• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza Beta Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
c.hk was an otg, all hits when "otging" will have the same properties.
no i mean after you c.hk all things after won't hit and the foe is invincible. when he hit, that didn't happen. Idk im confused

Yes we are. The current throw no longer goes fullscreen in exchange for allowing you to combo from it. Mike even posted saying this.
ohhhh ok i see. i didn't see that

no i mean after you c.hk all things after won't hit and the foe is invincible. when he hit, that didn't happen. Idk im confused
c.hk was an otg...

Corner combos are gonna be fun because you can restand off s.mp, s.hk(2) with qcb+lk. You can also restand after s.hp(3) but the timing is trickier.

So far, in the corner, I'm thinking that she isn't ever forced to use her otg, seeing as she can get two ground chains in a row fairly easily and also has plenty of ways to air chain.

Depending on if that move works as good lockdown I may have found an anchor. Though I would prefer a neutral game assist.

p.s. s.mp IAD throw is dirty.

Last edited:

ohhhh ok i see. i didn't see that
I think he's saying it's a sweep move, why can you combo off of it? Cause that's what I thought the first time I saw it, but then again, I thought about BB when he uses j. hk, the opp bounces off the wall, and then he can use his sweep as an OTG. I see what each person is saying, so hopefully that cleared it up :D. Also great combos so far guys. They'll only get better!

I think he's saying it's a sweep move, why can you combo off of it? Cause that's what I thought the first time I saw it, but then again, I thought about BB when he uses j. hk, the opp bounces off the wall, and then he can use his sweep as an OTG. I see what each person is saying, so hopefully that cleared it up :D. Also great combos so far guys. They'll only get better!
Yes, this. Sweeps can't be combod after. Not supposed to anyways.

Anyways, yeah I'd love to see some people do some nice midscreen combos :( everyone always goes for corner -_- anyways I'll work on midscreen later. Just need those level 1 supers! Lol

Reactions: Shumabooma
I have a midscreen, but I can only get to 5070 (without super) unless I knock them across the screen (j hk).

My midscreen does like 6229 with out super and builds about .7 meter. hmmm I think I can do better.

My midscreen does like 6229 with out super and builds about .7 meter. hmmm I think I can do better.

Wow. How's that? I can't figure out how to get past 5k. I also can't figure out how to use s.mp.

Yes, this. Sweeps can't be combod after. Not supposed to anyways.
To clear this up forever:
Everything that hits as an OTG causes the OTG bounce, which is vulnerable hitstun. Even sweeps. You cannot get a guaranteed combo after a sweep any other way besides using it as an OTG. MvC2 was the same way.
Sweep is often your highest damage normal attack, so in an OTG situation it is to your advantage to use it.
Cerebella - corner Dynamo, cr.HK xx Horns
Big Band - launch, j.HK, tech, cr.HK xx Beat Extend
etc.

Reactions: Shumabooma
Wow. How's that? I can't figure out how to get past 5k. I also can't figure out how to use s.mp.

Well here is the thingy to look at, and for s. mp use it when you want to do a quick air grab reset. have a couple of jabs to link it in. S mp is a mini launcher so think of it as Band's s mk in how it can be used.

Well here is the thingy to look at, and for s. mp use it when you want to do a quick air grab reset. have a couple of jabs to link it in. S mp is a mini launcher so think of it as Band's s mk in how it can be used.

Oh. I meant midscreen like it could work anywhere. That looks like it needs to be near corner for the ending. But other than that it looks good. And is that it? Nothing combo wise? I don't wanna only use it for grabs, then people will know to tech when that move comes out. Also I don't play Band so I don't really know his stuff out side of extreme basics.

Oh. I meant midscreen like it could work anywhere. That looks like it needs to be near corner for the ending. But other than that it looks good. And is that it? Nothing combo wise? I don't wanna only use it for grabs, then people will know to tech when that move comes out. Also I don't play Band so I don't really know his stuff out side of extreme basics.

s mp can be used both for combos and resets, just like band's s mk you just got use the right moves to extend the combo if wanted to. so do air lk, ml, hp, dash into mp, hp and it should do a restand or something.

s mp can be used both for combos and resets, just like band's s mk you just got use the right moves to extend the combo if wanted to. so do air lk, ml, hp, dash into mp, hp and it should do a restand or something.

Okay. I'll have to try some stuff out later. Thanks.

Okay. I'll have to try some stuff out later. Thanks.
no prob. also don't do what I said it kinda don't work. do s mp, into air lk, hp dash into what ever finished with air hp then you can juggle your opponent. or something it's kinda tricky cause of some of her normals have weird angles to them.

