beta. Does this mean the tournament is intended to be held on PC at this point? I'm interested in signing up, except for the fact that I don't have a PS3 stick or pad.

Of course its on PC. Console version is dead until the patch.

Yes it'll be on PC.

360 pads and sticks run just fine so if you have that you'll be fine :)

Also, PS3 sticks after the Round 1 TE will work just fine.

MDE or SDE Im in there.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Also, Big E is still working on the schedule.

Skullgirls will be on Sunday, thats the best I can do right now guys. Sorry.

Also, Big E is still working on the schedule.

Skullgirls will be on Sunday, thats the best I can do right now guys. Sorry.
I certainly hope it's on Sunday, because my plane arrives Saturday evening.

It's gonna be Sunday guaranteed, I established that with him. What time though is up in the air, but if the past shows anything. It'll probably be around noon, just a guess though.

Also, PS3 sticks after the Round 1 AND ROUND 2 TE will work just fine.

Edited for correctness. Not all round 2 sticks work depending on the chipset in the pc.

Wish I could make it and unfortunately SG will prob be on the secondary stream... Bifu streams suck royally always :(

A stream probably isn't happening to be completely honest.

Recordings through the PC's will definitely be going down though if it doesn't cause lag or nothin.

A stream probably isn't happening to be completely honest.

Recordings through the PC's will definitely be going down though if it doesn't cause lag or nothin.
My setup can record locally without lag. I've done it before.

Reactions: keninblack
Do we know time yet, or what stream it's going to be on?

Do we know time yet, or what stream it's going to be on?

Big E still hasn't gotten back to me yet but I'll find out for everyone this week.

And haha stream.

Reactions: dekillsage
Keninblack's Biddies and Doves stream? I'd watch that.

Is there going to be any sort of Lab Zero presence there? I don't think so, but I heard sometimes they go out to tournaments or events like this.

Is there going to be any sort of Lab Zero presence there? I don't think so, but I heard sometimes they go out to tournaments or events like this.

To my knowledge none at all.

With NEC coming up this weekend I just wanna give you guys a quick little rundown on how this'll work...

Day: It will 100% no question be on Sunday, end of discussion.
Time: Still to be decided, just know that it'll fairly early. Late morning to early afternoon, that way we can all get finished and have time to watch finals for other games. Don't expect 6AM or anything crazy like that, that won't happen, but keep in mind it will be fairly early.

Format:
MDE! MDE! MDE! MDE! MDE!
-$10 Entry
-The split will be agreed on by ALL of top 3. However, as it stands it will be 70/20/10.
-Double Elimination
-2 out of 3 for every type of match (Size 1, 2, 3, etc)
-Losers Finals, Winners Finals, and Grand Finals will be 3 OUT OF 5

Bracket/Seeding:
The goal is to have 4 little mini quadrants in one decent sized double elimination bracket. With one guaranteed "killer" in each quadrant.

The following people will be seeded by skill, due to previous tournament results. (No Particular Order)
1. Winnie
2. Omniscythe
3. keninblack
4. SonicFox

Everyone else will be seeded by region, the goal is to make it so a player from Maryland won't have to play his friend from Maryland. If both friends live in separate states, whatever happens happens, tough.

PUT DOWN WHAT STATE YOU'RE FROM WHEN YOU SIGN UP

I can't seed you by region if I don't know what region you're from. So write it down next to your name when you sign up.

If you have to play a "killer" in your area of the bracket early, sorry. Its double elimination for a reason, run it back in losers. All 4 of the skill seeded players will receive a bye through the first round, it avoids an unfair match-up and gives other players time to warm up.

DQ's:
If I call your name a bunch of times and you aren't there, you're DQ'd simple. If you're in winners you go to losers, if you're in losers you go home. Now, of course I'm reasonable. If you need to go to the bathroom, take a phone call, grab food, fine. BUT, TELL ME WHERE YOU'RE GOING SO I CAN HOLD YOUR MATCH. If you tell me, I know not to DQ you and I won't... as long as you don't take an absurd amount of time. If you go to the bathroom for 10 minutes and you didn't tell me, and your match was up, chances are you got DQ'd, so be weary of that.

With that said, lets have a good time guys. We have a lot of new blood in the community with the addition of steam. Lets show them how much fun, and how chill this community is when we all gather around and play without the hair ripping, lag-filled frustrations. Good luck everyone.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask guys! :)

Also... whos bringing setups?

@mcpeanuts

I'll be bringing a laptop. We need 2-3 at the most, pending on space.

I will have my computer with me as I always do, but I don't think anybody wants to play on a 10.6" screen even if the game runs at 60fps on max settings. It's available for emergencies, though.

edit: I'll see about picking up an adapter so I can hook it up to an Evo monitor.

I will have my computer with me as I always do, but I don't think anybody wants to play on a 10.6" screen even if the game runs at 60fps on max settings. It's available for emergencies, though.

edit: I'll see about picking up an adapter so I can hook it up to an Evo monitor.

This would be awesome man, thanks so much. I'm sure we can make use of it monitor or not :P

This would be awesome man, thanks so much. I'm sure we can make use of it monitor or not :P
Well, fuck you! I got the adapter anyway already because I was planning on getting on at some point! My setup is officially Evo monitor-compatible!

I can bring mine as emergency laptop. I think it plays well but chances are, someone will not think so and refuse to play on it.

Lets show them how much fun, and how chill this community is when we all gather around and play without the hair ripping, lag-filled frustrations. Good luck everyone.
Woohoo, definitely looking forward to not rolling back into a Diamond Dynamo. I'm probably gonna get bodied super hard in this thing, but who knows, maybe I'll embody that "unknown newcomer who takes the gold" trope.

Reactions: keninblack