• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 6, 2013] Northeast Championships 14 (NEC) (Philadelphia, PA)

Woohoo, definitely looking forward to not rolling back into a Diamond Dynamo. I'm probably gonna get bodied super hard in this thing, but who knows, maybe I'll embody that "unknown newcomer who takes the gold" trope.
Looking forward to...crushing your trope? Maybe?

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I technically could bring my home setup, but I have a clunky desktop pc. Wouldn't really be a problem though since I am driving up to philly this time...

Well, fuck you! I got the adapter anyway already because I was planning on getting on at some point! My setup is officially Evo monitor-compatible!

AWWWWW SHIT YOU DUH BAE

I can bring mine as emergency laptop. I think it plays well but chances are, someone will not think so and refuse to play on it.

I technically could bring my home setup, but I have a clunky desktop pc. Wouldn't really be a problem though since I am driving up to philly this time...

With 3 guaranteed setups including mine, we should be okay guys. Thanks though!

I wish I could still go. I mean, I could possibly get down there but I wouldn't be able to until Friday and then I wouldn't have a room. I was really hoping for this year too.

I mean the tournaments on sunday and you can probably find some1 who has space in their roomington

@Icky @mcpeanuts

Um... This really really sucks... My house sort of caught on fire last night. No one's injured, and it wasn't on my floor, but there are still problems. Have to stay in a hotel right now, and I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it. I still really want to go, so I'm still trying to see what can be done, but it may not happen.

For anyone who wants to see burnt house.
nAvb73s.jpg

sUQTpW8.jpg

cxeGM8z.jpg

IUYwjEY.jpg

A7H65VW.jpg

Wow that was a stroke of bad luck. You have my condolences, hope the issues can be resolved swiftly.

A solobella tourney...? That sounds like one heck of a tribute.

Won't be much but hopefully it helps :)

@Icky @mcpeanuts

Um... This really really sucks... My house sort of caught on fire last night. No one's injured, and it wasn't on my floor, but there are still problems. Have to stay in a hotel right now, and I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it. I still really want to go, so I'm still trying to see what can be done, but it may not happen.

For anyone who wants to see burnt house.
nAvb73s.jpg

sUQTpW8.jpg

cxeGM8z.jpg

IUYwjEY.jpg

A7H65VW.jpg
Goddam, Zid. I'm glad to hear you're alright, but this seriously sucks. Sorry to hear about this, definitely understand if you can't make it anymore.

Saturday Night, in a hotel room. Lets try to run a sololbella only tournament. Put in however much money you want. All goes to zid. Y/N?
I'm still not entering the main tournament, but I'll enter this.

@keninblack we can probably stream this, is there a way we can set up a Paypal so that people watching the stream could donate as well?

Reactions: keninblack
Won't be much but hopefully it helps :)
Just the thought of you guys holding that is enough to make the situation feel better. Make sure you guys stream it, so if I can't go I can watch.

Reactions: Icky and mcpeanuts
Yeah, unless I get hit by a car and become paralyzed from the neck down, or my house burns down, or I have to star in a movie about a young boy who becomes a man through the power of Baseball, I'm almost certainly coming (every other urgent emergency can probably be worked through).
... Anyone remember that...? Why am I so good at prediction...

Reactions: CaioLugon and Icky
@keninblack we can probably stream this, is there a way we can set up a Paypal so that people watching the stream could donate as well?

O we streaming saturday night? O thats the move.

@Zidiane If you use vinegar or vodka (1:1 mix with detergent) and wash your clothes with it, it'll get the burnt smell out of any clothes. My family's house burned down a few years ago, sorry to hear it happened to you.

Last edited:
Wow that's spooky
O we streaming saturday night? O thats the move.
I don't see any reason why we couldn't stream it.

Well sick, I'm okay with it lets just hope the internet works.
What time Saturday? I'm really fired up for this but my plane doesn't arrive until like 9pm.

Well sick, I'm okay with it lets just hope the internet works.
If it doesn't, then we can do the same thing we're doing for the real tournament, just record the matches and upload later.
It's never too soon for a good burn.
Oh my god

Alright will do, and no idea when it'll start just when people are ready to do it.

snip
Oh my god man, I am so sorry to hear :( I'm definitely still down to take you and pick you up from wherever your hotel room is, but I totally understand if you can no loner make it. I hope everything is okay and turns out well.

YOU'RE A WIZARD ZIDIANE!

Reactions: Icky
Oh wait... I pre-regged for NEC. Since I odn't think I'll be going... what do I do with that?

Oh wait... I pre-regged for NEC. Since I odn't think I'll be going... what do I do with that?
No idea, but I apparently waited too long to pre-reg like a fucktard, so now I need to register when I get there :p

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
No idea, but I apparently waited too long to pre-reg like a fucktard, so now I need to register when I get there :p
Anyway you could take my registration... somehow?

Anyway you could take my registration... somehow?
Give it to me, Zid~
I actually hope you get down there yourself.

Give it to me, Zid~
I actually hope you get down there yourself.
Well, I offered it to Icky first. It'd be rude to take it back. If Icky wants he can give it to you.

I also want to get down there myself (mainly to win the Solobella tourney :p), but today was rougher than I thought it'd be. I inhaled a lot of smoke before I got out that night (oh, it was 3:00 AM when the fire started), and I've been feeling a ill ever since. That on top of all of my clothes smell like smoke, and I sorta blew a decent chunk of money trying (and failing) to wash the smell out, and I still have to do a bunch of stuff for the house, so... I'm pretty sure I won't make it. I may still, I'll make sure to talk to Icky Friday Morning to let him know, but yeah.

holy christ zidiane im sorry that happened to you!

I'm with peanuts, I'm not entering the main tournament either but I'll enter the solobella tournament too haha (though I'd like to help run the main one) lol

When: Sunday, 2PM
Signups: 10AM to 12PM
Entry: $10
Bracket: Double Elim

@Icky @mcpeanuts
I got good news and bad news.

Good News: I can go!
Bad News: It's cause my apartment has been deemed unlivable so I don't have to pay rent.

Yaaaay! I can go! (I have a place(s) to stay, so don't worry I'm good on that front)
It will be great to see you, and that's good that you found some place to live in the mean time! Just text me the address where I should pick you up, I'll give you the details as to when I'll be dropping by tomorrow soon

Reactions: Zidiane
Who's getting there on friday? I have nothing to do that day and want to play some casuals/money matches with the peeps

Reactions: Broseidon Rex