• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza Setups and Tech Thread!

Yeah, so I'm just gonna show the resets that have been most successful for me that I came up with.

Just mix and match lows, and cross ups on these. You can also do a meaty grab after the jab air resets them.

Yeah, so I'm just gonna show the resets that have been most successful for me that I came up with.

Just mix and match lows, and cross ups on these. You can also do a meaty grab after the jab air resets them.

I'm not judging your methods, but if I were in your shoes I wouldn't use Throw as assist, you could change that with take a train lk + dive of horace near the corner, take a train lk and air throw if they react, or use weight of anubis + take a train hk

Yeah, the throw assist is something I've been trying out. What I like is that for that setup it's pretty much an option select if they are just blocking. I usually use A Train, dash punch, or Beat Extend.

Works on everyone but Big Band. I only got it to work on Double without using the OTG once, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jelly_
Lights and Cerebella only
I just did this on Big Band, so.....

I realised that my Eliza resets are actually kinda lacking after all this time so hopefully I'll have some new stuff to contribute soon.

Reactions: Zero8teen(DG)
I just did this on Big Band, so.....

REARRY? Man, the timing must be awful, I couldn't get it to work. Good to know though!

quick question: what does taunting do for her now? does it still make sekhmet meter drain lower?

Taunting makes it so that you can do Lady of Slaughter while you are controlling sehkmet, and you get 25% of the damage you deal back as health, healing red health first

it's in the tutorial isn't it.

It vampires a bit (25%?) of any damage Sekh does and allows you to Lady from Sekh directly, both for the next Sekh call only.

I was trying to do something like that, but pushing the dead body was too hard, but thank you for using the 'feature' that allows her to use infinite servants. :^)

Hello fellow Neferu users
I'm cooking up stuff and practicing for Combo Breaker and I have a question

Spiral L is for links
Spiral H is for finishing combos with damage and lockdown in general

Why would one use the M version
It seems too slow to combo out of without an assist and H obviously does better in the combo/lockdown department

The purpose is the fill up the button because it would be weird if there was only an LK and an HK version.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Ah
It's one of those cases
Never mind then

found out a pretty good burst bait, universal and doesn't look like a burst bait, notation below. (Also if this was already done im sorry but too lazy to look at all the tech here)

s.lk c.mk c.hp (first hit) qcb.lk s.lp s.lp c.mk c.hp j.lp j.mp j.mk Airdash j.lk j.mp c.mp c.hp j.hk Airdash j.hp j.hk qcb.lk.

Make sure you don't move AT ALL after the second j.hk, delays may change depending on character and timing can get a little hard, this is also probably very improbable.

Why would one use the M version
It seems too slow to combo out of without an assist and H obviously does better in the combo/lockdown department

I usually use Mk version along with an assist for pressure, in cases with lock and load H, HK would be too long and Lk would be too short. it can also be used for grab resets, if the player is sleeping.

found out a pretty good burst bait, universal and doesn't look like a burst bait, notation below. (Also if this was already done im sorry but too lazy to look at all the tech here)

s.lk c.mk c.hp (first hit) qcb.lk s.lp s.lp c.mk c.hp j.lp j.mp j.mk Airdash j.lk j.mp c.mp c.hp j.hk Airdash j.hp j.hk qcb.lk.

Make sure you don't move AT ALL after the second j.hk, delays may change depending on character and timing can get a little hard, this is also probably very improbable.
A video or something would be appreciated.. I don't quite understand how jHK xx ADC jHP works midscreen.

also, the number of sLPs after the first osiris also varies by character. if i do 2 on filia she can block before cMK comes out. then again, an sMK will combo after 2 so...

A video or something would be appreciated.. I don't quite understand how jHK xx ADC jHP works midscreen.

also, the number of sLPs after the first osiris also varies by character. if i do 2 on filia she can block before cMK comes out. then again, an sMK will combo after 2 so...

Sadly, i cant record, unless you want a really bad phone recording.

But yeah, you might have to change some moves depending on character (as in standing/crouching or the amount of time you use said moves.), using only one s.lp after osiris spiral lk also works, the second ones really just there for style, the j.hp after j.hk is a very hard timing, and varies between character, not just between lights and mediums, but each individual character.

Hey i think it's been answered but still trying to find it. Can sekhmet tech grabs...???

In recovery. No skeleton cannot tech ch grabs
:) thanks. Guess I'll have to do moves just a bit further away so by the time they dash up I can tech. Hmm new sekhmet stratz ftw. Btw I got some other tech but gotta record it. I'll be on later

btw found that if you catch someone in the air a bit high in the corner with s.mk, you can actually wait a tiny bit for that delay and they'll drop a bit -- before second part of it. windows small but hitstuns still in effect. seems to give a tiny bit of leeway.

