• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza Setups and Tech Thread!

wow that's nice looking, surprised I haven't tried that before. Is it universal?
Yes and no. It is universal, but timing on heavies is absolutely murder. For lights it's not too hard at all. Wait till the apex of your or enemies airtime, use j.mk, then ADC into j.lk and delay the next j.mp. Each hits hitstun is pretty generous once you see how it works.

For mediums and heavies might be a bit tougher because j.lk is just a little short. So instead I tried j.mk > ADC j.mp > delay j.hp > c.lk.

HOWEVER, what was in the video is universal if picking up a combo from Upper khat x2 or x3 & they're too far for the initial j.mp. The throw is the one that's the hardest.

Is this known?

Works on any character, except for the big ones.
Instead of crossing under it could also just combo when given a slightly different timing.

And i was just beginning to think I didn;t have enough setups with eliza. thanks!

Reactions: Receita Federal
Tagging so I can find my way back here

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm glad you're finally taking Team Nebraska Furniture Mart seriously

I included my midscreen combo, my corner combo. an application of an airgrab without using an airdash. the rest is explained in the video.

It is easy. I have done it. It is very advantageous to you for many reasons. It works on everyone sans double due to hurtboxes curling up before j.hp working its magic.

I even included a reference to another video i made that while i found it humorous it has merit. Please use Sliding knockdown. Just quote me to ask any questions regarding this. also give me thoughts to tinker with.

Last edited:
@Cadenza I can't do j.hp into assist after airgrab because assist doesn't come out, what's the tech to that?

@Mike_Z Still doesn't work, pretty sure I don't superjump. To be more specific, I've tried to do j.hp>assist from airgrab after c.hp>airgrab and MH Upper Khat>airgrab, in any case assist (Beat Extend) doesn't come out.

When you followup from launcher you will be in superjump state.

My combo route uses horus and allows me to rejump as in dash jump and as long as it isnt superjump state you can use assist
That works, thanks for the explanation!

many of you probably already know about this normal canceling thing

Edit: here's a good use of sHK kara Lspiral I think

and here's a good use of sHP kara

Last edited:
i recorded this like 6 months ago on my phone and finally got it on regular recording

not sure if guaranteed but hey fuck it

Reactions: Ninjapls
while im here, i found this awesome burst bait on complete accident. check it out

skip to about 1:20

Reactions: Icky and havick9
that's really cool, is there some easy way or trick to the input cause I just sort of flail at the taunt input

that's really cool, is there some easy way or trick to the input cause I just sort of flail at the taunt input
i think as long as you're holding 8 when you do the last button you should be able to trick is as a tiger knee

so like, dp h, then right after you do the dp input do mk, lp, lk, 8mp and it should work as a taunt.

Reactions: havick9
i think as long as you're holding 8 when you do the last button you should be able to trick is as a tiger knee

so like, dp h, then right after you do the dp input do mk, lp, lk, 8mp and it should work as a taunt.
the way I do it is by doing the whole taunt input before the DP is sjc-able

Edit: Hawt Salsa's thing works pretty well

Last edited:
the way I do it is by doing the whole taunt input before the DP is sjc-able

Edit: Hawt Salsa's thing works pretty well
btw you dont have to sj cancel, when you tiger knee something, the reason you're doing it is to cancel the jump frames into something else, so no matter what if you hold up, the launcher will make you super jump.

did i say that without sounding like an idiot idk

No I know about doing the jump cancel with 8 (or 9 like in the video), I mean Dp mk lp lk mp input is riiiip when I try it cause that's a lot of buttons in one moment

No I know about doing the jump cancel with 8 (or 9 like in the video), I mean Dp mk lp lk mp input is riiiip when I try it cause that's a lot of buttons in one moment
oh just git gud you know what i mean

Reactions: fenster
So, here's something that leads to a variety of resets: c.LK, c.MK, c.HP xx Dive of Horus, dash, jump, j.MP, j.HP, ADC, j.MK. You can then proceed to air throw, ground throw, attack low, instant overhead, crossup, or whatever else. Only works on mediums and lights, mediums being the best, as lights have somewhat odd timing on j.MP to make air throw work as well as any ground resets, timing may also vary character to character.

If you want this to work on heavies use j.MK instead of j.MP.

I don't know for sure if double jump counters this, so that could possibly be a counter, maybe not.

Air super is definitely a counter, though, so be aware of that.

Ground supers don't seem to counter this unless you're using j.HP for an instant overhead (even then that depends on how fast the opponent reached the ground) or a crossup, which you can use j.LK instead for an instant overhead and use a crossup when you feel they won't be mashing.

And let's see, I may upload a video showcasing this?

Anyway, tell me what you think, and if I missed anything that goes into this.

So, here's something that leads to a variety of resets: c.LK, c.MK, c.HP xx Dive of Horus, dash, jump, j.MP, j.HP, ADC, j.MK. You can then proceed to air throw, ground throw, attack low, instant overhead, crossup, or whatever else. Only works on mediums and lights, mediums being the best, as lights have somewhat odd timing on j.MP to make air throw work as well as any ground resets, timing may also vary character to character.

This tech has already been invented. You're putting in a lot of lab hours for something that has already been created.
In terms of its effectiveness, you can still mash out of it if the opponent has an air super, so be wary of that (unless you time it so that they're on the ground after j.mk)
Good tech nonetheless.

This tech has already been invented. You're putting in a lot of lab hours for something that has already been created.
In terms of its effectiveness, you can still mash out of it if the opponent has an air super, so be wary of that (unless you time it so that they're on the ground after j.mk)
Good tech nonetheless.
Well, okay then, at least it wasn't actual hours I spent.

Anyway, from what you're saying; air super would be the only counter? No double jump or anything?

Anyway, from what you're saying; air super would be the only counter? No double jump or anything?

Depending on the timing of dash > j.mp > j.hp > ADC > j.mk, air dashing and double jumping can also beat it out.

This thing might not be too useful

I think this reset is pretty cool

Last edited:

Last edited: