• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Diamond In The Rough: Cerebella!

Magma442

Get ready for a Showstopper!
Reaction score
Steam
Magma442
PSN
Magma442
Cerebella
Welcome to the dedicated thread to the star of Cirque Des Cartes: Cerebella

image.jpg

The Strong Armed, Skilled, and for some reason Pure, Mafia Leg Breaker!

Last edited:
I do too, but I still like the character.

Last edited:
Yeah... Running team Blood Diamond is deliciously awkward. :)

Reactions: Magma442
I would 2/10 her
but this is strictly no gameplay discussion.

Because of that sidenote, she ain't really THAT bad.

We need some tom boys in the cast, and although Bella might be a diva and Peacock wears a dress they are damn good tom boys.

We need some tom boys in the cast, and although Bella might be a diva and Peacock wears a dress they are damn good tom boys.

I always got more of a burlesque vibe from Bella- a self-aware performer, bit of a tease, but more concerned with having fun and putting on a show than any particular commitment or interaction. Her standard forward-walk, her Diamond Drop, these have a subtle sort of spunky feel to them. It's hard to explain... Not a diva, not a tomboy, but something in between.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Cere's out of your league, Magma

Reactions: Denizen
I'm looking forward to Bella's interactions with Beo in his story mode. She already has some pretty neat new dialogue when fighting him in matches.

I'm also excited to see how she'll interact with beowulf.

Reviving the thread so it doesn't get Eliza'd

It was only 7 days, no need to revive if no one has anything particular to say

So... With Robo Fortune in the Beta, now Cerebella can compress lasers into highly pressurized carbon and throw it back at people. And here I thought the Laws of Physics had finished crying in their little corner somewhere.

Also, something I've noticed against a certain Hell-Maid:
  • Diamonds are Forever, the level 3 super, is blocked by a standing exploding skeleton.
  • Diamond Deflector? Goes right through them.
So, yeah. In-world, Deflector is weird.

I believe it's because Deflector is a persistent projectile while Diamonds are Forever has one hit. It's also why if the level three hits the assist before the point character, point character doesn't get hit (i'm pretty sure) while both can be hit with deflect.

Reactions: The Dave
Well Diamonds can deflect light since its a gem and lazers can be reflected like light.

Or am I grasping at straws here?

Lets discuss about Non-Gameplay Cerebella, guys?
So, Vice Versa apparently has been with her since she was a child. Any thoughts on what her parents think when Vice Versa is worn by Cerebella? or any thoughts on how does Vice Versa look like post-18yo 'Bella?

Cerebella can compress lasers into highly pressurized carbon and throw it back at people.
man she can materialyze said pressurized carbon from the shockwave of a kick drum pedal

Lets discuss about Non-Gameplay Cerebella, guys?
So, Vice Versa apparently has been with her since she was a child. Any thoughts on what her parents think when Vice Versa is worn by Cerebella? or any thoughts on how does Vice Versa look like post-18yo 'Bella?

Well in the canon info thread it says her mother created living weapons, also I imagine Vice-Versa shrinks/grows depending on body type.

Maybe Cerebella's natural hair is pink and this was less awkward by comparison.

and whats the deal with her hair, who dyes their hair teal anyway?
In a world where one woman has crosses in her eyes and another has a striped horn, that's your main concern?

Would you be against having your child having a hat spawning a huge pair of muscular arms that could be used to protect them from danger? Since it was confirmed that her mother designed Living Weapons, I'd image she'd (is?) be cool with it.
I'd also imagine Cerebella would do her damnedest to continue to train her body to be able to keep up with wielding Vice-Versa post-18.

Last edited:
I live in a society in which there is no shame in being cross-eyed.
I know a girl with teal hair. What's your point?

So perhaps Cerebella's mom made Vice Versa specifically for her daughter, and Cere appears to be an expert at manipulating the living weapon. It implies Cerebella has had a lifetime of training to master Vice Versa and the gymnastic skill necessary to be an acrobat. But how did she end up with the mob?

Option 1: Tragedy
Cerebella's mother is dead. Cerebella lost everything. Homeless, Cerebella does strong-arm routines in the subway for spare change and commuter cash. Vitale notices and takes her under his wing. At first it is simply performing at the circus, but soon little favors are asked ("go with Beatrix and pick up a briefcase" "squeeze open this safe, I uh, forgot the combination" etc.) that slowly erode to some morally-questionable jobs. Next thing you know, she's an enforcer to the Medici mafia.

Option 2: Rebellion
Cerebella's mom is alive and annoyed her daughter literally ran away to join the circus. She's disappointed Cerebella threw away her gymnastics scholarship to New Meridian University for fame. Juggling elephants on the high-wire is impressive but there's something about the circus that seems a little shady...

Option 3: Family Business
A Living Weapon-smith for the Medici, Cerebella's mother becomes a target of rival gangs or even the Renoirs. With her parents murdered, Cerebella is taken in by Vitale. While browsing through her mother's stored Living Weapons in the armory, Cerebella discovers Vice Versa and her strong compatibility with it (remember, few people can actually use living weapons). From there she trains to better protect and serve her new family.

Option ∞: Anything's Possible
The real story isn't as maudlin and flat as the above theories, but you get the idea!

Wiki says she's an orphan, adopted by Vitale. I like your Option 3 there, as it explains why she'd be taken in and ties everything together rather nicely.

Also, if she had Vice Versa since she was young, this means Baby Bella looked like a mushroom...

Any lore-related info in the wiki should always be taken with a pinch of salt.
It is made not by Lab Zero but by fans, sometimes based on not fully confirmed sources and/or conjecture at that.

Reactions: Jimbob and Denizen