So I went back to page 1 & looked at all the tech from beta and put it in a list. I haven't tested it all to see what still works yet, but this is my ROUGH list. I'll try to make it pretty later, but essentially this is my little checklist:

Tech:
- cross under via j.lp (launcher, j.hp, AD j.lp)
- tick air throw from launcher, air chain, j.mk > j.air throw
-- try to jump up for Instant air grab
-- try fake crossunders after as test
-- s.mp, s.hpx, sekhmet call crossunder
-- s.mp, c.hk, special
- throw > SnapBack
- burst bait w/j.mk/j.hk > sekhmet call to avoid burst
- using s.mp for mini chains (j.mp, j.hp) & resets (j.mk, j.hp...then IAD j.hp)
-- (air light, j.mp)
- launcher, air grab (fast fall)
-- j.hk for fast fall
- IAD j.lk
-- sekhmet summon after crossup
- sekhmet using regular lp summon to crossunder & graze bottom of player after sekhmet launch. Low to ground & after launch @peak of foes height
-- dash under launch then "flylo" crossunder after!
- last combo chain noted (in air a tiny bit) s.lk, c.mk, c.hpx1, sekhmet call crossunder
- typical air chain, but then j.hk fast fall tinyyyyy bit then IAD > air throw
- use couch push as burst bait
- using grab summon on wakeup with assists
-- also couch
- sekhmet taunt on Divekick
- safe jump in j.mk (grab call, s.lpx2 before)
- tag on wall bounce!
-- squig throw
- tag in combos
- c.lp sekhmet > callback bait
- try normal air chain, but adc w/j.mk, maybe fast fall, then j.air grab
- simple air bait, ...j.mk, badc j.mk
- tigerknee upper khat > divekick
- false run jump into nbac
- s.hp sekhmet bait
- IAD j.lk after j.hp
- tick s.lp prior to landing for IAD or grab
- khapri sun > upper khat
- go under divekick for c.hk/c.mk direction change (back to corner)
- in corner after fall, c.lp, c.mpx1, c.hp for crossunder (lights/Bella/bb)
- badc, delay, j.mk for retreat
- tiger kneeing after upper khat mp, hp is good if don't wanna wall bounce
- upper khat far away convert jump chain restand: j.mk, acd j.lk, j.mp

Reactions: Vizer
By popular demand I made a concept video featuring many examples of things you could do after a s.MP:
(Some stuff can be pretty char specific tho)

great vid! i love s. mp resets

So I went back to page 1 & looked at all the tech from beta and put it in a list. I haven't tested it all to see what still works yet, but this is my ROUGH list. I'll try to make it pretty later, but essentially this is my little checklist:

Tech:
- a lot of stuff
and this is an awesome compilation of stuff to try out and refine, eventually turning them into something organized

i made a baby burst bait video a while back, but i didn't post it because i found out one of the baits wasn't as universal as i hoped it would be

0:05 [after launch] j. LP, j. LK xx air dash back, j. LK
- universal

0:12 [after j. HP "restand"] land, super jump straight up, j. LK
- in the corner, you have to do air M sekhmet's turn to avoid getting hit by their burst, since calling sekhmet makes you hang in the air just long enough. if they burst, you get counterhit air M axe into ground H axe for a big damage combo starter

- works on:

[anywhere]
squigly, parasoul, big band, peacock, eliza, double, beowulf, robo fortune

[corner only]
ms. fortune, filia, fukua

[nowhere]
painwheel, valentine, cerebella

0:42 [after H sekhmet's turn wallbounce] land, jump back, air sekhmet M
- universal

btw nuuance, which eliza corner combo do you like?

Last edited:
Do devita's corner combo. It's universal, doesn't use sekhmet, and it mostly easy

Do devita's corner combo. It's universal, doesn't use sekhmet, and it mostly easy
thanks, this sounds perfect

edit: nvm, this reset doesn't really work, they can just air recover shortly after the reset j. LP

here's a left/right reset after your OTG is gone (like if you're converting off a midscreen throw, or j. MK xx H air sekhmet) or just off any old cr. LK hit. it's simple enough that i'm sure people use it, but i don't think i saw it documented here

http://www.twitch.tv/vizer1/v/8203258

you can hit a cool-looking crossup cr. LK against valentine, parasoul, and maybe others

95ibb1V.png

you can't cross under big band, so him you "only" have an IAD crossup j.LK/non crossup j. LK/low mixup after you land

Last edited:
Heres some goodies. sorry been gone a bit.

Throwing with eliza but NO Sekhmet ;)

Reactions: Vizer
wow that's nice looking, surprised I haven't tried that before. Is it universal?