• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 8, 2017] SALTY! Friday Weeklies @ Game Realms (Burbank, CA)

I take it this isn't referring to the incident at Jace Hall 1337 Lounge Live event a few years ago.

Wish I could go, sadly I can't drive nor stay out that long at night. Hm... I need a plan of some kind. Overall that's pretty cool, its not that far from my house, just about 30-33 miles away.

There is a ghost moderator who keeps taking my job and editing my post -_-

There is a ghost moderator who keeps taking my job and editing my post -_-
QUIT SLACKIN' Also someone please put a space before Bang it's really bugging me D:

At this point if no one else confirms it's good to have the last three spots as padding for someone who might have seen the tweet but didnt check in on the forums.

Wish I could go, sadly I can't drive nor stay out that long at night. Hm... I need a plan of some kind. Overall that's pretty cool, its not that far from my house, just about 30-33 miles away.
This is where you post location and see if someone can help!!
Can you edit into list who is bringing a setup.
I too will make it out for once

Google Street View of the place:
https://goo.gl/maps/Sdh8V4BwZQD2

Mike says you can park in that lot to the right, and to only park in the spaces labeled HD Films/Victory or on the street, as cars parked in the BluFocus spots will be towed.

I'll give up my spot for Bang-sama if need be :^) I live like 15 minutes from there

late night food near the new venue, listed by distance.

Closes At / Restaurant
--------------------------------------
24hr / McDonald's (0min Walk)
11pm / The Coffee Bean (1min Walk)
1am / Pizza Hut (1min Drive; 4min Walk)
2am / Little Toni's Pizza (2min Drive; 9min Walk)
11pm / The Habit (2min Drive; 9min Walk)
12am / Umami Burger (3min Drive)
24hr / Bob's Big Boy (3min Drive)

May be a few other late night options, but for places open until at least 11pm those were the closest I saw. There was a few 10-10:30 places too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weatherbee
I'll give up my spot for Bang-sama if need be :^) I live like 15 minutes from there
Don't need to do that! He's already in. I meant like, an actual space " " on the list.

Oh, thanks Rob! Was gonna look up food places myself, but you did it! Sweet. Didn't know Bob's Big Boy still existed o.o.

Last edited:
okay yo, I'm gonna finally not be busy tomorrow so I'll call up the Pizza Hut and see if my discount will work there. If it does, we pizza B O Y S

Oh, thanks Rob! Was gonna look up food places myself, but you did it! Sweet. Didn't know Bob's Big Boy still existed o.o.

You can still look up stuff that closes earlier, I just eat late a lot of the time so I looked up things that were open late particularly.

@MegamanDS Add JasonD to the list if you can. Confirming for him because he got locked out of his account.

Good guy Weatherbee. I'll buy you a (free) drink!

In fact... a round of (free) drinks for everyone!

@MegamanDS Add JasonD to the list if you can. Confirming for him because he got locked out of his account.
Thanks GHOST MOD for adding Jason between the hours of 2am and 8am. Ugh, reveal yourself!

Also, it's Fanatiq's birthday. Should we do something for him for helping us get this venue + his first time at salty? I just don't know what.

Also, it's Fanatiq's birthday. Should we do something for him for helping us get this venue + his first time at salty? I just don't know what.

Birthday Beatdown? Just kidding we don't want him to quit. :)

Reactions: KidPanda
Alright, I called up the Pizza Hut nearby. My discount will work for there as well. We PIZZA B O Y S.

That being said, I say that if we wanna do pizza, let's start getting an idea together of what people want and I'll see what deals work best.

Also, as far as monies go, it could be a thing where everyone hits me up with the money after I return with the pizza or something. It's up to y'all.

Alright, I called up the Pizza Hut nearby. My discount will work for there as well. We PIZZA B O Y S.

That being said, I say that if we wanna do pizza, let's start getting an idea together of what people want and I'll see what deals work best.

Also, as far as monies go, it could be a thing where everyone hits me up with the money after I return with the pizza or something. It's up to y'all.

Awesome dude! Ill chip in.

Im down for any toppings.
But favor more the Pineapple, Bacon (not canadian), Jalapeños toppings.

As long as we got some pepperoni I'm good. Also ew pineapple.

This new location is so close to my house and Saturday is a much better day for me but I haven't played this game since I moved a year ago.

This new location is so close to my house and Saturday is a much better day for me but I haven't played this game since I moved a year ago.

dont worry about playing good. i never do. just go out and have fun :]

dont worry about playing good. i never do. just go out and have fun :]

What system is used? PS3 or PC?

isn't twin galaxies from that king of kong documentary?

Is there still room? Can I confirm in?
http://skullheart.com/index.php?thr...laxies-los-angeles-ca.862/page-20#post-327048
Looks like one spot on Dan's list.

25 is going to be A LOT OF PEOPLE though.

What system is used? PS3 or PC?
For the tournament? PS3 (and occasionally PS4). For casuals, they have PCs.

isn't twin galaxies from that king of kong documentary?
Twin Galaxies is an arcade and arcade-record-keeping entity that has been around for a very very long time, yes. Read up ya history!

late night food near the new venue, listed by distance.

Closes At / Restaurant
--------------------------------------
24hr / McDonald's (0min Walk)
11pm / The Coffee Bean (1min Walk)
1am / Pizza Hut (1min Drive; 4min Walk)
2am / Little Toni's Pizza (2min Drive; 9min Walk)
11pm / The Habit (2min Drive; 9min Walk)
12am / Umami Burger (3min Drive)
24hr / Bob's Big Boy (3min Drive)

May be a few other late night options, but for places open until at least 11pm those were the closest I saw. There was a few 10-10:30 places too.
Thanks again for looking up food options.

You are the most beautiful of men.

Can we get some sort of list of people that are going 100% this sat just to get a head count estimate? Just type confirmed and I'll edit this post.

Confirmed
1. MMDS
2. Mike
3. Fanatiq
4. Some Person
5. Wing Zero
6. Verdant Brave
7. DJ Azure
8. Tekkaxe
9. Devita
10. Midiman
11. KidPanda
12. Weatherbee
13. Stuff
14. Nostalgic
15. Juno
16. Dyne
17. Rontanibor
18. Bang
19. Mr. Igloo
20. Fifi
21. A Red Mage
22. POS Industries
23. Whorchata that dame
24. JasonD
25. JMZ

With JMZ that will put us at 25 soooo we are full up! I hope we can find a way to squeeze in more people, we really need it D:

Let's see what the space is LIKE with that many people in it first, yeah?

[edit]
Hey, it's a Friday without me having to run a stream or cart stuff places!
::dances around::

Last edited:
Totally didn't put me on the list!!!
....THIS IS WHY YOUR POST KEPT GETTING EDITED DAN and still missed Mech anyways (I am not the ghost editor).

ATTENTION EVERYONE ATTENDING THIS SATURDAY @Some Person can utilize his 20% off for Pizza Hut. If you would like pizza please try and post up topping preference and BE SURE TO BRING MONEY TO THROW INTO THE POT for this! There are various deals to make this even better like 2 mediums any toppings for 6.99 each. We just need to gauge interest/preference so we can do this without talking for an hour about it when we get there on Saturday. ACTUALLY I'ma make like a spreadsheet or something....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sYlASVgDdmZs3QUqS4-ecoQGgdKxPjxXY1j33AAjSH4/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone with this link should be able to edit punch in your data accordingly. Yay planning.

confirmed
We are at max limit already, Dan just hasn't updated the list D: . We are unfortunately capped this week... and hopefully it won't always be like this? Ugh, I don't wanna exclude people D: