• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Devil May Cry Thread

Not sure how I feel about it being in a multi-verse with Castlevania, that anime was far too serious for a DMC sort of show but hopefully it works.

734f1841dd6dd3f9da6dfa27576faca092b8c701e20f536c86b1a95de8e6f2fd.png

The bootleg multiverse most likely refers to the shows he is working on, rather than them being connected at all.

That picture is gold lmao.

Dante is dead too?

I mean, he's been impaled enough times.

Hoping we get some gameplay reveal for V soon. I wanna know what his deal is.
I've seen some theories that he might be related to Arkham in someway (That'd be rad if his book was Arkham's)
and... his gameplay. Summoning demons? Like what, we talking Jack-O, or Bayonetta?

I have a feeling we'll see some Gameplay at the Game Awards this year.

I have a feeling we'll see some Gameplay at the Game Awards this year.

Yeah, some new DMC5 info/reveals coming this year was confirmed and Game Awards is the last big event of 2018.

Reactions: Jutsei
V trailer is up, IGN got it exclusively and so nicely put something that some consider a spoiler as the headline, so I'll post the version without story content here. Personally I don't think it's any real spoiler, just further hints towards identity, in a very big way though I suppose.

DMC5 demo finally coming to PS4!! The current one has been taken down (if you already downloaded it you can still play dw) and a new (slightly different, according to Itsuno) demo will be releasing on PS4 and Xbone on February 7th.

By slightly different I hope he means that it will include Buster, because god damn only having Overture and Gerbera was... limiting.

Well, while I wanted Buster I'm certainly not going to complain about getting to finally understand how the fuck Punchline controls. Wonder what the moveset you can unlock is.

HIDDEN WEAPONS
DwZIaNxX4AArLPK.jpg

Last edited:
I hope "Additional characters" is dev speak for
"If this game sells well we'll readd Trish and Lady and maybe Lucia"
'cuz got a feeling Vergils in there

Remember good old times when devs kept surprises in games for people to discover, instead of advertising 100% of content to attract as many people as possible?

I feel like they're probably going to keep Vergil back for the special edition. It's almost tradition at this point. And after adding Trish and Lady in DMC4:SE I think it's pretty likely they'd show up (hopefully a bit more fleshed out with some new animations) in a DMCV:SE. Lucia though I doubt it. Maybe we'd get a playable Nico though lol, that could be pretty funny.

We know Vergil is literally in the game, just not if he's playable, or playable as himself at least. The lack of him would feel rather odd at this point, I could see it happening, but given both Itusno's love for him and the fanbases love for him, it seems like a rather odd move.

So, the new demo adds Enemy Step and Shuffle to the move list and of course Punch Line, which we already knew. Punchline controls better than I thought it would and is a fucking blast to use, using the Breakage on Goliath is pretty amusing. Takes a bit of getting used to on the timing for calling it back though, because you can't do it instantly, scrub moment from my first run through where I had an issue with that, but shows that hey, it's easy to use. (Plus using a different controller and control scheme really has thrown me off, but oh well).

I guess I'll add for context that Reuben Langdon (Dante VA) was being shot at in Guatemala (where he was filming a documentary) but thankfully ended up unharmed.

I guess I'll add for context that Reuben Langdon (Dante VA) was being shot at in Guatemala (where he was filming a documentary) but thankfully ended up unharmed.
Also the fact he joked about it saying he drank bulletproof coffee.

They took Dante Must Die mode too seriously.

For anyone who doesn't know everything shown before today has been mission 11 or prior and they've stated repeatedly that the plot kicks in at mission 12 (and that V gets more "interesting" after mission 12).

Capcom released a trailer today that contains stuff from later in the game and I am told actual spoilers. So avoid that trailer anything else from here out if you want to go in relatively blind.

dmc/vampire crossover
Hrmm. Is there any side lore that says DMC and Darkstalkers can't be in the same universe? Sort of like how final fight and street fighter are?

Honestly I'd just want a new Vampire game with a big "featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series" sticker on the cover.

Finished DMC V yesterday, It took me a while but I really like the game and the story, I particularly enjoyed V and Crimson Cloud
I hope V comes back in the sequel because he was great.
Vergil has the power of the King of the Underworld now, right?
Mundus had that and he created Trish. So just have Vergil create V!
Anyway, Bloody Palace drops on the 1st.
And there's been some datamining/editing...
Vergil can be playable, and there's code for a multiplayer lobby in Bloody Palace

Hrmm. Is there any side lore that says DMC and Darkstalkers can't be in the same universe? Sort of like how final fight and street fighter are?

Honestly I'd just want a new Vampire game with a big "featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series" sticker on the cover.
drz2ct-377e0973-6727-4987-a69e-b0cb40090269.jpg

Reactions: Dragonage2ftw
Ok, now I know we need a vampire game with everyone "from the Devil May Cry Series"!

For those curious, you get a special taunt for each character by beating the Bloody Palace with each of them, very unfortunately, there is no co-op at this time, but given enough requests, it might happen, so be sure to slap that onto your Capcom survey!

Super versions of characters also work on the Bloody Palace, so if you really want those taunts and you already styled on Son of Sparda/Dante Must Die, there ya go.