• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza Beta Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Video or notation?

I can do notation. Oh and 5.8 is with j. hp. Without it only does 5.4k.

c.lk>c.mp>c.hp
j.lk>j.mp>j.hp
adc j.mp>j.hp
s.lk>c.mk(2)>c.hp
j.mk>qcb hp>c.lp
s.mp>s.hp

It works on everyone, but its annoying to do on Double and Cerebella if you're not used to it. Also depending where you are and the where the character wall bounces to, you gotta delay Sekhmet's lunge to make it work right. And if you wanna not do the wall bounce thing, you can do s.hpx3>qcb lpx3>s.mp>s.hp after the c.mk(2) for about 5.3k without a jump in. I know it kinda sucks but it's all I could figure out. Maybe one of you guys could make something better out of it.

Regardless of whether these end up being true burst baits, yay damage?

And yes indeed, that last combo is a meter-neutral 8k corner combo from c.LK.

Reactions: Nuuance
This is the highest damage I've gotten off Sekmet, I've used every starter besides s.HP (Which I use in the counter hit version) and I think this is the most damage that he can get solo? [9K]:
Starting off j.HP is rather impractical so I made a reset into it. Start + Reset total does [11.8k].
The best part about this reset is that it beats people who are mashing, and most people who mash supers (because they will get their inputs crossed up and their super wont come out... rrrright?) If they mash you get a counter hit. I'm not sure if this is his highest damage counter hit combo but here's the CH version anyways. [10.2K] [13.6K Counting Start]:

NOTES:
1. If timing is too much for you with the Jump chain, then try leaving out either the j.mk or j.hp. Usually that'll do it. Damage doesn't really suffer too much either. Less stress = good
2. If you can't get the c.mk off in time, then you might be too close. However if you're BARELY missing it, then for the jump chain, jump straight up and try whatever you feel comfortable with.
3. For heavies, they're realllly forgiving with the L Twirl loops. If they're far from you, use c.lk/c.lp. Might even be able to do that on lights....

FINALLY GUYS....A UNIVERSAL* Meter Neutral 7.2K BNB. As long as youre not too close to the corner it should work and I tested it on squigs, therefore it works on all lights and it worked on bella and double (with slight timing adjustments & starting at L DP instead of the M part). Aside from that, I think this is as uniform you're gonna get that's a TRUE meterless combo. And it's not too hard imo....

Oh, I forgot...the BEST part?? we still have time to do a level 1 after!! So whatever it is, im thinking 8k is looking pretty good right now assuming the level 1 scales well at the end :D

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
@Nuuance

While i LOVE your combos across all the characters that you create them for cause we seem to think the exact same about what a good combo is and isnt, what starters are good and arent.

I have to say... That saying a sekhmet combo is meterless... Is a bit of a: S...t...r...e...t...c...h

But good work nonetheless :) great combo as always and i will be working hard to memorize this and make it a bnb.

@Nuuance

While i LOVE your combos across all the characters that you create them for cause we seem to think the exact same about what a good combo is and isnt, what starters are good and arent.

I have to say... That saying a sekhmet combo is meterless... Is a bit of a: S...t...r...e...t...c...h

But good work nonetheless :) great combo as always and i will be working hard to memorize this and make it a bnb.

EDIT: Fedora Ninja helped me out. Meter Neutral. I didn't know what phrase to look for and meterless was the closest thing i could think of. But yeah it's all better now.

True, it's not meterless. i forgot to add the asterisk. By meterless, i just meant at the end, you don't end with less meter than you started with and thus being a normal bnb you can do at any point wheenver without worry about an accidental recall. Annd you can do a level 1 when we get them! :D

Last edited:
Lol no worries dude.. I didnt realize it was meter neutral... Thats awesome. Good stuff man.

FINALLY GUYS....A UNIVERSAL* Meter Neutral 7.2K BNB. As long as youre not too close to the corner it should work and I tested it on squigs, therefore it works on all lights and it worked on bella and double (with slight timing adjustments & starting at L DP instead of the M part). Aside from that, I think this is as uniform you're gonna get that's a TRUE meterless combo. And it's not too hard imo....

Oh, I forgot...the BEST part?? we still have time to do a level 1 after!! So whatever it is, im thinking 8k is looking pretty good right now assuming the level 1 scales well at the end :D

Enjoy :D

Try this starting with more meter and I can almost bet you it wont end up meter neutral.