Twirl doesn't seem to be doing much for me.... Other than throwing HK late in a combo for damage before super or to avoid using OTG in the corner.

Thanks Mike! I remembered that with Big Band cause of a stream you were on and you showed it off. I like twirl a lot for extension of combos. mid-screen before super but in the corner, I like to use the DP (3x) after s. hk (2x) into lvl 3. I felt it game me more damage but i'll check again

Twirl doesn't seem to be doing much for me.... Other than throwing HK late in a combo for damage before super or to avoid using OTG in the corner.
It's also sort of completely neutral on hit, so even if you don't do super afterwards you're good.

It's also sort of completely neutral on hit, so even if you don't do super afterwards you're good.
I think I'd much rather end in sliding knockdown though. Seems hardly worth the tiny bit of damage unless you need said tiny bit of damage for a kill.

Edit: sorry for some reason my iPad keeps double posting

Oh no wonder you cheated and used a jump in....nice lol & a corner. That's not really mid screens we're talking about lol. Like combos from across screen where you're not near the corner and start w/ c.lk is the assumption.

No more jump ins please...-_-

Everyone and their moms doing corner combos, but I got some regular ones right now - just check this post. It's on page 2 in this thread. It should give some ideas too. I'm playing around w/c.hp(1) > L twirl and also special Enders for more damage. I'm sure we can get 6k midscreen easy. Just need to test.

My eliza normal only combos (midscreen 5.5k on lights & 5.7k heavies)

This is the greatest burst baiting of All Time.
/snip
Yeah that was something I kept in the back of my mind glad you were thinking the same thing :) cool thing at least about it whiffing (unfortunately) is you can bait anymore then cancel into that also, it's really nice for throw resets too (unless mashing super I guess)

Last edited:
@Nuuance I've been doing c.hp(1)>hk spin. But it feels weird ending it like that. I wanna try to get more hits in. Oh. And also when I say I can't get more than 5k at the moment, I mean a universal 5k. I've seen the stuff for lights/heavies but I'm trying to do universal stuff.

@Nuuance I've been doing c.hp(1)>hk spin. But it feels weird ending it like that. I wanna try to get more hits in. Oh. And also when I say I can't get more than 5k at the moment, I mean a universal 5k. I've seen the stuff for lights/heavies but I'm trying to do universal stuff.

I won't say the c.hp(1) > L Twirl doesn't have bnb damage potential, because I think there is, but right now there's nothing I can find that's higher damaging than the stuff I've made atm. But trust me I'm still working on it!! Nothing's final and I know so little right now. There's only one universal I can really think of off the top of my head I haven't done a vid for yet (I'll put one up later):

C.lk, c.mk(2), c.hp,
j.lp, j.lk, super smallllll delayed j.mp > longer delayed j.hp,
s.lk, c.mk(2), c.hp,
immediate j.mk > j.hk, ADC j.lp (must be tight), j.mp (it's a semi-fastfall),
(Catch them in the air) s.lp(3), s.mk (3), s.hp(2), H Molecular Shield.

Just from eyeballing it, you should get 5.6k-5.7k. The timing for heavies on the first air chain isn't gonna be too hard at all, but for lights you're gonna have to get a feel for it. It's kind of tricky. Also, the air dash cancel is pretty tight too. To be honest, I feel the (j.mp > j.hp)x2 bnb for lights is way easier & the one for heavies easier too :p but anyways, you asked for universal so hopefully that works! I might upload something tonight...idk.

----------------

P.S. Oh btw, in order to make combo creation easier, I've been thinking about a couple things. Some of these ideas might be dumb, but I've never particularly been good with combo creation...I honestly don't even know how i got to half the squigly optimized stuff lol aside from inspiration from unusual/unorthodox combo strings.

So because of that I decided to keep a little "library" of restand chains (later will make ground chains & add in specials) to have a referenced "chain chart" with base damage & just as importantly, undizzy. I'm starting to go in circles remembering a chain, forgetting another...which jump chain does more damage...is it more beneficial to have it as the second jump chain or the first...I can't keep track of everything.

I might actually just make a new thread entirely so people can literally look at this info and create an optimized combo without even going into the game except to check for universal...ness.

The data I'll gather myself of course but if anyone could help me I'd love that too. This is what I'm gonna gather:

1. Normal attack #of hits - base damage for each hit - undizzy amount
2. Jump chain - base damage of chain - undizzy amount - is it true restand or are they caught in the air
3. Ground chain - base damage of chain - undizzy amount
4. Whether it's on a light or heavy

From this I was thinking about trying to see if I could code a program that had all these chains saved along with that data & it then can piece together a combo through each chain/stage and remember IPS by not allowing repeated moves/ADCs/etc. Almost like creating a build in an MMO but a combo instead & taking account of the scaling too.

