• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fan Voice acting

Here's a voice reel I made for Hive a while back:

I'm hoping I could make another one with better lines, and a consistent voice. Having a bit more of her personality from the IGG page helps a bit. I also made another one trying to voice Hive again as well as my shot at Ileum:

I could do more characters, but won't do that anytime soon with family members waltzing around and a sub-par mic.

I always kinda wanted to do voice acting. A few of my friends have told me I have a nice deep voice for it too lol.
But I dont like being the center of attention, and I dont really have a good enough Microphone for recording this kinda stuff :p
Plus I have no acting experience, so conveying an emotion other than anger would be a challenge for me. Maybe one of these days Ill get around to this kind of stuff

I always kinda wanted to do voice acting. A few of my friends have told me I have a nice deep voice for it too lol.
But I dont like being the center of attention, and I dont really have a good enough Microphone for recording this kinda stuff :p
Plus I have no acting experience, so conveying an emotion other than anger would be a challenge for me. Maybe one of these days Ill get around to this kind of stuff
I used to hate hearing my voice in fan project stuff (still do) but it gets easier to bear.

Its not even that I dont like my own voice, but i dont hear it like other people do. Plus i have no self confidence in something i havent done before. Like I said im sure ill eventually get around to trying it

I wish I could give my fan character a voice XD but like the others on here I hate my voice when I hear it. Wish someone could voice him instead of me but eh what are ya gonna do?

I've done a few Beowulf voices since the Indiegogo started, I always mean to record more stuff as him but I kinda forget to, haha!
https://soundcloud.com/draginite/miguel-moran-beowulf-demo
Definitely hoping I can voice him in the actual game. I managed to contact Alex Ahad thanks to a buddy showing him my recordings at Salty Cupcakes, and I'm on the list to get notified for when auditions start, so HYPE HYPE HYPE

Seems too "cool". IMO, the dub needs more "spirit", more "excitement", and even a bit of rage.

For me, the Kai Kennedy video (poted by Night Phyre... dunno if the video is catually his) nails most of it, but the voice is too... i think "hoarse" is the word.

Seems too "cool". IMO, the dub needs more "spirit", more "excitement", and even a bit of rage.

Yeah, I mean -- it's hot-blooded, but not HOT-BLOODED enough.

Incidentally, how much bullshit is there that you have to be within three miles of Los Angeles to get to be in pretty much anything? The only other places I know with an actual voice-acting community, so to speak, are Vancouver and Houston.

Would be nice to get a studio together here in Phoenix, but I suspect I'm one of like three people in this entire city with an interest in the subject.

ah! before i forget. don't take what i posted as an offense. it's an opinion about how the vharacter should sound. The Acting itself is flawless.

darn kid. that's a beautiful voice you have.
You must melt the heart of all the princesses singing like that.

Reactions: Kai
darn kid. that's a beautiful voice you have.
You must melt the heart of all the princesses singing like that.
And my wife just loves when that happens.

But thank you. I never turn down a compliment :)

I really wish I could do a few voices, but my voice is too young for the characters, although I plan on maybe trying it out when my voice is matured.

I couldn't help it, but after seeing yesterday's awesome Fukua reveal trailer, I had to put my own spin on Brain Drain again. It's a sickness I swear!

You. Your voice is amazing. If Brain Drain were ever to be, you should be his voice actor.

Reactions: Shockdingo
Seriously, Shock, come here. Need to ask you something.

Can you just...like, follow me around and dub over everything I say, cause seriously. Seriously.

Or Phyre. Hmm...I know, I need voice packs! Voice packs of Spider-Man! :PUN:

Just thought that I'd drop by and let you guys know that you can now embed sound files into posts - see here. The post talks about embedding video, but you can use the same tags to embed an mp3 file, for example.

Also @WaterMystic277, the link to your VO in the OP is broken because you moved to a different tumblr.

Reactions: Shockdingo
Seriously, Shock, come here. Need to ask you something.

Can you just...like, follow me around and dub over everything I say, cause seriously. Seriously.

Or Phyre. Hmm...I know, I need voice packs! Voice packs of Spider-Man! :PUN:
I accept paypal payments and cookies. Let's do business! Lol

Just thought that I'd drop by and let you guys know that you can now embed sound files into posts - see here. The post talks about embedding video, but you can use the same tags to embed an mp3 file, for example.

Also @WaterMystic277, the link to your VO in the OP is broken because you moved to a different tumblr.

Shock must use this to his advantage.
NOW.