Try this starting with more meter and I can almost bet you it wont end up meter neutral.

I'll take that bet, assuming that you mean that it will be meter negative. If you mean that in some of those combos he actually ended meter POSITIVE, then you would be right. He has it on no meter which means that as soon as he recovers to a neutral position no longer using or gaining meter, it goes to no meter. But if you watch the combos he actually comes out positive by about 10-15%% meter a few times.

Unless there's something about meter gain under one level that i dont know that has nothing to do with wiffing moves since he didnt wiff any moves?

@Nuuance nice combo but whats the name of the song ? you always have the godly catchy music lol

I'll take that bet, assuming that you mean that it will be meter negative. If you mean that in some of those combos he actually ended meter POSITIVE, then you would be right. He has it on no meter which means that as soon as he recovers to a neutral position no longer using or gaining meter, it goes to no meter. But if you watch the combos he actually comes out positive by about 10-15%% meter a few times.

Unless there's something about meter gain under one level that i dont know that has nothing to do with wiffing moves since he didnt wiff any moves?

TL;DR: no, the combos are neutral at worst and positive when done normally. I just said neutral to be safe. I forgot to turn the meter option to "normal" & not just at zero. Next time I'll remember that so you see what's left. But anyways, the combos are as advertised. So cool beanz

@Tomo009 Dime_x is spot on and quite perceptive. I actually redid these combos about 4 times to make sure, but unfortunately I forgot to set the meter to zero AND set it to "normal" so you'd see the net gain/loss at the end of a combo. Like Dime said, when I recall, you can see the meter jump (or dip in this case) back to zero as soon as the combo counter is done.

I'll just say this: I practiced this first with 3 meter & at the end I was able to do my level 3 so it's definitely a true neutral combo. Now the end might be a little tricky since you can't recall immediately after that axe strike, but even if you're a little late you should still end up positive. And of course like I was talking about earlier, rrrrrrrrright after that last hit, we'll be able to cancel it into a level 1 super or DHC and most likely get 8k (assuming sekhmet can use a level 1 ground super...)

@SoulBlueFlash ohh lol thanks the song's "Pharaohs" from the artist "Sbtrkt"

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just doing something slightly wrong.

I tried it on Valentine.

I couldn't hit 2MK > 2HP on her, so I did 2MP > 2HP instead.

I also did 5LP instead of 2LP but that shouldn't have changed meter gain much?

I got about net .2 meter loss for 7189 damage.

Very consistent though, which is great. How are you landing the 2MK 2HP section?

Maybe I'm just doing something slightly wrong.

I tried it on Valentine.

I couldn't hit 2MK > 2HP on her, so I did 2MP > 2HP instead.

I also did 5LP instead of 2LP but that shouldn't have changed meter gain much?

I got about net .2 meter loss for 7189 damage.

Very consistent though, which is great. How are you landing the 2MK 2HP section?

Remember I'm no Eliza expert yet lol...but one of the first things that come to mind is the positioning itself. It's as universal as I could get not being more than 3/4 past midscreen. I'm assuming you're doing it midscreen but maybe that's partially it . The startup for c.mk is verrryyy slow & depending on how close you are to a corner, it might be tough. I'll include this in the OP, but you can ACTUALLY just do j.mk > H Sekhmet or j.hp > sekhmet. I've found that sometimes it leaves you in better positioning depending on things. Now this is assuming you're recalling ASAP. Additionally sometimes you may have to sneak in a little dash. I've done it even for double with her yucky weight so it's not as hard as sneaking in a valentine dash, but nonetheless you'll have to use judgement. When you get that c.mk , try to end up as close as you can to them before it starts

Assuming it's not positioning, another thing to take into account is the s.hp rekka itself: it actually REALLY changes the rest of the combo and I delay each hit as long as I can to remain as close as I can so the vacuum effect is easier for the last (and only) c.hp. Also just as important, when you do c.hp & cancel it ...delay for a bit. Don't immediately L twirl. If you wait for them to come to you, it should work out just fine.

Since this really has me curious I'm gonna hop on and see if it works (it should I'm assuming since squiglys hit box is so damn annoying)

I don't think you can really assume things from testing on one character in Skullgirls, that's one thing I've learned. you can never be too careful testing on the whole cast, Eliza for example has a hurtbox almost as thin as Squigly, Cerebella has a banana box and Valentine's feet are so wide spread but her body much further back.