I know optimized/new combos can be calculated. I just need to learn how to code a program to do so with the data

Does anyone have a link or know about where scaling starts/etc?

Here's a link to most of the air chains I've found so far. There's combos at the end from the other vid, but I'll cut those out later. This is just for chains.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryden Onkars
i am sorry i dint not mean to spam the thread with my post next time i will do my own research on combos

When we get our level 1s, I'm more than positive these will do 7k+ damage...but this what I got so far in addition to the video I put out already (in my signature). One thing I've noticed is despite using the twirl & such, just doing the simple chain does a tad but more damage -_-

Non-corner 6k heavy bnb/5.7k light bnb

So I wanted midscreen dp loops, and turns out they only work on BB. Go figure.
You can do a variation of s.hp(x2) xx H dp, j.lp, j.mp, ADC j.mp, j.hp into whatever with Val and Fortune (only them cuz of their flinching hitboxes allows them to get hit by the H dp), but I've only been able to get one rep of that and went into twirl loops instead. (Somebody plz prove me wrong)

Anyways, Everything in this combo is a loop! BWAHAHAHAHAHA
also it breaks 6k and does 9.3k with the lvl3 ender but whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuuance and Balder
Got a corner combo that's kinda universal. Much easier on mediums and heavies. Questionable practicality on lights.

c.lk c.mp s.hp (x3) dp(H)
j.mp j.hk adc j.hk
OTG c.hk dp(LMH)
j.lp j.mp adc j.lk j.mp
s.lp (x3) twirl(lk)
s.lk s.mk (x2) s.hp(x3) twirl(hk) xx lvl3

Last edited:
Got a corner combo that's kinda universal. Much easier on mediums and heavies. Questionable practicality on lights.

c.lk c.mp s.hp (x2) dp(H)
j.mp j.hk adc j.hk.hk dp(LMH)
j.lp j.mp adc j.lk j.mp
s.lp (x3) twirl(lk)
s.lk s.mk (x2) s.hp(x3) twirl(hk) xx lvl3
hmm... can you do jhp after the jlk jmp before that last chain?

Tested on parasoul: yeah you can do j.lp j.mp delay j.hp restand. Not sure what you can do with an extra 5 undizzy at 195/240, but it boosts the damage by like 15 points...

Tested on parasoul: yeah you can do j.lk j.mp delay j.hp restand. Not sure what you can do with an extra 5 undizzy at 195/240, but it boosts the damage by like 15 points...
No, I mean jlp jmp adc jlk jmp jhp (leaving you with 230 undizzy before the last chain) or... adc jlk jhp.

oh whoops. well you could, but then you can't be cool and do the lk twirl link. That's important to me.

Edit: could probably milk more damage if I used s.lk first, canceled into LMH dp instead, s.lp x3, s.mk, s.hp x3, hk twirl for the last chain.

Edit again: yup, doing the above as the last two ground chains bumps up the combo to 7.3, but feels more execution heavy. Also used j.lp j.mp delay j.hp as the second air chain. 10541 with lvl3

Last edited:
oh whoops. well you could, but then you can't be cool and do the lk twirl link. That's important to me.

Edit: could probably milk more damage if I used s.lk first, canceled into LMH dp instead, s.lp x3, s.mk, s.hp x3, hk twirl for the last chain.
your midscreens are swaggin bro lol didn't even think to do that! hmmm ill try to see how we can push everyone else just a tad more for the DP. I'm sure it's suppper simple if you haven't tried already. Like maybe using s.hk(1), c.hk (before they touch ground)...who knows. Anyways, We'll see.

After toying around with the fact that non-lightweights can get hit by standing normals after a DP, i've managed to crack 8k meterless damage without jumpins or counterhits! Big Band is annoyingly resistant since s.HKHK to DP will OTG him if he's standing, but he's also large enough for even s.LK to link off of M-DP.

Last edited:
After toying around with the fact that non-heavyweights can get hit by standing normals after a DP
Don't get too used to that...although there is probably a replacement. (^.~)

...It was only until it was quoted that i realized that i meant to say non-lightweights instead of non-heavyweights. Bah.

Either way, I was able to finish my utterly impractical Eliza ToD before things changed around. I wish i didn't have to dive into assist usage for the last bit of damage (at best i'm about 400 off solo), but at least it can be done. Also makes for a silly coincidence that a 77-hit "Luckier" killtouch uses 13 DP men total.

@TheGamaniac we must become friends. NOW.

Or at least when I get on the computer soon hopefully :/

@Rakurin wait where was this from???? And also is there more? Wait has salty happened already?

Status
Not open for further replies.