I tried a similar thing though, about the same near meter neutrality. I got 7316 damage, not sure who it doesn't work on, but it works on Val for sure:

2LK 2MP 5HP HP xx 623MP HP
j.MK j.HP xx 214HP
KK
623LP MP HP
j.MP j.HP xx ADF
j.LK j.MK
2MK xx 214LK
5LP 2MK 5HP HP HP xx 214LP LP LP MP HP

Last edited:
Reactions: gllt
I don't think you can really assume things from testing on one character in SKullgirls, that's one thing I've learned. you can never be too careful testing on the whole cast, Eliza for example has a hurtbox almost as thin as Squigly, Cerebella has a banana box and Valentine's feet are so wide spread but her body much further back.

I tried a similar thing though, about the same near meter neutrality. I got 7316 damage, not sure who it doesn't work on, but it works on Val for sure:

j.MK j.HP xx 214HP
KK
623LP MP HP
j.HP j.HP xx ADF
j.LK j.MK
2MK xx 214LK
5LP 2MK 5HP HP HP xx 214LP LP LP MP HP
True. Although I have a feeling it'll work...I'm confused at this part .

623LP MP HP
j.HP j.HP xx ADF
j.LK j.MK
2MK xx 214LK

How in the heck is there two j.hps? Lol...I'm an idiot when it comes to notation and I'm more visual so if you've a video I'd love to see.

I'm no combo maker expert at all, but one thing i do know is that you really HAVE to test every character individually to make sure a combo is universal or not.

Pw,fortune,peacock,double,parasoul,bella,squigly all seem to have problems in combos... Fortune floats weird, parasouls hurttbox becomes skinny for some reason, peacock is very floaty, bella has weird things going on as far as pushback is concerned, squiglys like the size of a toothpick...

The only character i know of that almost everything hits no problem is filia.

True, quite true. But like i mentioned, i think it works on everyone. The biggest issue for me was the air chain to be honest and if it worked on squigs then itd work on all the lights. the ground chains are universal since ive practiced them before we got sekhmet. But anyways i did it on val and its as i thought: you have to really delay the s.hp x2 and stress every hit. the c.hp ISSS a bit far, but it still feels easier than squigly. i didn't have any problems :D But maybe you were an eeeeeeensy bit over on one side of the screen? Who knows...new character...new timings...bro lol i barely got it down myself. But anyways heres the vid:

P.S. A bonus false reset at the end & fixed the meter thingy for you

P.P.S. Also i found if youre getting out of midscreen range, jump straight up & do j.mk > H Sekhmet call for an adjustment. Havent tested on everyone, but I have a hunch its universal.

EDIT: Uploaded New vid. Looks somewhat promising. Need optimization & Sekhmet Ideas now. Might have to change some combo structure for that air chain, but for now, this is just my initial idea without any real thought into it.

My first Unoptimized Heavies (except bella grrr) 3/4 screen combo)

Iddddeeeeaaaaaazzzzz??????? @guitalex2007 @Yaya @TheGamaniac @mpgame99 @KhaosMuffins @Fedora_Ninja @Skarmand ?? I forget who else has done some cool corner combos, but im too lazy to page back. Just as a note, the parts after the fast fall & air chain in the second combo were just filler...idk wtf to put there....that's where you guys are more genius than me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dime

A universal 3/4 of the screen combo that does 7k

cr.LK, cr.MP, s.HP(x2), dp+mp, hp
j.MP (j.MK on heavies), j.HP, ADC j.LK, j.MP j.HP
s.MP, s.HK(x2), qcb+LK
s.LK, qcb+LK s.LP(x3), s.MK(x3), s.HP(x3) qcb+LP(x3), MP, HP

@Nuuance I can't seem to get that twirl thing down no matter what light move I chain after. It's weird cuz sometimes it works right and sometimes it misses. Idk what the issue is.

is the light attack not coming out or is it whiffing?

is the light attack not coming out or is it whiffing?
whiffing mostly.

chances are that you're pressing the button late then.

If a combo works on everyone, I dread the moment I'm about to try it on Double, Bella and Big Band.

As advice, I would make your practice dummy team Squigly/Valentine/Double.
For some reason I still rotate through everyone for timing reasons. But that's not a bad idea.

Hey @Mike_Z Eliza's s.hp whiffs on Big Band after her c.mk(2).

Anyone else agree that Sekmet does way too much camera shake? After a while of trying to grind out a bnb with her, I've started getting headaches, which never really happens.

Like if you compare the camera shake from Eliza's heavies to Sekmet's j.hp, it's like an earthquake and kinda disorienting.

Like if you compare the camera shake from Eliza's heavies to Sekmet's j.hp, it's like an earthquake and kinda disorienting.
cr.HK, s.HP 3rd, Sekhmet j.HP, and Sekhmet axe all have the same camera shake. I can reduce it on j.HP though.

Reactions: gllt
After careful review, it's actually the camera shake from sekhmet's j.hp + the anchor hitting the floor that's causing huge problems for me. (j.hp xx qcb HP)
Although there is a lot of camera shake in this combo:

• Does 8k
  • -.5 meter due to end, otherwise meter neutral-ish. Could opt for s.hpx2 xx hk twirl xx lvl1 (whenever that gets added)
  • Not tested on heavier characters cuz headache. Concept works on Val too, if that means much.
Edit: I should probably throw some annotations huh?

c.lk c.mp s.hk xx dp(mh)
j.hp xx qcb hp
neutral jump j.mp delay s.hp kk
c.hk xx dp(mh)
j.mp ADC j.lk j.mp
s.lp(x3) s.mp(x2) s.hp (x3) xx qcb lp(x3) s.mp s.hp kk

Last edited:
After careful review, it's actually the camera shake from sekhmet's j.hp + the anchor hitting the floor that's causing huge problems for me.
Ah yeah, I can lessen that a bit, but it needs to have some. Also the anchor bit will have a sound effect, so that'll prolly help.

True. Although I have a feeling it'll work...I'm confused at this part .

623LP MP HP
j.HP j.HP xx ADF
j.LK j.MK
2MK xx 214LK

How in the heck is there two j.hps? Lol...I'm an idiot when it comes to notation and I'm more visual so if you've a video I'd love to see.
Bah it was meant to be j.MP, sorry, that was a just before going to sleep post.

Anyway, this is what I've just tested, I have it working on EVERYONE (tested) with a few tweaks.

There are unfortunately slight differences amongst the cast, but it does work on everyone with only minor changes.

j.HP xx 214HP
KK
623(LP) MP HP - Omitting the LP is necessary on Double and makes the combo easier on BB
j.MP j.HP xx ADF
j.LK j.MP
2MK (2MP on BB, because blech) 5HP HP (2HP on Cerebella because ANNOYANCE 1) xx 214LK
5LP/2LP(5LP is easier but doesn't work on some, 2LP for consistency but difficult on some) 2MK (2MP on BB....) 5HP HP HP xx 214LP LP LP MP HP

Hoh-k

I performed this version on Eliza for 7526 damage and came up meter neutral

j.HP xx 214HP
KK
623LP MP HP
j.MP j.HP xx ADF
j.LK j.MP
2MK 5HP HP xx 214LK
2LP 2MK 5HP HP HP xx 214LP LP LP MP HP

I'll try and record this some time today, I find it a bit easier personally. It also has fantastic corner carry and slightly more damage. I'm trying to figure out if the meter gain is actually the same, but apparently I suck at cancelling Sekhmet as early as possible because my final meter amounts actually vary quite a bit.

ANNOYANCE 1: This is beta, so I hope Mike agrees with me on this and changes 214LK slightly. Basically, that slight backward knockback on the second hit makes things much more difficult than they need to be. If the attack is supposed to mainly be used as as way of linking strings together as combo fodder, personally I'd like it to be somewhat consistent. This seems to make 2MK 5HP HP xx 214LK > ANYTHING not work on Cerebella under any circumstances as far as I can see? Meaning you have to do the first hit of 2HP, JUST for her and then the 2LP link is still pretty difficult compared to on other characters. The Bella banana hurtbox strikes again...

I think a vertical pop up would solve this completely, unless I'm missing something.

Oh, it would be nice if 2MK > 5HP worked on BB, as well.

Reactions: yellowflash26
So hey here's something neat to know. If Sekhmet's s.MP hits against anyone not named Double in the air, if you literally wait until the very last hit to cancel into s.HP they will be moved up so the HP will bounce them higher. Ground bounces depend on the height at which they connect, so in most cases it will let you jump and continue or burst bait with jump back j.HP.

Cancel too early and they're dragged to the ground so HP bounces them too low.

Challenge accepted?

I suggest doing combos on squigs like mike was saying & like I've been doing since we got sekhmet. Val seems to be pretty generous in some instances & whatnot...

But anyways @Tomo009 I definitely see what you're saying. I sincerely would LOVE a slight....and I mean SLIGHT vacuum effect on L Twirl, but idk how Mike feels about that. To be honest, it's a bit tough on everyone in the sense you can't dial it in. You need to (@yellowflash26) make sure to do almost every move prior at the last minute so you end up close to the opponent. c.hp > L Twirl is your friend & you HAVE to add a slight delay and do the twirl as late as possible. Almost before they hit the ground again. What's harder is c.mk, s.hp, L twirl. That's what sets everything up. If that goes right the. The rest is significantly easier.

In my 7.2k bnb vid I have the bnb done on Bella to show you what I mean.

Combos are much more reliable on Val than Bella. EVERYTHING DROPS ON BELLA.
I agree with this but Valentine has her own quirks as well. Everyone does.

The only thing I ever assume is if something works on Fillia it will work on Fukua.

EDIT:
Tested the Bella and the super heavy variations

Bella: 7446
Big Band: 7399 - Unfortunately not quite meter neutral
Double: 7519

Last edited:
I agree with this but Valentine has her own quirks as well. Everyone does.

The only thing I ever assume is if something works on Fillia it will work on Fukua.

TL;DR: combo difficulty - hardest: Bella; medium: squigly, parasol, double; easiest: big band, peacock, Val, fortune, Painwheel; omfg don't need a controller: Fukua/Filia

This is what I've found out about hitboxes from a lamen perspective (calling myself a lamen)

1. For Eliza at least, if it works on Squigly, then that means the combo automatically works for peacock, fortune, Fukua/filia, painwheel, Eliza, Val.
2. Parasol & Bella have very unusual gravity/hurt boxes for Eliza. Bella is heavy, yet her hitbox is all banana-y. Don't expect combos to work on her too well without modifications. Parasol is more forgiving, but REALLY doesn't like j.mp (beginning of a jump string). If combo structure is tight, then para should be cool usually.
3. Big band & double are super fun to do combos on and also a bit annoying at the same time, wall bounce with heavies is nothing anyone looks forward to, BUT when it comes to hitboxes & gravity, usually you can fit in way more j.hps in there.

I once assumed things like that, but trying different characters kept changing my perspective.

Eventually I gave up. (Gave up trying to be lazy?)

So now I make sure to test on everyone because there is no shortcut. You can assume things like things USUALLY work on Eliza if they work on Squigly.

But for example, my Fukua combos worked fine on everyone but Painwheel until I found a solution. You can't really tier them, they just have individual quirks that will matter in different situations. Cerebella's funky air hitbox is a consistent problem though haha. Double being really small in air hitstun is also a problem quite a lot of the time, she ground bounces much further back than even Big Band, despite their identical weight.

Anyway, Mike has already fixed the Big Band problem and if he decides LK twirl is worth changing, this type of combo will be consistent on the cast and very meter efficient.

EDIT: Oh, if you are on 0 meter, you can still do 214MP to tack some damage at the end of a combo after 5HP HP HP, though just 623HP into a mixup is likely the better choice there.

Props to @mpgame99 & @TheGamaniac btw. I liked that tricky ADC combo Gamaniac used so I tried to see if maybe it was damaging enough, but it turned out it was the same damage, but a bit more ADC'ish. And I actually hadn't looked at MPG's bnb but it turns out mine is fairly similar but enough differences to notice. I'd actually worked out this bnb a long while ago but never posted it :p so anyways here it is.

I have some more slightly more optimized versions of these for 5.47k & 5.51k and a double-specific one I'm working on that's completely different than the previous combos, but did you know you can do the val loop on double? j.hp > j.mp > j.hp :) there's a slight delay to let hit stun carry double back to the ground, but it's pretty legit :)

P.S. I like parts of MPG's bnb and some of mine better so later I think I'll combine certain sections for a super duper easy bnb.

P.P.S. Mannnn I love her s.hk...the powwwaaaa...sorry val :/

-----

Also, I've found s.hk~s.hk is more powerful then s.hp x3 at the end of a chain. At least for what I saw. Also it slides which is amazing for wake up game :D
does this combo work online at all i wanna know before i run it

Status
Not open for further replies.